Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! (Page 52)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 07-23-2010 08:47 PM
Replies: 2311 (31162 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 04-18-2017 06:55 PM
Ronnyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnyboySend a Private Message to RonnyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome! Haha, I love free stuff! You guys have a Facebook/Twitter/Google+ page at all for events and get togethers? I really want to get into the Fiero community, and it's nice to have people around here who are really into them as well!
IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Facebook page was hi-jacked by a former disgruntled Member, but the most of us are on it. Far as events there is get together soon put on by GTXBULLET in Pewaukee.
Ronnyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2013 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnyboySend a Private Message to RonnyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a shame... I'll definetly look it up though. Would love to go to the upcoming event and meet some of you guys, been lurking on the old posts and you seem like a fun crew!

As for future events, you guys do any parades in the summer?
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 01:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ronnyboy:

Hey guys, I'm new here and I was given your link by a fellow member. I am really interested in joining up with you guys and the club, looks like a lot of fun!

Who hooked you up?

------------------

Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I do a parade every time I drive down our street. I always end up waving at someone...... : )

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Firefox:

I do a parade every time I drive down our street. I always end up waving at someone...... : )

Mark, I am not thinking he is thinking the friends of Dorthy kinda parade lol!
Ronnyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2013 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnyboySend a Private Message to RonnyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

Who hooked you up?

86soon3.4 aka Steve apparently did. Posted in my first thread yesterday titled "Teenage Dream Fufilled" on the next page.

Hey I'm right there with ya on the whole waving thing, I literally get waved at/honked at/yelled to every time I drive this car. I'd just prefer to do all that with more then one Fiero once in awhile ya know?
project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 07:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't know if I'd call it a "parade", but about half a dozen of us in November 2010 took a trip around Lake Winnebago, most in our Fieros.

Starting at its northern tip, we traveled south, near Lake Winnebago's eastern shores, through the lakeside High Cliff State Park and/or Calument County Park. After reaching the city of Fond du Lac at the base of Lake Winnebago, we headed north, near the lake's western shores, stopping for awhile at a shop near Oshkosh wherein one of our club's members was having a small-block Chevy swapped into his Fiero.

You can see some pictures from that trip within the present thread: seven pictures on page 10, plus three more on page 15.

I thought I remembered previously seeing more visuals of our trip around Lake Winnebago than those 10 pictures, but I don't see them now. I guess either my memory of having seen more visuals is faulty, or maybe they were among those stored on that hijacked Facebook page that jetsnvettes2000 mentioned three days ago on February 26.

[This message has been edited by project34 (edited 03-01-2013).]

Ronnyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2013 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnyboySend a Private Message to RonnyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like a great time! I will have to find those because a line of Fieros must be a majestic sight to behold, but the trip sounds incredible.

I only ask about the parades because I know Milwaukee and Waukesha's car clubs usually run their cars in the parades, so I didn't feel like going alone. Or maybe we could secure an all Fiero spot in the parade
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-05-2013 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ordered my new rims today. Getting some ASA AR1
18" rims.

Steve
KenFormula88

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 10:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KenFormula88Send a Private Message to KenFormula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seems like everyday during this winter my Fiero has to break something. Cradle (got a new one and also need to fix that), then engine has a few leaks here and there, replaced battery, replaced alternator (before winter), now the steering isn't working... I wish I had a garage... :/

[This message has been edited by KenFormula88 (edited 03-06-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KenFormula88:

Seems like everyday during this winter my Fiero has to break something. Cradle (got a new one and also need to fix that), then engine has a few leaks here and there, replaced battery, replaced alternator (before winter), now the steering isn't working... I wish I had a garage... :/

Well, it is over 20 years old, things will break but at least they are cheap to fix!
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Steve lets see some pics of those wheels. Is your swap running yet?.........Rob, how's things going? Need any help with the vettes or anything else? I have some free time at the end of March. I need to get back on the Fiero, I've been messing with the friggen boat lately and I have some questions for you on both. I'll try calling you tonight.
Ronnyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnyboySend a Private Message to RonnyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Feel the same way, I've got leaks, squeaks, and shakes but it still keeps going

Which reminds me, what do you guys for undercoating? I keep hearing Por-15, but I don't know if I wanna paint my underbody next year.

[This message has been edited by Ronnyboy (edited 03-07-2013).]

TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bit South of you guys, by Peoria, and I'm sans Fiero just now, but you have a great thread here.

------------------
~Michael
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!! - "Your mileage may vary."
WTB: Formula 5sp

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

Hey Steve lets see some pics of those wheels. Is your swap running yet?.........Rob, how's things going? Need any help with the vettes or anything else? I have some free time at the end of March. I need to get back on the Fiero, I've been messing with the friggen boat lately and I have some questions for you on both. I'll try calling you tonight.

Here is the wheel.

The swap is on hold...

Steve

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

86soon3.4

1537 posts
Member since Dec 2005

Originally posted by av8fiero:

What's up with the boat?

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2013 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It floats! LOL paint questions, to gel coat or not, I say not lets hit it with good old awl grip aircraft paint like Carver and Cruisers uses.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2013 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TRiAD:

A bit South of you guys, by Peoria, and I'm sans Fiero just now, but you have a great thread here.

Hey check the Milwaukee craigs list, there was as few Formulas for sale on it.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys! I am in a bit of a pickle, I need a car trailer stat! I need to move those two Fiero's I bought from Doug hopefully today. I could wait till later this week I guess but I would love to get it done while the ground is wet instead of ice. We tried to move them yesterday but the trailer we borrowed came undone from the hitch and almost wrecked us. Luckily it busted the restraint chains and went off into a snow filled ditch so no real damage was done other than killing a cooler full of chains.

Scott! I need you to get that rear clip out of my yard I need the room!!!
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 04:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Hey guys! I am in a bit of a pickle, I need a car trailer stat! I need to move those two Fiero's I bought from Doug hopefully today.
What???????? You got a little pickle???

Did you get them cars hauled yet?

Steve

[This message has been edited by 86soon3.4 (edited 03-10-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2013 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

Hey guys! I am in a bit of a pickle, I need a car trailer stat! I need to move those two Fiero's I bought from Doug hopefully today.
What???????? You got a little pickle???

Did you get them cars hauled yet?

Steve

Nope not yet, had a even bigger problem, Hayley took off without my knowledge from a friends house running the town without a parent present, ending up stranded at the mall when the kid's parent decided to ditch her there without a jacket or phone to call home. Needless to say I will be calling child services on that parent.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2013 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys!!!!! it is home the latest edition to the pile of cars in my yard!!!! Now to just get the parts car home and start working!!!!!! Who wants to help out? this one should be pretty tame just an engine transfer and frame rail replace job.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/091495.html

Hayley has her first build thread! it's her car after all!
Ronnyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 05:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnyboySend a Private Message to RonnyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks great man! Shame there is no third pedal though.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-18-2013 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looks great man! Shame there is no third pedal though.

My daughter can hardly chew gun and walk at the same time, automatic is all she needs trust me!
TheRealShadowX

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheRealShadowXSend a Private Message to TheRealShadowXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She really shouldn't be chewing on guns Rob, it's just not safe.

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2013 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TheRealShadowX:

She really shouldn't be chewing on guns Rob, it's just not safe.

DOH! my phone strikes again!
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2013 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The wheels [and the car] look great Steve!
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2013 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi All,
No I'm not dead...lol I was just really busy. Plus I wanted to see the fox valley fiero page back in the front. I plan on being on and around more. I am no longer in the Army. I have my 86 still. It's in Oshkosh.....fuel feed problems. and my 85 is still with me...it's only a year since i pulled the 2.8 and i finally got the 3800 sitting on the cradle ...yesterday..lol
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 11:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigjake34:

Hi All,
No I'm not dead...lol I was just really busy. Plus I wanted to see the fox valley fiero page back in the front. I plan on being on and around more. I am no longer in the Army. I have my 86 still. It's in Oshkosh.....fuel feed problems. and my 85 is still with me...it's only a year since i pulled the 2.8 and i finally got the 3800 sitting on the cradle ...yesterday..lol

Hey! I was just wondering about ya the other day, Glad to see your still around! Get that car going there is a few shows coming up!
KenFormula88

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KenFormula88Send a Private Message to KenFormula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hiya guys,

Now that I got a job going on, I got some spending cash to start repairing the 88 Formula sitting on the lot. Quite frankly though something on the steering is broke because I can't even turn the tires with the steering wheel... I'm also wondering if anyone around the area has a pair of good outer door glass seals, otherwise I might just buy some at The Fiero Store.
PFF
System Bot
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 01:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so heres the deal. My 86 v8. has an issue. it will idle, and run normal perfect. I can drive it and it will be perfect, but if i hit the gas hard it will act like its out of gas and die. I talked to my friend, who said they used the stock tubing and filter sock in the tank. My thinking is once i ask that 383 to respond the fuel suction in the tank clogs/ collapses the sock and poof..out of fuel. I got good pressure, the external pump is good. It has to be a tank issue...right?
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bigjake34

291 posts
Member since Sep 2010
I first noticed it at the track. I ran kick ass 60 foot times, but the engine ran out of gas soon after... 1.8sec 60 foot but a 11.0 1/8 mile...lol coasting most of the way. so yes the car is fast...ish
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jake how have you been? As to your issue the in tank fuel pump always sucks the same wether you're idling or on it. If I remember correctly your v8 car is carbuerated. Your regulator is what controls the fuel to the carb. Make sure you have at least 4 psi to the carb even under full accelleration and not more than 7 psi as anything higher may overcome the needle and seat. To me it sounds like you're either sucking air due to fuel slosh in the tank [top off the tank and try your run again, if that cures your problem fuel slosh in the tank is your problem], or your problem could also be fuel slosh in the carb float bowls [carb is mounted sideways as compared to a normal front engine car, the acceleration of the car sloshes the fuel away from the main jets causing a lean stumble and the engine dies]. My car is also carbed and I had a similar issue. The way I overcame this issue was to adjust the fuel bowl levels up higher [Be careful with this, too high can cause flooding and fuel metering issues. I set mine at about half way up the sight plugs], and there are also main jet extension tubes that are available. I cant remember if your Holley had center hung float bowls or not, If your carb has the side hung float bowls, the main jet extension tubes may not work for you.

------------------
1988 CHOPTOP V8
my build thread //www.fiero.nl/forum/F...1/HTML/075707-3.html

Local club http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/
Facebook club page http://www.facebook.com/gro...?gid=141412865904993
N.I.F.E. member #461 Chris M http://www.fierofocus.com/

Ronnyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RonnyboySend a Private Message to RonnyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hiya guys,

Now that I got a job going on, I got some spending cash to start repairing the 88 Formula sitting on the lot. Quite frankly though something on the steering is broke because I can't even turn the tires with the steering wheel... I'm also wondering if anyone around the area has a pair of good outer door glass seals, otherwise I might just buy some at The Fiero Store.

I'm excited for that last bit!

Took the nice weather we had last Thursday/Friday and detailed the old girl. Was my first wax, interior, and wheel job. My rims look like **** , anyone got any suggestions for getting out dirt and scratches and whitening my letters? :/

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2013 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good! Hey Aaron I am thinking what Chris said seems to be in line with my ideas about the issue too. or, therer is a kink someplace and the gas flows slowly into the carb bowl in low speed but when sucking it does not have the flow rate to keep up.
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks,
I'll check it out. I have a edlebrock 650 AVS vac secondary carb. I tried a Holly 750 dbl Pump. Had the same issue. I didn't even really think about the float level. I'll have to check into it. Thanks again.

Aaron
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks,
I'll check it out. I have a edlebrock 650 AVS vac secondary carb. I tried a Holly 750 dbl Pump. Had the same issue. I didn't even really think about the float level. I'll have to check into it. Thanks again.

Aaron

Had a idea about this pop into my head, could the rubber fuel line delaminated within itself causing a restriction. Under idle it would refill carb fast enough but when suckin gas it would starve if that were happening.
bkcamaro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2013 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bkcamaroClick Here to visit bkcamaro's HomePageSend a Private Message to bkcamaroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm excited for that last bit!

Took the nice weather we had last Thursday/Friday and detailed the old girl. Was my first wax, interior, and wheel job. My rims look like **** , anyone got any suggestions for getting out dirt and scratches and whitening my letters? :/

Westley's bleche-wite is the best! I have been using it for years and nothing comes close those white letters r going to look bad ass
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2013 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks,

Aaron

Well it's probably not the float level issue if you have the same problem with both of those carbs as the float arrangements are quite different, I'm thinking you may not have enough fuel pressure/volume to the carb. Get a gauge on the line to the carb from the regulator, you should maintain a constant pressure of at least 4psi even under full throttle conditions. If not your pump doesn't have enough capacity and you're running out of fuel, or as Rob said you may have a restriction somewhere. Check to make sure all your lines are clear and kink free. The entire fuel line is under pressure from the pump [it's pushing the fuel from the tank]. There is no suction anywhere in the line. The only point of suction is at the fuel pump inlet. Eliminate the possibility of fuel slosh in the tank and check to make sure you're maintaining at least 4psi under full throttle conditions.

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 04-09-2013).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock