Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Technical Discussion & Questions - Archive
  hi-flo manifold update (Page 19)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 
Previous Page | Next Page
hi-flo manifold update by Francis T
Started on: 05-27-2004 03:16 PM
Replies: 1156
Last post by: Francis T on 07-09-2009 05:47 PM
Francis T

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Fastback86, yes, we have your order and I will start on it and a few others today. What with so many people wanting to change this or that (no EGR, bigger TB etc) we can only partially build them in advance.
Thanks for the order.
IP: Logged
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lou_dias:

where did you get those headers from?

Those were probably the last set FOCOA sold.

opm2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for opm2000Click Here to visit opm2000's HomePageSend a Private Message to opm2000Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

Those were probably the last set FOCOA sold.

How about a nice pic of the other side? I'd like to make a set. It looks like they would use the stock crossover, or maybe a custom crossover located in the stock position?

David Breeze

------------------

Pantera Rebody Kits

Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
I'll post tonight. Y-pipe is not stock. Will post pic of that one too.
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 231
Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2005 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:

Fastback86, yes, we have your order and I will start on it and a few others today. What with so many people wanting to change this or that (no EGR, bigger TB etc) we can only partially build them in advance.
Thanks for the order.

Thank you, Francis! I'll be patient now

Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2005 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post
Here are the pics of the front header and Y pipe. I didn't have any with it on the engine.

But this piece is the real beauty. Looks so nice that way that I don't know if I will powder coat it. It arrived last night !!

------------------
Palm Beach Fieros
http://pbfieros.tripod.com

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2005 10:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Fastback86, check your PMs
1fastcaddy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2005 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1fastcaddySend a Private Message to 1fastcaddyDirect Link to This Post
bump, updates? hows that black one lookin
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2005 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Fastback86, I have a picture of your intake check your PMs.

We didn't do a black one yet. I want to switch mine out for our latest design in black to go with my new paint job. We've been busy working on our exhaust header design, filling intake orders, and thus I haven't had chance to that black one for myself or one for our other GT.

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Question: if you look at that uncoated intake picture a few repleys back, you'll notice 2 points for vacuum fittings on the TB-to-penium neck. They are for the PCV and the fuel reg and can also be T for other uses. The F-bod guys have been getting our intakes with all the vacuum on the rear. That makes for a cleaner look. When I change mine out for one with the new smooth neck units, that's what I'm going to do. Whereas I don't much like plastic vacuum lines and their tendency to crack, I got rid of them a long time ago. A PCV take-off from the rear would look and work fine. We'll still do the neck fittings, but if you'd rather have the neater look just let us know. So, what do you folks think, do them all off the rear?
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2005 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsDirect Link to This Post
WOW impressive work! Hats off to you! Anything to help the diehard 2.8 guys is great. We need more hands on guys like you Francis T.

Steven

------------------
'02 USDM Subaru WRX, APS S/R30 turbo @ 18psi, STi 'pink' injectors, ECUTEK remap by WRC-Tech, TurboXS FMIC & short ram, Perrin turbo inlet pipe, Helix up-pipe & 3" TBE, 17" EDM wheels, Prodrive springs, EBC brakes, JUN eyebrows, '06 STi rear diffuser, Scanmaster 3, Autometer EGT and boost gauge.
335fwhp/310ftlbs - 263 WHEEL hp. 12.3 1/4 mile 3.9 0-60

PFF
System Bot
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2005 09:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
Here are some interesting numbers set to us by one of our intakes customers. His is on an F-bod. These are temp readings form our intake on a warmed up engine. The numbers say it all, so much for the BS that was said by people that don't have and never even tutched one of our Hi-Flo intakes that steel would get too hot.

Neck: 82
Back of intake: 90
Runners Top: 96
Runners middle: 117
Base intake to the lower: 170
Valve covers: 137

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2005 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Francis T:
These are temp readings form our intake on a warmed up engine. The numbers say it all, so much for the BS that was said by people that don't have and never even tutched one of our Hi-Flo intakes that steel would get too hot.

Neck: 82
Back of intake: 90
Runners Top: 96
Runners middle: 117
Base intake to the lower: 170
Valve covers: 137

Excellent! I'm happy that someone came through.
I had planned to do the same thing, but my source for the digital temp probe didn't pan out.

m0sh_man

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 163
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2005 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for m0sh_manSend a Private Message to m0sh_manDirect Link to This Post
after 4 passes at the 1/8th mile track i have to say, mine got so hot i couldnt touch it without burning myself.

Still love my intake though.

matthew

fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 02:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Direct Link to This Post
are you guys talking about the trueleo intake getting hot?
vega

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2006 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vegaSend a Private Message to vegaDirect Link to This Post
Ok i don't have time to read 19 pages so here...

1. cost?
2. hp/ tq increases ?
3. Hows this comoing along?- I can't beilve i missed this thread....

Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
yeah he was and the temp numbers are a reply to back. you have to consider that even 200 deg really isen't all that hot and is not what your hand would like, it's only 12 deg below boiling water and we know how hot that feels.
Pyrthian

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 342
Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PyrthianSend a Private Message to PyrthianDirect Link to This Post
I dont see how the temp is an issue? is someone thinking the stock intake doesnt get hot?
while it is 2 peices, and has that cardboard insulating layer between the upper & lower plenum, the lower plenum still gets PLENTY hot. I know my upper plenum gets pretty dang toasty. and thats 3 gaskets away from combustion.
in fact, I would say that being one peice, and more "open" TrueLeo can disappate the heat faster the the stock one. but, if you are concerned, get the insides ceramic coated, and add some heat sinks/ribbing on the outside

vega

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-01-2006 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vegaSend a Private Message to vegaDirect Link to This Post
I am highly interested are you still doing this?
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2006 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
amazing isent it? this has been one the biggest non-issue things ever. u should see the write up the f-bod fourum about it.
anyway; keep watching for this posting as we will be selling a few prototypes. They'll work fine may as well take them off the walls
fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2006 12:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Direct Link to This Post
just got mine the other day and came with 3 chips, matt 006, matt 011, and scott 005 is what it sayd on them, does anyone know which chip is set for what? i kinda glanced through pages but found little.
PFF
System Bot
fullcircle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2006 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fullcircleSend a Private Message to fullcircleDirect Link to This Post
Just want to make sure, I can put this on my car and all I need is a new Prom. No new injectors or anything else. Does the new prom come with the Intake, car is a stock 1988 2.8, 5 speed with 42K for now. I don't really want to tear up the car too much so just the intake may be what I need.

To respond to earlier criticism, I view a handbuilt intake of this nature as a bargain at this price, and looks wise it looks very functional which to FrancisT and myself is very pretty.

fieroman22

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroman22Send a Private Message to fieroman22Direct Link to This Post
it is a bolt on product with little very little modifying, may just have to relocate some vacuum lines, dont need anything else but it does come with new chips though you dont need them

i got three with mine and was just curious as to which was setup for what engines

Notorio

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone have a picture of the manifold installed with the fuel rail in place? I'd just like to see the clearance left over in relation to where the lower part of the Trueleo welds up to the upper section.
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:

Does anyone have a picture of the manifold installed with the fuel rail in place? I'd just like to see the clearance left over in relation to where the lower part of the Trueleo welds up to the upper section.

Plenty of pictures here; https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/056333-2.html

fullcircle

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fullcircleSend a Private Message to fullcircleDirect Link to This Post
that thread confused me, does it or does it not fit under stock hood, i have a formula?
Alex4mula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fullcircle:

that thread confused me, does it or does it not fit under stock hood, i have a formula?

It did not fit my 88 Formula by about 3/16". Raydar had problems too in his Formula. He used a scoop. I raised the front of the hood until I decide what to do but it doesn't look right. Car is stranded anyway so not caring much by now.

Kohburn

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 188
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 02:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KohburnSend a Private Message to KohburnDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Alex4mula:

It did not fit my 88 Formula by about 3/16". Raydar had problems too in his Formula. He used a scoop. I raised the front of the hood until I decide what to do but it doesn't look right. Car is stranded anyway so not caring much by now.

was that the long runner or short runner intake?

Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 03:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kohburn:

was that the long runner or short runner intake?

I know Alex and Raydar's are Short Runner Intakes and they both have Formulas. On my Fastback GT, my Short Runner fits fine. The Long Runner appears to be shorter, but I don't know if its enough to fit under the notchie decklids.

Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the pictures
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post
Here is a picture of the stocker and the short runner, back to back.

I forget what the exact measurement was, but it seems like it's about 1.5 inches. I had an install thread that spelled it out exactly.
Mine hit the underside of my decklid, too. The place where it hit is where the "bump" tapers down into the flat part of the decklid.
I removed the inner layer (88s have two layers of fiberglass) and it still hit just a bit when the engine torqued back.

I believe the long runner version sits lower in this area.

PFF
System Bot
Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2006 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioDirect Link to This Post
Sorry to be a pest, but would it be possible to get these two measurements? No rush, for sure.

Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Notorio:
Sorry to be a pest, but would it be possible to get these two measurements? No rush, for sure.

I can get you a measurement for the stocker. The other one is installed, and I may not be able to get a clean shot with a tape measure.

My archived install thread here said that there was a full two inches difference. Pretty sure I measured it with a tape, since I knew the question would come up.

Notorio

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 08:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NotorioSend a Private Message to NotorioDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, Raydar, the stock height would be great. From your picture I can then apply "sophisticated image analysis techniques" to figure the height of the Trueleo to the top.
Francis T

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Francis TClick Here to visit Francis T's HomePageSend a Private Message to Francis TDirect Link to This Post
cut a toilet paper tube in half and then cut one of the halfs lenghtwise. Take that one with the second cut and fit it into the other one. tape one to the top of your stock intake, pull the tubes apart some and then close the hood. they should tellescope into each other and thus give you the exact amount of hood clearce you have above the stock intake. That 3/16" too high is the first we've heard of it not fitting and being American cars, I suspect it could vary that much from one Fiero to another.
jsshark1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2006 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jsshark1Send a Private Message to jsshark1Direct Link to This Post
I would like to put this on my motor upgrade, but I would ASUUM that this would not pass smog in CA
Fastback 86

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2006 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fastback 86Send a Private Message to Fastback 86Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by jsshark1:

I would like to put this on my motor upgrade, but I would ASUUM that this would not pass smog in CA

Depends on your Smog ref. If he/she doesn't know Fiero's and you paint it to match the valve covers, you might get away with it. I'm going to try. If it doesn't work, I still have the stock manifolds and it doesn't take that long to swap them back in. Hey, its only once every 2 years.

88 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2006 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 FormulaDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone installed the Trueleo on a notchie? Any problems fitting under hood? Thanks
Lilchief

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2006 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefDirect Link to This Post
I got one on my 85GT, it just barely rubs the deck lid. It's a short runner with a GN TB

------------------
85 GT 3.4
Auto 3.08
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60"

88 Formula

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2006 11:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88 FormulaSend a Private Message to 88 FormulaDirect Link to This Post
LiLChief,
does the engine hit the lid harder when torqing over under load?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 29 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock