Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! (Page 35)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 07-23-2010 08:47 PM
Replies: 2311 (31166 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 04-18-2017 06:55 PM
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Going to get my 3800sc, harness and PCM tomorrow.

Steve
IP: Logged
joshua riedl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a longitudinal setup on craigslist for a really reasonable price for anyone interested. It's in johnson creek but shows up on madison craigslist.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2011 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Steve

Awesome!!!
Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2011 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:

There is a longitudinal setup on craigslist for a really reasonable price for anyone interested. It's in johnson creek but shows up on madison craigslist.

I think I might get it just to have it lol super cheep!!!!

------------------
1987 Black GT Custom interior with Mr. Mikes seats Series 1 L67 W/ 5 speed getrag! not running yet

wolfwolf

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve

Do you need help with the install, I would really like to see how that goes into a Fiero. Been thinking of one myself.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wolfwolf:

Do you need help with the install, I would really like to see how that goes into a Fiero. Been thinking of one myself.

Would love for the club members to help.

By the way, Did you find a tranny yet?

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
while u were at gibbys today steve did ya grab a front engine mount from a transport?
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

while u were at gibbys today steve did ya grab a front engine mount from a transport?

No. Didn't bring enough tools or had enough time.
I will have to wait till I have more time. I may fab one
Up now that I know what it looks like.

Steve
wolfwolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2011 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got the tranny, now looking for the 37/33 gear set and chain. I do have a lead on one, hope it works out. When ya gonna do the install?
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2011 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Steve, how's your 3800 install going? Enjoy the snow!

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2011 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Hey Steve, how's your 3800 install going? Enjoy the snow!

Chris, I'm pulling the 3.4 tonight. GTXBULLET is the new proud owner. Then the work begins!!

I may even start a build thread.

I am going to reseal the 3800SC before I install it thou.

Anytime you want to come up and help...you are more than welcome.

Steve

PFF
System Bot
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chris, I'm pulling the 3.4 tonight. GTXBULLET is the new proud owner. Then the work begins!!

I may even start a build thread.

I am going to reseal the 3800SC before I install it thou.

Anytime you want to come up and help...you are more than welcome.

Steve

Steve I'm on vacation turkey day week, I may be able to help you then during the day. I'll get back to you if I can work it out
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2011 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Steve I'm on vacation turkey day week, I may be able to help you then during the day. I'll get back to you if I can work it out

I have to work till 4:30 that week. I have Thursday and Friday off thou.

I'll PM you my cell #.

Steve

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2011 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have to work till 4:30 that week. I have Thursday and Friday off thou.

I'll PM you my cell #.

Steve

OOOO OOOO I may drive up for all the fun too!
wolfwolf

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for wolfwolfSend a Private Message to wolfwolfEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, my brother from PHX is in town for hunting from the 16th to dec 1st. Mind if I bring him by to look at your project?

John
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got that engine in yet!!!! hurry up!!!!
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by wolfwolf:

Steve, my brother from PHX is in town for hunting from the 16th to dec 1st. Mind if I bring him by to look at your project?

John

Sure. Just call first. I'll PM you my phone #.

Steve
86fierofun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2011 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ugh what's taking the DMV? They cashed my check a while ago. Maybe the holiday has slowed things....

Rob, I'm thinking I'll be up next weekend to pick up my baby! Hopefully, the wind will be calm and I can help ya with that tree.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2011 01:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Ugh what's taking the DMV? They cashed my check a while ago. Maybe the holiday has slowed things....

Rob, I'm thinking I'll be up next weekend to pick up my baby! Hopefully, the wind will be calm and I can help ya with that tree.

No!!! the wind needs to keep up!! the leaves are almost finally off it!!! next weekend works for me, I dont have the kids
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump for the good guys!!

Hey Chris, haven't heard from you...

Steve
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Steve next week is eff'd for me. The week after Thanksgiving is a possibility, I'll call you tomorrow. I WILL get up there to help you out
PFF
System Bot
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob is coming up Friday night.....

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2011 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUmp!!!!!!!
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2011 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got back home from picking up my 3800sc swap harness
From Phonedawgs. Looks awesome. Can't wait to get it
Installed.

Steve
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2011 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just got back home from picking up my 3800sc swap harness
From Phonedawgs. Looks awesome. Can't wait to get it
Installed.

Steve

If you get done with yours, you'll have to let me know how comfortable you'd be swapping another.

I'd pay you well this time. Oh, and I'd handle transport. Hahaha!!!

I'm torn on the direction to take with my car.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2011 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

If you get done with yours, you'll have to let me know how comfortable you'd be swapping another.

I'd pay you well this time. Oh, and I'd handle transport. Hahaha!!!

I'm torn on the direction to take with my car.

Id invest in another fiero to do a swap in yours is pretty hammerd and rotted, find a good old southren one.

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2011 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Id invest in another fiero to do a swap in yours is pretty hammerd and rotted, find a good old southren one.

Geez Jets, be a little easier on the guy....

Steve
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2011 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ouch!

No!!! This one has personality. Besides, if Tommy's came back to life, then mine should be a piece of cake!

I've crushed one already, I won't crush another.

Besides the only REAL rust is only a portion of one frame rail.

[This message has been edited by TheRealShadowX (edited 11-28-2011).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2011 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ouch!

No!!! This one has personality. Besides, if Tommy's came back to life, then mine should be a piece of cake!

I've crushed one already, I won't crush another.

Besides the only REAL rust is only a portion of one frame rail.

I just dont want to see u stick a bunch of cash into a car that has lots and lots of work to be whole again, right now scott is selling his bare chassi that is all powder coated for a extreamly great price, id buy it from him and transfer all the guts of yours to it and have a perfect car that is beyond solid as a starting point. u will save tons of cash in the long run starting with a solid base.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2011 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just dont want to see u stick a bunch of cash into a car that has lots and lots of work to be whole again, right now scott is selling his bare chassi that is all powder coated for a extreamly great price, id buy it from him and transfer all the guts of yours to it and have a perfect car that is beyond solid as a starting point. u will save tons of cash in the long run starting with a solid base.

I totally getcha, but if I bought Scott's car I'd want to save them both. I just don't have the heart to let go of my car.

Yeah I'm going to spend more money this way, but I'll be way happier in the end. It killed me to give up on my first car and that one was in FAR worse shape. I really love this Fiero and I can't bear to let it go.

I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Most people say "Well it's just a car." I can't agree with that. THIS Fiero is the one that I've spent countless hours driving and fixing. This Fiero is the one that has given me so many happy memories of driving to the middle of nowhere and back. Maybe I'm a little dumb, but that's okay. I'm happy.

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2011 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I totally getcha, but if I bought Scott's car I'd want to save them both. I just don't have the heart to let go of my car.

Yeah I'm going to spend more money this way, but I'll be way happier in the end. It killed me to give up on my first car and that one was in FAR worse shape. I really love this Fiero and I can't bear to let it go.

I hope you get what I'm trying to say. Most people say "Well it's just a car." I can't agree with that. THIS Fiero is the one that I've spent countless hours driving and fixing. This Fiero is the one that has given me so many happy memories of driving to the middle of nowhere and back. Maybe I'm a little dumb, but that's okay. I'm happy.

OK ill teach ya a little lesson I learned long ago about cars, you gota treat them like grandfathers axe, one day the handle may break u replace it its still grandpas axe one day the head snaps u replace it its still grandpas axe get it? Replacing the chassi is the same as replacing the handle of the axe. in reality to fix your car u will be cutting the rear frame rails outa it and replacing them, plus the front end will need about half of it cut away and replaced if u want it cherry again so what are you left with of the original chassi? the cabin thats it, u transfer everything else including doors and save yourself a ton of work in the long run and dont need to worry about the front end being off or having welds every were. I was in your boat years ago with my camaro, it was my first car that I built from scratch but in the 8 years i owned it time took its toll and it was no longer financially smart to keep fixin it and I let it go. I some days regret selling it but it also cleared the way for many other car builds that came to be including eventually being a selling point that landed my current job. Learn from your fiero and turn it into many other fun projects to come!
PFF
System Bot
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2011 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

so what are you left with of the original chassi?

The VIN number? Lol.

I see what you're saying. The biggest point I see you trying to get across to me is that it's not financially smart.

That's a sacrifice I'm (currently) willing to make. If I get to a tougher point in my life I'll have to make a tougher choice. But until then I'm going to keep on fighting for this car.

Please don't hate me...
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some lessons money CAN buy
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...... The biggest point I see you trying to get across to me is that it's not financially smart.

The biggest point that I see them making is that you are expecting them to repair a car that isn't worth repairing. With a new chassis available and in excellent condition you don't need to have these guys do all of that work. Unless you are doing all of the fabrication and welding yourself you are asking for way too much and taking advantage of them. Listen to Rob....and learn. Good advice is priceless.

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:
you are asking for way too much and taking advantage of them. Listen to Rob....and learn. Good advice is priceless.

I'm sorry, what?

I didn't realize PAYING someone to do work was taking advantage of anybody. If they don't want to, then cool! That's their choice. I didn't ask them to volunteer their time to me for free. Go back and reread please. I feel like you missed that.

Otherwise please word things a little more carefully. I don't like being told that I'm trying to take advantage of people who I consider to be friends.

Jeez, this conversation is headed nowhere good.

[This message has been edited by TheRealShadowX (edited 11-29-2011).]

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve, how's the project going? I'll give you a call tonight. Rob is Tommy's car out of your driveway yet? Anything new going on? I'll call you as well.

I have an idea for some project days where we can work with each other on our car projects. The key being that they will be project DAYS, not weeks, months or longer. I have no problem helping anyone with their projects, I just don't want to tie up mine or anyone's time or space for extended time periods.

More on this later.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm sorry, what?

I didn't realize PAYING someone to do work was taking advantage of anybody. If they don't want to, then cool! That's their choice. I didn't ask them to volunteer their time to me for free. Go back and reread please. I feel like you missed that.

Otherwise please word things a little more carefully. I don't like being told that I'm trying to take advantage of people who I consider to be friends.

Jeez, this conversation is headed nowhere good.

I dont mind helpin ya out if thats what ya want to do in the end but I am just making the point of safty vs cost, RIght now ya have a golden chance to have a car in all reality in better shape than my chop even, Scotts chassi is loaded with poly parts and powder coated suspension parts and coated cradle and the front guts including the big center chunk. Over all ud be starting with not only a fresh chassi but a killer suspension setup with upgrades plenty. U like driving your car alot why not make it drive like a dream!

Tommys car was a exception to the rule, we had the parts layin around collecting dust and his car was in tons better shape than it may have seemed, allot of the stuff we did didnt really need to be done we just did it outa wanting to play with it but overall structurally except the upper frame rails his car was very solid.

If you go buy the parts to fix your front and rear right now outa the yard u will pay close to 500 bucks for them to cut them off for ya and thats prob a bit low based on they ask for over a hundred bucks for a half decent cradle alone. welding wire is 30 bucks a roll for that big of a project figure on 4 to 6 rolls and at least 3 tanks of co2 wich is around 20 a bottle fill. then ya gota figure in the alighnment if it even can be and a trip to a frame rack to verify its still square, u will pay 198 bucks an hour for a frame shop to pull it square if it isnt. there are so many hidden cost to fixin a car that people dont understand when they do it. cars that look great in the yards are totaled for these very reasons, its not the parts that total them some times, but rather the cost of labor and shop time look at the remains of the corvette in my backyard it is the prime example that car if u saw it when i got it home ud swear it was a perfect car to build but after cost and labor figuring the car was a loss so it got parted out and was a loss of 2 grand.

If I were in my shop and u brought that car to me id see nothing but dollar signs, figure a charge of at least 60 hours to do that much work and paint at the typical shop rate of 198 bucks an hour so 12 grand later ud be back to a frankinstien fiero. I think 12 grand would build you a hell of a choptop w a 3800 and nice wheels and interior. My chop costed with buying the car for 300 bucks costed me under 5 grand to do so far and with the future engine swap and widebody will still be under 10 with paint. just think of the the cost before you go threw with it even if you lucked out and found a small shop to do the work for say 50 bucks an hour ud pay 3 grand to fix it right. just take some time and think about the cost and then decide. 3 grand buys one hell of a nice fiero.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2011 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

Steve, how's the project going? I'll give you a call tonight. Rob is Tommy's car out of your driveway yet? Anything new going on? I'll call you as well.

I have an idea for some project days where we can work with each other on our car projects. The key being that they will be project DAYS, not weeks, months or longer. I have no problem helping anyone with their projects, I just don't want to tie up mine or anyone's time or space for extended time periods.

More on this later.

Yup Tommy drove his car away and is lovin it!, he made it all the way home and reports it drove like a dream!

SO what do ya got in mind for a project for us all? I will have plenty of space again this spring after the snow melts and I wont have a big damn orange dumpster taking up my driveway for 3 months!! I really want to finish the chop up this spring, I have decided for sure it will be sold after it is done along with my black corvette to make way for a replica lamborghini I want to build ill need lots of help when that time comes!!!

Tommys car was a good warm up for us all I got a feel for your guy's building and I think together we can knock out a lambo in a few months no prob!

hey chris I had to edit this I just had a idea how to do that thing u were talkin about on the phone we need a sheet of pink foam insulation and some of the spray stuf u were gona get and some plaster premixed in a bucket.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 11-29-2011).]

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TheRealShadowX, I can understand how a car can have sentimental value for someone. It probably helps explain why I keep my cars for a l-o-n-g time. My '86 Fiero GT, for example, is a car I've owned since it was new.

However, two posts above mine, I think jetsnvettes2000 made some very good, overriding points in regard to...

• The difficulty and cost of eliminating all the problems of your Fiero's present chassis.
  • The ready availability of an alternate chassis (Scott's) which is a fresh one with many upgrades.
Why not, at a minimum, use the fresh chassis as a substitute for the damaged chassis?

If your initial response to that suggestion is no, you can't do that because even the existing chassis has sentimental value for you, I urge you to reconsider that line of reasoning, especially if you intend to meld into that chassis (which according to jets needs 4 to 6 rolls of welding wire) the engine mentioned below:

I want to end up (eventually) around the 400 HP mark.
Source: From the first post of a thread by TheRealShadowX, "Turbos make my head hurt... I have questions."

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

TheRealShadowX, I can understand how a car can have sentimental value for someone. It probably helps explain why I keep my cars for a l-o-n-g time. My '86 Fiero GT, for example, is a car I've owned since it was new.

However, two posts above mine, I think jetsnvettes2000 made some very good, overriding points in regard to...

• The difficulty and cost of eliminating all the problems of your Fiero's present chassis.
  • The ready availability of an alternate chassis (Scott's) which is a fresh one with many upgrades.
Why not, at a minimum, use the fresh chassis as a substitute for the damaged chassis?

If your initial response to that suggestion is no, you can't do that because even the existing chassis has sentimental value for you, I urge you to reconsider that line of reasoning, especially if you intend to meld into that chassis (which according to jets needs 4 to 6 rolls of welding wire) the engine mentioned below:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:
I want to end up (eventually) around the 400 HP mark.
Source: From the first post of a thread by TheRealShadowX, "Turbos make my head hurt... I have questions."
[/QUOTE]

The only real damage to my current car is one upper frame rail needs to be patched, and honestly it isn't that big of a chunk gone. There's pics in a thread on here but the pics look far worse than they are. Having seen the frame in person I feel just fine about it. Really it WAS just that one spot. I was going to replace the cradle with a flawless one just because. The trunk corners and battery tray should be patched too but that's no biggie. Theeeen there was the accident. That effed up the front driver's corner.

That pic was BEFORE Rob, Tommy and I straightened it out quite a bit. We actually improved it quite a bit, but I wanted to get perfect anyway. All the body panels are back on, again thanks to friends. Rob, Steve (GTXBullet) and Tommy all contributed to that.

The reason I won't replace my car is because there is no reason to. It's fine. In the spring it's getting torn down to be restored and I'll take plenty of pics. In the meantime it's going to continue being daily'd.

Any future work on my car with club members will be well paid for as I'm doing better in life now and I want nothing more than to give back to this amazing group of people. It'd be the least I could do to try and show my gratitude. Also, I REALLY want to start getting involved with the club more as far as projects. Soon gas money for such a drive won't be a problem.

[This message has been edited by TheRealShadowX (edited 11-30-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock