Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 10)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108036 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2006 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Man thats some good memories. That was my 2003 Christmas gift...a choptop! And I have been good this year.....so keep the doors open Archie........"I'll be back."

Notice the roof line next to the building's window? Man...thats a big change.

I don't think curly was serious when he posted this!

(again insert stupid page owning comment here)

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 10-01-2006).]

IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2006 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Grab some popcorn and a fountain drink! Pics sent to Tony.

My Visit to Orville's Monster Garage. Can you say, "Pontiac Excitement." I have several pics and will last from Mon-Thurs. Please take notice of EVERY THING!!!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2006 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Madcurl's visit to Orvilles.

His newest choptop !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-01-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2006 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003
More

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2006 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Round II: More pics of Orville's third creation. I've counted at least 9-10 items I found very, very interesting. Pics of the 1999 Eclipse glass have been sent to Exoticse for your enjoyment.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2006 11:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Round II: More pics of Orville's third creation. I've counted at least 9-10 items I found very, very interesting. Pics of the 1999 Eclipse glass have been sent to Exoticse for your enjoyment.

Second batch

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2006 11:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Third batch of pics

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Thanks Tony for posting pics. More to come!

For those who have noticed, Orville made & laid a metal frame work for the placement of the 1999 Eclipse windshield along the sides and he extended and welded a shelf like for the bottom that extend out from the dash area. As for the A-pillers, the upper area fixs perfectly but the 1999 windshield bows inward along the side edges which is why he used the metal frame work. Over-all, the 1999 windshield has an increased curviture from my observation vs. the stock Fiero windshield. I'll test this theory next week when I roll into Bakersfield for Operation: Sandwich.

The lower half of the 1999 windshield reaches over the stock wiper blades. Orville then moved forward and made brackets for each wiper blade. The stock air-vent opening is still operational w/o any obstruction. The 1999 glass is made by PPG. One of the BEST companies for replacement glass. Orville said, he purchased another glass from Mexico and it broke before he could get it onto the car. As most should know, Orville uses his own custom front nose piece, similar to Norms but----different, so the stock hood safety hooks are not useful in this case. By using a fiberglass hood, Orville is able to cut the custom one-piece hood around the 1999 Eclispe windshield.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-03-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Madcurl's visit to Orvilles.

Observation II:

As you've noticed, the back-end is chopped and the deck lid is a three part set-up using two separate Fiero deck lids and a center piece from the Fiero hood (not in the picture). The chopped rear-end reminds me of a Fiero I've seen here on PFF which closely resembles a "Go Cart" IMO (I like). I like the this idea since Orville's front-end is reduced.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2006 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by jmbishop:
I don't think curly was serious when he posted this!

It seem that for 2006, I've behaving, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-03-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2006 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fresh batch

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-04-2006).]

PFF
System Bot
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More pics of Orville's creation: (when I first saw these I had no idea what I was looking at)

Moving that lower lip of the windshield out and relocating the wipers is exactly what the chop t-top needs. If only I had the mad skills of Orville I could acomplish it.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jscott1

21676 posts
Member since Dec 2001

Over-all, the 1999 windshield has an increased curviture from my observation vs. the stock Fiero windshield. I'll test this theory next week when I roll into Bakersfield for Operation: Sandwich.

Please measure every dimension of the 1999 Eclipse windshield. This may be the windshield I need for the T-top Chopper.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
Please measure every dimension of the 1999 Eclipse windshield. This may be the windshield I need for the T-top Chopper.

This will happen next week during, "Operation: Sandwitch."
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could this be Madcurl's Arch Rival's , Arch Rival?? or chopper #5 for Curly.
Steven Snyder

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The chopped rear-end reminds me of a Fiero I've seen here on PFF which closely resembles a "Go Cart" IMO (I like).

This one?

I think it belongs to Nashco.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep. That's the one.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2006 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Steven Snyder:

This one?

I think it belongs to Nashco.

Everytime I see this I think, "this can't be a real car?" But I suppose it is.

Can't wait to see more of Orville's creation.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2006 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics borrowed from the CTHC event:

To date: The Largest gathering of Archie's Choptops ever! (8) total

Will next's years, "CTHC II" break the record? Or will D7???

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-09-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2006 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More visual chronicles of Orville's 3rd choptop via the eyes and lens of Madcurl.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2006 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any recent sightings of that charocal v-8 Archie choptop that resides in Tacoma, Washington ??
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2006 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A electrician arrived at the house to install a third work lamp (for free) so I got a chance to pull #015 chopper out of the garage. The problem? A hail-storm was brewing raining hail the size of a jaw-breaker. I replaced two radiator hoses on #011 which took a couple of hours....geezs! I later drove #011 out of the garage to get the air-bubble out.

Several people started to gather...including some nice Morman kids on their bikes. He wanted some pictures so I let him shoot a few which in turn, created a small gathering of neighbors. Fours later, I finally got around to getting the air bubble out of the system and washing the car. A couple of school girls wanted to take a look at the car and asked a few questions about the car. She said that her friend owns a yellow one at her high school (Hmm. I've never seen it in town). Next door neighbor's gardener stopped and a few contractors. I pulled the car inside and started polishing the front rims. I had "peace" from that time onward.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-17-2006).]

chopfren-z

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2006 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chopfren-zSend a Private Message to chopfren-zEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If only the car was'nt so borring. hahaha.....
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2006 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

so I got a chance to pull #015 chopper out of the garage.

A new show idea for the Powerblock on Spike TV... "Madcurl's Garage"

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2006 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wasted Adventures.

As some people would know, mounting 19/20 combos isn't a easy task. You need to find the correct place, using the correct machine, and most importantly----the correct rim/tire mechanic. That's what I set out to do while on my vacation last week. Well, 45 miles later, I arrived at the shop and the machine was broken. I guess Pacific Tire in Bakersfield forgot to inform about that when I talked to them prior to my 90-mile round trip visit.

The guy in-charged tried to make up for the mistake by offering to use the other machine but, only after the head tire mechanic caught-up with prior work (45 minutes later). He wanted him to concentrate w/o any distractions because he knew that "if" the mechanic "slips"....they'll pay for repairing of the rim. I decided to passed and told him I'll come back once the plastic lip was replaced on the correct tire machine. I went home and started polishing the other rim.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More good stuff from Madcurl's visit to Orville's shop.

Ferrari concept

Curly u will have to explain this one.

Molds hanging.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-19-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2006 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ferrari concept

Curly u will have to explain this one.

The Ferrari concept was giving to Orville by Dale for some visual que's and the bike/scooter idea well....IT'S A CHOPPER, hehe. Orville has many ideal hanging or laying around the shop, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-20-2006).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2006 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Took the Taz out for a little spin tonight. Stopped at a meeting and got there at 8:00pm. It was dark, and a bunch of guys thought for sure I was driving a Pantera. The chop and Corvette tail lights really make the difference. I wanted to post some pics of a pantera, but PIP gives me a runtime error "Type mismatch -13". Will try to post pics tomorrow.

Dave

------------------

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More visual chronicles of Orville's 3rd choptop via the eyes and lens of Madcurl.

Any updates on Orville #3??

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2006 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Has there been any recent contacts with or sightings of the charcoal choptop that resides in Washington State ???
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2006 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was at Trends and one of the workers mentioned that they saw a few Fiero's at a mid-night car show. Keith (orange N* notchback) and Steve's (Foose 5-star VDC) rides were at the show. The worker mention to them that my cars are painted by Trends and Steve and Keith told them that they knew me. Small world isn't? I showed the worker pics of #020 and a silent 30 second pause took place. He couldn't believe that the 350Z rear window is being used. Actually, he though it was #015 so 5 minutes later he figured it out, hehe.

A couple of guys arrived at the house to hang some cabinets and things ( a freebee/no charge). Well, 30-minutes after explaining they finally got around to installing the cabinets. (note to self....next time cover the choptops).
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2006 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took #015 out for a spin and some gas. I installed the MOMO shifter since the other one is on #020 chopper.

What happen? As usual, nobody had a clue as to what it was that I was driving. As I was inside the gas quickie mart, a couple of guys walked over by the car and starred for few seconds. Once I got home I started to worry, "I need more garage room." Good thing #020 is at Archie's, hehe.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-19-2006 03:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:
Any updates on Orville #3??

It's been a few weeks since I've stopped by Orville's monster garage. He just turned 75 yrs old and is still cranking out [his] version of a choptop. Enjoy.
Orville's 3rd creation

Edit: these are old pics since I've talked to Orville. He has installed the rear glass. I'll pay him a visit this week.

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it ever is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can be a reality."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 11-19-2006).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-30-2006 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exoticse - You ask and you shall receive.....

I had a work meeting (team building excercise) and the whole dividion I work in was invited to an afternoon of fun bowling. I was supposed to drop the TAZ off at the paint shop at 4:30pm so it was a last chance to dirve before the looong sleep.

Weather in southern Ontario has been awesome the last week - 15c pretty much every day. It was warm, but raining quite a bit. Anyway I drove to the bowling alley in the TAZ. Several of the wimen in the division are - how do you say - very well endowed =8^). The one woman - I don't know her name - is a 9 outta 10. After the game - I walked back to my car - and a bunch of the guys that work for me checked out my work on the scoop. The looker was walking by just as I was getting into the car. SHe stopped dead in her tracks and really looked the car over - I could almost read her mind and I'm guessing this is what went through her mind = "Holy crap - that's one spiffy car" "too bad I'm married - or I'd jump your bones right on the spot!"

hhhaaaaahaaaa tee heee heee!

Ah to be superficial and delusional!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2006 12:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

The one woman - I don't know her name - is a 9 outta 10. After the game - I walked back to my car - The looker was walking by just as I was getting into the car. SHe stopped dead in her tracks and really looked the car over - I could almost read her mind and I'm guessing this is what went through her mind = "Holy crap - that's one spiffy car" "too bad I'm married - or I'd jump your bones right on the spot!"

Having a hot chick stopped in her tracks.....Priceless.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Our first Major choptop Reunion: Saving for next years meet from the CTHC thread.

The rear glass is from a 350Z

Now let's take a look at troyboy's toy:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-02-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2006 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
(pics thanks to GonsaiPK)

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-02-2006).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2006 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

I had a work meeting (team building excercise) and the whole dividion I work in was invited to an afternoon of fun bowling. I was supposed to drop the TAZ off at the paint shop at 4:30pm so it was a last chance to dirve before the looong sleep.

Weather in southern Ontario has been awesome the last week - 15c pretty much every day. It was warm, but raining quite a bit. Anyway I drove to the bowling alley in the TAZ. Several of the wimen in the division are - how do you say - very well endowed =8^). The one woman - I don't know her name - is a 9 outta 10. After the game - I walked back to my car - and a bunch of the guys that work for me checked out my work on the scoop. The looker was walking by just as I was getting into the car. SHe stopped dead in her tracks and really looked the car over - I could almost read her mind and I'm guessing this is what went through her mind = "Holy crap - that's one spiffy car" "too bad I'm married - or I'd jump your bones right on the spot!"

Thanks Dr !

I needed a choptop chronicle fix.
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2006 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-OEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pardon my barging in here, but I thought that since I am planning to create a Fiero badge specifically for Choptops, I'd show it here in case anyone was interested in adding it to theirs...

I also took the liberty of using a yellow Notchie as a backdrop for the badge, if it's yours let me know, if not, I guess I'm safe... Clicking on the image above will take you to the badge thread.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2006 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Feed me.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock