Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Trash Can
  Whodeanie's custom shop is open (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Whodeanie's custom shop is open by whodeanie
Started on: 05-01-2009 10:55 AM
Replies: 1937 (109276 views)
Last post by: Gambit on 10-04-2013 07:17 AM
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2011 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, you continue to amaze. Seriously not only is your work fantastic, but some how you still find time to take pics, resize them and post them. have you figured out how to clone yourself or what???

Cheers Beers n Gearz. Joe

Page 19 ownage.

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 03-13-2011).]

IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-14-2011 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL! I wish! I just don't sleep until sunday then I crash

it helps to love what you do
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-15-2011 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the shop has been slammed as of late and going well. I think once we finish some of the builds we have going we will be working on a few swaps but most of our time will be spent working on new products for the fieros.
I am working on several body parts as well as a DIY kit for the 3800 swaps. motor and trans mounts have been built and tested as well as axles for the 4t65hd trans. I am working on the low mount alt setup with the dog bone. as well as a harness, headers and much more.

as far as body parts we are working on the 355 and 430 rears as well as 2 styles of rockers, tail light panels etc...

I will keep you all posted.
D.
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2011 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM Sent
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean,

Will get the tags and insurance taken care of on tuesday if you can shoot me those pics we talked about.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2011 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Dean,

Will get the tags and insurance taken care of on tuesday if you can shoot me those pics we talked about.

pm sent.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
things have been crazy around here the last few weeks trying to get everything done but it is all good. I love this stuff.
today we got in a new car that we will be converting back to a street car for a good friend. not quite a Fiero but way cool just the same.
this is a little of what we have been up to the last few weeks.
D.

can you say 502 big block ? this winter we will be swaping the motor for an LSX twin turbo or adding twin turbos to this one not sure yet but it will be cool.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 03-23-2011).]

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-23-2011 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
it is a lambo kit that was not done right and then someone else trashed it even more so now we need to try and fix some of it.
more to come later.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-25-2011 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not updated this thread enough so I will try to get more pics posted up tonight.
we have been working long hrs. to get several things done as well as work on getting new parts built to give your fieros new ways to live on.
our goal is to be here a long time and to keep you all guessing what we will do next
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
some pics from the shop yestreday.
D.

PFF
System Bot
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

some pics from the shop yestreday.
D.

I think I just heard Tony faint..........

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen III replacement GT trunk seals with solid molded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

Finally_Mine_86_GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OMG! IT'S 1 COLOR! I think i'm gonna faint!
rodrieguz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2011 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rodrieguzSend a Private Message to rodrieguzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony

looks Sweet,
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-30-2011 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been working our butts off as of late with the projects we have now with many more waiting in the wings.

one of the repair cars we got in turned out to need a new motor so we found one that needed to be rebuilt and since that was needed the owner decided to build it up a bit.
the car is an 84 4cyl. notchie auto. so this is what we did first the motor... we started with an 85 roller motor bored it out 30 over with new pistons, fiero store performance cam and roller rockers,
almost all new everything on the motor. as well as a set of headers. the trans got the same treatment we rebuilt it with new parts as well as a shift kit.
all new mounts on the cradle as well as new bushings.
we got the motor put back together yesterday and will be installing it in the car this week.
here are some pics of it as it sets on the stand.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
got the 4 in the car and running on friday. we have 2 little things to do with it and then it goes home.
D.

and the next repair job before shots
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 08:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
as many of you know my shop that I have been in now for 1 year is 4000 sq ft. well it is no longer large enough so we have been looking for a biger one and we found one just up the hill from mine that we will be moving into in 2 weeks we will start in 5600 sq ft with the option to expand into the other 10,000 sq ft over the next 6 mo.
this is what I hope to be the next great step with the shop with way more to come.
with the shop comes 2 lifts, a top notch fabricator and lots of other great things. we are expanding our shop to include all LS based cars like corvettes and cameros.
we started with Fieros and will always do them because I love them.
if anyone wants to help with the move let me know.
thanks, Dean
mptighe

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 122
Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 10:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mptigheSend a Private Message to mptigheEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would gladly help move any of your cars to my house for safe keeping

Seriously I wish I was closer, I would gladly help out.
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome. That works for me because I have a Fiero and a 5thgen Camaro. ("Just" the V6, but I'm sure you can make a few not-yet-done body parts for them either way... I want a simple straight style GFX kit similar to the 3rdgen IROC-Z's, all I've seen are flashy or curvy, or even ricey kits for the 5thgen. ). I'll contact you about my Fiero if it ever comes home.

[This message has been edited by ALLTRBO (edited 04-04-2011).]

GADJet

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2011 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GADJetSend a Private Message to GADJetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, congrats on the expansion bro! That's wonderful. Looks like things are looking up for ya. I'm proud for you. Wish I were closer. I love to help people. Just too far!

On another note, what do you expect the HP will be on the upgraded duke? Thanks.
bigcheese

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bigcheeseSend a Private Message to bigcheeseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

as many of you know my shop that I have been in now for 1 year is 4000 sq ft. well it is no longer large enough so we have been looking for a biger one and we found one just up the hill from mine that we will be moving into in 2 weeks we will start in 5600 sq ft with the option to expand into the other 10,000 sq ft over the next 6 mo.
this is what I hope to be the next great step with the shop with way more to come.
with the shop comes 2 lifts, a top notch fabricator and lots of other great things. we are expanding our shop to include all LS based cars like corvettes and cameros.
we started with Fieros and will always do them because I love them.
if anyone wants to help with the move let me know.
thanks, Dean

I've been to Dean's shop and I can say it was filled to the rim !!! Congrats Dean on the new building, I know you will make great use of it!
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GADJet:

Dean, congrats on the expansion bro! That's wonderful. Looks like things are looking up for ya. I'm proud for you. Wish I were closer. I love to help people. Just too far!

On another note, what do you expect the HP will be on the upgraded duke? Thanks.

thanks, guys
I am looking forward to the new shop just not the move. I will be signing the lease today

as far as the HP on the duke I am not sure but I can say it has just as much power as a stock 6 if not more.
it runs great.
D.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 07:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's good to see someone growing their business in this economy. Just shows that good and hard work pays off. Way to go, Dean.

Hey, hope this location has a better driveway
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

It's good to see someone growing their business in this economy. Just shows that good and hard work pays off. Way to go, Dean.

Hey, hope this location has a better driveway

LOL! yes it does and it will be better once I do a little work on it.

thanks for the kind words.
D.
Pete Matos

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean,
Hey man just wanted to say that 3800 install pic is really sharp looking. Very tidy and clean install. Love the exhaust. I think that some billet fuel rails would also be a nice touch... Well done man. Peace

Pete
rlndhill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rlndhillSend a Private Message to rlndhillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean,

Congrats on the new location!!

Robert
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-05-2011 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, I'm glad that business has been good for you! PM sent.

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 04-05-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
thanks, all
we got the keys and started to clean the place up then we got the first few cars moved over last night.
for the next few days we will be moving things over.
D.
some pics of the new shop.

first the back lot.

the shop inside.

the office area.

and the front of the building.

and the other side of the building we hope to have in the next 6 mo or less.

the part of the building we got to start is 5600 sqft. and the other side we have an option on is another 10000 sqft.
we are very excited about this move but as always it will be a pain to get set up and rolling again but I think well worth it.

and last but not least the first cars over.

none of this would have been possable without all of your help as well as great friends here that belive in me and my goals for the shop.
not to say it has not been hard because we have been working our butts off to get here and will continue to do so.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 04-08-2011).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
I also wanted to let people know that if you would like to come and help it would be great. once we are setup we will be doing another open house this year in a big way
we may decide to do an event here in Ga. but that is TBD. at a later date.
D.

Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 03:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great digs! I'd be over to help if I lived closer, so you'll have to settle for moral support from me! Best of luck in the new shop.
8-P

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 8-PSend a Private Message to 8-PEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I also wanted to let people know that if you would like to come and help it would be great.
D.

Hmm, what are you guys looking for help with? And what's the address for the new location? I probably wouldn't mind stopping by to lend a hand for a few hours.
PFF
System Bot
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2011 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad for you Dean to see you are doing well.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks, guys
it is still tight but this I know is going to be a great move for us.
my new shop is only 300 yards from the last one.
I am not sure on the address LOL!
but my old one is 526 Industrial dr. Woodstock, Ga. 30189 and we will be moving things until next friday. that is when I have to be out.
because of this move and the demand on my work I will need to start a waiting list so that things do not stack up on us because even with a larger shop I still need room to work.
I will be finishing up the builds I have now before I will take on anymore for now. if you are intrested in having work done just PM me and I will let you know when I can get the car in. I do not want cars staying here any longer than 3 mo. anymore.

you all know how it goes first you have one and then the next day you have 10 and no room to work. the reason I am doing this is to get cars in and out faster so that you can enjoy them.
D.

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean you have a PM
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean,
NICE SHOP....good luck!!!!!
al
lildevil

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lildevilClick Here to visit lildevil's HomePageSend a Private Message to lildevilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any plans on during LS motor swaps mated to the 4t65e trannys?

Good luck!

And check your PMS i have a paint question.

------------------

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2011 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Congratulations Dean !

Good things happen to good people. Continue to grow your business and things will just keep getting better.

The new shop looks awesome.
Kilofox13

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 02:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kilofox13Send a Private Message to Kilofox13Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I will be finishing up the builds I have now before I will take on anymore for now. if you are intrested in having work done just PM me and I will let you know when I can get the car in. I do not want cars staying here any longer than 3 mo. anymore.
D.

First off, congrats on the expansion! Well deserved! To be able to expand in these economic times demonstartes the superb quality of your workmanship.

Now, my question, are you willing to make exceptions on the 3 month thing? (referring to what we spoke on the phone about a while back.) Also, depending on the open house date, I can try to arrange to come out and deliver that day, if given advanced warning as long as it's before June. My schedule is becoming insane as my timeline wears thin.
Malkier

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MalkierSend a Private Message to MalkierEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congrats on the new shop! I've got to get some down time and drive over to visit.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2011 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kilofox13:

First off, congrats on the expansion! Well deserved! To be able to expand in these economic times demonstartes the superb quality of your workmanship.

Now, my question, are you willing to make exceptions on the 3 month thing? (referring to what we spoke on the phone about a while back.) Also, depending on the open house date, I can try to arrange to come out and deliver that day, if given advanced warning as long as it's before June. My schedule is becoming insane as my timeline wears thin.

I am aware of your build and have made room for it. right now I need to finish the move and get 2 cars done this week and 4 more next week. if we can get those cars out I can work in others sooner.
I will keep you posted and keep me informed on when you can get it to me.
D.

we will be setting up another open house here soon and it will be way biger than the last one. you never know this may start to become a yearly thing
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 49 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43   44   45   46   47   48   49 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock