Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 41)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109276 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
Dennis LaGrua

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 328
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 07:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dennis LaGruaSend a Private Message to Dennis LaGruaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BV MotorSports:

That was very nice of you Tony.

I met Steve several years back before the Fiero bug bit him again and have exchanged dozens of posts and communicated on occasion . His posts and PM's were always to the point, cordial and polite. He impressed me as an honest trustworthy and stand up guy. I believe Steve's side of the story without question and sincerely hope that justice will prevail.

------------------
" THE BLACK PARALYZER" -87GT 3800SC Series III engine, custom ZZP /Frozen Boost Intercooler setup, 3.4" Pulley, Powerlog manifold, Northstar TB, LS1 MAF, 3" Flotech Afterburner Exhaust, Autolite 104's, MSD wires, Custom CAI, 4T65eHD w. custom axles, HP Tuners VCM Suite.
"THE COLUSSUS"
87GT - ALL OUT 3.4L Turbocharged engine, Garrett Hybrid Turbo, MSD ign., modified TH125H
" ON THE LOOSE WITHOUT THE JUICE "

IP: Logged
BV MotorSports

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 189
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Dennis LaGrua:

I met Steve several years back before the Fiero bug bit him again and have exchanged dozens of posts and communicated on occasion . His posts and PM's were always to the point, cordial and polite. He impressed me as an honest trustworthy and stand up guy. I believe Steve's side of the story without question and sincerely hope that justice will prevail.

Dennis, I think you, Rodney Dickman & Ed Parks (and a handful of others) are some of the only long term PFF members I have met in person. IIRC it was Carlisle 98-99 or so. If there is a shady shop, I somehow find a way to get screwed over by them. Anyway, thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it.. I just hate the circumstances.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish this had turned out wholly different. Sad....
mptighe

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I wish this had turned out wholly different. Sad....

Have you gotten any updates on your car?
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2012 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If there is a shady shop, I somehow find a way to get screwed over by them. Anyway, thank you for the kind words. I appreciate it.. I just hate the circumstances.

Dude that's two of us now....
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Dude that's two of us now....

David
Did you get that call yet?
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did these hips ever make production?

Originally posted by whodeanie:

the rear 430 bumper and hips that we built for the Rotten chop are now done. we have the first set out of the molds and will be making more to sell as soon as we get a few other things done . they will be ready for sale in July on a first come built to order.
here are some pics I will be starting a thread in the mall as well.
D.

we also got the chop top metal part done on the next custom so now it is on to building a body for it as well as finishing the Rotten chop.
D.

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No...my car is still with Dean and I am very hopeful that it will be finished properly. Jan 31st will be two years.
seafoodlover

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My car was the very first car into his shop and is still with Dean and I am also very confident that he will finish it and correctly.
deadwood

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 01:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deadwoodSend a Private Message to deadwoodEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by seafoodlover:

My car was the very first car into his shop and is still with Dean and I am also very confident that he will finish it and correctly.

Out of curiosity, why are you confident.

seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have met Dean in person and visited his shop many times and in talking with him I am willing to give him a chance to finish my project because I understand that unexpected circumstances happen with new businesses. Let's face it, He knows and we all know that he took on way too many projects at once. When his business was growing and now he has realized this so he is working hard to get the rest of the cars out. My car this spring is coming up on almost three years but I believe in his ability to get it done. I understand that everyone is upset but hey either you can choose to take your car out now or you can let him finish. I still talk with him and visit him often so I know that he is now working extra hard in keeping his word with finishing up every car in his shop and from visiting and talking with Dean I know that he will get it done cause cars are now leaving his shop one at a time and of course I will keep everyone updated. Just have to give him a chance to work his magic cause as with every project their will be bugs to work out. Now why am I so confident cause I talk with Dean often and visit his shop so I see for myself that work is getting done and cars are getting worked on.
PFF
System Bot
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No call back and still haven't had time to check the cylinder 6 misfire. Hopefully some MAGIC can happen...

Originally posted by BlackThunderGT:
David
Did you get that call yet?

I have met Dean in person and visited his shop many times and in talking with him I am willing to give him a chance to finish my project because I understand that unexpected circumstances happen with new businesses. Let's face it, He knows and we all know that he took on way too many projects at once............Just have to give him a chance to work his magic

No progress on this. I spoke to Dean about getting these parts several months but his x fiberglass guy won't return the molds... wonder why and he is not anxious about then.

Originally posted by shawnk:
Did these hips ever make production?

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 11-28-2012).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have met Dean in person and visited his shop many times and in talking with him I am willing to give him a chance to finish my project because I understand that unexpected circumstances happen with new businesses. Let's face it, He knows and we all know that he took on way too many projects at once. When his business was growing and now he has realized this so he is working hard to get the rest of the cars out. My car this spring is coming up on almost three years but I believe in his ability to get it done. I understand that everyone is upset but hey either you can choose to take your car out now or you can let him finish. I still talk with him and visit him often so I know that he is now working extra hard in keeping his word with finishing up every car in his shop and from visiting and talking with Dean I know that he will get it done cause cars are now leaving his shop one at a time and of course I will keep everyone updated. Just have to give him a chance to work his magic cause as with every project their will be bugs to work out. Now why am I so confident cause I talk with Dean often and visit his shop so I see for myself that work is getting done and cars are getting worked on.

I get it, you don't want to believe that things won't turn out. I also understand you have a different view than most of us. However, Will Martin had a similar viewpoint of Loyd (Fast Fieros), as did Charlie. They both ended up having to get the Sherriff's office involved to get their cars back (which were POS's by the time they got them). I wouldn't be this calm after 3 YEARS. I'd be telling Dean he better not touch any other car, Fiero or not, until your car is finished, especially if your car was the first one in. I've tried to give Dean the benefit of the doubt, but after talking to people who considered him a friend, and others, I'm damn glad my car isn't there right now. You have a right to do what you want, but it's way past when most people would have gotten pissed. He's gone into an area where there's NO excuse for what's happened, and he's still blowing his customers off apparently. Yours was first in? It should be first out.
IanT720

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 05:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IanT720Send a Private Message to IanT720Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I get that your giving him the benifit of doubt and you would rather be optimistic but... OH MY GOD!!! 3 YEARS!!! That nuts! I was depressed because my car was down for a few months when I did the engine swap haha.

------------------
86 Fiero GTX project now tearing up the street, My build thread! 3800sc, interior, wheels, suspension and more! https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/089483.html

seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I still believe that he will finish the cars. As mention the shop just took on too many projects but now he is on the right track with not taking on new work until the rest of the cars are done. Granted that the shop took on too many projects when it first opened, I can see for myself when I visit his shop that cars are getting done now one at a time which do take time.
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to chime in again. Even though not everything went perfectly or as agreed beforehand and it was close call to get my car ready, it DID get done before Daytona 2012. Also, I always got a hold of Dean when I needed to, both on the phone and by email/PM. He also sent me pictures or updated my thread regularly.

Dean did some great work on my car, especially (but not only) fitting TLG's dual intake and making the custom taillights using Hella lights:

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 06:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

I'd like to chime in again. Even though not everything went perfectly or as agreed beforehand and it was close call to get my car ready, it DID get done before Daytona 2012. Also, I always got a hold of Dean when I needed to, both on the phone and by email/PM. He also sent me pictures or updated my thread regularly.

Dean did some great work on my car, especially (but not only) fitting TLG's dual intake and making the custom taillights using Hella lights:

Yellowstone, I completely respect you, but I'm going to have to disagree. Dean shouldn't have even touched your car considering seafoodlover and johnyrottin were way ahead of you and he bumped their cars to work on yours. He's STILL bumping their cars from the looks of it, and I haven't seen anyone post these updates he promised. He's doing what Lloyd was doing, period. I can't say what went down between him and BV, and I've gotten conflicting stories from people that know more than I do. I spoke with Dean personally when some of this was going down and he blamed BV for his being behind. How was BV to blame for a car that's been there for 3 years without any serious work being done to it, or for the RottinChop when he's let it sit for so long, even before BV brought his car to Dean?

I'm sorry but Dean committed business suicide here, and he's not being straight with people that paid him for work they haven't received, which is a form of fraud. Whether he wants to deal with Fieros after this or not, he needs to do something quickly or he won't have any business left.

[This message has been edited by mptighe (edited 11-28-2012).]

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just telling people about my experience which, while not perfect, was pretty good. I have no idea what Dean promised to other people but I agreed with him that my car would be done for Daytona and he delivered on that promise.

Originally posted by mptighe:

Yellowstone, I completely respect you, but I'm going to have to disagree. Dean shouldn't have even touched your car considering seafoodlover and johnyrottin were way ahead of you and he bumped their cars to work on yours. He's STILL bumping their cars from the looks of it, and I haven't seen anyone post these updates he promised. He's doing what Lloyd was doing, period. I can't say what went down between him and BV, and I've gotten conflicting stories from people that know more than I do. I spoke with Dean personally when some of this was going down and he blamed BV for his being behind. How was BV to blame for a car that's been there for 3 years without any serious work being done to it, or for the RottinChop when he's let it sit for so long, even before BV brought his car to Dean?

I'm sorry but Dean committed business suicide here, and he's not being straight with people that paid him for work they haven't received, which is a form of fraud. Whether he wants to deal with Fieros after this or not, he needs to do something quickly or he won't have any business left.

seafoodlover

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for seafoodloverSend a Private Message to seafoodloverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a awesome car Yellowstone!!

[This message has been edited by seafoodlover (edited 11-28-2012).]

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's a awesome car Yellowstone!! But to be fair to Dean I did add on a few new options along the way to my project which do take time.

Seriously, you sound like the perfect customer that everyone wants to have. I hope your patience pays off. What all is being done, do you have a build thread anywhere?
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by yellowstone:

Is that even 8 book hours worth of work?
PFF
System Bot
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There was much, much more done but I didn't want to bore anyone with the details. Plus, it was all done in the agreed time frame so I don't care how quickly it could have been done.

I'm not writing here in defense of Dean but I wanted to balance this thread by showing that there were customers that did get their cars done and done in time. Having said that, some of the stories in this thread are pretty outrageous and even though I don't know both sides of the story, I would have been very, very unhappy if that had happened to me. I'm a small business owner and that's no way to conduct business.

Originally posted by darkhorizon:

Is that even 8 book hours worth of work?

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 09:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine was supposed to be done teh first year before Daytona, then for Dells, then the second year for daytona, the for Dells. No, the timeline hasn't been followed but i still have faith.
InTheLead

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep, a MASTER FABRICATOR:

Pretty obvious here:

Notice all the oil in the lower intake. UIM & ZZP full stack didnt have any oil on them. Oh, yeah, NO GASKETS... all silicone, on EVERYTHING

Metal & grinding wheel grit in EVERYTHING (its even in the TB vac ports!)

Gravity doesnt apply to Dean...

No need to bolt the trans to the engine.. its held on with magic!

LOL so its all his customers fault huh?

Wow.. what the heck. That is not good work.. that's very disappointing to see.

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2012 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, Everyone
I have tried to write this post so many times and I still can not find the words. I started the shop because of the love of the cars not to try and get rich! If that was what I was trying to do I would have picked people with deep pockets. I have stressed deadlines, customers, overhead and even the cars. I can not find it in me to just walk away and screw people so I am finishing the 10 cars I have in my shop and I am done! Closed!!!!!!
I hate it but I can not keep going like this.

for the people that still have cars and or parts at my shop they will be safe and returned.

D.

This will be my last post! do not PM me here I will not be back!
njames4

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2012 02:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for njames4Send a Private Message to njames4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not that Dean isn't to blame, but this forum is nothing but assholes.

Dean has always done very innovative, but decent work. When he's worked on my cars its always been quick, with good communication. Only issues I've ever had were things that were overlooked due to him rushing his work from having too many projects. And I have to say, he does the BEST quality work of any Fiero shop I've seen. His kitcars, engine swaps, etc, are all the best of any shop on here. I've seen him work on swaps other Fiero people won't even touch, 3.4TDC, etc, and he always seems to be able to do the impossible.

This thread started out so optimistic, and its sad to see it end this way. I've known Dean from back before he had the shop, he isn't a bad guy. He's not out to rip anyone off, or make money, he has a passion for interesting projects. So much so that he doesn't know how to turn them down, especially if a new one is better than what he's working on. Add to that disruptions from personal life and you get something like this. Not to mention that average Fiero people here on the forum are liable to turn on you like a rabid dog . Why I got banned here, so I wouldn't be tempted to come back. And look, here I am .
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 03:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by njames4:

Dean has always done very innovative, but decent work. When he's worked on my cars its always been quick, with good communication. Only issues I've ever had were things that were overlooked due to him rushing his work from having too many projects. And I have to say, he does the BEST quality work of any Fiero shop I've seen. His kitcars, engine swaps, etc, are all the best of any shop on here. I've seen him work on swaps other Fiero people won't even touch, 3.4TDC, etc, and he always seems to be able to do the impossible.

This thread started out so optimistic, and its sad to see it end this way. I've known Dean from back before he had the shop, he isn't a bad guy. He's not out to rip anyone off, or make money, he has a passion for interesting projects. So much so that he doesn't know how to turn them down, especially if a new one is better than what he's working on. Add to that disruptions from personal life and you get something like this. Not to mention that average Fiero people here on the forum are liable to turn on you like a rabid dog . Why I got banned here, so I wouldn't be tempted to come back. And look, here I am .

LOL yep... I am glad he took care of you...he screwed over a bunch of us. Pics speak for themselves. No debate there... Dean did it to himself and then tried like hell to make it look like it was ANYONES fault but his own. What was it that Dean said.... "Karma is a B*TCH"

[This message has been edited by BV MotorSports (edited 11-29-2012).]

BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 03:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BV MotorSports

4821 posts
Member since May 2001

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Hi, Everyone
I have tried to write this post so many times and I still can not find the words. I started the shop because of the love of the cars not to try and get rich! If that was what I was trying to do 1. I would have picked people with deep pockets. I have stressed deadlines, customers, overhead and even the cars. 2. I can not find it in me to just walk away and screw people so I am finishing the 10 cars I have in my shop and I am done! Closed!!!!!!
I hate it but I can not keep going like this.

for the people that still have cars and or parts at my shop they will be safe and returned.

D.

This will be my last post! do not PM me here I will not be back!

Awwww... everyone feel sorry for Dean. Yeah, you are going to be closed... kinda hard to work on cars while incarcerated.

1. You did .... and royally ripped me off. Felony grand theft...
2. Again, you ripped me off and tried to turn everyone on here against me. Funny how I got owners to start talking to each other, next thing you know, the whole thing unraveled!

You should have done the right thing and replaced my junkyard "fully built race engine" with a ZZP motor. So spare us with the BS "I wont rip anyone off" crap. You did, and now you are being pursued by the state of Florida and Georgia. If you didn't notice, I even posted the case # for ya. I BEGGED you to do the right thing... I may never get a dime from you, but I will be there when you are sentenced... I PROMISE you that.

I LOVE Karma.

P.S. Folks you heard it right from Deans mouth... he is closing. If you have faith.. I pray you are right. Otherwise.... GET YOUR CARS OUT OF THAT MANS SHOP!!!!!!

One other thing... for those that bashed me, questioned my integrity and every other horrible thing... I don't hold it against you. Dean had me fooled too.. to the tune of $14,000 plus all my parts he kept that I value around $1,500-2,000. I didn't want to believe it.. I still cant believe it. For those that spoke up, called, or PM'd me to apologize, I really appreciate it. I honestly didn't want it to end this way. I genuinely thought with enough pressure, Dean would man up and do the right thing. I realize now that was foolish to think.

Good luck to those with parts, cars & $$$ still tied up with Dean. For those that have problems with him, PLEASE contact the Georgia Office of Consumer Protection... I'll edit it this post to add the info again. Get your case number.. supply your documentation.

Georgia Governor's Office of Consumer Protection
2 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Suite 356
Atlanta, Georgia 30334-9077

Tel: 404-651-8600 or 1-800-869-1123 (toll-free in Georgia, outside of the metro Atlanta calling area)

Fax: 404-651-9018

Office hours: 8:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Telephone counselors are available between 8:30am-5:00pm weekdays.

CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 03:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Awwww... everyone feel sorry for Dean. Yeah, you are going to be closed... kinda hard to work on cars while incarcerated.

2. Again, you ripped me off and tried to turn everyone on here against me. Funny how I got owners to start talking to each other, next thing you know, the whole thing unraveled!

You should have done the right thing and replaced my junkyard "fully built race engine" with a ZZP motor. So spare us with the BS "I wont rip anyone off" crap. You did, and now you are being pursued by the state of Florida and Georgia. If you didn't notice, I even posted the case # for ya. I BEGGED you to do the right thing... I may never get a dime from you, but I will be there when you are sentenced... I PROMISE you that.

I LOVE Karma.

P.S. Folks you heard it right from Deans mouth... he is closing. If you have faith.. I pray you are right. Otherwise.... GET YOUR CARS OUT OF THAT MANS SHOP!!!!!!

One other thing... for those that bashed me, questioned my integrity and every other horrible thing... I don't hold it against you. Dean had me fooled too.. to the tune of $14,000 plus all my parts he kept that I value around $1,500-2,000. I didn't want to believe it.. I still cant believe it. For those that spoke up, called, or PM'd me to apologize, I really appreciate it. I honestly didn't want it to end this way. I genuinely thought with enough pressure, Dean would man up and do the right thing. I realize now that was foolish to think.

Good luck to those with parts, cars & $$$ still tied up with Dean. For those that have problems with him, PLEASE contact the Georgia Office of Consumer Protection... I'll edit it this post to add the info again. Get your case number.. supply your documentation.

Tel: 404-651-8600 or 1-800-869-1123 (toll-free in Georgia, outside of the metro Atlanta calling area)

I’m sure I’ll regret posting this but to be honest, I think more people were appalled by the horrific way you conducted yourself rather than the problems you had. Personal insults, posting information about his family and personal life and calling his significant other names. You carried on like a crazy ex. Other folks who have had issues with Dean have posted here and have been to the point, focused on their issues and stayed professional.

I feel bad for you, and the problems you had. I think you handled it wrong every step of the way – but that’s just my opinion. I’ve made mistakes in the way I’ve handled stuff here and elsewhere, but I try to learn from it, instead of being belligerent. There are things that will escalate bad situations and things that will de-escalate them.

Maybe I’m wrong, maybe I will have issues with my car when I get it back but you can bet I’ll post about it without losing my mind – because I believe I can get any issues sorted out before they become lost causes.

Live and learn, do no harm.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CommanderKeen:

I’m sure I’ll regret posting this but to be honest, I think more people were appalled by the horrific way you conducted yourself rather than the problems you had. Personal insults, posting information about his family and personal life and calling his significant other names. You carried on like a crazy ex. Other folks who have had issues with Dean have posted here and have been to the point, focused on their issues and stayed professional.

I feel bad for you, and the problems you had. I think you handled it wrong every step of the way – but that’s just my opinion. I’ve made mistakes in the way I’ve handled stuff here and elsewhere, but I try to learn from it, instead of being belligerent. There are things that will escalate bad situations and things that will de-escalate them.

Maybe I’m wrong, maybe I will have issues with my car when I get it back but you can bet I’ll post about it without losing my mind – because I believe I can get any issues sorted out before they become lost causes.

Fair enough. However, I said it before and I'll say it again. You get screwed out of that much money, plus the money its going to take to fix the car, and lets see how you (or anyone else) reacts. Add in the part where I knew I was telling the truth but got treated like a dog. That didn't help at all... not one bit. You may only remember the bits near the end.. but I didn't start out that way.

Like Tony K said above.. it could have been much worse. Its all good now.. Whatever some of you guys think about me is fine. I cant change that. But I can see this through with Dean.. I said I would see him in court .. and I will.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CommanderKeen:

Couldn't have said it better. BV, you control your reactions, not others. I tell my children that every time they do wht you did..."Well he made me do it!" No, you made you do it. You control you and your actions/reactions. No matter how stressful the situation I still think it through and work calmly making sure to pick my words carefully. My mom taught me to do that becasue you never know when you have to eat them. Not that I think you will have to here. The pics do tell your story and I hate to say it, the work is not right. I really hate the fact that your car turned out bad. I loved the way the intake looked sitting on top of that thing. Man I wish it had turned out different. I really do. Wish I was back in Gulf Breeze so I could come over and help clean up the car with you and learn a bit about Turbos. is there a goal in mind timeline wise that you are shooting for? Maybe making Daytona or the Dells ot Tylers?
PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
While in complete agreement with CommanderKeen, I have to ask -

What posts from Dean were trying to turn everyone against you??
mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, this will be your last post here since this forum is NOTHING but assholes? I didn't want any of this to be true and even came to Dean's defense, but Dean handled this very poorly and because he was negligent, there appears to be serious consequences regardless of his best intentions. Since you have such a disdain for ALL of us though, let me be the first to say good luck as you leave.
njames4

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2012 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njames4Send a Private Message to njames4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I LOVE Karma.

What I said in my post, you've had problems with several shops, what's the common denominator? You don't know how to handle things. For one thing you don't demand for someone to do something specific, you work it out with them. I'm guessing that you've never had to work to produce something for someone else? Dean is perfectly reasonable, whenever I've had issues with his work we've always been able to come to an agreement. You call him up, maybe show up and speak face-to-face, and it always gets resolved. With your jumping to conclusions, personal attacks, etc, of course it'd end up this way.

Personally, if I owned a business and were selling parts/services on here, I'd be adding you to my blacklist. After what I've seen someone would have to be crazy to do business with you.

[This message has been edited by njames4 (edited 11-29-2012).]

njames4

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post11-29-2012 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for njames4Send a Private Message to njames4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

njames4

5 posts
Member since Jul 2012

Originally posted by mptighe:

So, this will be your last post here since this forum is NOTHING but assholes? I didn't want any of this to be true and even came to Dean's defense, but Dean handled this very poorly and because he was negligent, there appears to be serious consequences regardless of his best intentions. Since you have such a disdain for ALL of us though, let me be the first to say good luck as you leave.

I'll post here to defend a friend of mine. Can't say that any other thread here interests me, so other than this I'm not around here much.

And I'm posting in spite of the assholes. I'm not posting to be friendly. I've done that before and can't say I care to know most of the people on here.
BV MotorSports

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BV MotorSportsSend a Private Message to BV MotorSportsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What I said in my post, you've had problems with several shops, what's the common denominator? You don't know how to handle things. For one thing you don't demand for someone to do something specific, you work it out with them. I'm guessing that you've never had to work to produce something for someone else? Dean is perfectly reasonable, whenever I've had issues with his work we've always been able to come to an agreement. You call him up, maybe show up and speak face-to-face, and it always gets resolved. With your jumping to conclusions, personal attacks, etc, of course it'd end up this way.

Personally, if I owned a business and were selling parts/services on here, I'd be adding you to my blacklist. After what I've seen someone would have to be crazy to do business with you.

Say what you want... doesn't matter to me. I proved my point about Dean. I bent over backwards to try to make this build work. I just will not tolerate being lied to and taken advantage of. PERIOD. If any shop wants to blacklist me because I got ripped off and spoke up about it, then I wouldn't want to deal with them anyway!

I think Dean said it best... "I'll let my work speak for itself". Well it sure is speaking and has been more damaging to his reputation than ANYTHING I could say. To use your own words..after seeing what Dean did here, someone would have to be crazy to do business with Whodeanies Customs aka Dean Cain.

I admire you standing up for your friend... but man o' man.... this will not end well. Besides, whats it matter to you? We are all assholes anyway, right?

mptighe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'll post here to defend a friend of mine. Can't say that any other thread here interests me, so other than this I'm not around here much.

And I'm posting in spite of the assholes. I'm not posting to be friendly. I've done that before and can't say I care to know most of the people on here.

So, what you're saying is you're not posting here to be friendly, in other words you joined to troll? Ummm, ok. I guess you're looking to be banned again.
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am staying out of this because I have had great dealings with Dean over the years, however, my dad has not. But to claim you dont demand something specific when you are paying someone to do the work is absurd. That is what you are paying someone to do. You pay them to make the car specifically the way YOU want it. I hate to see this whole thread, Dean's shop, and other people's cars turn out the way it did. Good luck to everyone involved, including Dean. He is only human and while what he did may not be right, I am not the one to be judge, jury, or executioner. I can only wish the best for ALL parties involved.

If you ever read this Dean, feel free to give me a call and I'd be happy to come out on the weekends and help you get some cars done.

Sincerely,
Austin T.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool Here:

I just saw that banned member Tinton popped up in the Whodeanie thread with the new username of njames4. It must be relatively easy to circumvent the banning system.

Apparently.

...this forum is nothing but assholes.

I'm posting in spite of the assholes. I'm not posting to be friendly. I've done that before and can't say I care to know most of the people on here.

Not to mention that average Fiero people here on the forum are liable to turn on you like a rabid dog .

Why I got banned here, so I wouldn't be tempted to come back.

No, you got banned because you were a total dick (as evident by your latest posts).

I'll post here to defend a friend of mine.

Sorry, but you lost that privilege when you got banned, Tinton.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2012 03:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know the people I have dealt with, as a vendor, are very appreciative if you keep them up to date on what is going on with their projects.
Even if you don`t have the news they want to hear you have at least let them know you are working toward getting everything resolved.
It`s when you go silent that seems to get under peoples skin and rightly so.
You claim njames4 that you could just go to see Dean in person to solve any problems and while that works pretty well for people in the vicinity some of these guys live quite a distance from Dean.
So, communication is the key.
Of course some people will use the "personal problem" argument but I can say that my dad was in business for himself for many years and your business is part of your personal life if your livelyhood revolves around keeping people informed of the progress on whatever involves their hard earned money.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock