Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  hi-flo manifold update (Page 2)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
hi-flo manifold update by Francis T
Started on: 05-27-2004 03:16 PM
Replies: 1156
Last post by: Francis T on 07-09-2009 05:47 PM
TaurusThug

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2004 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
BUMP!

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk
www.XoticRydz.tk

IP: Logged
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2004 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
How bout' another bump?
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2004 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
For those that might not have seen an update of a few days ago, we're still waiting for the darn flanges. We were also told that some, maybe the TB flanges, went to the wrong place and are being rerouted......... Anyway everything is still a go with the project. We have too much money invested now to change our minds, not that we want to. I want one of them more than most of you. Hang in there people.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-26-2004 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Francis T

6620 posts
Member since Oct 2003
I posted this reply yesterday, but just notice it wasn't there? So I'll try again. Anyway, we almost got the flanges but they got sent to the wrong place? They're supposedly being rerouted to us. Once we have them, we can start frabricating the first prototype. We could have gotten them a lot quicker, but getting complecated thick steel items lasser cut is exspensive and even more so if you want it done in rush. Since everyone wants the units to be affordable, we went the slower route. Hang in there people, we haven't pulled the plug on the project, and won't.
oneblack85gt

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for oneblack85gtSend a Private Message to oneblack85gtDirect Link to This Post
on a stock 2.8, what kind of power increases are we talkin about...
silver86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for silver86seSend a Private Message to silver86seDirect Link to This Post
pics, pics , please..........................
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Pics pics pics? Of what, we didn't make it yet. We're still in the designing stages and waiting for parts. We'll post them when we have something to show. As for power gains, can't really say until we get one built and on a dyno. I can say this, it will be worth it, or as some like to say, 'quite cost effective' especially for those with other engine mods. We got the monster MR2 running again out of the way today and just need for the parts to arive to start on the manifolds.
MarkJPana

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 65
Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkJPanaSend a Private Message to MarkJPanaDirect Link to This Post
im sorry if i missed it, but do u have an approximate price range for the new intake. i may be interested depending on how much it is.

------------------

AIM : Mjpana252
email : MarkJPana@Comcast.net

silver86se

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2004 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silver86seSend a Private Message to silver86seDirect Link to This Post
hi i meant when you had them done .......not meaning to rush you
mize

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2004 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mizeClick Here to visit mize's HomePageSend a Private Message to mizeDirect Link to This Post
Since I am currently running a 3.4L, I too want to be on the list! I am extremely interested!

Steve

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Well, we picked up two of the three types of flanges we've been waiting for today. We had to go the Richmond since they sent them to the wrong city. Anyway the last one should be in next week and then we can start on the prototype.
PFF
System Bot
floridafiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2004 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for floridafieroSend a Private Message to floridafieroDirect Link to This Post
I may also be interested in a purchase, depending on cost. But judging on what you did with the mr2's it will probably be a great product and worth every penny. Also, thanks for the updates.
RTNmsds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2004 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post
Put me on your "interested list".
mize

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2004 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mizeClick Here to visit mize's HomePageSend a Private Message to mizeDirect Link to This Post
Is there any guess yet on the price? Also if someone (like me) had a bored out TB and intake plenum, are those going to be useful in the new setup?

Thanks,
Steve

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2004 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Don't want to guess yet on a price just yet, sorry. As for your TB, it would help some but also require us or you (cheeper if you do it) to enlarge the TB flange opening to match. If you had a stock TB made bigger it won't take much to open up the flange some since they could not have made yours much bigger. If everything works out, we'll be doing special orders for larger TB. And that's a no-go for your plenium, we're designing completly new one with better runners.
vEnOm

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2004 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vEnOmSend a Private Message to vEnOmDirect Link to This Post
Sign me up! I already have ported heads and lower plennum, all I need is a better intake.
Turkey on Rye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2004 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Turkey on RyeSend a Private Message to Turkey on RyeDirect Link to This Post
Hell ya! Im DEFINETLY interested. Anything would be better than the current setup we're all stuck with. Good luck with the project and keep us posted.
-Chris
sqoach

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2004 03:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sqoachSend a Private Message to sqoachDirect Link to This Post
Put me on the interested list, also.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 07:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Want your thoughts on this; we are trying to use the stock fuel rail setup to keep cost down. Thus far (from drawings) it looks like we can and keep the manifold a one piece unit. However, if we cannot, we can go one of two routs:

1st make a new custom fuel rail setup, which would add to the cost

2nd make the manifold a 2 piece deal. If we do the 2 piece thing, we may use short hose/claps to connect them. More flanges would drive up the cost a lot and probably not flow any better or worse than the hose setup. Yes it would look like a custom race manifold that way, but it would keep the cost down and not affect performance.

So, how many of you people would rather spend more (don’t how much yet, but let’s say $100 for now) for a one piece with custom fuel rails versa the 2 piece? Vote for either 1 or 2

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeDirect Link to This Post
*2*

Besides the lower cost, the two-piece manifold with connecting hoses/clamps would have a nice industrial look. It would probably be easier to clean, too.

[This message has been edited by Blacktree (edited 07-07-2004).]

Rereg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ReregSend a Private Message to ReregDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Blacktree:

*2*

Besides the lower cost, the two-piece manifold with connecting hoses/clamps would have a nice industrial look. It would probably be easier to clean, too.

I'd be interested also in the lower cost setup.

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
I'm thinking two-piece as well.
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post
P.O.L. Mafia

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for P.O.L. MafiaClick Here to visit P.O.L. Mafia's HomePageSend a Private Message to P.O.L. MafiaDirect Link to This Post
LOWER COST, LOWER COST, LOWER COST. I'm just as cheap as the next guy . any idea when the test dumy will be up and runnin?????
Spyhunter

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 86
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpyhunterSend a Private Message to SpyhunterDirect Link to This Post
2 piece, so long as performance isnt compromised.
paulcal

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 96
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paulcalSend a Private Message to paulcalDirect Link to This Post
hoola47

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hoola47Send a Private Message to hoola47Direct Link to This Post
2 for cost.

------------------
1986 Pontiac Fiero GT
Auto, soon to be 5 spd Getrag from 88 z24, Best 1/4 = 16.1 at 83mph, mods, wires, CRX intake, and power pulley. Planning Turbo 2.8 swap for a little more umph!!!!

Bought for 2500$ Canadian.

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by P.O.L. Mafia:

LOWER COST, LOWER COST, LOWER COST. I'm just as cheap as the next guy . any idea when the test dumy will be up and runnin?????

my test dummy is running.... just with a stock intake :P he has to build the intake before i drive the 6 or so hours to have it tested.

matthew

JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 06:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
I like the Idea of 1, but I'd have to go with 2, I'm a cheap type of guy also
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Thanks people and keep the input coming.
Matt, don't want you up here until were ready to put it on your car at the dyno.
For those that might not know what what I mean by hoses/clamps, I think we still have some pics of my 124 Fiat spider on the trueleo.com site. It has 4 Mikuni carbs on a ram manifold we made an uses hose/clamps. It also has an Electromotive Tec I distributorless ign, headers and other goodies and I doubt if there's another Fiat spider anyway in the world with that setup! Hope you can see the manifold good enough.
And we are still waiting for the last of the damn flanges!
RTNmsds

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2004 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RTNmsdsClick Here to visit RTNmsds's HomePageSend a Private Message to RTNmsdsDirect Link to This Post
Been thinking about this a bit more (I know, that's a dangerous thing ) and need to throw out this question...

I believed you mentioned looking forward to installing this on your 2.8 turbo. Why's this a good idea for a forced induction engine? If my limit for boost is the amount of hp my block can survive, then why would this be any different than simply cranking up the psi a notch or two? Kind of simple thinking, but both methods just put more in the cylinder for combustion.

PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
It's one of those ' because I can' things. I know I could simply up the boast and get more power, but that wouldn't 'look' half as cool.
Really, we want a turbo test mule beside an NA engine to compare with on the dyno. Besides it can't hurt when I'm not in boost. The manifold will fit other engines with more potential than my 2.8 and I suspect some those guys would like to see what it will do for a turbo setup. In addition to a dyno run with the new manifold and my turbo functioning, I'm going to do a dyno run with my turbo disabled (the inlet tube to the TB off) to see what gains we get from a modfied engine and then compare the results with what I had with my stock manifold. The turbo will confuse the results some even off, as it will restrick the exhaust some, but I think we'll still get usefull data. Besides, I'm sure we'll get lots of 'but what will it do for my turbo setup?' questions if we don't. Then again, I do like rad looking engines as you may have seen with my spider.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post

Francis T

6620 posts
Member since Oct 2003
bump of sort, I like to see more votes
Turkey on Rye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Turkey on RyeSend a Private Message to Turkey on RyeDirect Link to This Post
I am gonna have to be a follower here and go with # 2 as well. However, if it comes down to having to develop a new rail, i would still be very interested.
-Chris
JamesCurtis

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JamesCurtisSend a Private Message to JamesCurtisDirect Link to This Post
*kicks shipment companies* come on guys! get these flanges moving! and i thought postponing a delivery for one month was bad, i'm sure it's worth when you have so many people looking forward to seeing what ur doing. I'm saving my money now Hopefully I'll have enough to get ur intake when it gets out of the prototype stage. good luck and god speed with those flanges!
TaurusThug

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 09:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TaurusThugSend a Private Message to TaurusThugDirect Link to This Post
i vote for two... mainly due to lower cost and the fact that i like that race part look... plus its CHEAPER!!!

so whats the status on the manifold now???

------------------
'86 Fiero GT

www.KylesFiero.tk www.XoticRydz.tk

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineDirect Link to This Post
bump. mainly to get your attention and ask a question that will be in the general section. don't want to muck up the thread.
Fierofreak00

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Direct Link to This Post
I would also go with the "flow" (pun intended) and say 2, but if it came down to it, either would work.

------------------
A coward dies a thousand deaths..................A soldier dies but once.

Red 86 SE
Yellow 87 GT
Gold 86 SE (wrecked)
Red 84 2.5 Coupe

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-08-2004 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
We got more stuff today and are only waiting for those big and exspensive flanges. We are bugging the suplier. As for 'having so many people interested' and so fourth, that we should have ordered them made as soon as posiable, we ent GM, and don't have the funds to simple blow thousands of dallors because a lot of people MIGHT want to buy them! We're sticking our necks (read that wallets) pretty far as is, what with committing to something like 25 units, lots of dyno time and no 'firm orders' and you can read that as, "we haven't ask anyone to put so much as a dime down." This is difficult to write, cause I just want to.... ##$$^&* scream. That said, I feel a little better, anyway, what with the voting thus far heavy towards 'keeping it afordable' I think we made the right call on those exspensive flanges. When we make and evaluate the prototype, things will be diffrent, we'll have the orders and the checks to gear up for a big run accordingly. Have to get past the R&D first. We'd like thank most everyone else for hanging in there and waiting.
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-09-2004 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBDirect Link to This Post
I am interested, and I vote for "2", I really like that industrial look.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock