Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 11)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108039 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
jmbishop

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 169
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2006 08:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jmbishopSend a Private Message to jmbishopEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Pardon my barging in here, but I thought that since I am planning to create a Fiero badge specifically for Choptops, I'd show it here in case anyone was interested in adding it to theirs...

I also took the liberty of using a yellow Notchie as a backdrop for the badge, if it's yours let me know, if not, I guess I'm safe... Clicking on the image above will take you to the badge thread.

I originally wanted no badges on my car, but I'm starting to want one of these.

[This message has been edited by jmbishop (edited 12-19-2006).]

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2006 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We could very easily have lost a choptop today !!

i will let curly tell you about his close call. In the mean-time,..the pics !!

This images is larger than 100K. Click to view.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

I will let curly tell you about his close call.

A couple of weeks ago, I finally got around to installing the 235 tire onto the front HRE. #011 fluids and electrical systems were checked and I was "ready to roll." Anyway, at the last minute I decided not to drive the car to the Bay Area and instead drove the GST. While at work, I usually park in front of my office but due to a worker who works up stairs I've been parking under this 100+ yr old Pine tree.

Last week CA was being hit with gusty winds which have been toppling down old trees. Last week one of those trees fell down crashing on this girls car, totalling it. Granted, the Pine tree did fall in the opposite direction, the roots however....popped out of the ground which could have damamged the door or something. Oh yeah, the owner of the convenience store drives a new 350Z black convertable. His normal parking space was being occupied by the young girl who's car was crushed.

I haven't checked with my car insurance but, I don't know if a, "Act(s) of God" is covered but I think it is? In any case, I'll be parking in my normal location and not under the tree, hehe. As for the girls' car-----I think the owner of the property is responsible for damages since the Pine tree was on his lot. The girl btw didn't have car insurance nor a drivers' license so she maybe screwed?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2006 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Oh yeah, I hope that-2007 will be a "Good Year" for all choptop owners, hehe. I think Dr. CPU is headed that direction....his car is nearly painted.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 10:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A blast from the past.

The first ever choptop reunion (2006). Great time, great choptops, and more importantly good friends !

Kaleb

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2007 02:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KalebSend a Private Message to KalebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you gotta love what archie does....when is the choptop reunion this year? are finales allowed =) its not a choptop but it is from archie

------------------
Kaleb Z.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 04:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kaleb:

you gotta love what archie does....when is the choptop reunion this year? are finales allowed =) its not a choptop but it is from archie

Sure, bubbletops are always welcomed. When? Same time, same place, hehe.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I took a stroll out to Orville's Monster garage on Friday. Boy-o-boy,was I surprised and school'd at the same time! The class started around noonish that day and ended bout' 4-ish. We broke bread, chatted a bit, & then headed to the garage where the choptop beast layed upon it's under belly.

Orville was eye ball'n the Eclipse dash while I took some pics. I called Archie while I was there to review a few of #020's C6 modifications. The two choptop kings exchanged greeeting over the cell phone, hehe. I down loaded the digital pics onto the disc viewed them on T.V. for nearly 3-hours. I still need to perform, "OPERATION: SANDWITCH" on my next visit, hehe.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2007 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

I took a stroll out to Orville's Monster garage on Friday.

Can't wait to see Orville's latest chop top... He is definitely one of the chop top superfriends.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think most of the choptops are laid up right now undergoing bodywork.

The only people seemingly rolling are GTJeff, GMGW, Rodney, DL10, Jim88GT and a couple others.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2007 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think most of the choptops are laid up right now undergoing bodywork.

The only people seemingly rolling are GTJeff, GMGW, Rodney, DL10, Jim88GT and a couple others.

Orville has been spotted driving his choptop 3800SC in BAK.

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Orville has been spotted driving his choptop 3800SC in BAK.

New pictures of Orville's latest creation courtesy of Madcurl !

Two of PFF's most creative minds swapping ideas,...this could be dangerous !!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 02:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hanging out with Orville was a blast and I learned a few tricks. More pics of my Monstor Garage adventure in a few. Enjoy.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-22-2007).]

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cool
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hehe. I didn't notice at the time but, even Orville doing the pose.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-22-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hanging out with Orville was a blast and I learned a few tricks. More pics of my Monstor Garage adventure in a few. Enjoy.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2007 07:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Orville's vision is quite a bit different than mine, but I love his craftsmanship. And three chop tops! What an accomplishment!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Apparently the Redux caused quite the stir on it's way home from Trends !

Eh Curly ?

Next stop Archie's for a haircut !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Apparently the Redux caused quite the stir on it's way home from Trends !

Eh Curly ?

Next stop Archie's for a haircut !

Yep. The tow driver said people were slowing down to view it as he drove down the hwy.

Last week, while I was taking pics, several people in cars slowed down as they past the house. My Aunt said the lights looked really nice and better than my other cars. As for the Reduxs' haircut....sometime this year (I hope). I don't think it'll be #025 but but 30th sounds good to me.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-04-2007).]

87FieroGTx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 53
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 05:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroGTxClick Here to visit 87FieroGTx's HomePageSend a Private Message to 87FieroGTxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Lost one? It looks like you've GAINED ONE!

Sorry had to do it, sorry about the loss.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 87FieroGTx:

Sorry about the loss.

No lost. However, in my normal parking place a big ole' tree fell down and crushed a car. As for "gaining" a future choptop...the Redux has been in the planning for several years while #020 and #015 shared the limelight.

PFF
System Bot
Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i'm hopeful. just moved to a house with a bigger garage and i can actaully work on mine a little again (as opposed to being in a garage so stuffed with junk i couldn't even see it).

i have evn less money to put towards it though, so i may not be doing much more than pulling up a chair and looking at it while i daydream for a while.
Finally_Mine_86_GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 99
Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2007 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Finally_Mine_86_GTSend a Private Message to Finally_Mine_86_GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ceverhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 03:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ceverhartSend a Private Message to ceverhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am really wanting a chop top gt, my concern is that I am 6foot 5in tall. How tall are you guys that own them and how tight is the room?
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is a picture of my friends. Taylor on the driver side is 6'5 and his brother is 6'4. Taylor got in and out of the car with no problems but he did say he had to have his butt a little forward to avoid hitting his head.

ceverhart

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2007 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ceverhartSend a Private Message to ceverhartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
awesome, looks like I will be able to get one
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 01:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shout-out to Orville.

Thanks Orville for your input on the Eclipse windshield.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Italian exotics vs. A local Ford dealership: Can you order a part from a $160k car?

1. First off: Don't ramble, stick to the plan.

2. Know exactly which part you want. Act like you've been there, but don't be a total foul.....duh! Ask for the 10% discount stupid. After-all [they]think you own a Ford GT40 so you should be entitled to all benenfits; fine women and fine wines.

3. Lay down some plastic, don't act like you're at local Pick-a-Part----trying to bargain down to 99 cent. Next, look for the nearest exit and get the heck out. Don't ruin it by looking back to see if they're questioning your status (income). Remember, you might not like what you see and then turn into stone.

4. Pick-up the part, inspec it, don't gloat cause you got the part. After -all it may not work. Just get the heck out.

5. Once home, act like a school girl, perform a few cart-wheels and then lay the part onto your chopper and see if your pipe dream will work? If not, use it on the next chopper pipe dream. It's all good!

THE PART

4.9's photoshopn' skills:

[A Reality] of the Ford GT Pipe Dream PIPE:

I only ordered (1) part (left side) since I don't know 100% it will work but with some tweeking it should work (at least in my mind it does, hehe).

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-19-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Italian parts VS. American exotic cars parts:

I would imagine if I walked into the Ferrari parts department they'd run a check on my ven number to see if I actually own a Enzo and hose me down if my [name] didn't appear on they're data base, hehe. However, at the local Ford dealership they didn't ask, so I didn't divulge.

The Part:

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-19-2007).]

Philphine

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i don't know if the lenth would have been right (probaly too short on a guess), but it looks like you could cut a single louver out of a fast back gt engine vent and get a similar look.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2007 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Philphine:

i don't know if the lenth would have been right (probaly too short on a guess), but it looks like you could cut a single louver out of a fast back gt engine vent and get a similar look.

Yes. That was my original idea. To cut n' weld (lenghtwise) the stock vents for each side. Who knows, the GT40 vents may not work and I may need to rethink that original idea. Stay tuned!
PFF
System Bot
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 04:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just spent a good 3 hours reading through this whole thread without a pee break. This is good stuff. I held it.
Im interested in how to make windows for the chop tops.

------------------

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2007 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Italian parts VS. American exotic cars parts:...

I've ordered Corvette Parts from Ecklers and they don't question it either. But I do get their catelogs now. Brings back old memories, I used to live down the street from their facility and even bought a car from them back when they also had a Chevy dealership.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2007 12:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump

Seems like all the choptops are still laid up !?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Chris Hodson:

I just spent a good 3 hours reading through this whole thread without a pee break. This is good stuff. I held it.
Im interested in how to make windows for the chop tops.

Hold on Chris. The "World as we know it" is comming to a wide-end! j/k

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Bump

Seems like all the choptops are still laid up !?

Yep.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-07-2007 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Yep.

Hey Will-Martin. What the status on #019 chopper? Is there a "Texan choptop virus" floating around? Jscott has come down with the same choptop virus. Have you changed over to the fasback yet? Enquiring minds would like to know.
Chris Hodson

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-08-2007 06:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Chris HodsonSend a Private Message to Chris HodsonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hold on Chris. The "World as we know it" is comming to a wide-end! j/k

lolololololOLOOL K, i just peed myself lololLOL
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2007 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Spring Cleaning:

After 7-8" of snow, the snow has finally melted and the sun is now shinning. So, I grab of couple of soft rags and proceeded to buff the wheels and rims for #011 chopper. After loosing a whole day looking for my darn wheel locks....I finally switch-out the rims from #015 and put them on #011. I couldn't find my coil-over adjuster and I therefor couldn't raise the car and the car is "slammed." No sooner than I rasied the garage door, #011 caught the eye of a young 15 yr old.

After 15-20 minutes of answering questions, I quickly was off. A few people starred as I backed it in on a concrete downward slope. The VDC where still functioning, gauges, and N*.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-17-2007).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-26-2007 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any Choptop experiences at D7? Hello...comments? CPU, Archie, Troyboy?

Originally posted by Unsafe At Any Speed:

Wow, the white widebodies choptop turned out looking pretty good. I'll admit, that for some reason (whether it be camera angle or whatnot) that I saw in the build thread made the whole car look really wierd to me.

Originally posted by AJ7:

I want the white chopped/widebodied car

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-26-2007).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock