Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109276 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking at the pics again, I vote you should get those orange front turn signals "smoked" to match the rest of the grey/black/silver theme
IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-16-2010 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Looking at the pics again, I vote you should get those orange front turn signals "smoked" to match the rest of the grey/black/silver theme

LOL! I am already working on that as well as the LED marker lights. the front it done and I will get the rear done this week. it looks way better this way. I had not done it before the parade because I ran out of time but it will be done for Daytona

on other news I was able to get my tools moved into the shop today and got started on the 355 project. so for now on the garage will be for parking only
I will try and get pics posted in the morning.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 07:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was finaly able to get time to load the pics of the DD rear bumper, shots from the parade, new side lights, and the new shop getting set up.
enjoy
D.

exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Love it !
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 10:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very modern and umm, just friggin BAD ASS... Very IMPRESSED! I can not wait to get another Fiero, because I am waaaaaay behind. lol

------------------
SMTHGT.....

1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Now that's a money shot, I love the spoiler, wonder how it would look on a notchie??

Also, did you ever consider leaving a lit up PONTIAC in the middle of those taillights, with the gunmetal color I think it would look great.
but then again, maybe I just like the PONTIAC in the taillights because I don't have it with the formula...
85SEnochie

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85SEnochieSend a Private Message to 85SEnochieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was finaly able to get time to load the pics of the DD rear bumper, shots from the parade, new side lights, and the new shop getting set up.
enjoy
D.

DD Love the look I was wondering what rear bumper it was but found it back a few pages. those wheels are yummmmmmy!

Congrats on a job WELL done

------------------

Love The Excitement! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/068738.html

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work Dean...looked like a fun day.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks, guys
the rear spoiler would work on any Fiero. I did not make a mold of it but if anyone wants one I would just need to get out an old deck lid and make one to get a mold from.
that will be one of the items I will be making by this summer.
D.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
gotta say it man, that is a Very nice looking car now. Really like the custom yet subtle mods to the body. I am a fan of the mustang like decklid scoop and that rear bumper is also beautiful. Is that something you intend to sell? Again beautiful work and it looks like that paint job is pretty well done. Still might get you to hook me up with your paint supplier but I have a lot of work to do on the body before I get there. I am gonna be driving down to florida this coming week on wednesday morning. Are you gonna be already on the road to Daytona by then? Might drop in for a few minutes to meet ya and see these beautiful cars in person. Real nice work my friend, real nice!! peace

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 05:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Pete Matos:

gotta say it man, that is a Very nice looking car now. Really like the custom yet subtle mods to the body. I am a fan of the mustang like decklid scoop and that rear bumper is also beautiful. Is that something you intend to sell? Again beautiful work and it looks like that paint job is pretty well done. Still might get you to hook me up with your paint supplier but I have a lot of work to do on the body before I get there. I am gonna be driving down to florida this coming week on wednesday morning. Are you gonna be already on the road to Daytona by then? Might drop in for a few minutes to meet ya and see these beautiful cars in person. Real nice work my friend, real nice!! peace

I will not be leaving for Daytona untill friday morning because I have too many things going on that I have to get done on other cars and I can't spare any more time away from them.
so I will be here at the shop working until the 25th and I will be back home sunday night.
D.

PFF
System Bot
Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2010 05:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool man if you do not mind an impromptu visit for a little while I will give you a call when I am near your area. I promise I will try to not drool on your cars........much....ahem.

Pete
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-19-2010 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working on getting a few more things for the shop but due to funds I will have to get them when I can.
but other than that I have gotten the shop set up and running.
I have started work on the 355 as well as the Diablo. the first order on the Diablo is the chassis strech after I finish the reinforcements.

the 355 is getting a few things fixed as well as a new top, That is right, I said a new top! the cat is out of the bag now.
none of the 355 kit tops look right or even work corectly so that is one of my first shop builds that will be up for sale once I get it all worked out on this car.

Bigger News I will also be working on a convertable kit for the Fiero as well. I am not sure on price yet and it will not be till late summer before I will have them for sale. I have 2 differant style Fiero tops at the shop and I want to use things from each of them into one great top.
I will keep you posted as I can on this but as I said it will take me some time to get it where I want it before I have them up for sale.
D.
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post03-19-2010 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Incredible! Love the color. What a great thread to read.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2010 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That rear bumper is awesome. Will it fit notchies? And I think you said the rear spoiler will. I like how you changed the angle from the lights down! That totally changes and updates the car!!!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2010 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

That rear bumper is awesome. Will it fit notchies? And I think you said the rear spoiler will. I like how you changed the angle from the lights down! That totally changes and updates the car!!!

Thanks, guys

the rear bumper is a one off but yes I could make one for a notch back as well. I would love to have someone send me a nitchie to play with, all I have here is fastbacks and kit cars so without one I can not make parts for them but I am sure I will have one to work on soon.

just a little off topic but yesterday afternoon I was asked to bring my HD Nightrain to a pro builder show at a local HD dealer so I did. I entered it into the show and got first place in my class. this qualified me as an international pro bike builder listed on their database from this I also picked up some fiberglass work for bikes as well.
to win this show was a great deal for me and my shop, even though it was a bike show and not a car show it still gets my name out there. I am sure car shows will not be far behind.
as I once said I will work on anything with wheels
I will try to get a pic of my car and bike together and post them.

I would like to say thanks to all the support and kind words from all of you and look forward to working with you in the near future.

Bridgetown

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car really wants you to make a new rear bumper for her!!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean,

Our mutual friend dropped off the special package for you today, i will bring it with me to Daytona.

nathrak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-24-2010 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nathrakSend a Private Message to nathrakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, you want a notchie to play with???? Heh, I have two. Feel free to come by Sunday and pick one to take back with you I'll have my gold one with me at Daytona but my maroon one is only 25 miles away at the homestead in Sanford (near the auto train). I would just need the car back sooner or later.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Dean,

Our mutual friend dropped off the special package for you today, i will bring it with me to Daytona.

He called me and let me know that you would have it

I am getting things ready to go today, I will be heading out in the morning and should be in Daytona by late afternoon.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by nathrak:

Dean, you want a notchie to play with???? Heh, I have two. Feel free to come by Sunday and pick one to take back with you I'll have my gold one with me at Daytona but my maroon one is only 25 miles away at the homestead in Sanford (near the auto train). I would just need the car back sooner or later.

I am trailering mine down and only have room for 1. do now have a notchie that will be at the shop soon as a parts car that I will be using to make new parts from soon

since I have had people ask about the 355 rear I built I will post in the mall to see if it is worth making a mold from it, if so I plan to make one for the GT and the notchie.
D.
PFF
System Bot
fierodustin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodustinSend a Private Message to fierodustinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm sure it was discussed somewhere but can you direct me to the page or give me some info on your decklid cowl.

Thanks,
Dustin
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierodustin:

I'm sure it was discussed somewhere but can you direct me to the page or give me some info on your decklid cowl.

Thanks,
Dustin

it is one from a Mustang that has been done by several people here. some times you can find them in the Mall as well.
Logan

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LoganSend a Private Message to LoganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hello

------------------
1987 Fiero SE 3800 series 2 swap

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2010 10:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, Back
are you asking me to do this swap for you or are you just showing me what you have? LOL!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean the car looked outstanding !

Pictures are a joke, the car looks even better in person.

ALLTRBO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, I recently saw the parade pics and the letters "DD" in the same thread, I thought "Jeez, I must've missed something in the last several months!" I'm all caught up now. You're amazing! If I had your skill, motivation, time, and oh, skill again, yours would probably be my dream job. That plus GT type racing on the weekends.

That DD is very sexy, other than two things that aren't to my personal taste (and you're replacing one of them). Many people would love to have it as their weekend/show only car, I'm sure.

Anything with wheels and an engine? Lemme see, how far is Georgia? Hmm... I'll send a PM as soon as I get a chance (gotta run).

(repeat) Hmm...

--------------------------
'88 Fiero GT - coming soon! - Project MIDTRBO
The rest of my cars are all - FOR SALE

There's no replacement for turbo placement

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 03-28-2010).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 10:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Deans' DD does stand out with a unique look doesn't it?
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-28-2010 10:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Amida

2354 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Dean, How much did you lower the car? for some reason it looks alot lower than the other cars. I know the new nose & rockers sit lower than stock, but did you drop it over 2" ?

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2010 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Dean, How much did you lower the car? for some reason it looks alot lower than the other cars. I know the new nose & rockers sit lower than stock, but did you drop it over 2" ?

I noticed that my self when I saw the pic's from the parade. I am not sure how much I lowered it, I used 1-1/2" lowering springs in the front but I think it lowered it more like 2-1/4 and the rear I have coil overs and I just set them where it looked good. I can tell you this, it is too low for the trailer with the chin spoiler on the car lets just say that with the chin spoiler and the rockers on the car I can not get into my shop driveway without hitting something because of the drain ditch along the street. I am going to make some sort of a ramp to go over it so I can get in and out. that is the price you pay for a cool car sometimes. other than that I love the car.
D.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Dean,

Had jscott1 do a little photoshop for you, just messing around.

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I thouhgt about it but it it a DD and I am happy with the way it looks as is.
D.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Hey Dean,

Had jscott1 do a little photoshop for you, just messing around.

------------------
SMTHGT.....
aka. "SmoothGT"

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I thouhgt about it but it it a DD and I am happy with the way it looks as is.
D.

Oh definatly it looks great as is, and like you said it is a DD.

Just wanted to see how cool it would look.

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yesterday before my garage flooded I was able to install the headers on the 88.
they where a PITA!
the way the headers where made does not make it easy to get to the bolts to install them but with almost no room in a Fiero they did a good job with them.
any way here are the pic's
D.

Dean, what was the exhaust note like after the swap? Is it stainless steel?

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob,
those where West Coast Fiero headers that Nathan bought for his car that I installed and they where mild steel not SS but they do offer them in SS and or coated as well. they are well built and as far as exhaust note it did smooth out the idle and the car would rev nice and quick. the sound was not that differant from stock though.
D.

Also an update from the shop...... I have been working on a project on a 355 kit for a local guy, OK here it is I am working on building a new convertable top for the AD kit and so far it is going well. I hope to have picks of it working in the next few weeks. I have also been working on the Diablo kit doing some of the chassis work getting it ready for the stretch. I have another 355 that will be at my shop next week that I will be working on doing a list of things to it as well amoung other things.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Here are some pics from the shop on the work on the 355 convertable top I am building.
D.

It still has a long way to go but I will keep you all posted

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 04-03-2010).]

pavo_roddy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2010 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pavo_roddySend a Private Message to pavo_roddyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HI all

Is that 355 kit in TDF bleu? Or Tour De France blue...... Have you talked with funnywheels on how he did his top for the kit he has, over at madmechanics? In case you hadn't you should take alook at his build thread there.......... Until yours is finished of course, funnywheels has thee best top for a 355 kit hands down.......... That being said with all the fabtastic work you do!

------------------
Me, I sell engines, the cars are for free, I need something to crate the engines in....
Enzo Ferrari....

Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines....
Enzo Ferrari...

Today they are called garage's, yesterday, they were stable's! Eric Jacobsen....

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob,
those where West Coast Fiero headers that Nathan bought for his car that I installed and they where mild steel not SS but they do offer them in SS and or coated as well. they are well built and as far as exhaust note it did smooth out the idle and the car would rev nice and quick. the sound was not that differant from stock though.
D.

I ask because In the process of removing my getrag, discovered several broken clutch fingers & a spun thrust bearing...came out of the fork, I broke the crossover to manifold bolts...they were rusted-in & now stuck in the manifold flanges. I could try to drill them out, but also discovered a big crack in the front unit, so thinkin' it may be better to just replace them with something else..
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2010 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

I ask because In the process of removing my getrag, discovered several broken clutch fingers & a spun thrust bearing...came out of the fork, I broke the crossover to manifold bolts...they were rusted-in & now stuck in the manifold flanges. I could try to drill them out, but also discovered a big crack in the front unit, so thinkin' it may be better to just replace them with something else..

they are nice but I would go with the SS if it where me.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock