Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  hi-flo manifold update (Page 27)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
hi-flo manifold update by Francis T
Started on: 05-27-2004 03:16 PM
Replies: 1156
Last post by: Francis T on 07-09-2009 05:47 PM
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2007 07:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
I discovered something new related to installing our intakes some my find interesting: I powdered coat an extra lower intake red to see how would looked with the red intake for our 87GT on it. Look nice on the engine we have on a stand. Then I realized I could drop the lower intake bolt in place, mount our intake, fuel rail/injectors, TB, cold start injector etc, and simply put it on the engine thats in the car as unit! I can even connect the injector connectors. It's so easy to does on like that, whereas with the stock intake you cant, because you can't get to the lower bolts and with ours you can take the valver covers off woth the intake on the engine. So if, youre getting one or intakers or reinstalling one you may want to pull that lower in take, paint it and put it all togther as a unit. Also; With it like that, I can take my air tool with a sanding drum etc and in minutes have the where the lower inkake meets ours match up smooth as all heck. May take some picks if anyone is interested.
IP: Logged
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2007 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Here are some heat shield pictures that Francis sent me.

"These are heat shields for coil and wires for the sensor.
The one nearest the coil is stock shield bent and cut the other one was made from scratch."

Looks good!

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 02-25-2007).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2007 10:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Thanks raydar.
Before installing in the car, I will be removing the heat-wrap and have the headers ceramic coated instead. I also have some self-stick aluminized heat sheilding on order to to put on the header/Y pipe side of those shields, which are painte with 1200 deg paint.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

squisher86SE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 12:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for squisher86SESend a Private Message to squisher86SEDirect Link to This Post
First autoX experience with the Trueleo setup:
My region had their first event of the year on Sunday (2/25/07) and I got to run my Fiero for the first time with the Trueleo setup on it. I got a number of comments on its sound. Two other PFF members showed up as well. John Boelte and another Brian (can't remember his PFF name, sorry). All in all we had a good time.

Granted I am still running a stock tune, but it runs great! I could hold 1st and 2nd gear to 6000 rpm and not feel bad about it. It seems like it is still losing a *teenie* bit at the very extreme top of the RPM band, but on top of the stock tune I only have the stock throttle body. When I don't feel so poor, I will be finding a tune shop close to me and get the ecm properly set up. That should help things along nicely.

You can't hear the car over the wind noise on my vids, but I will be posting them anyway as soon as I get them captured and converted. I will prove the link here if people want it. I could definitely tell the car was doing better than last season.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2007 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Cool, now go get some dyno data for us and we'll make you a perfect chip for your setup and you can hopefully get some wins!

Originally posted by squisher86SE:

First autoX experience with the Trueleo setup:
My region had their first event of the year on Sunday (2/25/07) and I got to run my Fiero for the first time with the Trueleo setup on it. I got a number of comments on its sound. Two other PFF members showed up as well. John Boelte and another Brian (can't remember his PFF name, sorry). All in all we had a good time.

Granted I am still running a stock tune, but it runs great! I could hold 1st and 2nd gear to 6000 rpm and not feel bad about it. It seems like it is still losing a *teenie* bit at the very extreme top of the RPM band, but on top of the stock tune I only have the stock throttle body. When I don't feel so poor, I will be finding a tune shop close to me and get the ecm properly set up. That should help things along nicely.

You can't hear the car over the wind noise on my vids, but I will be posting them anyway as soon as I get them captured and converted. I will prove the link here if people want it. I could definitely tell the car was doing better than last season.

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Maybe you saw it on another post, if not:
We may offer this Y pipe ae a replacemnt for the stock an Sprint Y pipes. It has 2"dia thoughout and if we do offer it, you can special order it with a 2.5" 3-bolt flage down leg and with/or wihtout EGR. Here's 2 pictures of the first one. Note that the left runner only looks strait where goes into the Y, it is curved nicely. There is NO D section left and right sit atop each other in a full figure 8. This one still needs to be cleaned up and pressure tested.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 02:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:
Maybe you saw it on another post, if not:
We may offer this Y pipe ae a replacemnt for the stock an Sprint Y pipes.

Oh yeah! Very cool.

FWIW...
In case you've never experienced it, the ball ends on the Sprints sit at a slightly different angle, and are about 1/4 inch farther apart than the stockers. It's not a show stopper, but it is a bit of a PITA. You have to crank down on the flange bolts to "pull" the Y-pipe those last few millimeters. Definitely not a great idea, since the stock Y pipes already like to crack where they are joined at the collector.

I've heard other people tell of the same complaint, so it's not just my Sprints.
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
The Sprints I HAD fit perfect. I guess I got lucky.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 07:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

The Sprints I HAD fit perfect. I guess I got lucky.

Hmmm.... one had a hard time, and one fit easy... nuts? Anyone else out there using Sprint headers with a stock Y pipe, please tells us how it fit?

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Francis T

6620 posts
Member since Oct 2003
BTW: it dont take much (a little warping from welding etc) to make it hard to bolt that Y pipe to the headers. I build every set on my mule 2.8 just to be sure they fit without much fuse. One thing I did notice and tell our customers and it's likely true for stock headers also, if you bolt your Y to your headers and headers to the heads very very losely at first, and the tighten it all up they go on a lot easier.
88White3.4GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTDirect Link to This Post
Francis, good work, thanks for answering my questions on the other thread.
I would like to know if this'll work on an 88 auto. ??
PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 03:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88White3.4GT:

Francis, good work, thanks for answering my questions on the other thread.
I would like to know if this'll work on an 88 auto. ??

To be honest? I'm pretty sure someone put our headers/Y on an 88 and if they fit that car then this new Y will also. You'll have to ask if the stock Y fits all years and with any trans, I think it does. I'm sure someone here knows the answer.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
The main difference in the Y-pipes is that the 85-87 collector flange is lower than the 88. The collector extends downward an additional few inches.
If you change your headpipe (between the Y-pipe flange to the cat) you should be okay.
patch

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for patchSend a Private Message to patchDirect Link to This Post
My stock y-pipe actually fit fine with my Sprint headers on my '88. Oddly the original manifolds did not. Before I went to the Sprints I would have to do quite a bit of bending and prying to get the y-pipe to line back up.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Umm, that new Y pipe I made, well I had it paint and ready to take some more photos of when I umm.... cut it up some! Had a better idea. It now has a 2.5" down pipe leg ending in a stock flange for those with stock exhaust and will be available for 2.5" exhaust too. Just didnt make sense not to take those two 2" header runners into a bigger 2.5" pipe. If I get a chance Friday or Saturday, I'll paint it and put some picks up with it next to a stock Y pipe.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Well here's what we will go with: 2" upper runners to the headers, 2.5" after the Y to the exhaust. This one is for a stock exhaust system. For a 2.5" exhaust system the underside of the flang will not have the 2" dia bottom piece for the dougnut. The is the same, full figure 8 with D constriction. This will flow more than your engine can put likely with stock or Sprint headers. I made the holes on our header flanges over size to help with fit inasmuch as it seems like no two are identical. I will also provide long cap screws which make the install easier.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Francis T

6620 posts
Member since Oct 2003
Dropped a word, it has NO 'D' in the Y it's a full figure 8, one pipe over the other.
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2007 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

Hmmm.... one had a hard time, and one fit easy... nuts? Anyone else out there using Sprint headers with a stock Y pipe, please tells us how it fit?

I am and the Sprints fit the stock Y-pipe fine, just as the original exhaust manifolds did.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 05:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
For those that have not been following Qucikster's thread on Y pipes, I'll put the same pictures here of the end result of a week of changing my mind (adn the pipe) and gig making. This one is for either stock or Sprint headers with a stock exhaust. 2" upper Y runners, 2.5" down pipe, EGR, 02.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2007 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:
I am and the Sprints fit the stock Y-pipe fine, just as the original exhaust manifolds did.

Well cool!

Francis, maybe I bothered you for nothing.

Perhaps the Fiero Store redesigned the Sprints. (They *do* look like they have more welded seams, now.) Mine are at least 5 years old, and so were the ones belonging to the other person I mentioned, who had the issues.

[This message has been edited by Raydar (edited 03-10-2007).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2007 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
We have to update our website and have been having a problem doing it so this new item is not there yet. Send any request to me (rspiderii@aol.com) for now and I'll send them to Troy.
In addition, we need to know:

Do you want an EGR mount?

What type and size exhaust system you have, stock two-bolt flange, 3-bolt custom etc.

Do you need a wide bong in addition to to an O2, (additional charge)?
PFF
System Bot
jstntlvr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2007 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jstntlvrClick Here to visit jstntlvr's HomePageSend a Private Message to jstntlvrDirect Link to This Post
hay man its a natural tobacco pipe not a bong those are illegal

sorry I couldn't resist
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2007 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Francis T:

I talked to Troy about that stumble issue a few people have and he's going to do some checking of the stock chip and probably make an adjustment to ours. Im not the chip guy he is and thus I dont recal exactly what he said, but it sounded like he could fix it.

Francis T, the dyno-proven improvement in the overall "area under the curve" generated by the Trueleo intake has always looked very impressive to me. Nonetheless, I'm curious to know if there's been any progress in solving the driveability issue referenced in the quote above, those engine "stumbling" problems that earlier in this thread some (e.g., Raydar, m0sh_man, and Turkey on Rye) reported they've experienced with the Trueleo intake and chip.

I'm hoping that the fix for this driveability issue will prove to be about as deceptively simple as the fix for the "problem" Troy related in the first paragraph of his 01-05-2005 post on page 11 of this thread.

[This message has been edited by project34 (edited 03-22-2007).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2007 10:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
He did get to look at the stock chip from 87GT and burned a few new chips and sent them off, not sure to whom though? When we get info back, I'll let everyone know. As for that stumble, with mine it only happens for like the first few minutes (2 - 5mins) of driving after a cold start (like in the moring) and then not always. Once it has run a little it's fine for the rest of the day. Thus I havent really bother to try different chips etc, before I exit my lake community (like half a mile) it's running fine. We trying to get our 87GT ready for Carlislie and it will have our intake, headers and latest chip, so I'll be able to use that car to see if there are any issues with the new chips. BTW: Not everyone has the problem. What with all the different engine mods our customers do it's not like we can burn one chip to fit all perfectly without some wideband data. But we also dont charge for a new chip if you get us the data.
lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2007 06:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone replaced a MAP sensor lately? When I switched to a new one from the '91 305 V8, my 3.4 smoothened right out. Ofcourse, I wasn't using a Trueleo intake, but still a highly modded 3.4.

I think the actual map sensor is the same now when you go into a store and buy it today, but at some point, the stock Fiero one was not as good for a 3.4 swap.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2007 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
I've found a coating company to ceramic coat our headers for those that want them done and dont have anyone near by do to it. They gave me a good price and we won't be making anything from it, we'll just ship the headers to them instead of to you and they will then ship the coated to our customers. They offer a nice near-chrome finesh or a satin black. They will be doing mine soon and I should have to car at Carlislie. The company is thermaltech; reachable at thermaltechcoatings.com. Cutting it close to get that car to Carlislie and the weather forcast here is for rain 6 of the next 7 days! PIA for bodywork.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

lou_dias

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 08:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasDirect Link to This Post

I've found a coating company to ceramic coat our headers for those that want them done and dont have anyone near by do to it. They gave me a good price and we won't be making anything from it, we'll just ship the headers to them instead of to you and they will then ship the coated to our customers. They offer a nice near-chrome finesh or a satin black. They will be doing mine soon and I should have to car at Carlislie. The company is thermaltech; reachable at thermaltechcoatings.com. Cutting it close to get that car to Carlislie and the weather forcast here is for rain 6 of the next 7 days! PIA for bodywork.

Cool, I'll have to send mine there whenever I get my car back and can port match the openings...
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2007 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Give them some time as they have a lot orders to fill with it being the start of the show and racing season. Also, ig youre going to port match you shout put your whole intake together as unit; lower, ours, fuel rail, vacuum lines, etc, that will let you trim off the gasket between our intake and the lower one with an air tool.

Originally posted by lou_dias:

Cool, I'll have to send mine there whenever I get my car back and can port match the openings...

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2007 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
For those of you that must keep it all looking OEM, and if youre in the northern virginia/mayland area and need to replace your stock intake for one in better shape, send me note. I'm going take a bunch of aluminium to the scrap yard soon and will likely be ditching a few stock intakes I dont need.

For those of you racing (autox, road, drag) with our intakes and or headers we'd like hear from you again. Also, for you racers, anyone interested in high capacity oil pans?

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

The Funkmaster

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2007 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for The FunkmasterSend a Private Message to The FunkmasterDirect Link to This Post
Hey Francis, just letting you know, I'll probably be getting the info you guys need to burn a new chip for me fairly soon. What exactly are you going to need? Do you need every bit of info the computer gets/sends out for the full RPM range?

Thanks!

Steve
SCCAFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 12:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SCCAFieroSend a Private Message to SCCAFieroDirect Link to This Post

I am running sprints and I had two stock Y pipes in my collection. Neither of them fit perfectly and one (from an 88) fit just a little better than the other (from an 86). I tried everything to get them to seat all the way but they would not. It did not sound like a serious exhaust leak, more like a subtle ticking which means they were almost sealing.

PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2007 01:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by The Funkmaster:

Hey Francis, just letting you know, I'll probably be getting the info you guys need to burn a new chip for me fairly soon. What exactly are you going to need? Do you need every bit of info the computer gets/sends out for the full RPM range?

Thanks!

Steve

Send us the wideband data and any other data from the runs. You can try any ign timing changes your dyno guys suggest too. If they have any recomendations, like more fuel at say 6k+ let us know.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Im going to use this port to hopefully contact a customer 'Justin T. I've been working on his order and do not have his e-mail only his street address. Justin, please contact me at rspiderii@aol.com or call 540-872-1867

BTW: We have a couple of new things in the works with our intakes!

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Direct Link to This Post

BTW: We have a couple of new things in the works with our intakes!

Hopefully I'll get a good deal on them for being the first to ask, "Just what ARE the new things you have in the works for Truleo intakes, Francis T?"
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
I supose I should not have said anything, since I'm not ready to post pictures, so just forget that I brought it up. Don't ya just hate it when someone does something like that. :-] OK give ya a hint, one is just a very special version of something we now sell and the othere is not, lol.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

jstntlvr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jstntlvrClick Here to visit jstntlvr's HomePageSend a Private Message to jstntlvrDirect Link to This Post
Sorry Francis I didnt realise my e-mail wasnt in thear its jstntlvr@yahoo.com

Thanks
Justin T.
gt88norm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-22-2007 10:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt88normSend a Private Message to gt88normDirect Link to This Post

:-] OK give ya a hint, one is just a very special version of something we now sell and the othere is not, lol.

Uhhhh . . . equal length exhaust headers (I don't give a rat's for 26", just make 'em fit) for the '91-'95 3.4 DOHC!
I'm more interested in equal pulse spacing than having a power-band come on like a light-switch.

Norm
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Sorry, we're not planning to make headers for the DOHC (btw our 3.4 pr headers are Eq Len). With the DOHC a newer design compared to the 60deg pr engines, the stock headers cant be that bad, not like the crappy ones that GM put on the fireo, right?

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

gt88norm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2007 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gt88normSend a Private Message to gt88normDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:Sorry, we're not planning to make headers for the DOHC (btw our 3.4 pr headers are Eq Len). With the DOHC a newer design compared to the 60deg pr engines, the stock headers cant be that bad, not like the crappy ones that GM put on the fireo, right?

'91-'95 = equally spaced squar(ish) w/ rounded corners exhaust ports approx. 2.25" across, cast manifolds,
scavenging similar to the Fiero's, but much shorter proportionately in relation to the diameter. The crossover
goes across the flywheel end of the motor to the back side(right when looking end on from the fly-wheel). I've
two front manifolds to be rid of that funky juncture, but would really prefer equal length headers w/ the 3 into 1
collectors in a similar location as the dual front manifolds exits would be. Thus, I can use a proper Y(2 into 1
collector) and stock exhaust routing. The '96+ dohcs have MUCH more problematic port shaping(squished
into a rectangle).

Norm

[This message has been edited by gt88norm (edited 08-24-2007).]

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2007 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by gt88norm:

'91-'93 = equally spaced squar(ish) w/ rounded corners exhaust ports approx. 2.25" across, cast manifolds, scavenging
similar to the Fiero's, but much shorter proportionately in relation to the diameter. The crossover goes across the flywheel
end of the motor to the back side(right when looking end on from the fly-wheel). I've two front manifolds to be rid of that
funky juncture, but would really prefer equal length headers w/ the 3 into 1 collectors in a similar location as the dual front
manifolds exits would be. Thus, I can use a proper Y(2 into 1 collector) and stock exhaust routing. The '96+ dohcs have
MUCH more problematic port shaping(squished into a rectangle).

Sounds like you do need better headers and Y pipes, but the thing is: you need comonality (probably spelled if wrong) if your going to make headers etc avaliable for something and you all need lots of prospective customers.

With said headers only useable with a Fiero DOHC engine swap, there's not going to be many customers out there. And if dif years use dif heads, that only makes it worse? You have to order things like custom CNC or laser cut flanges by the hundreds to keep the cust/unit down.

Could be someone can make a better Y pipe if it will work with most years of that engine. We dont have a DOHC engine in Fiero to make the jigs for such a thing. Besides, just keeping up with intake and header orders is more than enough work for me now. I'n not looking for to tackle another major project. If someone else in Va wants to tackle it, I'd glad to give them some input on how to go about it. How about someone putting some pictures up of DOHC headers and Y pipes, in a fiero would be nice.

------------------
[IMG]

Trueleo.com/fiero.htm
RSpiderII@aol.com

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock