Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109275 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to get some work done on the DD yesterday and to top it off Greyhound got my new front end in so I was able to get started on it as well.
here are some pic's of how the car is looking now. I should have it ready for paint by the end of the mounth.
I have a few more things to finish up first but getting close.
D.

IP: Logged
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 09:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by whodeanie:

once I get the DD out to paint I will be starting on Clay's Diablo as well as others.
D.
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What is clay using for the chassis for the Diablo ?

A stretched fiero, custom tube chassis, or something else ??
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by exoticse:

What is clay using for the chassis for the Diablo ?

A stretched fiero, custom tube chassis, or something else ??

A Fiero chassis

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2010 01:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think the position of the rocker scoops is fine. It lines up with the door edge. Are those made of plastic or fiberglass?
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean
is that the same rear spoiler from the chop top or did you make another one. (and if you made a second one would you be interested in making another?)
nice work again....btw
al
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

I think the position of the rocker scoops is fine. It lines up with the door edge. Are those made of plastic or fiberglass?

That is exactly what I was thinking! they are fiberglass

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by ace5514:

Dean
is that the same rear spoiler from the chop top or did you make another one. (and if you made a second one would you be interested in making another?)
nice work again....btw
al

it is the deck lid from the choptop. I am not happy with the way that first spoiler turned out so I am going to re do it and when I do I may pull a mold from it.
I decided to use it on the DD because I am going to do something totaly wild on the choptop later.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
that spoiler is exactly what i had in mind for mine, so if you do pull a mold before i get around to making one let me know, i may be interested. it would probably be cheaper for me to make but it will be faster if i buy one. half a dozen of one six of another...
al

both look great keep up the good work i am learning a lot from guys like you!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

any pictures of the painted wheels yet ?
buger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bugerClick Here to visit buger's HomePageSend a Private Message to bugerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CowsPatoot:

Always fun to meet new people from the forums. Between Tha Driver and Whodeanie, it was a great way to break up the trip.

The man behind the car...

Who's car is this? I really would like to see the finished product! Much appreciated!!!!!
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2010 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by buger:

Who's car is this? I really would like to see the finished product! Much appreciated!!!!!

That is Dean's (whodeanie) custom widebody choptop that he is building.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000013.html
buger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 04:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bugerClick Here to visit buger's HomePageSend a Private Message to bugerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
exoticse, Thx for the link and info! now im up to speed! Man, what a beautiful car!!!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Choptop is a work in progress, it still has a long way to go and I keep changing things on it. Funds are the only reason it is not done yet

Tony, no wheel pic's yet, the painter I have doing them is a bit of a flake he has them painted but has not got them clear coated yet for some unknown reason.
I am looking for a new body and paint guy in the area that will do what they say and get this car done, I will have my part done by this weekend but depending on someone else to get the paint and body done I may be going to Daytona in primer that will piss me off!!!!!!

on the rear spoiler the reason I redid it was because when I made the first one for the choptop I just cut out a piece of MDF wood for the pattern and it was not even from one side to the other and it also hade a wave on the lip. it would have taken me a week of sanding and reglassing to fix it so I just cut it off and made a new one and it already looks way better. this time I used a piece of 1/4" round steal and rolled it to get the shape I wanted, then I covered it and glassed it lastnight I will need to do more glasswork to it to get it done but is worth it.

I was also able to finish the mirror mount in the passanger side of the car as well as finish some other glass work. one other thing I did was talk to Will and he is sending me some new GT badges that I will be using on the car. I used the ones I had for the choptop to make the cut outs in the fenders and get them fit so I would not have to wait on the new ones.
anyway here are some pic's
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean that is really looking hot !

I absolutely love the badge and the badge placement. Going to have to get me one, and i already have something to replace the GTP lettering !

Also agree the new lip spoiler also now looks better too.

Sucks about the painter. Hopefully you did not give him too much cash up front ? That seems to be the recipe for disaster in the paint, body, and kit car industry. Let's hope he finishes what he started.

Good luck and keep plugging away !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-26-2010).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Dean that is really looking hot !

I absolutely love the badge and the badge placement. Going to have to get me one, and i already have something to replace the GTP lettering !

Also agree the new lip spoiler also now looks better too.

Sucks about the painter. Hopefully you did not give him too much cash up front ? That seems to be the recipe for disaster in the paint, body, and kit car industry. Let's hope he finishes what he started.

Good luck and keep plugging away !

the badge that I used in the pic goes to the choptop, I used it for mockup Will is sending me ones with just GT on them.
as far as giving the painter money up front, I know better than that I only gave him 200 for the suply's.
one way or another I will get it done
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
last night I whent to the painters to see my wheels and they are almost done, I love the way they look and I can't wait to get them mounted and on the car.
the color of the car will be the same as the outer lip of the wheels.
D.

here is a pic that I got.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 01-27-2010).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Meet Whodeanie's Customs!

If you want to know what BRM is all about you gotta come to Daytona!

One more thing I almost forgot, yesterday I met with a shirt printer and I will have 12 shirts made up by next week as a start.
anyone that wants one I will be selling them for 20.00 just PM me with your info as well as size. I hope to have more printed as money allows.
thanks, Dean

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2010 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
I just ordered a few things from the Fiero store today for the DD. a new set of door glass weather strips and giuide pads as well as a set os SS brake lines to go with my new 13" brake kit that will be going on the car. I am going down to the garage to work on the car now so once I get more done I will post it later.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
today I was able to get a lot done on the car. almost all the parts are ready for the body shop. I was able to get the rear spoiler glassed today. I was also able to work on the tail light panel, I got all the lights fitted now I have to make the mounts for them as well as the tabs for the panel that will hold it in place. after that I need to finish the inside part of the pass. side mirror mount and 2 little tweaks to the rear bumper ie. LED back up lights mounted on eather side of the licence plate and finishing the plate light openings. then it is all about the sanding
D.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 12:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

last night I whent to the painters to see my wheels and they are almost done, I love the way they look and I can't wait to get them mounted and on the car.
the color of the car will be the same as the outer lip of the wheels.
D.

here is a pic that I got.

So, is that a blue-ish silver on the wheels? Nice wheels.

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yes, it is called Titanium from a 97 lotus.
it should look good on the DD. I wanted a bright clean color that would show off the lines of the car well.
I have 2 little things to finish on the body and then off to paint.
thanks Rob
D.
ace5514

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dean,
where did you get the fog lights for the DD 355 bumper, they look great and since i have the same bumper...
no i am not going to copy EVERYTHING you do! lol
al
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

dean,
where did you get the fog lights for the DD 355 bumper, they look great and since i have the same bumper...
no i am not going to copy EVERYTHING you do! lol
al

here is the link for the lights they are the 90mm ones that match the F1F headlight setup.
D.

http://www.rallylights.com/detail.aspx?ID=132
hksteck84

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hksteck84Send a Private Message to hksteck84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The badge is SWEET.
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also re-designed my cover using a factory piece.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2010 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

I also re-designed my cover using a factory piece.

yea, I worked on it for a while and got it to work but then I found the seabring column and it works and looks way better than the cover did.
the problem with the cover was the tilt on the GM column. I could get it to look correct and fit but if you wanted to tilt the wheel it would not work right and the one other thing was the key and key lock. did you get yours to work?
I would love to see it.
D.

the badges were made for me by infinitewill. the GTP ones in the picture where used as a mock up for the GT ones being sent to me. the GTP ones are for my choptop project.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 01-29-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yea, I worked on it for a while and got it to work but then I found the seabring column and it works and looks way better than the cover did.
the problem with the cover was the tilt on the GM column. I could get it to look correct and fit but if you wanted to tilt the wheel it would not work right and the one other thing was the key and key lock. did you get yours to work?
I would love to see it.
D.

It fits fine with the Fi355 dash now, but it did require alot of re-working the shape to make it fit.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK, I see how you did it. you set yours up to go behind the tilt. I was going all the way to the wheel with the one I was working on.
nice jub as always Rob

I am getting ready to go to the world of wheels now. some of the bikes I helped build will be there so I will get some pic's of them to post in OT.
D.
IVANNATINKLE

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IVANNATINKLESend a Private Message to IVANNATINKLEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
weekends up!! anything good?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 09:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IVANNATINKLE:

weekends up!! anything good?

this weekend we whent to the World of wheels in Atlanta. lots of nice cars and way too many people as always.
I did post a few pic's in OT.
here is a pic of me, Ben, and Ron the one and only guy to have a Fiero in the show.

next year we will have to change that

After the show we whent to look at a guys 355 kit car for some work.
sunday I worked on the DD for a while doing some finish work on a few parts so I can get them to paint, not much to see.
the one pic I did take was of the drivers side rocker now in primer. one thing you will notice I did mold the rocker, front molding and the rear quarter into one piece.
I did this for a few reasons but the main reason was for ease of install. I don't have to line up all the parts again after paint.
D.

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2010 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2010 08:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
my new shop shirts are in
anyone that wants one send me a PM.

help support my new shop only 20 ea.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 10:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update :
I have been working on the DD the last few days finishing up a few things on it. the passanger side mirror is now finish mounted as well as a cote of E-dead on the doors inside and out and new weather strips installed.
I was also able to finish up the rear spoiler and now it is just a lot of sanding
the last part I am working on is the tail light panel I am about 1/2 done with it still need to make the mounts for the lights as well as the mounts to the car.
I should be able to wrap it all up this weekend. once that happens I will be starting on the Diablo project.
I will keep you posted.
D.
JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 11:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How does E dead compare to dynamat looks easier to apply in tite spots
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPH87:

How does E dead compare to dynamat looks easier to apply in tite spots

I like both myself, the e-dead is great for getting in places you can not get with dynamat. and it is also way less money 50 bucks a gal. and you can do the whole inside of the car with 1.
you can not get 2 sheets of dynamat for that. the e-dead does cut down a lot of noise most at the high end to give the car a more solid sound rather than like a can.

JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 11:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2010 06:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JPH87:

Thanks for the info

your welcome,

I may have found a shop today 5 bays and about 4500 sq ft
the rent is not bad and the best thing is in the front building is a custom paint shop and in the back is an upholstery shop. this would work out great for me because I could do everything in one location.
I am going to meet with the owner this next week.
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean some other examples in reference to our discussion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPfyK2HSguI

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-06-2010).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have some cool ideas but I don't want to share them here yet now I just need someone to step up with a car and cash to make them come alive
D.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock