Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 25)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108006 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

#011 at the movies. Yeah, I drive my baby, hehe.

That is still one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen.
IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2010 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

That is still one of the most beautiful cars I have ever seen.

It is about to get even more beautiful !
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2010 12:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

It is about to get even more beautiful !

Come on Tony be more specific !!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Come on Tony be more specific !!

Still fuzzy ? Nothing Curly hasn't already disclosed.
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2010 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Still fuzzy ? Nothing Curly hasn't already disclosed.

LOL. I haven't been on the forum for awhile, so I wasn't up to date. Thanks
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#022 takes 1st prize at the Long Island Corvette Car Show April 11th, 2010.

(If you notice the trophy- that's a Corvette on top).

#022 pretty much stormed through the sea of Corvettes and won over Corvette owners. Troy spent 99% of his time talking to the people at the show. What was the highlight of the show? #022. What amazed the crowds flocking to #022? Mainly, the LS7 (it's a Corvette group). They were impressed by the workmanship and how the engine sits beautifully inside the engine bay. Oh yeah, the crowds were impressed by the body, headlamps, and many other items... including the HREs (but HRE aren't special among Corvette owners, because HRE are the wheel of choice).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-11-2010).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2010 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way To Go, Troy.

Archie
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 02:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#022 takes 1st prize at the Long Island Corvette Car Show April 11th, 2010.

She didn't take home First prize, that went to a cherry 1962 corvette stingray, but she did place in the top three out of 300 cars and 25 trophies. #22 is now booked for over 10 car shows with front row parking( what ever that means?) and promotional photos. All the shows are for charity

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 04-12-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2010 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troy, did anybody notice that #022 is chopped? Did anybody ask you to turn the engine over? Oh yeah, comparing the Fiero's LS7 sound to that of a Corvette- did they both sound similar?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-12-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2010 02:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey Troy, did anybody notice that #022 is chopped? Did anybody ask you to turn the engine over? Oh yeah, comparing the Fiero's LS7 sound to that of a Corvette- did they both sound similar?

I talked to Troy and I was glad to hear that nobody noticed that #022 was chopped. Keep in mind- those in attendance are not use to seeing Fieros (yet alone a fastback) at The Corvette Long Island shows. The ones that are in attendance are Fiero replicas. Troy was talking to a real Lamborghini owner at the show. The owner was bit ill-disposed regarding Countach replicas thus raising the trunk required to prove otherwise. As for sound comparisons' Troy pointed out that a Stock Corvette isn't as loud as #022 (due to the custom and much shorter exhaust).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-13-2010).]

Sharkman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2010 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SharkmanSend a Private Message to SharkmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here in sweden a rice car site said that my car looked good and that only some LED:s and a nice paint can turn the fiero to a realy nice car.
Also on the Custom motor show not many could tell that my car was a choptop. They stod there woundering why my car was soooooooooooooo good looking

http://main.superiorimports...page-1/#comment-3906
Translation of the text would be something like:
Run past this car a couple of times now. I really stand for that the Pontiac Fiero is a cool car even if it´s an old car. The lines are timeless. Not many of the American cars have that. 90% of the cars from the 80:s was ugly and boring.
Why over do it when a nice paintjob and some LEDs makes the car look like this? Nice work of the owner and for the show to place the car here on elmia. The boring thing is the heavy V6 in these cars.

[This message has been edited by Sharkman (edited 04-14-2010).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2010 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sharkman:
Here in sweden a rice car site said that my car looked good and that only some LED:s and a nice paint can turn the fiero to a realy nice car. Also on the Custom motor show not many could tell that my car was a choptop. They stod there woundering why my car was soooooooooooooo good looking

This is good news the here. I know here in CA, not many non-Fiero owners ever notice, but they do detect that something is different (outside that is).

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-21-2010 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Saw something at a recent exotic car show that reminded me of Choptop #13.

I remember when Fierotaz was tinkering around with camera style mirrors.

Saw a similair concept on a high dollar exotic,... the Ferrari FXX

This car is the race version of the Enzo, so the idea is in very good company !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-21-2010).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2010 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was digging through some old pictures today and had a silent moment for the Mutt. I found a few pictures I do not think were ever posted. Hard to believe all those years have passed since I built the first all glass window Chop Top Fiero.

Here is one were I was putting in the 4.9

I sure did like those Mr. Mike seats. They were worth the money
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 01:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow....that is awesome. Nice choices DL10.

[This message has been edited by Falcon Fiero (edited 05-07-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-07-2010 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

amazing !

Congratulations DL10. The GBCT looks better than ever !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-18-2010 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#022 spotted at local fish market picking up crustaceans.

This past weekend, Troyboy took #022 out to a local pier dinner/fish market to pick-up a few crustaceans. While Troy was looking for a parking place, the owner of the restaurant spotted #022, removed the orange cones out front, and quickly waved him-in as patrons turned their attention away from their usual menu to a different type of dish--À la carte chop top. The owner and Troy briefly exchanged greetings and Troy walked inside. When Troy came back, a crowd had gathered around the car, but Troy was able to sneak-in; and before they had a chance to bombard him with questions, Troy was goosing the throttle. However, one gentlemen was able to squeeze-off a few questions, " what type of car was it?" and "what type of engine do your have?" After quickly answering, Troy left--leaving the crowd viewing the Pontiac lamp in the back.

Sorry: no pictures were taken.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-23-2010).]

JPH87

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 01:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JPH87Send a Private Message to JPH87Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its a tough burden to bear when you have that nice of a car hehe
Mr.PBody

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post05-19-2010 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.PBodyClick Here to visit Mr.PBody's HomePageSend a Private Message to Mr.PBodyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That looks hot. Thumbs up.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-20-2010 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#4 getting juiced.

Series 2 3800sc engine and tranny arrived today !!

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post05-21-2010 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony, that would work way better in the car
D.
Doni Hagan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post05-22-2010 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doni HaganSend a Private Message to Doni HaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm always amazed at the "love-hate" relationship people have with choptops. I once posted that I was considering it and got across-the-board reactions, the primary complaint being cabin height. I'm only 5'7" so I don't see that as a reason not to do it.

I'm still considering it but I'd likely let Archie do it than tackle it myself.

------------------

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This past weekend Troy took #022 out "on a roll" headed to the Atlantic coast--sweet!

Rolling through the F40 gears down this 2-lane hwy.

The road is trolled by cops looking for speeders and occasional front license plate violators.

Destination; the beach.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 05-24-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Video 1 of 3. Chop Top #010; Jim88GT.

Doc John

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-24-2010 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Doc JohnSend a Private Message to Doc JohnEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Destination; the beach.

Maybe it's just the angle of this photo, but the subwoofer in #022 looks big enough to blow the windshield and sunroof right off the car.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-25-2010 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim88GT taking #010 out "on a Roll."

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-01-2010 12:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Swwweeet NEW choptop video of Car-2-lo up in canada !!!!

His buddy does a little suspension work for him then takes it for a spirited test drive ! Man that car looks sweet flying down the road, and the sc sounds NICE !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3tGyod8IUs

choptop (slow roll) plus other.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...t7Ls&feature=channel

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-01-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-04-2010 09:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doIZoSsvCRM

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-04-2010).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Doni Hagan:

I'm always amazed at the "love-hate" relationship people have with choptops. I once posted that I was considering it and got across-the-board reactions, the primary complaint being cabin height. I'm only 5'7" so I don't see that as a reason not to do it.

I'm still considering it but I'd likely let Archie do it than tackle it myself.

If you do have one built, make sure it is the car you want to keep for the rest of your life. They are near impossible to sell. Most people like the way they look but that is about it. I like to build cars then sell and build something different and my experience with spending money on a Fiero is just not worth it at all. Once I sell (give away mine). I will not own one for me again. There are a couple Chops for sale at this time one is a car I built and own. The other looks nice and can be bought for $3,000.00 it is in the Mall section at this time. Whatever you decide good luck with it.
shawnk

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for shawnkSend a Private Message to shawnkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

when i first saw this picture i wondered how you made a model of your car. then realized it wasnt a model. scale is blowing my mind the perspective is so crazy in this picture.

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-11-2010 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
never mind.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-11-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2010 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok here we go.

There is a new arrival on the choptop scene. The owner shall remain un-named for now, but here are the latest build pics.

First she or he was considering going with this look, without the windshield layed back,...(note the clip is just layed on for effect)

After further review the decision was made to make some modifications.

more to definatly come !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-14-2010).]

Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks familiar!

------------------
86 SE ChopTop 4 Speed 3.4 "The Short Bus"

"For Sale"

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-14-2010 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by shawnk:
when i first saw this picture i wondered how you made a model of your car. then realized it wasnt a model. scale is blowing my mind the perspective is so crazy in this picture.

It is perfect enough to be a model... Cant wait to see the tweaks coming... Any more hints..??
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2010 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A rolling shot of Bob & Marg's Choptop (winner of the best non-stock Fiero at the show).

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok here we go.

There is a new arrival on the choptop scene. The owner shall remain un-named for now, but here are the latest build pics.

First she or he was considering going with this look, without the windshield layed back,...(note the clip is just layed on for effect)

After further review the decision was made to make some modifications.

more to definatly come !

Has that 350ZX roof line to it.

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post06-16-2010 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A rolling shot of Bob & Marg's Choptop (winner of the best non-stock Fiero at the show).

Sweet, Gianna Blitz rims! I had those for my Solstice for a short while....very cool how the inserts can be painted to match...
Those look REALLY good on that Fiero.

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-18-2010 09:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice... I am soooo undecided on what rims to get....
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock