Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! (Page 53)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 07-23-2010 08:47 PM
Replies: 2311 (31163 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 04-18-2017 06:55 PM
Bigjake34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2013 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool I'll have to check it out. The car is in Oshkosh at my mom's. I'll be home in June so It may have to wait til then.
OH and I Own page 53

[This message has been edited by Bigjake34 (edited 04-10-2013).]

IP: Logged
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero Moving Day Saturday. Who's In?

Steve
Ronnyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnyboySend a Private Message to RonnyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would love to come, but I work till 4 :/
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ill be there Sat, oh wait its my car doh! Yes tho we could use some help its a mess and buried in muck!!
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, have any of you guys seen the spring season lying around? I seem to have lost it. IT'S TOO FREAKIN COLD!
bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Hey, have any of you guys seen the spring season lying around? I seem to have lost it. IT'S TOO FREAKIN COLD!

I think we all lost it lol we were spoiled last year with an early spring and now old man winter just won’t let go
farming for fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for farming for fierosSend a Private Message to farming for fierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey jetsnvettes how hard is it to complete a choptop i have everything apart on my car and thought it would be a good time to toss the idea around.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by farming for fieros:

hey jetsnvettes how hard is it to complete a choptop i have everything apart on my car and thought it would be a good time to toss the idea around.

Well, it is not too bad, I would recommend having the windows before you cut tho so you can use then as a template. Plus Archie sends a back window template with the back window if you buy it from him. I have the back window template if you want to buy the back glass locally. Other than that doing the chop gets pretty involved but is not too bad if you have some welding skills and basic body working skills.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope the weather is good for Saturday's ALL PONTIAC show in Kaukauna at Riverside Park.

Hey Jets', you get the chop's electrical demon figured out?

Steve
farming for fieros

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for farming for fierosSend a Private Message to farming for fierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
jets pm sent
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Steve I have an 88 a/c condenser coil if you want it

------------------
1988 CHOPTOP V8
my build thread //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/075707-3.html

Local club http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/
Facebook club page http://www.facebook.com/gro...?gid=141412865904993
N.I.F.E. member #461 Chris M http://www.fierofocus.com/

PFF
System Bot
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Hey Steve I have an 88 a/c condenser coil if you want it

I Have One..i Am Waiting For A Mirror Thou...

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

I hope the weather is good for Saturday's ALL PONTIAC show in Kaukauna at Riverside Park.

Hey Jets', you get the chop's electrical demon figured out?

Steve

Hell NO!! damn Demons....... A kit car is looking more and more good in my eyes and selling the chop to start a lambo kit like I have always wanted to do.

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 04:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Electrical problems may be the most difficult to solve, so you have my sympathies.

Out of curiosity, what are the symptoms of the electrical problems you're having with your choptop Fiero?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2013 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

Electrical problems may be the most difficult to solve, so you have my sympathies.

Out of curiosity, what are the symptoms of the electrical problems you're having with your choptop Fiero?

Well after replacing a ton of parts last year including new fuel pump dizzy and coil it randomly does not want to start. It is totally odd, one moment it has spark and the next its like the module went to hell. Last weekend we were in Green Bay for the car show at the tech, the car was out in the lot all day and ran fine getting there but I did notice after getting to Wallmart the fuel gauge was pegged and not working. I went across the street and was able to put 6 gallons in it confirming it was not working. Ok no prob typical Fiero prob and got in it mind you this would be the 4th start of the day with no prob. We got to the show and I parked it in my spot and left it for the day. $ comes and time to go and cranking and no go. We pull the cap and rotor and do a few quick test and no spark. So I went down to the tech and asked to borrow a few tools since we were at the auto tech school, By the time I got back we decided to try it one more time and nope no fire so we rolled it down the hill to the school and for shits and giggles I decided to try one more time before and it started WTF&^%$# this is the same damn problem we tried to fix last summer with I guess no fix.. I just got done switching the ignition switch and freshened up all the grounds I could get to, I hope this helps but the fuel gauge is still not working. I suspect the problem is still not fixed but till it does it again I will not know and I have a feeling it is when I will be a long way from home. In short I am afraid to even drive the damn thing now.

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2013 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looky what I got! Steve scored one too!
bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Looky what I got! Steve scored one too!

nice congratulations
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 11:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well after replacing a ton of parts last year including new fuel pump dizzy and coil it randomly does not want to start. It is totally odd, one moment it has spark and the next its like the module went to hell. gauge is still not working.

I wonder if the ignition control module (ICM) in your Fiero has "went to hell", as you've alluded to. That, like the faulty fuel gauge readings you're seeing, as you know, is not an uncommon problem with Fieros.

Just before its ignition control module was replaced, my `86 V6 engine simply would quit, but not on a short trip where the engine never really got warm. It died after being on the road for awhile --- somewhere, if I recall correctly, on Highway 41 between Oshkosh and Fond du Lac --- that had a bunch of windmills very nearby the roadway and basically nothing else. For that reason, I understand your trepidation about driving your Fiero even moderately long distances at present:

...after replacing a ton of parts last year....I suspect the problem is still not fixed but till it does it again I will not know and I have a feeling it is when I will be a long way from home.

In my case, when my Fiero engine's ICM began to fail, it didn't sputter, stumble, or exhibit any drama like that. Instead, it just quit running, almost as "cleanly" and with as little fanfare as a light bulb connected to a light switch that simply had been turned off by someone.

My V6 would restart, but only after waiting for it to cool down. Eventually though, it never started again, until after its ICM was replaced.
On a lighter note, congratulations to you and Steve on the car show plaques you received on May 11.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-14-2013 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

In my case, when my Fiero engine's ICM began to fail, it didn't sputter, stumble, or exhibit any drama like that. Instead, it just quit running, almost as "cleanly" and with as little fanfare as a light bulb connected to a light switch that simply had been turned off by someone.

My V6 would restart, but only after waiting for it to cool down. Eventually though, it never started again, until after its ICM was replaced.
On a lighter note, congratulations to you and Steve on the car show plaques you received on May 11.

I have wondered if it is the ECM, last summer when I was going to two rivers it just stopped running while driving 65 I got to the side of the road and it started hard after a few tries and ran horrible for about a mile till I got to a gas station. I shut it down for about 5 minutes wiggled the wires in the engine bay a bit and back to normal? odd to say the least. it ran fine all the way home after that.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-17-2013 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
SO, went to another car show today and..................Won again!

This thing is heavy!!!
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 02:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Question????
Before we parked my 86 (due to the fuel issue) the transmission would not do reverse. It would go into reverse but it would not move. All other gears seemed to work fine. There was no pop, smoke or smell it just stopped backing up. Checked the fluid, it was not burned. the stick i got for it I couldn't really tell if its low. The question is, if its not just low on fluid what other vacuum operated front wheel drive transmissions will work. It currently has a th440 out of a caddy. Id like to stay away from a electronic shift due to the expense. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jake
PFF
System Bot
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK Update, I guess if the trans isn't something simple, I may go with a 4t-60e and a shift computer. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jake
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigjake34:

OK Update, I guess if the trans isn't something simple, I may go with a 4t-60e and a shift computer. Any thoughts?

Thanks
Jake

Hmmmm that is a really good question for Steve, he has that non computer controlled trani in his car rigged up to work with his 3800 I bet he could figure out a better trani that has no need for a shift computer.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Who Hoo! got another one today! this one was so tall I had trouble getting it into the chop lol!
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2013 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve is running the 4T60 (non-E)

Hmmmm that is a really good question for Steve, he has that non computer controlled trani in his car rigged up to work with his 3800 I bet he could figure out a better trani that has no need for a shift computer.

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2013 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
COOL THANKS !!!!
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!!!!....keeping Fox Valley Fieros where it should be...on the front page.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2013 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump!!!!....keeping Fox Valley Fieros where it should be...on the front page.

Oh I have a good feeling we will be blowing this site up in a bit helping out some great guys in need! the whole club is going to have to jump in on this one and help out for sure!
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
COOL!!! Just let me know what I can do.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I may have another 3800sc swap on the horizon!!!

My mother-in-law's future husband has a 76' Jeep CJ7 and wants to swap in a newer V-6....

Of course I suggested the 3800SC.

I may need some wiring help....Phonedawgs

It has a 400 gm turbo hydramatic with quadratrac he wants to keep so I will have to find an adapter.

We will see how this will all turn out as the Jeep is in Missouri and I am in Wisconsin.

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-28-2013 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I may have another 3800sc swap on the horizon!!!

My mother-in-law's future husband has a 76' Jeep CJ7 and wants to swap in a newer V-6....

Of course I suggested the 3800SC.

I may need some wiring help....Phonedawgs

It has a 400 gm turbo hydramatic with quadratrac he wants to keep so I will have to find an adapter.

We will see how this will all turn out as the Jeep is in Missouri and I am in Wisconsin.

Steve

NO NO NO! do it right and find a AMC 390 and big block that thang! too cool to ruin with a non amc engine!
PFF
System Bot
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-30-2013 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If your mother-in-law's future husband has a 76' Jeep CJ7 (76' IS the abbreviation for "76-foot-long", is it not?) , he's likely far more problems than easily can be remedied simply by swapping in a newer V-6.

Accordingly, if all of you go out to dinner sometime, I suggest you yourself take your Fiero.

Besides, I'd think the parking meter fees required during your dinners to keep legally parked a 76-foot-long Jeep CJ7 would be enormous.

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello,
We have another person who wants to enter the select group of Fiero Owners. My son is looking for a Fiero. Needs to be reliable(ish). Anyone know of any around? He don't have a crap ton of loot to spend, but i thought Id ask anyway. 1000 or less id suppose. Not sure he just wants one...awww in all of his 22 years of life the one thing he got from me is the Fiero Gene.

Jake
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In what area of the country are you looking? You'll be able to get a more solid [less rusty] car down south much easier than up here in the great white [salted roads] north
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
He lives with wife and I in Livingston, TN. I look there often but there are not many to be had. It is no biggie, Just thought I'd ask. Thanks

Jake
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So no luck on the Fiero for my son. It was spur on the moment. I'll keep looking. On the V8 Front...While i was home this weekend I did get my 86 started and ran it for about 5 mins...lol then it ran out of gas. Apperently no one serviced it since i left. so no gas, no gas protection all winter...wheeeee!!! it didnt seem to have any ill effects tho. my tach isnt working i think a wire came off distributor, Checked Trans fluid cold...( i know supposed to be hot ) I think its real low. it was barely 1/2 inch up the stick with all fluid in the pan. So I'm hoping it is just low on fluid and thats why i lost reverse. So i decided in a few weeks im going to come back up and drop the gas tank and re do the entire fuel line system from pick up to carb. hope it will solve the stall issue on hard acceleration. if not ill adjust the floats.

Jake
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So no luck on the Fiero for my son. It was spur on the moment. I'll keep looking. On the V8 Front...While i was home this weekend I did get my 86 started and ran it for about 5 mins...lol then it ran out of gas. Apperently no one serviced it since i left. so no gas, no gas protection all winter...wheeeee!!! it didnt seem to have any ill effects tho. my tach isnt working i think a wire came off distributor, Checked Trans fluid cold...( i know supposed to be hot ) I think its real low. it was barely 1/2 inch up the stick with all fluid in the pan. So I'm hoping it is just low on fluid and thats why i lost reverse. So i decided in a few weeks im going to come back up and drop the gas tank and re do the entire fuel line system from pick up to carb. hope it will solve the stall issue on hard acceleration. if not ill adjust the floats.

Jake

We could always take a peak at it for ya too while your gone, I bet steve would love to tinker with that car lol
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be awesome, if anyone interested in tinkering just message me and ill give address and information. Dad has it on jack stands, lol but she is sinking in the yard from the rain (he put it in a low spot) I sure would appreciate the help.
Banshee

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BansheeClick Here to visit Banshee's HomePageSend a Private Message to BansheeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where do I sign up!

[This message has been edited by Banshee (edited 06-04-2013).]

FieroScott

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroScottSend a Private Message to FieroScottEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice lookin' car.

------------------
88 Red GT 5sp T-Top CJB #1139
88 Yellow Formula 5sp
87 Black GT 5sp
87 Med. Red SE Auto T-Top
86 Black GT 4sp T-Top (Black Knight)
84 IRM (Prototype) Turbo Fastback T-Top
Dr Pepper Go Kart

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock