Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! (Page 36)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 07-23-2010 08:47 PM
Replies: 2311 (31164 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 04-18-2017 06:55 PM
TheRealShadowX

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2011 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's a few pics of the car I love so much. These were taken a few days after I brought it home.

It kills me to look at the front now. All primered up...
IP: Logged
Godzilla

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GodzillaSend a Private Message to GodzillaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man its been 2 months since i drove mine. kinda wish i could take it for a cruze today

------------------

lrn2internet

'86 SE v6
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:
Here's a few pics of the car I love so much. These were taken a few days after I brought it home.

It kills me to look at the front now. All primered up...

I feel your pain, TheRealShadowX, but then again, I'm partial to two-seater cars that are bright red.

Separately, given how very differently jetsnvettes2000 and you describe the condition of your Fiero, one might think you two were describing two different Fieros:

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:
...welding wire...figure on 4 to 6 rolls....then ya gota figure in the alighnment if it even can be....

...one upper frame rail needs to be patched, and honestly it isn't that big of a chunk gone....the pics look far worse than they are. Having seen the frame in person I feel just fine about it....

Hopefully, it's me who is overlooking something about these very disparate statements concerning the condition of your Fiero, and it's not you or jetsnvettes2000.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2011 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alan I was involved with swapping his engine at Steves house, the pic of me standing in a engine bay is Devins car and at that time I looked over the rear frame really well, I also pushed out the crash damage on the front of it as well with my porta power, it was hit very hard and needs to be set on a frame rack at a minimal to be right again I could not fit the ram in the left bucket area to push it back totally.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 05:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Come spring I will be pulling off body panels to fully inspect the frame. I will snap plenty of pics.

Again, I'm not arguing per say, but we do seem to have wildly different opinions on the shape of the car.

Here's a thread I started a while back on this very subject. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/085074.html There seems to be several people that agree that the car is saveable.

Once more. We'll all just have to wait and see.
Steve!!! How's the 3800 coming along?
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2011 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

...we do seem to have wildly different opinions on the shape of the car.

I thought so too, but was concerned that I might have inadvertently misinterpreted either your comments about the condition of your Fiero, or those of jetsnvettes2000. I see now that I hadn't, and thank you both for confirming that, because in my opinion, sharing information and expressing similar or differing opinions without malice is what a good forum or a good Fiero club is all about.

brownc00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2011 12:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for brownc00Send a Private Message to brownc00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey all. Any word on an upcoming WI area Fiero get togethers? Would like to meet some of the local group, have a few beers and talk Fieros. Lmk!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2011 12:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by brownc00:

Hey all. Any word on an upcoming WI area Fiero get togethers? Would like to meet some of the local group, have a few beers and talk Fieros. Lmk!

Hello~~ Send me a pm with your adress and ill send a club sticker your way! I dont think we have anything planed for the next few months but I think if your craving fiero work right now down by you steve "gtxbullet" is tearing apart a few fieros at his place and doing a heart transplant on one of them in pewaukee. He just sent me some pics and looks good so far!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 12-10-2011).]

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2011 12:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by brownc00:

You could drive up here and help with my 3800sc swap....

Steve
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I really want to finish the chop up this spring....

Because you live so nearby me, your comment reminded me to ask you if someday when the timing is convenient for you, I could stop by your place for a few minutes ro conduct a simple experiment of sorts. I'd like to determine how difficult or easy it is for me to get in and out of an "Archie-style" choptop Fiero (bodywork I 'm tentatively planning on having done to my Fiero sometime in the next year or two).

I already have the Archie glass side windows instead of the Plexiglas he once used standardly with his choptop Fieros, so I'm running out of good excuses not to get my Fiero chopped by him (especially since my dislike of using Plexiglas for windows was a major one).

Because you can get in and out of your Fiero, I'm sure I could as well. However, my focus would be more on assessing the difficulty I might experience getting in and out of a choptop Fiero. That way, I could judge in advance from your choptop Fiero whether or not an Archie choptop for mine would make getting in and out of my Fiero too much of a PITA for me.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

Because you live so nearby me, your comment reminded me to ask you if someday when the timing is convenient for you, I could stop by your place for a few minutes ro conduct a simple experiment of sorts. I'd like to determine how difficult or easy it is for me to get in and out of an "Archie-style" choptop Fiero (bodywork I 'm tentatively planning on having done to my Fiero sometime in the next year or two).

I already have the Archie glass side windows instead of the Plexiglas he once used standardly with his choptop Fieros, so I'm running out of good excuses not to get my Fiero chopped by him (especially since my dislike of using Plexiglas for windows was a major one).

Because you can get in and out of your Fiero, I'm sure I could as well. However, my focus would be more on assessing the difficulty I might experience getting in and out of a choptop Fiero. That way, I could judge in advance from your choptop Fiero whether or not an Archie choptop for mine would make getting in and out of my Fiero too much of a PITA for me.

When ever you would like! its just sitin in the garage just gimi a call! ill pm ya my number I am free till 7 today if ya would like to take it for a spin its nice out! Archie didnt chop mine I did using the kit, if u want to tackle it yourself and save a ton of cash id help you do yours I still have the jigs needed to do it. I also dont have plexi windows mine are glass.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 12-11-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Hey, just drove by your house to check out the ice at waverly and didnt see your fiero out, could not remember your adress so was takin a pot shot to see if i could spot ya w garage door open! dang ice is gona be bad this year, the shoves are in the wrong spot!! so much for havin a nice big flat chunk in front of waverly to goof off on
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well tomorrow I am going to install the wire harness made by Phonedawgs.
Then I will be installing the engine, tranny and cradle. Then proceed to hook
everything up. This car may run this week. I still need to finish the exhaust.

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool! get to work!!!
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2011 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OoOOO! The Steve's are competing for the first to complete the engine swap! I spent this Saturday over at southern Steve's and we got the 2.5 out of his car and the 3.4 mostly on the cradle. Which Steve will be the first to have their new engine?! The race is on!

On a side note, I drove the fiero all this weekend! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!!!!! It's been just a blast! I love this thing!

Also, a big THANK YOU to Devin, for gifting me a GT spoiler! It's totally going on instead of the luggage rack!

I have just a few things to do on her before spring, then I'll get her painted and I just cannot wait until the Dells show!! So excited!!

You guys are the BEST!
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rob, I've been thinking about how to complete my modified doors and I have an idea. Do you still have those 84 door skins lying around? I think I can use them for what I have in mind........

.....Steve, work slow, I want to get up there to help you with your swap but my weekends until after Christmas are tied up.
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Chris, I don't work slow....today I stuffed it in the
car with Phonedawgs wire harness on it and fired it up!!
It sounds awesome!!! Muhhaa...

GTX Steve better hurry up!!!

Steve
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok Steve that's great! If I don't make it up there before you're finished with it I'll help you with something else. Looking forward to seeing your car
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Ok Steve that's great! If I don't make it up there before you're finished with it I'll help you with something else. Looking forward to seeing your car

Hey Chris,

It runs and is it fun to drive!! Have a lot of small things to finish up
but had to take it for a spin today.

Steve
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Hey Chris,

It runs and is it fun to drive!! Have a lot of small things to finish up
but had to take it for a spin today.

Steve

I think you just obsoleted your screen name there Steve! Haha, congrats on the first drive! Now when's it my turn? Hahaha, just kidding man. Congrats!
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I took the Black Fiero GT with the 3800SC swap for some test drives tonight. I had to adjust the detent cable so it will shift properly.
It has some POWER!!

Also got the temperature gauge working, Thanks Phonedawgs for the help.

After the rides I put it in the shed and pulled the 88 duke in the garage so I can pull the engine
to replace the cam and grank gears.

Steve
PFF
System Bot
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's see some pics Steve! congrats on the success!
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2011 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pulled my 88 duke out tonight for a reseal and replace the
bad timing gears. I removed the timing cover to find the
gears still in tact. Hmmmm.....I said that is wierd so I took
and turned the crankshaft to find the cam gear spins on
the inner metal part of the gear that is pressed on the
camshaft.

Should be an easy fix.

Steve
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now that is a strange failure mode! I've had two timing gears go on me. Both times it was about 4 teeth that striped on the cam gear.

Are you putting in the metal gears?
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Now that is a strange failure mode! I've had two timing gears go on me. Both times it was about 4 teeth that striped on the cam gear.

Are you putting in the metal gears?

Probably putting in aluminum cam gear and a
Steel crank gear.

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Merry Christmas guys, I come bearing gifts of plus ones for ya!!
Celthora87GT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Celthora87GTSend a Private Message to Celthora87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^^^^^^ yay plus ones

Ugh who else needs a kick in the butt to acctualy go outside and work on their fiero? I'm just to dam lazy and most of my work is computer related... Grrr I just want to drive her!!!!!!!!!!!!
And have a merry Christmas everyone!!!!!!

------------------
1987 Black GT Custom interior with Mr. Mikes seats Series 1 L67 W/ 5 speed getrag! Almost running!!!!!

TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Merry Christmas guys, I come bearing gifts of plus ones for ya!!

Merry Christmas to everyone as well! I'd return the plus ones but Im afraid you've earned them from me a while ago.
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yay! Merry Christmas! Any thoughts to a holiday club get together? I'm off all week between Christmas and New Years!
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2011 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you. Hope Santa brings you everything you asked for. See you all soon and let's keep those Fiero projects going

------------------
BLACKKER 1988 CHOPTOP V8

Local club http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/
Facebook club page http://www.facebook.com/gro...?gid=141412865904993
N.I.F.E. member #461 Chris M http://www.fierofocus.com/

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve dust off those lowering springs!!!! I will be wanting them within the week!! time to sit lower than Car-lo again!! Chris I am seriously looking at Jimmys's new fiberglass front end with the lambo style lights built in check it out! if its the right price it would work perfectly with that hood mod I was telling u about! I want to get the body work and final mods done by april So I can finally paint the car and put a done stamp on that part of it! then its time to get a 3800sc

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 12-25-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2011 12:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
Tommy I posted on our club site about a holiday get together. I was thinking maby a bowling party some were?? that way its warm and family can join us in all the fun!
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2011 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Let's see some pics Steve! congrats on the success!

Here's a video and pics for you Chris...

http://www.youtube.com/watc...G8YEjGcAngOI7d61vhCJ

Oh and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Steve
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86soon3.4

1537 posts
Member since Dec 2005

Steve dust off those lowering springs!!!! I will be wanting them within the week!! time to sit lower than Car-lo again!!

I have them ready for you.

Steve
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2011 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow Steve! Doesn't sound too bad at all!

I bet she's quick!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2011 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steve went to gibbys started to pull throttle cable but ran outa time. the 88 cable has two cable ends on it ya know? one is about 3 inches or so back from the end one will the be in the way? ill call ya but puttin this in writing for refrence.
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New page.... GO!!!

EDIT. I tried and Failed. Lol, oh well...
------------------
(TRSX) The Zombiero - "Thrice resurrected"
1985 GT, 4 Speed Muncie, 3.4PR V6, 15" Lace GT wheels, Power everything, sunroof, Red with gray effects. Driven and enjoyed daily.

Fiero GT- 2 seater, mid engine, rear wheel drive, H.O. V6, manual rack and pinion steering, fully independent suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes, no ABS, no traction control, no speed limiter, available T-Tops. So, outdated econo-box or classic sports car? You decide.

[This message has been edited by TheRealShadowX (edited 12-27-2011).]

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow Steve! Doesn't sound too bad at all!

I bet she's quick!

Yes, it is....when the tires finally stop spinning!

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2011 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yesterday Alan got to drive the chop, I think he is sold! time to chop his car!! Muhahaha
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2011 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yesterday Alan got to drive the chop, I think he is sold! time to chop his car!! Muhahaha

Looks like you are going to be busy this summer!

Steve
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock