Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108008 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

I'll take some pic's in the mourning and post them. Fibergalssing is taking alot of time with having to do topside and underneath everything and giving it time to dry before you go to the next step. I think it's starting to take shape. Whodeanie has a headstart on the bodywork but I have my wheels. LOL. Just busting on you Dean.

Joe

My wheels will be here soon enough!
the car is looking great.
I finaly got a chance to work on mine a little last night and was able to get the front in primer so I can see where it needs work. to many colors before to see what was going on.
welding the underside of the roof section was fun, how many times did you burn yourself? I still feal like a pretzle from all the positions I had to get in to weld it all up.
you are catching up to me quick! nice job!

IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

I'll post some more later pip is not working right

Wow !

Way to go Godfather !! Are those the widebody rockers from Archie or his regular ones ?

Any pictures of the wheels ?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Wow !

Way to go Godfather !! Are those the widebody rockers from Archie or his regular ones ?

Any pictures of the wheels ?

those are widebody rockers the other ones dont slope down at the doors.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 7-piece Mad-Arch kit is truly unique. The parts can be made to suit one's own taste allowing the kit to evolve. Although, it’s designed as-is, but a person can tweak it as is seen-fit by Whodeanie’s, and #020. The good news it has a modern and updated Fiero appeal without looking like a Ferrari, Lotus, nor a Lamborghini kit.
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As promised some more pics. Thanks Dean and Tony for the compliments. I'll take some better pics of the wheels when I take them off to do more fiberglassing. Yeah Tony they are the widebody rockers from Archie. I don't think I'll catch up to you Dean but its giving me more incentive to work on it as much as possible.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you have almost cought me!
I have not been able to work on mine for a while but this weekend it will be thrash time in the shop.
I get all weekend to lock myself in and play!
you do still have a lot of fiberglass work to go. Itchie,Itchie!!!!!!! ha ha!
great job and I am glad you are doing yours the same time as mine we keep each other motivated!
Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly,
I expect to see reports and pictures as you drive from Archie's to Cali in your car!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Curly,
I expect to see reports and pictures as you drive from Archie's to Cali in your car!

Road trip Pic's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update on my choptop -

Sadness...

gunslinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
no shiggity.....................what happened.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 02:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Update on my choptop -

Sadness...

that is not the way to hide weed in your car!

dig that car out and get it back on the road. if not at least a car port or something.

PFF
System Bot
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Update on my choptop -

Sadness...

Say it aint so
GKDINC

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GKDINCSend a Private Message to GKDINCEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's getting there Joe, Keep posting the pic's as things move along.
Good Luck
Gary
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Gary. My goal is to have it done for Daytona if all goes well. So far its been smooth sailing.

Joe
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Update on my choptop -

Sadness...

Wow..... I am really sorry about your car....
I hope that you at least took it home.

Just to think that if something like that was to happen to me......... it boils my blood.
When I was growing I remember hearing -----"Every dog has its day" and "what goes around comes around"
I really hope that the "person" responsible for this -------LOYDE------- from FAST FIEROS in Texas gets what he deserves.
I know that he had some personal issues..... but there is no excuse for this.

[This message has been edited by 85LAMB (edited 10-21-2008).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 10:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Update on my choptop -

Sadness...

Bring it back Will

Archie
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Bring it back Will...
Archie

Agreed...sometimes a Choptop that's been left out in the weeds to rot has to go back to Archie for freshening up. Don't ask me how I know that.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Agreed...sometimes a Choptop that's been left out in the weeds to rot has to go back to Archie for freshening up. Don't ask me how I know that.

What I ment was to bring it back to life.

Don't give up now.

Don't let it die like this.

Any other words that it will take to encourage you to carry on with your dream.

If you bring it here, that's fine. But save it no matter what, don't give up.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 10-20-2008).]

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 11:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just to reiterate...

Here is the car Loyde has had "in the works" for over 2 years.

Here is a picture of NO $13k LS1/4t65e-HD in my engine bay.

And for those who say I can just pull up with a trailer and take my car home. There is a newly installed fence blocking the back in addition to many cars in the way.

I have no idea what to do. I really want Loyde to finish what we agreed on, and up until a few months ago I really believed he would. I have called, txted, emailed, and even banged on his door several times and left a note to no avail. I have contacted a lawyer and paid him a retainer to start drawing up a lawsuit for legal fees + either the completion of the project as agreed, or the return of my car and my money. We will be filing a non-consensual lien against him within the next 2 weeks. I really don't want to sue Loyde, but at this point, I can't take any chances on losing a $20k+ total investment.

--Will

P.S. I would have taken more pics, but I was pretty upset on finding my car in this condition so I just left.

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 10-20-2008).]

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will-Martin

1164 posts
Member since Aug 2002

Originally posted by Archie:

What I ment was to bring it back to life.

Don't give up now.

Don't let it die like this.

Any other words that it will take to encourage you to carry on with your dream.

If you bring it here, that's fine. But save it no matter what, don't give up.

Archie

Thanks Archie, I am still holding out hope!

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You've got a group of guys here local that are more than willing to help freshen it back up and bring it back to life. I just hate to see it that way. Last time I had seen it it was in front.

I just wish the old group still existed.

If this crew was still building cars we'd be done in NO TIME!

[This message has been edited by DIY_Stu (edited 10-21-2008).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will,........ i am just speechless.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I have missed some the story here?? Why won't he give your car and $$ back, and why does he not respond? So, there was also a fence put up to block you from taking your car back? Seems to me if he had the time to do that....he could have picked up the phone.
Is he like a cat hoarder, but with Fieros or something?
gunslinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you have the title get a court order to take ownership of the car or just let us do an OJ on him.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will, If you just want to talk you can call me. I don't know if I can help, but I've been where you are now and it's a painful journey.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its not that I just want the car as I don't think he would sell it or harm it or anything. I just want him to finish the dang thing like I paid him to do.
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 07:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man it sucks to see the car like that but I am sure at this point that you have no choice but to go the route with the courts. I dont see how he got this far without being sued and to think that when I first got here I was thinking of dropping my car off with him and now I am glad that I did not

------------------

Indy#64~FieroNews~Boots~Bag s~Wallets~Headliner~Spare Cover~
Visors~Sunshads and T-Top Sunshades~Download the Fieronews Catalog HERE~

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2008 03:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just want him to finish the dang thing like I paid him to do.

Will, I'm sure your lawyer is giving you good advice, so you have to be aware that it's very difficult to enforce specific performance as a remedy. In other words, the court is going to find it difficult to force Loyde to work on your car. In cases like this they are probably going to order your car returned and monetary damages in some amount. I'm not a lawyer, but that's the way Judge Judy and the People's Court resolved cases like this.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 07:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Will, I'm sure your lawyer is giving you good advice, so you have to be aware that it's very difficult to enforce specific performance as a remedy. In other words, the court is going to find it difficult to force Loyde to work on your car. In cases like this they are probably going to order your car returned and monetary damages in some amount. I'm not a lawyer, but that's the way Judge Judy and the People's Court resolved cases like this.

Well I have a very good friend who is a lawyer and he will be handling it if it comes to that. I definately would not want him coming after me for money, I will just say that much.

--Will
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lawyer?
you are more forgiving than I would be. fence or not I would go get my car then sue!
all that work and money just rotting in a yard I would be pissed!
get your paperwork for the car and call the police to meet you there so you can get your car out of there.
then get the lawyer to take care of the rest.
I had a person work on one of my cars before and they sold parts off my car while it was there. I got the car out of there and had another mechanic put it back together then sued the first one for all the cost and then some.
people piss me off!
Good luck Will, keep us posted.
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Talked to Curly a few minutes ago and he should be leaving Oklahoma City shortly and headed west on I-40 so keep your eyes peeled
We will probably be meeting in Flagstaff AZ for breakfast on Friday morning if anyone is around that area and wants to see the car in person.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

Talked to Curly a few minutes ago and he should be leaving Oklahoma City shortly and headed west on I-40 so keep your eyes peeled
We will probably be meeting in Flagstaff AZ for breakfast on Friday morning if anyone is around that area and wants to see the car in person.

Get pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will get pictures. We should be meeting up around 3:00 - 4:00 PM on Friday.
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I love the look of choptops - when DrCPU let me sit in Taz at the 25th, I was reminded why I went the Roadster route

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fiero2m8:

I love the look of choptops - when DrCPU let me sit in Taz at the 25th, I was reminded why I went the Roadster route

OH, come-on, you're sitting on a stack of books.

Archie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any curly sightings along the way ?
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

that is not the way to hide weed in your car!

dig that car out and get it back on the road. if not at least a car port or something.

haha thats funny
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2008 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well we met up and had a steak and a nice visit at Outback in Flagstaff. Here are a couple of pictures, there will be more posted in the morning.

------------------

Chop Top 13 Revitalization

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 03:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey curly there is an outback here in chico and a very good chinese place in sac my treat. lol Still can't wait untill i can see your car.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice pics, show us more please.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock