Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109276 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-18-2009 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
tonight I was able to finish the tune up on the red car. I changed the plugs to find that the front plugs were OEM and the back had been done before.
I hate when people do that. now I know why the car ran bad. I also changed the fuel filter. tomarrow I will be taking the car to get the windows tinted, an oil change and charge the AC. with that all done the car will be fun to drive, no AC in Ga. stinks!
I will get some new pic's of the car once the windows have been done.

I have a few other projects I will be doing soon as well. I will be starting on the Lambo soon, installing a set of headers on a car, and a polly suspension for an 88 all in the works as well as a 70 big block Firebird I need to work on. but their is always room for Jello!
PM me if I can help you with your car.
D.
IP: Logged
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2009 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to get my windows tinted and my AC fixed yesterday
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the first shake down run for the 88, we went with the club to the Tail of the Dragon yester day for the last pre run before the RFTH.
we ran the car hard for about 250 miles threw the mountains on some of the most challanging roads in the US.
the little car never gave me a single problem but it did point out a few things that need to be improved TIRES!
they were the weak link on those roads we lost traction a few times.
but on the other hand a few things that were not working before the run are now working. I guess the car just needed to run.
the horn and one head light both started working again once we got the car threw a few turns.
D.
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post08-23-2009 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:
the horn and one head light both started working again once we got the car threw a few turns.
D.

That leads me to believe that there may be some loose/broken wiring or maybe a loose/corroded ground somewhere.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2009 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

That leads me to believe that there may be some loose/broken wiring or maybe a loose/corroded ground somewhere.

no wire problems just mud hornets in the head light motor and horns

sunday I worked on some susspension for an 88 I will be working on soon. I had an extra set of arms and links so I whent ahead and got the busshings out and cleaned and painted the parts.
now I just need to install them when the car gets here.
also here are some pic's of my car with the tinted windows.
D.

Also I am working on another project that I will not share till I get it done but once I do I will be taking orders
I will post it here first once it is done about a mounth from now.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 08-24-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a lot going on over the next week. first off Clay's car is back for some little fixes and to get it ready for the Dyno tune.
also I have been working on my new console from Rob.
I have A member here that I have done some work for that is going to bring his car in for suspension work this weekend.
and yet another that needs exhaust work done.
as always once money allows I will be getting started on the Lambo and a motor swap for the 355 this winter.
I can still fit others in if anyone need anything just PM me
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so here is the update from this weekend.
I did not get much of a chance to do anything on saturday, but that evening Mike brought over his 88 Formula so I could do the suspension. I got the bushings installed and started on the rear.
then came sunday and it was off to the parts store to get some swaybar bushings and a camber kit. once I got back I was able to get going on the rear it took a bit of work all the bolts were rusted in place so lots of lube, my big impact gun and even my 3/4" drive ratchet to brake the bolts loose. I got a workout but by the end of the day I finished the rear of the car. now I will be on to the front and I will see how much fun that is all is normal in the world of Fiero's around here.
D.

on another note last week at the shop my neighbor got a nice car in for some work. it is a little off topic but I had to share because it was nice.

I found the rattle while I was under the car

KG4ONJ

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 11:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KG4ONJSend a Private Message to KG4ONJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the great pics! Hahahaha - I thought the "rattle" gave it some personality. Thanks for the great work - can't wait to get it back!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it will still have a rattle because the inside is bad as well
I will be pressing in the new ball joints and picking up the camber kit today so I can get started on the front.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had a bit of trouble with the bolts on the front lowers, I hate rust!
finaly got them out and the new front suspension installed as well as one of Rodney's steering bushings.
the car is back on the wheels again now I just need to drive it to settle the springs so I can set the rear coilovers and have it aligned.
here are the pic's of the new parts installed. I will get new pics tonight after I do a quick drive with the car's new stance. I only lowered the car 1"
D.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post09-02-2009 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice work there. The suspension can be quite a workout. It seems that you are a man of many talents. Perfect for the Fiero world.

Tony
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-02-2009 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tony Kania:

Nice work there. The suspension can be quite a workout. It seems that you are a man of many talents. Perfect for the Fiero world.

Tony

Thanks, Tony
I just love cars and I have always tried to learn about every part of them. Fiero's I could just about do in my sleep I have worked on them since GM was making them
custom and performance is what I love to do and this would fall under performance
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finished the Formula and got it aligned yesterday. I only lowered the car 3/4" so it will handle a bit better but not be harsh around town.
I also got a long distance visit last night from Cowspatoot passing threw town.
this weekend I will be getting Clay's car back in the shop to do a few quick repairs and a bit more tweaking on the motor.
1986GTV8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1986GTV8Send a Private Message to 1986GTV8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So how about electrical work?

I am working on my Firebird dash conversion & do not have the time to make an adapter harness for it.

JScott & MR Fixit have a great thread on it, I just can't find the time to make one.

Thoughts?
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So Dean, are you bringing the red GT to RFTH?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can do electric as well but I don't know about making a harnes for a car with out having the car.
D.

Originally posted by 1986GTV8:

So how about electrical work?

I am working on my Firebird dash conversion & do not have the time to make an adapter harness for it.

JScott & MR Fixit have a great thread on it, I just can't find the time to make one.

Thoughts?

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-04-2009 10:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
yes,yes I will
are you going?
I am only going up for the day not the weekend.
D.

Originally posted by carnut122:

So Dean, are you bringing the red GT to RFTH?

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Always fun to meet new people from the forums. Between Tha Driver and Whodeanie, it was a great way to break up the trip.

The man behind the car...
KG4ONJ

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KG4ONJSend a Private Message to KG4ONJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just picked up my Formula from Whodeanie yesterday morning - he replaced all the suspension bushings with poly, replaced the shocks and struts / coilovers from HT, and installed a new rack bushing from Rodney Dickman. He also took it to get it aligned. I am STUNNED by the remarkable difference in the handling of the car!!! I took it directly from his place to my local tire shop and got new tires - I can't wait to get this one back to autocross in a few weeks!

Folks, this guy does some great work, does it FAST, for a GREAT price and leaves no stone unturned. If you have the opportunity at all to work with him then I highly recommend it!

Thanks Dean for everything! I'm sure I will be returning for more work sometime soon!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you I am glad you like it
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am getting some parts from Dogrunner, JimmyS, and ThaDriver for the new 88 winter project it will not as radical as my other one but it will look cool when I am done with it just the same.
I will keep you posted.
D.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am getting some parts from Dogrunner, JimmyS, and ThaDriver for the new 88 winter project it will not as radical as my other one but it will look cool when I am done with it just the same.
I will keep you posted.
D.

Dean are you talking about the red 88 you have been working on ?

Very cool !

I wish you were in Orlando,..i would have you work on #4.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-11-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-12-2009 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Dean are you talking about the red 88 you have been working on ?

Very cool !

I wish you were in Orlando,..i would have you work on #4.

yes I am talking about the red one, I am waiting to get started on till after the run for the hills.
I have most of the parts already here or on the way. I just need to save a few pennies for the last part.
it will not be years in the making like the other one. I should have all the mods done before the hollidays and then try to get it painted before next spring.

Tony, I wish I was in Fl. as well the weather has been crap up here this summer. I need sunshine

I will keep you posted.
this weekend I am working on my custom, rebuilding the front suspension will coilovers and all new parts.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 08:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok so last night around 8:30 I got a delivery on a flat bed truck
one of the club members droped off his car for a new set of West Coast Fieros Headers to be installed as well as a new
clutch master and slave.
as long as I don't run into any problems I should be able to get it done by this weekend for the RFTH.
but that is a big if!
here are some pic's of one nice 88 GT.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, so last night I got to work on Tinton's car.
after a lot of work I was able to get the exhaust all out of the car and ready for the new headers.
while I had every thing out of the way I replaced the slave with the one he had gotten from Rodney (nice part!)
now I am stuck waiting on parts. none of the parts stores around here have the gaskets or the clutch master.
the old exhaust was cracked in 3 places and as far as working on the car we all know what a PITA exhaust is to do with the motor still in the car but did I mention
the car also has AC you have to drop the AC just to get to 2 of the bolts on the front side.
lucky for me none of the bolts broke, I soaked them in PB blaster the day before I started on the car and again when I started working on it.
anyway here are some pics of the old exhaust off the car.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
last night I talked with a neighbor of mine that collects old cars and he wants me to work on a few of them for him.
the first one would be a 68 Baracuda
way easier than a fiero lots more room to work.

as far as the car I am working on now I am waiting on parts so I am stalled out on it till then.

after the run this weekend I will be working on my driver doing some body mods then paint. nothing major like the other one but I will keep you posted.
some of the parts I will be building and may offer them afterwards. they will fit stock GT's
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yesterday before my garage flooded I was able to install the headers on the 88.
they where a PITA!
the way the headers where made does not make it easy to get to the bolts to install them but with almost no room in a Fiero they did a good job with them.
any way here are the pic's
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean is the daily driver getting new shoes also ?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 05:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Dean is the daily driver getting new shoes also ?

Yes! after the spin out I did at the run for the hills it has moved to the top of the list
at the moment we have gotten so much rain that my garage flooded I had 1" of water in their this morning but nothing on the floor to get ruined.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes! after the spin out I did at the run for the hills it has moved to the top of the list
at the moment we have gotten so much rain that my garage flooded I had 1" of water in their this morning but nothing on the floor to get ruined.

Yeah i had a layover in Atlanta on my way to Ohio, early sunday, and you guys were drenched then, since i understand it has just gotten worse.

I hope the runways aren't under water for my layover there on my way back to Florida.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-21-2009).]

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did some more work on the 88 over the weekend. first I got the front suspension replaced with urethane, new shocks and lower springs
now I need to have it aligned but it is already way better than it was. today I am going to get some tuneup parts for it as well as new belts.
I

I do not want to hi-jack the this thread per se, but I think this Fiero has '85 Corvette Sport Seats. Am I correct? If so, who bolted them on? Do the electrics work that adjusts the bladders? Can we see the pix of the rest of the interior? With the seats of course.

Cordially,
Kevin

[This message has been edited by kevin (edited 09-21-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kevin:

I do not want to hi-jack the this thread per se, but I think this Fiero has '85 Corvette Sport Seats. Am I correct? If so, who bolted them on? Do the electrics work that adjusts the bladders? Can we see the pix of the rest of the interior? With the seats of course.

Cordially,
Kevin

the car is one of the few 88 Fieros that came with the lumbar seats from the factory but the bladders are shot. when I pulled the cover off the seat they where just sticky slivers.
I need to find some new ones the pump still works.
Kev, I will have to get some pic's once it stops raining and post them for you. I did change the cover with another stock one I had because the cover was shot.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2009 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
I am glad I did not drive the Fiero to work today it flooded at my shop today my shop is on high ground but the neighbors shop was under 5' of water and so was the RiteAid across the street. it took me 2-1/2 hrs to go 11mi. in my 4x4 truck all the roads where closed and even with my lifted truck the water was up to the bottom of my doors and acording to the news, more to come I will post some pic's tomarrow if I can even get to work.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are some pic's of what it was like around here yesterday.

Ratfink

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have You thought of a Fiero Boat?? Ha,Ha
My daughters basement also flooded in ne Atlanta
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2009 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ratfink:

Have You thought of a Fiero Boat?? Ha,Ha
My daughters basement also flooded in ne Atlanta

LOL! no but my truck sits up high enough that I had no problems other than the cops not letting me go threw.
just because some moron in a honda sank in a foot of water
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
yesterday I took a trip out to Paul's to get another hood vent from him for the new 88. I am going to do a few body mods to the car this winter, nothing like the other one but it will be cool all the same.
right now I am just collecting parts for it.
if anyone is interested in getting one of Paul's hood vents PM Paul (aka Tha Driver) they are very nice parts.

so the other day I was surfing Craigs list for a set of wheels and tires for the red car because I need new tires and I did not want to just go out and buy a set of 15" tires for the stock wheels knowing that I was goint to change them soon. so I found a set of wheels that I picked up on the way home last night. they will need some TLC but I got them for a good price.
they are 18 x 7.5 now I just need to clean them up a bit and save some money for the tires.
D.

this is the Hood vent that Paul makes.....

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 09-25-2009).]

Ratfink

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Paul?? Tha driver? Good looking scoop!
Buy My car! It needs You!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Ratfink:

Paul?? Tha driver? Good looking scoop!
Buy My car! It needs You!

yes, ThaDriver

LOL! I take donations

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 09-24-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2009 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice find on the wheels Dean !

How much are the hood vents ?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock