Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The official Fox Valley Fieros forum thread come join us here in central Wisconsin!!! by jetsnvettes2000
Started on: 07-23-2010 08:47 PM
Replies: 2311 (31164 views)
Last post by: av8fiero on 04-18-2017 06:55 PM
Bigjake34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I will relay that info. The speedo is a interesting issue. They do have the old th125 sitting there and the speed sensor is supposed to be a direct exchange. Steve said he was going to try to install it. I was thinking of getting a self calibrating speedo, but only if they can get the sender to work. I have to admit I'm curious as to how they are going to solve that issue. I will prolly order the side scoops for them, cuz they look cool and Will unleash even more power.
IP: Logged
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigjake34:
As for the scoop, I looked at the link those are nice, but did he say he was Fabbing the scoop or that they were going to have me order them?

He and I didn't get into specifics like that on Saturday. I'd characterize our discussion as more theoretical, one of those "what-if?" discussions that car guys sometimes get into, but in this case, a discussion that clearly seemed to give him some "food for thought" regarding a ram air setup for your Fiero not terribly dissimilar from my own.

The details about how to execute a ram air setup like that are in this archived thread on Pennock's Fiero Forum, "pictures of side scoops-please post yours" ( //www.fiero.nl/forum/A...090219-2-085430.html ), and more specifically, in the section where I pester the daylights out of helpful fellow PFF member, Mike Murphy, for specifics on how to construct such a setup (including even the type of glue to use).

Other than to say and show that my modified Fiero Warehouse side scoop is bonded to my car's left rear quarter panel to make it fully functional, I didn't get into those specifics with any of your friends who are working on your car, so the aforementioned thread on PFF may be of interest to both them and you.

The only differences between Mike Murphy's setup and my own are that I found through experience that the metal screen he (prudently) used near the face of his side scoop as a precaution to keep out leaves or other detritus simply wasn't necessary with my Fiero, so mine doesn't have one; also, mine doesn't sport the "RAM AIR V6" badge his does.

In any case, I hope the above info regarding a ram air setup helps your friends who are setting up your car, as well as you.
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, I'll forward that info. I did find the fiero warehouse scoops. They have an ebay store. So jeff will be getting them soon. They are pretty good at fabbing stuff so I'm confident he will be able to make them look good. They are also doing the front under hood vents to help cooling and limit the headlight pop-up issues as well.
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey Aaron one of the questions they had was about height of the intake and carb clearance of the rear decklid, I told them to grab a 80's mustang 5.0 hood scoop and mount it backwards and trim off the bump in decklid to make the hole for carb their is alot of guys on the forum here runnin them on their car and they look really good ill be adding one to mine as well ill try and find a good pic of it and post it

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 11-08-2010).]

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YAY!!! we solved the Speedometer issue. I bought a 200 MPH GPS speedometer...it even has a Fiero logo on it. Here is a link to the site.

http://www.speedhut.com/cus...-auto_number-821.htm

Check it out...Just in case you need a new speedo.

Jake
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bigjake34

291 posts
Member since Sep 2010
YAY!!! we solved the Speedometer issue. I bought a 200 MPH GPS speedometer...it even has a Fiero logo on it. Here is a link to the site.

Jake
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bigjake34:

Jake

Good find, after seeing yours working awile I may go same route when I do custom interior after chop id like to get rid of the gauge pod !

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 11-09-2010).]

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jetsnvettes2000:
hey Aaron one of the questions they had was about height of the intake and carb clearance of the rear decklid, I told them to grab a 80's mustang 5.0 hood scoop and mount it backwards and trim off the bump in decklid to make the hole for carb their is alot of guys on the forum here runnin them on their car and they look really good ill be adding one to mine as well ill try and find a good pic of it and post it

That scoop looks great, but as a practical matter, to avoid inviting water into it, regardless of whether you're washing your car or unfortunately have been caught in an unexpected rainstorm, a raised scoop opening, something more along the lines of this one, seems a more sensible design to me:

Originally posted by Mike Murphy:

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2010 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL...ok I couldnt help it...I had to get the matching Tach for my ride. The speedo and Tach will both have the Fiero logo and be awsome...I can't wait to see them.
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So hey guys we may have a new member soon, I tracked down the guy w the white notchy bumper pad duke here in menasha finally, he stoped in at manderfields bakery this mornin and I gave him the web adress to our club site! he had no idea we ever were around lol! so yup my car maby hibernating for the winter but im still out lookin for the club!
PFF
System Bot
86fierofun

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 86fierofunSend a Private Message to 86fierofunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its official. in 47 mins i will technically be Fieroless
project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So hey guys we may have a new member soon, I tracked down the guy w the white notchy bumper pad duke here in menasha finally, he stoped in at manderfields bakery this mornin and I gave him the web adress to our club site! he had no idea we ever were around lol!

That makes him and me even because although I certainly believe you, I don't recall ever having seen a white notchie anywhere around here --- a white GT yes, but not a white notchie. Accordingly, if he had no idea we ever were around, I had no idea he was ever around.

Anyway, jetsnvettes2000, I think yours is good news: Our little club appears to continue to expand well beyond what I would have expected earlier.

Originally posted by Ramsespride:
Its official. in 47 mins i will technically be Fieroless

Ramsespride, have you a plan you can share with all of us here for rectifying that unfortunate situation?
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

Ramsespride, have you a plan you can share with all of us here for rectifying that unfortunate situation?

Step 1: Sell the Camaro and use that money coupled with the cash from the Fiero sale, a few small odds and ends Fiero related, and whats left from my last paycheck to find, and buy a decent 87 or 88 GT. Drive it till the 2.8 dies then do a 3400Supercharged swap. Yes i said 3400 Supercharged swap.
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by project34:

his name is paul I see him alot over twards pdq gas station and well finally met up w him as he went to the bakery same time as me on another note I spotted a burgendy and silver gt today turning down the road to the grand chute police department I wonder who it is ill be lookin for it too! he had collectors plates on it and dead headlight motors it apears if I see him again ill stalk him! lol

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
So today I had a HUGE! chance of luck I finally found the matching leatheret for my already half leatheret interior for the gt!!! finally I can finish the door panels the way I had intended!!!!! now just to find time to get it done!! and if u guys look on craigslist for millwaukee type in kit car their is a cimbria body and a valkarie gt40 body both on their one for a grand and one for 2 grand If they are still their in a few months when I get taxes back I have a huge club project ahead I want to gut my gt and make it a.................gt!!! i have been lookin for one of those bodys for about two years and well their she be!!! now to get the money before its gone!

Steve if u want to modify the center council I made in your car I will prob have some left over and I have three yards of black fabric now I am not going to use since I found the leatheret i needed so if anybody wants it ten bucks its yours!
86soon3.4

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jets~are you talking about the maroon 87?

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2010 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:

Jets~are you talking about the maroon 87?

Steve

yes i am the white one may be for sale soon i have somthin big up my sleeve ill be lookin for a 88 i want the better suspension if i get those car bodys im after if I can manage to snag them id hate to cut up the gt its just in too good of shape unless I choptop it and keep it that way lol so many things to decide~!!!
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 02:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How much for the 87 Rob? i might be putting the Camaro up on EBAY seeing as i had good luck with the Fiero and im techinally Fieroless
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ramsespride

1979 posts
Member since Feb 2010

------------------

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmmm well depends on finding a decent 88 as a doner for the chassi and then havin enuf left over to get the valkarie body so id say couple grand its about what i got into it bringin it back to life but then again maby ill keep it id still like to chop it ill decide more twards spring and if i can get ahold of that body or not by then, if its sold ill be keepin the 87 for shure and starting the widebody along w the chop I just figured by gettin the fiberfab valkarie body it would save me time since thats the look im going for anyway w all the mods
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2010 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
who made your signature id like one for myself eventually

Originally posted by Ramsespride:

Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2010 02:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump,
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bigjake~ did they get the hotrod running yet?

Steve
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tried several times to sign up on the Fox Valley Fieros web site without success. Is there a problem or don't you allow ex-Wisconsinites to join? I still follow Greenbay and visit at least twice a year.....does that help?

------------------
1988 GT
Manual
Medium Red Metallic
Gray Leather

86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 04:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Vernon8360~pm sent

Steve
Vernon8360

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 06:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got it. Issues solved. Thanks
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Beast is not on the road as yet. I believe it is close. They fixed the axel and had to replace the rear hubs, as they were bad. The new speedo and side scoops should be there in a day or 2 then after brakes, it's off to paint. Hope to get the usual video from the friends of a V-8 fiero stting idleing in the driveway...then a burnout....lol.

Aaron

------------------
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

project34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vernon8360:
Tried several times to sign up on the Fox Valley Fieros web site without success. Is there a problem or don't you allow ex-Wisconsinites to join? I still follow Greenbay and visit at least twice a year.....does that help?

Originally posted by 86soon3.4:
Vernon8360~pm sent
Steve

Originally posted by Vernon8360:
Got it. Issues solved. Thanks

If that means we've yet another addition to our apparently still-expanding club (i.e., you), welcome aboard!
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Het guys went out to gibbys today to see if they got any more cars in and yup two more fieros on the lot! they both have alot of decent parts left in them and really great trim plastics like the radio bezels, the one has a fantastic cradle its a 85 they pulled the engine and trani so the cradle is just under the car bolted back in if u need a cradle thats the one to buy its way to remove! also same car it has power locks and windows if u need any of those parts. Id have pulled it all out being the hoarder i am but lucky for u guys im broke till after christmas nows your chance!!!!! lol its the black one on the end by the way and the red one next to it, i stuck the keys for the red one under the drivers seat cause it has a nice lock set in it so if ur needing one like steve does ehhem.... its their for ya to go get!

edit they also told me they will be getting in a few more by spring, rawhide boys ranch has a few they havent been able to sell so they are goin to gibbys.

[This message has been edited by jetsnvettes2000 (edited 11-20-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2010 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jetsnvettes2000

3311 posts
Member since Dec 2009
So at bone yard today I was scoping out ideas for my gt since the kit car bodys were sold and I stumbled apon a caddi caterra that was smacked in the side w the 32 valve northstar un molested and decent miles if it can fit in the fiero I might use it as a swap they will sell it to me for a grand w trani and wiring cross your fingers its their at tax time! also hey rams your gona hate me guess what i found, a brand new set of alpine 5 inch round mids w tweeter centers still in box! hahahaha na na na na they charged me five bucks each for them! hehehehehe hahahahha! it pays to search locked trunks!
Ramsespride

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2010 02:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RamsesprideSend a Private Message to RamsesprideEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So at bone yard today I was scoping out ideas for my gt since the kit car bodys were sold and I stumbled apon a caddi caterra that was smacked in the side w the 32 valve northstar un molested and decent miles if it can fit in the fiero I might use it as a swap they will sell it to me for a grand w trani and wiring cross your fingers its their at tax time! also hey rams your gona hate me guess what i found, a brand new set of alpine 5 inch round mids w tweeter centers still in box! hahahaha na na na na they charged me five bucks each for them! hehehehehe hahahahha! it pays to search locked trunks!

Dangit and i thought i was the king of junkyard audio GRRRRRRRRRR
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump!!...whoo...I saved it. My Beast is on wheels and awaiting a few small details. Then off to paint. The Swap is done and it is almost road ready..I can't wait.

Jake
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL they better add ski's it was snowin here this morning but it all melted id bet within next two weeks we get a dumpin!
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-24-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL..ya prolly. It has been cold here, but no snow as yet. They say they get lots here about 2 feet on the ground during winter, my FOB is 8500 feet up in the mountains. A place called Gardez
86soon3.4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86soon3.4Send a Private Message to 86soon3.4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump to the top

Steve
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-26-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to the moon! well if at least a moment lol!
Bigjake34

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 08:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bigjake34Send a Private Message to Bigjake34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, From all reports my car will be moving under it's own power this weekend.....and paint next weekend...I hope it goes as planned...oh and I see your bump and raise you a bump.

jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2010 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hmmmmm bump you too lol!!! so seriously tho its gona be a runner this weekend cool so what did they ever do about the exhaust hittin the cradle in those spots?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 58 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49   50   51   52   53   54   55   56   57   58 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock