Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 07-23-2010 08:47 PM
Replies: 2311 (31160 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 04-18-2017 06:55 PM
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jake when your ready for paint let me know that nose looks like it could use my touch!
IP: Logged
Bigjake34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2010 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks all, I will let my friends know that there are people who are willing to help if he needs it. My friend is a hot rodder not really a fiero guy, although he is pretty stoked about the project. He said a friend of his is willing to do the paint. I bought the paint, but not sure when he is going to do it. I wanted the exterior and swap to be done when I get back in Feb. so I can take it to Fort Campbell and finish the interior. I don't know....i'll see how it goes...lol

jake
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looky what i just got. my buddy just sent me new pics of my build.....this is my 383 monster

jake
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice, looks great!. have you're buddy mount the water pump upside down[that's how v8archie does it when he uses that style pump] or he'll have to be cutting and notching the passenger side frame rail severely to get clearance for the water inlet hose

edited to add----I'm sure your friends know the pump can't be mounted until the engine/cradle is installed into the car as the pump actually sits over the top of the passenger frame rail
------------------
88blackchopv8

http://www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com/

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 09-16-2010).]

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks for that...i'll let him know
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sweet! man i need to sell some stuff!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
what kit is he using to mount the engine or did he make the adapter?
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks to be an archie kit but I could be wrong. The front mount in the pic looks nearly identical to the one in my car

------------------
88blackchopv8

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good Eye, it IS indeed an Archie kit(or most of one). I ordered all of the adapters and engine mount from him, as well as the pulley, flexplate and flexplate adaptor. The guys are doing their own trans mounts based on a th440 swap article. I willl have to remind them to remove water pump prior to install.

Jake
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Rob I was in Menasha today stopped by your place early afternoon but you weren't there.The GT's looking good

------------------
88blackchopv8

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Chris! it still needs alot if u noticed no door panels still ugh cant find a decent set! I hopefully will get the trani parts I need from rams this weekend he has a spare trani sittin at home i am going to grab the lockup solinoid from and valve I also think I am going to change the front to rear brake line since I have a spare stainless one laying around and steve noticed my engine is sitting super crooked leaning to the drivers side of the car so ill be investigeting that problem as well, I have the new engine mounts ya gave me but have been super busy with kids and crazy ex bs grrr the drama around here has been really chippin away at my mood the past two weeks! the ol pocket book as well grrrrr anyway RAMS BUY MY CAR!!!!! im runnin outa summer here! its gota go! I am also looking for storage for the gt for the winter I dont want it sittin out in the snow the darn corvette is blockin the garage stall wereI want it to be! too bad I did run into ya here Id have started it for ya its runnin like a top now that steve and I got the bugs outa the ignition system by timing it! Ill be home all weekend with the kids if ya want to stop by then! unless I manage to sneak up by steve for a few hours to prime his car, oh steve get your air dryer/oil separator hooked up!!!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 09-17-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Rob I may be able to stop by Sunday, I'll call you before I head out if I can make it up there for a bit

edit to add---------altough I don't have much in the way of parts left is there anything you're looking for? Even though my car is mostly done I still do have some extra stuff left, mostly smaller stuff, trim, clips, screws, brackets, etc. let me know, I may have something you need

------------------
88blackchopv8

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 09-17-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup I am looking for door panels lol and possibly door trim clips mine for some reason wont stay put and keep popin off? they arent broke they just wont hang into the trim? grr im looking for a gt nose badge too right now i have just a standard fiero one pluggin up the hole i also need to find more coolant tube hangars my idea of using stainless didnt work it just kept buttering up the mill so i gave up on it for now till spring when I will try and use somthin else possible carbon fiber with aluminum mesh in the middle layer but i need a few good ones to make mold off of first oh almost forgot do ya have any decent sun visors? i cant find a good pair to save my life!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 09-18-2010).]

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:

yup I am looking for door panels lol and possibly door trim clips mine for some reason wont stay put and keep popin off? they arent broke they just wont hang into the trim? grr im looking for a gt nose badge too right now i have just a standard fiero one pluggin up the hole i also need to find more coolant tube hangars my idea of using stainless didnt work it just kept buttering up the mill so i gave up on it for now till spring when I will try and use somthin else possible carbon fiber with aluminum mesh in the middle layer but i need a few good ones to make mold off of first oh almost forgot do ya have any decent sun visors? i cant find a good pair to save my life!

It's not too hard to recover sun visors. What color is your interior?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 09:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
lol ya I know its not too hard I am just feeling extreamly lazy and would like to just throw a decent set up! I supose I can just get off my butt and sew new skins for them but I tend to go for the easy button lately due to being so darn busy with all these projects before snow flys!
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey i have a line on a guy with a TON of Fiero parts from all the years and he wants them gone like now. So deals are available. He has an ungodly ammount of trim and body panels and a bunch of engine stuff aswell. so let me know if there is any interest and we can make a trip down to Milwaukee to get the stuff!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2010 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey av8 chris i gota head up to sobiski by steve for a few hours sunday to drop off my notchy then ill be back! ill be leaving here by 11 so i should be back in town by 2 or 3 4 at the latest
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 12:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where in Milwaukee?
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jets, Fiero Thomas is the guy you need to talk to about visors. The following is a quote from Tbone, a member that bought his Indy from Fiero Thomas.

Quote--(Thomas is a great guy, good to deal with, recommend him to everyone who needs a good looking headliner or visors)

Steve

P.S. don't forget all the parts to bring up and especially the Title!!!!!!!!!!
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86fierofun:

Where in Milwaukee?

Yeah! Where in Milwaukee? I'd like to meet you guys for the trip and do a lunch get-together or something.

Don't forget....Jefferson Swap Meet next weekend!

Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always open to make some visors. You guys meeting up in milwaukee for lunch let me know. I think I can get out there.

------------------
1985 Fiero GT 4speed 1986 Fiero GT
1997 Supercharged GTP 2005 Cobalt with a twist

FieroNews~Boots~Bag's~Walle ts~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

PFF
System Bot
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
its in Glendale, the craigs ad is here: http://milwaukee.craigslist.../pts/1951371586.html

I have it set up that we can go take a look sometime this upcoming week and possibly Lowball the crap outta him.

He is apparently a Pontiac Horder lol
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need some info. I need to know what kind of starter i need for my project. I forget which one archie recommended, but I want to let my friend know which one to get. they are almost ready to bolt it all together.

jake
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigjake34:

I need some info. I need to know what kind of starter i need for my project. I forget which one archie recommended, but I want to let my friend know which one to get. they are almost ready to bolt it all together.

jake

What year is the engine block from? it will depend on the block mounting points and the teeth on the Flywheel
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 03:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey fierothomas how much for the visors if i send u my nasty ones to redo?
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ooooh, that is a good question. I'll ask him. On another note. Fiero Thomas I need a Headliner and visors I'm loking to redo my interior to black.
Firefox

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 240
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FirefoxSend a Private Message to FirefoxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jake

Call Archie tomorrow. He'll know.

av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jake

SBC year or original starter mounting does not matter as the starter for an Archie setup is mounted to the adaptor plate and not the block. Archie likes using a Tilton type starter I believe. It's a compact starter with an integral solenoid offset from motor. The starter mounts on the opposite side of a normal sbc application using Archie's adaptor plate, as mounting it in the normal sbc position it would interfere with the axles/transmission. Because of this you are REQUIRED to run a remote filter adaptor to allow clearance for the starter. The way Archie does it he actually plugs one of the ports in the filter adaptor and runs a 90 degree elbow from the other port and uses the port on the side of the block above the filter boss for the other line. Archies system works fine, but I didn't like this setup for the oil lines. I wanted to use both normal ports on the remote filter adaptor as they were intended to be. I used a csx starter with the motor offset from the solenoid. I don't know the part # or if it is still even available, but JEGS sells a starter that is comparable to mine, it's part #555-10001. It's a multi position mount [motor/solenoid can be rotated on the block adaptor] and can be used on 153 or 168 tooth flywheels/flexplates. This gave me the clearance I needed to run both of the oil lines for the remote mount filter from the adaptor using two 90 degree elbows [lines run between starter and remote filter adaptor/engine block]. I can't remember which size flywheel/flexplate Archie uses but this starter will work fine with what Archie supplied you with once you find the correct mount position to allow clearance for both of the oil lines if you desire to run them as I did. If you want to run the oil lines as Archie recommends you'll have to ask him for a starter recommendation. If you have any other questions let me know.

Talk to you later, Chris

------------------
88blackchopv8

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 09-20-2010).]

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info. I'll look at the one at Jeg's. I think my friend is close to the install. He said they had to order the sanderson headers and that was last week so I'm thinking he will need the starter pretty soon.
I would call Archie, but it is hard to call from Afghanistan...lol

[This message has been edited by Bigjake34 (edited 09-19-2010).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey av8 thought u were gona stop by today I need to pick your brain with the wheels!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
So guys got alittle bling for the gt today now just to figure out the wheel adapters ugh!

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 09-19-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sorry Rob I layzed out today, what's your question with the wheels? I also may have an extra set of visors. I don't know how good they are, I'll dig 'em out and you can have them if you want them

------------------
BLACKKER 1988 black choptop v8

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2010 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, for one, I'ld loose the VW badge
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lol yes I will be making new center caps outa billet aluminum at work first in more concerned with making them fit on car
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 04:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob ill buy the old rims off you and the tires if they have decent tread. Name your price
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK guys here is the test fit. I guess from what i can see and what my friend says they said the air cleaner is too tall. They want me to go with a Cone filter and carb hat. Any recommendations/ ideas? I noticed on one of the engine pics they have the engine mounted in the top holes of the motor mount. I'm not sure but that may buy me an inch or 2 on the top side if they go to the middle holes. I have a "air-aid" JR kit in my cart at JEGS pn# 028-200-700 waiting for feedback from yall to see if it will work before i buy it or if there are any other ideas.

Jake
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bigjake34

291 posts
Member since Sep 2010
OK i spoke to my friend. The starter question is answered, but I have another question. He wants to vent the hood to keep the nose down and prevent the headlights from popping up. I'm not sure if i want my hood cut. is there another option to vent the front end?

jake
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OK guys here is the test fit. I guess from what i can see and what my friend says they said the air cleaner is too tall. They want me to go with a Cone filter and carb hat. Any recommendations/ ideas? I noticed on one of the engine pics they have the engine mounted in the top holes of the motor mount. I'm not sure but that may buy me an inch or 2 on the top side if they go to the middle holes. I have a "air-aid" JR kit in my cart at JEGS pn# 028-200-700 waiting for feedback from yall to see if it will work before i buy it or if there are any other ideas.

Jake

I used the lower mount holes to mount my engine. My car is an 88 though and the cradle is different. I also made my own mounts for my trans [getrag 5spd], getting everything as low as I possibly could. I was able to lower my engine/trans assy enough so that I didn't even need to trim the passenger side decklid hinge/spring box as they did on your car, and I can still remove my standard height centerbolt valve covers without a problem. Right now my car has a similar air cleaner as what is in your pic but I did have to cut down the base. I'm running a edelbrock performer rpm high rise manifold with a holley 750 on top and I have this current setup under the stock height decklid. I will be changing my air filter setup though.
Your carb hat cone filter setup will work but you will restict airflow somewhat ,but not bad at all.

OK i spoke to my friend. The starter question is answered, but I have another question. He wants to vent the hood to keep the nose down and prevent the headlights from popping up. I'm not sure if i want my hood cut. is there another option to vent the front end?

jake

I too don't want to cut my hood for venting the radiator/reducing lift. See this link. http://www.fierosound.com/moreMODS.htm It vents the excess air pressure into the fender area. I've tried this mod it works and my car runs a little cooler. my headlight doors are glassed shut as I have moved my headlights into the turn signal area so I can't speak to the effectiveness of this mod at keeping the headlight doors down at speed, but many others have said it really helps with that

------------------
BLACKKER 1988 choptop v8

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 07:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, just looked at the article and i will forward the link to my friend. From what he said they are going to fabricate a new air box and will be increasing the air flow to the carb via the carb hat. He emailed and said they were going to drop the engine to the middle holes. I'm getting excited. he said the headers will be there today and the starter was already picked up. so it is looking like it will be done soon. He also said they are going to break in the motor on a engine stand so it will be ready to run once installed.

jake
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey jake change your intake to a edelbrock preformer for c3 corvettes it will drop your carb down alot it is part num 2101 in the edelbrock catalog u are using way too tall of an intake this manifold height is 3 1/2 inches lookin at your pic yours sits like a truck intake

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 09-20-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock