Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! (Page 24)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 07-23-2010 08:47 PM
Replies: 2311 (31165 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 04-18-2017 06:55 PM
av8fiero

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW! LOL! It's not a contest. This appears to be getting a bit heated, there is nothing to get heated about. If my perception is wrong then my bad, if it's not then for lack of a better saying CHILL OUT [I'm an older guy, I don't know what all the cool kids say these days]

Bigjake/Aaron may not even do a swap if he can easily fix his 2.8. I'm sure swapping in a 3.4 and running the stock electronics and computer tune is Generally quite a bit easier to pull off vs. the 3400, but you have to admit the 3.4 camaro engine is nowhere near as commonly available as a 3400. The 3400 was/is in nearly everything GM for many years, the 3.4 was only in camaro/firebird for what, 3-4 years? The numbers don't lie. For that reason alone it may be a better option. For some the wiring/electronics/computer system is the easy part. BOTH swaps have been pulled off successfully many times over into a Fiero. Pick which ever swap you like better, and which best fills your needs, I don't care either way.

In my opinion, which is probably really only important to me, if it's not a v8 it's a waste of time. I'm not going to slam anyone for wanting to do something different than me though. I think all swaps are cool in their own ways. Look at all your options then BUILD WHATEVER YOU LIKE AND WHAT FITS YOUR SKILLSET BEST

edited to add lame humor-- WOW PAGE OWNAGE TWO IN A ROW! I MUST REALLY BE COOL LOL [in my own mind anyway]

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 04-30-2011).]

IP: Logged
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

WOW! LOL! It's not a contest. This appears to be getting a bit heated, there is nothing to get heated about. If my perception is wrong then my bad, if it's not then for lack of a better saying CHILL OUT [I'm an older guy, I don't know what all the cool kids say these days]

Bigjake/Aaron may not even do a swap if he can easily fix his 2.8. I'm sure swapping in a 3.4 and running the stock electronics and computer tune is Generally quite a bit easier to pull off vs. the 3400, but you have to admit the 3.4 camaro engine is nowhere near as commonly available as a 3400. The 3400 was/is in nearly everything GM for many years, the 3.4 was only in camaro/firebird for what, 3-4 years? The numbers don't lie. For that reason alone it may be a better option. For some the wiring/electronics/computer system is the easy part. BOTH swaps have been pulled off successfully many times over into a Fiero. Pick which ever swap you like better, and which best fills your needs, I don't care either way.

In my opinion, which is probably really only important to me, if it's not a v8 it's a waste of time. I'm not going to slam anyone for wanting to do something different than me though. I think all swaps are cool in their own ways. Look at all your options then BUILD WHATEVER YOU LIKE AND WHAT FITS YOUR SKILLSET BEST

edited to add lame humor-- WOW PAGE OWNAGE TWO IN A ROW! I MUST REALLY COOL LOL [in my own mind anyway]

U may own the page but ill always own the thread!!!!

So got alittle more welding done tonite, and I dont like the results, I tried to use the gasless weld wire and ill tell u it sucks ass! the stuff from harbor freight is horrible and kept getting stuck in the gun, after looking at the wire close it apears it has like a flash line on it from the forming procces, and it gets stuck in the gun tip, Also, the weld itself is shady at best I got full penetration with it but I dont like it, it was too hot of a weld and kept melting the sheetmetal rather than bonding it and burning thru it, I ended up coin weldin with it to make it work but I need gas I refuse to use it inside the car and in safty places like the cut at the front of the roof, its just too weak of a weld and the welding upsidown is a disaster with it the crap just slumps due to being too hot, the shielding gas cools it enuf so it dosent do that.
Foxy Fiero13

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
do u still need that windshield? ill have that 84 thursday or friday night lmk
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2011 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Foxy Fiero13:

do u still need that windshield? ill have that 84 thursday or friday night lmk

If u can get it out in one piece id take it otherwise av8fiero said he would sell me one as well

project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:
Hey guys I was thinking would you guys want to do a club shirt? The logo we have on our cars has to much small details in it to embroider into the shirt it just would not come out. have any ideas send them my way.. I was thinking your name on the front and a fiero logo on the back with the club name over it or if a website is started the sites name on it.

Our club's website is www.foxvalleyfieros.webs.com . If I'm not mistaken, I think 86fierofun created it.

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:
what do you guys think. The more shirts the better as it will keep the shipping costs down and shirt costs down. I was hoping to do a min of 10 shirts.

I like the idea of club shirts, and I'm fine with whatever club shirts you gentlemen come up with:

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:
I was just talking to foxy fiero last weekend about club shirts, I have posted on our club site that I want to do t-shirts at some point, I was looking into silk screening the logo so it could be done and then having everyones names on it too but if it could be embroiderd id be ok with the fiero logo and club name like u suggest!

86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Went to the NWTC car show today and met some very nice people. I was able to park next to a very nice yellow 87GT with a 3800sc in it. His name is Doug. Turns out he is from Neenah area and knows scott0999.

Talked to club members of Fiero Fanatics. They all want us to go to the Sturgeon Bay and WI Dells show. There are alot more shows in the area. Some have a Fiero class! (not for teaching or learning). Jets...LOL

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 06:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Aw i need to be learned a spell

did you get them to join our club?????
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2011 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, I forgot the stickers.
scott0999

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 01:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Went to the NWTC car show today and met some very nice people. I was able to park next to a very nice yellow 87GT with a 3800sc in it. His name is Doug. Turns out he is from Neenah area and knows scott0999.

Steve

yes I've met him. he also has one with a LS6 in it! went over to his place to check it out, amazing!
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey i have a question for someone(: Anyone willing to replace the rear manifold gasket for me PLEASE! Poor blue sounds like a tractor now. If you guys dont know blue shes new newest one to the family 87 gt. Name your price(: PB blasting the bolts as we speak.

[This message has been edited by Foxy Fiero13 (edited 05-02-2011).]

86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Name my price?

I may be able to help, though I've never done that on a v-6. I assume you mean exhaust manifold right?
PFF
System Bot
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2011 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yeah its the rear one. i don't think its gonna be to hard, but i've only had this thing for a week and i've already put like 30 man hours in this thing and now this is one thing i dont feel like doing lol
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
once you have the exhaust manifold off check it very carefully, they are notorious for cracking

hey Rob I need to start working on my quarter panels and door skins. what do you recommend for bonding the smc/fiberglass panels to the understructure, and also what should I use to bond the door panel pieces together?

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 05-03-2011).]

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2011 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by av8fiero:

once you have the exhaust manifold off check it very carefully, they are notorious for cracking

hey Rob I need to start working on my quarter panels and door skins. what do you recommend for bonding the smc/fiberglass panels to the understructure, and also what should I use to bond the door panel pieces together?

Hmmm buble gum? the factory seemed to use it all over my car lol!! seriously tho depends how permident u want those panels to be, if u want them to never come of id do a countersunk rivit covered by 8115 panel adhesive also throw a bead of adhesive under the panels. the stuff seems to stick to everything just scuff it up a bit on the bonded surface.
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I appreciate all of the help. My internet was out for a bit. I think i'm going to try to find a 3.4. I need as direct swap as possible. so i can get it done.

Jake
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Jake, did any of those storms affect you down there? hope you made it through unscathed. So repairing the 2.8 is something major? Well I'm sure 86soon and project34 can give you all kinds of great info and help if you do a 3.4 swap as they both have running 3.4 swaps and experience doing this swap . If you're going to be doing it up here I can possibly lend a hand if you need it. Talk to you later

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 05-04-2011).]

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2011 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No lots of rain, we made it through. The 2.8 is still good and the job shouldnt be too bad. I'm just looking at my options for a swap to decide if i just want to do a sawp instaed as it is on the long range plan anyway.
I'm still waiting to hear about my 383 repairs. I cant wait til i can get that down here..
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-06-2011 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
BUMP
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2011 01:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
steve if u can give me a call so we can discuss this business matter we have 1-262-498-1820
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, I'm at the local Pick A Part. I'm looking for a 3.4 for swap and I spy a engine sitting on a cradle in the back of an old pick up. It looked like it was placed there by angles. SOOOO i look further, and see the snout of a supercherger....I look further and see it is a 3800 series II. Well all engines are 190 bucks. I wonder if I should get it i'm thinking. Look at this pic and tell me what my answer was.

I couldnt let this pass by. Yes I got it. This pic was taken of my trunk when I got home...lol

And Jets...no you still cant have it.

Jake
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
nice score Jake! You'll definitely make some power with that

[This message has been edited by av8fiero (edited 05-08-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
scott999 i hear ur looking for a pw switch i might have a extra if u need lmk
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-08-2011 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does my spidy sence detect a limo transaction??????
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
possibly idk how ima get it to steve tho
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

scott999 i hear ur looking for a pw switch i might have a extra if u need lmk

thanks for offering but I just got them at the yard. I was antsy and wanted to see them work lol. both sides work now
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey everyone!! so the 68 corvette got apraised today and........I knocked it outa the park and outa the universe!! the aprasier could not believe the work I did to it and said its by far the most radically done corvette he has ever seen!! He was just awe struck, he had trouble setting a value I aparently set a new bar!! I knocked his socks off with the last car but this one I think gave him a minor heart attack!
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:
Hey everyone!! so the 68 corvette got apraised today and........I knocked it outa the park and outa the universe!! the aprasier could not believe the work I did to it and said its by far the most radically done corvette he has ever seen!! He was just awe struck, he had trouble setting a value I aparently set a new bar!! I knocked his socks off with the last car but this one I think gave him a minor heart attack!

A C3 Corvette I saw when I stopped by your place to see how you were doing after those nasty storms we had in Menasha earlier this Spring looked nowhere near finished to me. This is a different C3, right?

In any case, have you pictures you can post of this "knock-your-socks-off" C3 you just mentioned? Curiosity is killing me.

P.S.: I hope that your home's damaged roof is now reasonably water-tight before our next round of storms hits. The weather we've had has been so ratty, it seems even the #@&!!*! lake flies don't want to come out yet, despite Mother's Day having already passed.
av8fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for av8fieroSend a Private Message to av8fieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That vette is truly a work of art Rob. Exceptional work. Seeing that car in person, it's so nice I'd be afraid to drive it. Congrats on the appraisal........

.....made a bunch of progress on my chopper today. I'll post a link to my thread when I upload the pics. Watch out Rob I may beat you done
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

A C3 Corvette I saw when I stopped by your place to see how you were doing after those nasty storms we had in Menasha earlier this Spring looked nowhere near finished to me. This is a different C3, right?

In any case, have you pictures you can post of this "knock-your-socks-off" C3 you just mentioned? Curiosity is killing me.

P.S.: I hope that your home's damaged roof is now reasonably water-tight before our next round of storms hits. The weather we've had has been so ratty, it seems even the #@&!!*! lake flies don't want to come out yet, despite Mother's Day having already passed.

The house is almost fixed, far as the car its a 68 427 vettrod convertible built with zero budget limit, I took chris av8fiero to see it the other day and well I think it spoke for itself lol!! here are some pics:

Tomorrow I will take alot of better pics so U can see all of the modifications better the pics dont do it justice.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 05-09-2011).]

phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by scott0999:

thanks for offering but I just got them at the yard. I was antsy and wanted to see them work lol. both sides work now

There were three separate groups pillaging the Fieros at Gibsons today.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

There were three separate groups pillaging the Fieros at Gibsons today.

WOw word spreads quick about our little stash! I thought I marked out territory pretty well on all the windshields lol!!
PFF
System Bot
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
guess it wasnt well enough
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Foxy Fiero13

1496 posts
Member since Mar 2008
oh and btw rob i got the rear defroster glass out of the 84 in one piece
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2011 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

oh and btw rob i got the rear defroster glass out of the 84 in one piece

U should have done a how to thread on it, Alot of guys on here would love to get theirs out in once piece!

scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yup I was at gibsons today. BTW which one of you is Tim?
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2011 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
im mike =)
Foxy Fiero13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Foxy Fiero13Send a Private Message to Foxy Fiero13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump anyone wanna help me get the spark plug sleeve out of the head?
phonedawgz

Feedback score:    (23)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 290
Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for phonedawgzClick Here to visit phonedawgz's HomePageSend a Private Message to phonedawgzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I'm Timm
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-11-2011 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey! I am ROB!!!!!! anybody got a peanut?
scott0999

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2011 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for scott0999Send a Private Message to scott0999Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by phonedawgz:

Yeah I'm Timm

oh so that was you I met? sorry I wasnt very talkative, I was on a mission to get the switches before going into work
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock