Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 22)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108040 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2009 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My next door neighbor asked me what I had in the back. I guess in his mind, a Caddy motor would be too big, hehe.
IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2009 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone heard from Godfather lately?
anyway if you see this how about an update? LOL
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Anyone heard from Godfather lately?
anyway if you see this how about an update? LOL
D.

Yeah, we're at war!

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Yeah, we're at war!

why was I not invited????? I always miss out on all the fun stuf
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still here. Nothing to update. Been working alot its either feast or famine so the car hasn't gotten much attention. I go into the garage and stare at it for awhile thinking of the tweaks it needs, but no time to do them. Hopefully soon. Until then its up to you Dean.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-23-2009 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Still here. Nothing to update. Been working alot its either feast or famine so the car hasn't gotten much attention. I go into the garage and stare at it for awhile thinking of the tweaks it needs, but no time to do them. Hopefully soon. Until then its up to you Dean.

He lives!!!
I understand my work has been crazy this year, up and down.
I come home and work on the car till around 8pm almost all week but the wife is starting to get bugged by it.
so I will just have to back off for a few days. but I am going to the swapmeet this weekend
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2009 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When I called ECS Tuning regarding my application... the sales clerk chuckled. Oh well, no need to cry over spilled milk.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-27-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 01:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

When I called ECS Tuning regarding my application... the sales clerk chuckled. Oh well, no need to cry over spilled milk.

Curly, they don't do you any good in the box! are they installed yet?
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-04-2009 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly, they don't do you any good in the box! are they installed yet?
D.

I've been soooo busy at work (96 hrs straight!) and I haven't had the time to install them. Anyway, it takes me about a week or two to figure out (in my mind) "how" I want them installed, flow with C6 foog lamps, and other tweaking. I still need to finish the passenger side lamps. I've reviewed Troy's thread over and over again--- so it should work.

Originally posted by Archie:

Ok, the lights came in & we have some pics.

For the light beams to be pointed straight down the road, the edges indicated by arrows need to be pointed forward on the car.

We think that the top part of the light (covered in cardboard) is an area that is covered up by the hood or other bodywork in the light's original application.

More pics in a few minutes...

Originally posted by Archie:

We're thinking the the area of the light assembly that is covered with the cardboard above, is going to have to be mounted up into the top wall of the top scoop area. (see arrow)

For the lenses to be pointed in the right direction the lights will have to be mounted in deeper on the outside end & shallow on the inboard end.

More pics

Enjoy

Archie

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At least somebody driving their choptop!

Jim88GT;

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We need to work on some choptop video !
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

we need to work on our cars first! LOL
D.

F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

At least somebody driving their choptop!

Jim88GT;

I drive mine as a daily driver when my wife is not driving it.

edit to remove quote picture

[This message has been edited by F355spider (edited 05-07-2009).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

1870 posts
Member since Jul 2004

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddGcJ39olc [/youtube]
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2009 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

we need to work on our cars first! LOL
D.

Cool video F355spider
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2009 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks,
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool video F355spider

x2

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-10-2009).]

DIY_Stu

Feedback score:    (50)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 111
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 01:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DIY_StuClick Here to visit DIY_Stu's HomePageSend a Private Message to DIY_StuEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you get clearance for take off first?
FierociousGT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool video F355spider

x2

x3

[This message has been edited by FierociousGT (edited 05-10-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

[youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddGcJ39olc [/youtube]

Yeah i already knew about this one, i have been watching it over and over for months hehehehe.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-10-2009 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

Thanks,

You're welcome.

http://www.madmechanics.com...o-'like'-fiero-!/30/

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2009 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I called Orville a few minutes ago to see how he's doing and he informed me that something exciting will happen in a few weeks-- stay tuned.

welllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ?????
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2009 03:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm too busy to check.

Choptop haven;

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2009 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I talked to Orville today. I'll be by his house on Tuesday.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I talked to Orville today. I'll be by his house on Tuesday.

Well, I came early, hehe. I spent part of day hanging out with Orville today. Like always, I multi-tasked a few things. First on the list.

a. Let's see what Orville's been up too.

I must say, #3OHB is coming along nicely. If I could describe what's the car is taking form--- unique side vents that travel the distant of rear clip behind the doors. It somewhat reminds me of a Veyron in that the part or vent looks similar, but on the other hand it doesn't (which is a good thing IMO). Here's a pic of the vent add ons.

these are to be mounted behind the door starting from the sail window down the base of the rear clip

Here's a pic of clamped vents on the car (you get a sense of where Orvilles headed). IMO I think the side vents match the entire verses before. There's always room for additional tweaking.

Side note; If I may add, the upper left window corner (near the newly formed vent) is now angled to the right. Thus Orville is eliminating the "L" corner of the door and is using a "/". You can see it here in this pics since I was too busy doing other things.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-26-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
In this pic you can see that the vents are placed outside the body by 2" or so inches allowing for air to flow inward. Also, the sail window are totally void thus Orville is thinking about camera lens or maybe not.

Side note: the sail clip will be modified similarly to the 1990 Concept which contained a roof or self like bridge. Pretty good for those sunny days when the sun is beating on your neck while driving.

Okay here's a closer look of the slanted corner "\";

Side note: inside the elongated vent will house several horizontal vents. The lamborghini Mura has similar vents starting from the upper portion behind the door down the sides.

Example of horizontal vents to used (similar to the Ferrrari)

Orville will use round fixed headlamps instead of the retractable ones he once had

Okay, here we see that Orville has eliminated the headlamps, glassed over the area and will now use a vacuumed from plastic to house circular headlamps.

SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 01:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Curly....where did Orville relocate his rad to? Or did he just move it back? Do you have any pics of his cars with the front off, so we can see the chassis?

------------------
Order Pennock's Forum decals in this thread. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/040445.html
Other decal, poster, banner, floor graphic needs, go here: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/045657.html

2" Choptop
Shortened Front Bumper
Shortened Rear Bumper
10" Stretch
Dubs
350 V8 Conversion pushing 350 ponies!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

Hey Curly....where did Orville relocate his rad to? Or did he just move it back? Do you have any pics of his cars with the front off, so we can see the chassis?

It's located up front, but similarly mounted like the replica Muira at V8Archie's at a angle (there's pics somewhere on this thread). The oil cooler is located on the passenger side--- located within the vent.

(not the best pic, but hey... it's good enough for me, hehe)

Okay, here's a couple of cut out pics of of the headlamps;

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-26-2009 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Okay, here's something new (for me that is). keep in mind, I wasn't taking notes, but listening to what was being said, so if you want additional info you'll have to PM Orville.

The shell like objects on the left are bases to which the lexan (plastic) lens will get it's shape from. The box on the right is a vacuum device that allows for increased suction to form the desired shape, that being the shell like object. On the far rigtht ( you can't see it here in the pic) is a heater like grid that will warm the plastic (making soft enough to shape). Once soft enough the plastic is then laid on top of the shell like objects.

There's a lever that allows a door to be placed over the wooded area thus sealing it tight. The PVC pipe is hooked up to a vacuum cleaner thus creating a vacuum to form the desired pattern. On the opposite side is additional pipe for increased suction using a pump. Once cooled, the result is a vacuumed formed lens for the headlamps. Anyway, Orville built the contraption out of wood.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-31-2009 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The guy is a true craftsman. Nice way to make a DIY vacuum made part. The car is different looking Kit Car than most you see.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finaly got the chance to go to Archies and the Dells. this was one of the best trips I have taken. we had a blast at Archies
here are some pics I got while we were there. Clay's car pic's I posted in his thread.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2009 08:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#022 at the Dells 2009

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-01-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-02-2009 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Canadian choptop update !

Car-lo opting to not go with a different style wing after removing his raised wing with wingtips.

Meanwhile some tweeking coming to the rear.

(before)

(during)

(after)

Some mesh going in the new opening, to help keep things cooled down.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 01:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tweaking is Cool.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2009 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Orville: Papa gotta brand new bag.

Vacuum formed lens are made;

Held suspension, but using stock brakes.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 11:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Orville is a mad genius.

Man i wish i lived closer to this guy to gain some of his knowledge.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-05-2009 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Orville is a mad genius.

Man i wish i lived closer to this guy to gain some of his knowledge.

When I met him at the Knot's Berry Farm show a few years ago, I told him that I was glad I didn't live next door to him because things would get crazy.

And I mean crazy in a good way.

Archie
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2009 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Orville: Papa gotta brand new bag.

What''s going on at the rear of this car? Looks like a new rear clip or something. Orville is a mad genius, (and I say that in the most positive way possible.)

CETICARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-07-2009 08:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CETICARSSend a Private Message to CETICARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Canadian choptop update !

Car-lo opting to not go with a different style wing after removing his raised wing with wingtips.

Meanwhile some tweeking coming to the rear.

(before)

(during)

(after)

Some mesh going in the new opening, to help keep things cooled down.

I AM VERY INTERESTED IN ONE OF HIS REAR BUMPER

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So is it true this car cost the owner $180,000.00 ????????????

#022 at the Dells 2009

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock