Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! (Page 26)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 07-23-2010 08:47 PM
Replies: 2311 (31164 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 04-18-2017 06:55 PM
Firefox

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is at least 1 chop in the field. Chuck ( MotorTV ) from Chicago has both of his cars up here and his widebody chop is floating around. He also has his LT1 turbo car here.....
IP: Logged
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I JUST saw that car and was going to post here about it
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since your craving chop tops here is a pic for ya I painted most of it today with its temporary paint job of white!!

I hope you guys are having fun!! take lots of pics!
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 01:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

the frame transplant is sittin in my shed bring me a quarter window and its yours! the a arms are in it already w decent ball joints already easy swap!

I didn't stick around much after the show, but during the show the only one I saw selling parts was Rodney out of his trailer, and he doesn't have quarter windows. I'll see what I can find around me though.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:
...the car show at the Dells...has anyone seen any choptop Fieros on the premises?

Originally posted by sadie goad:
I haven't seen any choptops yet but I will post up pictures here when I do.

Thanks!

Ahah! Now I know why all our club's stickers are available only in white and black, jetsnvettes2000:

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:
Since your craving chop tops here is a pic for ya I painted most of it today with its temporary paint job of white!!

All razzing aside, thanks for the pic. The sloped-back angle of the windshield that is so readily visible in your photo reminded me to ask you: "How much more difficult--- if at all --- is to enter or exit a Fiero that has been chopped?"

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2011 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

All razzing aside, thanks for the pic. The sloped-back angle of the windshield that is so readily visible in your photo reminded me to ask you: "How much more difficult--- if at all --- is to enter or exit a Fiero that has been chopped?"

Lol you crack me up hehehe this isnt the final color of the car it is just a sealer coat till I am done with all the mods, I dont subscribe to the foolish thinking of driving a car around in primer. Driving a car around in primer just ruins it cause your introducing junk into it like oils and dirt primer is verry porus. so nope the colors arent based on my car!! lol I can get other colors now I guess Mike said he would be able to do it now.
Far as getting in the car I have only sat in it on a skateboard to move it and well its tight but so far havent sliced my head open gettin in! I should however this week be able to give ya alittle better answer after I get the sunroof to stop leaking water, at that time ill put the interior in I think I have a soulution to the problem.
Hey Chris I am beating you!!! get to work!!! ill be down one nite this week to look at what your dealin with maby ill just finish it for ya if u can get up up to me!
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Getting in and out of a chopper isn't too bad, you definitely have to fold yourself over more. The first time I got in my car after completing the chop I sliced open my head as I didn't have any of the interior trim installed, you learn to duck after that. Rob and I are about the same height 5'8"-5'9", for us it's not too bad. I've had someone who's 6'4" get in my car and it was a struggle for him but once he was in there he was fine

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 06-06-2011).]

Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey scott could u powder coat some stuff for me?
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Foxy Fiero13

1496 posts
Member since Mar 2008
also rob im in need of a few items/help ik u can get ur hands on or have

1 that cradle if u still have it in a few weeks its MINE!!!
2 i need the bracket that holds down the 2 shifter cables on a Isuzu 5 spd
3 possibly that 5 spd trans u got also if the price is right.. lmk
4 help with fiberglassing those rockers
5 and picking out a color for my black gt to go along with the green accents

colors are white, yellow, orange, black, or maybe a green
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Foxy Fiero13:

also rob im in need of a few items/help ik u can get ur hands on or have

1 that cradle if u still have it in a few weeks its MINE!!!
2 i need the bracket that holds down the 2 shifter cables on a Isuzu 5 spd
3 possibly that 5 spd trans u got also if the price is right.. lmk
4 help with fiberglassing those rockers
5 and picking out a color for my black gt to go along with the green accents

colors are white, yellow, orange, black, or maybe a green

that trani is a 3 speed outa a 85 gt and Tommy gets first dibbs on the trani ill let him know you want it as well if he dosent need it right away, gibbys has plenty! whoever I sell the cradle to I want 100 bucks for it. I dont have any manual stuff but gibbys just got a 84 in on friday and I think your in luck it has your stuff u want in it!
sadie goad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-06-2011 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sadie goadSend a Private Message to sadie goadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need a cradle, but for an 88. I have about given up hope, haha.
PFF
System Bot
scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hey scott could u powder coat some stuff for me?

I sure can, what all do you need done?
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok nvm on trans then looking for a 5 spd just to mate on cradle with a 3.8 ik 100 isnt anything just need to find out how to get it home if i drive the fiero by u if u go to gibbys soon grab me a bracket and ill pay u back im planning on coming up soon
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Foxy Fiero13

1496 posts
Member since Mar 2008

Originally posted by scott0999:

I sure can, what all do you need done?

i need a set of 88 rims done in white if u can how much? thats all i need at the moment
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

i need a set of 88 rims done in white if u can how much? thats all i need at the moment

I can do them, but I dont have a tire changer. you would need to bring me just the rims. $50/rim
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 12:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by scott0999:

I can do them, but I dont have a tire changer. you would need to bring me just the rims. $50/rim

u can sandblast them too right and ill remove tires b4 hand im hoping to come up by rob with in the next week or 2 ill bring them up with me
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"How much more difficult--- if at all --- is to enter or exit a Fiero that has been chopped?"

Originally posted by av8fiero:
Getting in and out of a chopper isn't too bad, you definitely have to fold yourself over more. The first time I got in my car after completing the chop I sliced open my head as I didn't have any of the interior trim installed, you learn to duck after that. Rob and I are about the same height 5'8"-5'9", for us it's not too bad. I've had someone who's 6'4" get in my car and it was a struggle for him but once he was in there he was fine

Thanks for posting your "heads-up" --- or maybe I should say "heads-down" --- caveat in response to my inquiry about getting into and out of a chopped Fiero.

From your comments, it sounds like I can expect getting into and out of a chopped Fiero to be somewhat more difficult for me than getting into and out of a stock Fiero. However, I've been ducking others' slings for years, so your caution to "learn to duck" wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me, not even in a Fiero that, after the chop, likely would remain my daily driver.

I realize that you and jetsnvettes2000 are doing your own chops, but would you guess their side windows' heights to end up being taller, shorter, or essentially the same as those from a V8 Archie chop?
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2011 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, so it begins. I got my 3800 block back from the shop. the bottom-end has been rebuilt. New COMP CAMS extreme energy cam and lifters are in. I replaced the valve springs tonight. BTW that job really sucks...lol. Next on tap. re assembly. Hope to have the engine buttoned up by this weekend. My 85 will then be decommissioned. I will be dropping the cradle and removing the 2.8. I have a new ECM and harness so I'll need to tidy up and convert the wiring. There will be new air intake ducting to maximize the Holly Ram air scoop. SO There is lots to be done. Hoping to have the 85 back on the road by 4 July. Want to bring it up possibly when I come home next. My 383 in my 86 should be growling by then too. I wont know what to do with two bad-ass Fieros running at the same time...lol.
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

u can sandblast them too right and ill remove tires b4 hand im hoping to come up by rob with in the next week or 2 ill bring them up with me

yes sandblasting is included in everything I powder coat (its basically required too for most parts)
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for posting your "heads-up" --- or maybe I should say "heads-down" --- caveat in response to my inquiry about getting into and out of a chopped Fiero.

From your comments, it sounds like I can expect getting into and out of a chopped Fiero to be somewhat more difficult for me than getting into and out of a stock Fiero. However, I've been ducking others' slings for years, so your caution to "learn to duck" wouldn't be a deal-breaker for me, not even in a Fiero that, after the chop, likely would remain my daily driver.

I realize that you and jetsnvettes2000 are doing your own chops, but would you guess their side windows' heights to end up being taller, shorter, or essentially the same as those from a V8 Archie chop?

Rob's chop is an Archie style chop, as he used Archie's choptop kit. Structurally I'd say they're identical. He bought the complete kit, side windows and all, so I'd say getting into and out of his vs. an Archie built chop is essentially the same. My chop is a homebrew chop, I actually completed the chop many years ago, but now I'm changing things around with the clip and doors. My chop is utilizing Archie's real glass side windows and they fit nearly perfect. I was very lucky how they fit my chop. I'd say my dimensions are very near Archie's,even though I went about my cuts differently. Getting into and out of either of our cars will be very similar to an Archie built chop...............

........hey fellow cheese Fiero fans, I'm going to de-option my Fiero. I'll be getting rid of the power windows, locks, mirrors, trunk release, and rear defogger. All this stuff worked when I put my car on the backburner several years ago. this is not junk but it needs to be cleaned up I'm sure[motors, solenoids, and switches all work but are slow, There are many threads on these issues, all these parts need is a good cleaning to have them working perfectly]. I have everything needed to swap this stuff into your Fiero except the inner door panels. I'll include all the wiring, switches, plates, relays, solenoids, motors, unbroken rear defogger window, and even the circuit breakers that plug into the fuse panel. I'm looking for a partial trade for the manual window regulators, manual mirrors, and a blank block off plate for the center console plus $125 cash in return. That price is for FOXVALLEYFIEROS members only. If no one is interested I'll be listing it in the mall for more.

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 06-08-2011).]

Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
robs got my 84 doors in u need manual windows and mirrors all i want is the glass out of them so if u wanna take the guts be my guest they are at robs house
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sadie goad:

I need a cradle, but for an 88. I have about given up hope, haha.

Hey, gibsons auto has at least 4 good 88 cradles avalible and the one in the black 88 would be super easy to get out, the engine and trans is already out it was a 4 banger to boot id bet they would sell ya one for 100 bucks or less.
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

robs got my 84 doors in u need manual windows and mirrors all i want is the glass out of them so if u wanna take the guts be my guest they are at robs house

Great Thanks! I'll have to go get that stuff. Maybe I'll hang onto my power options then. I have several sets of glass already out of the doors, if you want me to drop a couple sets over there at Robs then you won't have to mess with pulling out the glass[not a fun job]. Let me know if you want the glass

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 06-08-2011).]

Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2011 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thats fine idc its up to u av8fiero i might swing buy rob and scott this weekend to drop off parts and hang out for a bit if u free this weekend
deadwood

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2011 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-10-2011 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Foxy I pulled those parts from the doors, thank you very much. I also pulled the glass out as I couldn't find my sets of glass in my storage building. One of your windows looks pretty good with very few if any scratches, the other is all scratched to he!!. I'm going to run back over to my storage building and see if I can find those windows. Rob may come over tonight,[if anyone else wants to stop by I'm home all day, pm me for an address, I'll check it periodically] and if so I'll send your glass and all the glass I can find with him. Unfortunately my weekend is all tied up so I won't be around to hang out if you come up here, so have fun without me.

edit to add-- I found my other sets of glass in the building behind my boat and the Model A, Rob will have all of it, take it all, as I have no use for it.

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 06-10-2011).]

Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 12:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet ty im going to go up by rob and scott tommorow after noon droping off a set of 88/87 rims by scott to have him powder coat them for me and maybe make a gibby run for a few parts
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2011 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sweet ty im going to go up by rob and scott tommorow after noon droping off a set of 88/87 rims by scott to have him powder coat them for me and maybe make a gibby run for a few parts

Hey mike ehile your at gibbys grab me a left and right set of the window filler plastic triangle thingy above the mirror in the corner of the window a pillar the black plastic, I screwed mine up ill pay ya whatever ya pay for them. I will be here all day except 3 till about 4 I have a meeting with the lawyer again ugh! but hey maby we can get my car together mostly if we all get on it! I need to paint the rockers yet but thats no biggie ill do that in the morning if this storm passes in time.
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2011 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Foxy, PM sent.

Steve
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2011 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rob thanks for stopping by Friday. Feel free to bring the girls by next time you come out. You still got hop, or should I say you bounce well?[on the trampoline LOL!!]
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SO, i started my 3800 swap. I had to fabricate a new Y-pipe. Here are a few pics of the project so far.

Here are two 2.5in 90deg pieces.

And after a bit of cutting...and some welding

The 2.8 is out...see its on my grage floor...lol

here is my 3800 waiting to get put in...

So what do you think..I know it isnt much but im trying...lol
PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2011 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Doin great Aaron! dont forget to get a forward engine mount off a 95 transport, its the big u shaped one, it will make mounting it a whole lot easier same w all the engine mounts in genral the 3800 mounts off a transport are basicaly identical to the fiero ones I figured it out by chance when I had my transport, the two trani ones are the same as the ones in the fiero, I picked up a set for my van but never put them in and now I have them sittin here waitin for my swap!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 06-20-2011).]

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2011 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool idea. Ill have to check it out. not sure if they have any at local pick a part. But im gonna try.
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep Good idea, I got a front engine mount thanks.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigjake34:

Yep Good idea, I got a front engine mount thanks.

cool post pics!!!!!
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-22-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will just have to get around to it...lol
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This string of totally ratty weather we've had has GOT to be countered.

Has anyone some choptop pics they could post?
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

joshua riedl

1426 posts
Member since Jan 2004

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2011 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This string of totally ratty weather we've had has GOT to be countered.

Has anyone some choptop pics they could post?

Ya no kiddin this weather has made it impossible for me to finish my chop, I should have been done weeks ago grrrrrr
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock