Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! (Page 30)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 07-23-2010 08:47 PM
Replies: 2311 (31162 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 04-18-2017 06:55 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Godzilla:
its on hwy50 and I-94 about 5 miles north of the WI-IL border. its a good idea, its easy to find and theres a lot of things to do around there.

Cool I might be able to make it that far, I need to fix a few things first, the braket on the drivers side of the muffler broke off the springs hold on and the car shakes at 80 mph but the biggest worry is the lifter noise on the firewall side, I can hear it tappin away at higher rpms and the engine is having lagging issues like its starving for fuel or ignition when u first step on it. I havent really looked into the engine issues too close due to waiting for the eventual engine swap anyway but I prob should patch it together for the time being.
IP: Logged
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Well guys, I've given up on my car. I'm gonna try to sell it whole. If it doesn't by next weekend, I'll take what I can of worth off and send it to the scrapper. So if you need something, let me know. 86 2m4, toasted trans

Are you still looking at the chassis Steve called me about transporting?

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Firefox

4307 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Sorry, I will be up north.

You *ARE* up north!

Godzilla

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodzillaSend a Private Message to GodzillaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
any one happen to have extra doors with crank windows? i figure now as good a time as any to ditch the power windows cuz i gotta replace em anyway.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

You *ARE* up north!

ya I second that !

U have a chassi to get rid of? is it the one u described before? maby I should snag it up and show the guys how to chop a car as as club project?.
FieroScott

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2011 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroScottSend a Private Message to FieroScottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Sweet, did u have the new one out on 441 last week? I thought I saw u on the way home."

No, it hasn't left the garage. I'v been cleaning it, but it needs a tune-up and the engine de-greased so it will stop smoking. It may have an oil leak but nothing is dripping on the floor. I also need to check the suspensio and brakes to make sure it is safe to drive. It's been stored for most of the last 20 years.
I have a few other projects to finish up before I tear into this one to far.

Jetts, if you havn't sold the 88 5-speed shift plate, I may be interested.

------------------
88 Red GT 5sp T-Top CJB #1139
88 Yellow Formula 5sp
87 Black GT 5sp
87 Med. Red SE Auto T-Top
86 Black GT 4sp T-Top (Black Knight)
84 IRM (Prototype) Turbo Fastback T-Top

Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Calumet and 441

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

any one happen to have extra doors with crank windows? i figure now as good a time as any to ditch the power windows cuz i gotta replace em anyway.

I've got a pair of doors with power windows if you want them.....

Firefox

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Firefox

4307 posts
Member since Feb 2003

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

ya I second that !

U have a chassi to get rid of? is it the one u described before? maby I should snag it up and show the guys how to chop a car as as club project?.

Not the one I had. I sold that one a while ago. The chassis I was referring to was one that Tom was looking at buying for parts for his car. It's up there somewhere and I offered to trailer it home for him.

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jets, I believe the chassis is the one in Pulaski. The car the guy cut up the front end to put the body kit on.

Steve

[This message has been edited by 86soon3.4 (edited 08-01-2011).]

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86soon3.4

1537 posts
Member since Dec 2005

You *ARE* up north!

I will be FARTHER up north.

Steve

PFF
System Bot
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you still looking at the chassis Steve called me about transporting?

No. When I put it down on paper, it is not feasible for me to go that route. I will give you a call this weekend so I can pay you for the last tow. The money's in my wallet waiting for ya
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86fierofun

3650 posts
Member since Aug 2004

How is the front tie rods and rear tie rods and the steering damper? I could use those parts if u decide to part it out, too bad its so far away id part it out for ya. Will u still be involved with the club? in the future as u are the site owner of our club site?

Ha! I haven't had a working fiero yet while in the club! I will still be involved. I'm not out of fieros, just out of this one. I have a large stock pile of parts that I'm not getting rid of as I fully intend on getting another one. It just breaks my heart to let this one go. But, that is life.

And the front end is completely new essentially. I replaced the steering rack a couple of years ago and with that new tie rod ends. New upper and lower ball joints, new control arm bushings, and very recently shocks. I have probably put 500-600 into this car in the last year. And it didn't run long before something else failed. It was something like $180 for a new distributor, $25 for an ECM, $90 for a cat that i didn't install, $70 for rodneys slave cylinder, $20ish for the adjustable banjo from rodney, close to another $20 in clutch pedal bushings and pivot pin from rodney, 150-200 for shocks and struts all around, plus 100 on an alignment (of which they did NOTHING ) and another $200 in clutch and engine parts to fix it this time. Now I need a new trans to get it back on the road plus it needs to be re-registered, and insured. I'm thinking it's going to be another 2-300 to get it back on the road in just materials, let alone all the work I have to do to install the parts. And it's sitting in my buddies driveway torn apart. I'm just out of time, space, and money. I am trying to see if I can score a really cheap trans from one of the local yards by me, but i'm not very optimistic.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ha! I haven't had a working fiero yet while in the club! I will still be involved. I'm not out of fieros, just out of this one. I have a large stock pile of parts that I'm not getting rid of as I fully intend on getting another one. It just breaks my heart to let this one go. But, that is life.

And the front end is completely new essentially. I replaced the steering rack a couple of years ago and with that new tie rod ends. New upper and lower ball joints, new control arm bushings, and very recently shocks. I have probably put 500-600 into this car in the last year. And it didn't run long before something else failed. It was something like $180 for a new distributor, $25 for an ECM, $90 for a cat that i didn't install, $70 for rodneys slave cylinder, $20ish for the adjustable banjo from rodney, close to another $20 in clutch pedal bushings and pivot pin from rodney, 150-200 for shocks and struts all around, plus 100 on an alignment (of which they did NOTHING ) and another $200 in clutch and engine parts to fix it this time. Now I need a new trans to get it back on the road plus it needs to be re-registered, and insured. I'm thinking it's going to be another 2-300 to get it back on the road in just materials, let alone all the work I have to do to install the parts. And it's sitting in my buddies driveway torn apart. I'm just out of time, space, and money. I am trying to see if I can score a really cheap trans from one of the local yards by me, but i'm not very optimistic.

U get it here ill fix it for ya free just grab a trani someplace, no one should have to give up a car they cherrish, I did about 13 years ago with my first car my green camaro and ive regreted it ever since.

Gibsons has the trani u need, I would bet they would sell one dirt cheap since they have tons of them in the fieros

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-01-2011).]

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-01-2011 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have a good 2.8 here taking up space. Too I'd be happy to send it up there if you need.

OH and i almost forgot. My 383 is in and i had it on the road last time i was up there. Just a test drive. Buddy is tuning it and my wife is comming up to get it this weekend. If anyone wants to see it let me know...I'm sure she will be happy to bring it out. Just be warned it isnt painted and the interior is ugly. That stuf is going to be fixed once i get it down here....and YES i know pics will follow...lol

[This message has been edited by Bigjake34 (edited 08-01-2011).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigjake34:

I have a good 2.8 here taking up space. Too I'd be happy to send it up there if you need.

OH and i almost forgot. My 383 is in and i had it on the road last time i was up there. Just a test drive. Buddy is tuning it and my wife is comming up to get it this weekend. If anyone wants to see it let me know...I'm sure she will be happy to bring it out. Just be warned it isnt painted and the interior is ugly. That stuf is going to be fixed once i get it down here....and YES i know pics will follow...lol

hmmmm the way my motor is going I just might need that 2.8 lol! I hope I just need to tighten a rocker a tad ugh!
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Rob I'm going to be thrashing on my car for the next couple weeks. If I can get it up to you can you help me with the glasswork on everything but the doors[smoothing it out and doing it properly getting ready for paint]? I have to get the headlights/nose done before I can drive it up there. I'll pm you or call you later
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 02:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My motor is great, and I like the duke, but the trans is shot. And that's the issue Unless I can find one at around 75 dollars, I don't think there's much I can do. Maybe I'll take a trip to every mall with a fountain in the area and bring some scuba gear
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

hey Rob I'm going to be thrashing on my car for the next couple weeks. If I can get it up to you can you help me with the glasswork on everything but the doors[smoothing it out and doing it properly getting ready for paint]? I have to get the headlights/nose done before I can drive it up there. I'll pm you or call you later

Yup bring it up I have room finally!

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009

My motor is great, and I like the duke, but the trans is shot. And that's the issue Unless I can find one at around 75 dollars, I don't think there's much I can do. Maybe I'll take a trip to every mall with a fountain in the area and bring some scuba gear

Tommy take a pic of the bellhousing were it broke, I was talking to the welder at work today and we may be able to weld it with dura rods that I bought for cast aluminum. I need to see how bad its broke.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

JB-WELD, That s#@t works!!!

Steve
PFF
System Bot
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tommy take a pic of the bellhousing were it broke, I was talking to the welder at work today and we may be able to weld it with dura rods that I bought for cast aluminum. I need to see how bad its broke.

I tired that. My torch melted the piece of bell housing that broke off. I was surprised. I didn't think my torch got that hot. So... I kind of screwed that option up. I was under the impression MAP gas burns at 1000 F while aluminum melts at 1500 F. Maybe it's not aluminum? I don't know.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 09:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I tired that. My torch melted the piece of bell housing that broke off. I was surprised. I didn't think my torch got that hot. So... I kind of screwed that option up. I was under the impression MAP gas burns at 1000 F while aluminum melts at 1500 F. Maybe it's not aluminum? I don't know.

Oh now thats totally friggin funny! seriously tho I think if the guts are good maby we can find a core case at gibbys and transfer the guts.

With cast aluminum u have to tig it to do it right the shielding gas concentrates the heat only were its needed

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 08-02-2011).]

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2011 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was relatively funny. I kept "testing" the temperature by touching the stick of aluminum brazing (durafix, alumaloy, whatever brand name you want to call it) rod and then the collar just started to collapse. So whatever the melting point was, it was less than the 730 that the rod is supposed to melt at.
Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2011 07:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok im so lost on everything i should probly get on the fourm more i will not be making it on the 6th my family reunion is in town and ill probly have to go to that....
Godzilla

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 02:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodzillaSend a Private Message to GodzillaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jw, anyone here done a 4T60 swap?
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 07:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jw, anyone here done a 4T60 swap?

Yup.

Pretty easy.

Steve
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was at Gibsons today when they brought in an "83" duke 4 speed in purple.
ParaStatic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ParaStaticSend a Private Message to ParaStaticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish I lived near Gibbys, you guys would see me there all the time, lmao!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2011 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

I was at Gibsons today when they brought in an "83" duke 4 speed in purple.

Ahhh so it finally met its maker at gibbys, this car was for sale in oshkosh forever! I think its the one Ramspride was going to buy at one time but the thing was a total turd.
Godzilla

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 03:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodzillaSend a Private Message to GodzillaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Yup.

Pretty easy.

Steve

cool. im thinking of that for next year
PFF
System Bot
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Apparently, MAPP burns at 3,670 F. So..... I should not use that in the future with those sticks
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ahhh so it finally met its maker at gibbys, this car was for sale in oshkosh forever! I think its the one Ramspride was going to buy at one time but the thing was a total turd.

When I saw it flying across the sky on the front end loader forks I thought - Yeah - new meat. But then when I looked at it there wasn't much I wanted. They moved the Fieros again, now in the last row, by the new building - closest to the crusher.
Godzilla

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GodzillaSend a Private Message to GodzillaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lets see some pics from teh show today?

in other news i think im gonna order LEDs for the fiero this weekend

------------------

lrn2internet

'86 SE v6
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ok here ya go!

Godzilla

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodzillaSend a Private Message to GodzillaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool! i wish i coulda made it up for that.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys! ive started "the project" its a big one but shoulnt be too bad!
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Best of luck to ya!
phonedawgz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So any hit to what the project is?
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:
So any hit to what the project is?

I don't know what project he's referring to either, so I have the same question as you.

However, since he stated the project is a "big one," I'm guessing he plans to turn his otherwise excellent-looking choptop Fiero into one of those bouncy bouncy lowriders he'd posted so-o-o-o many pictures of earlier on this page.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock