Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 33)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108036 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2011 08:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

Well as stated in Archies thread. #24 now has Paint! The mirros and deck vents I had powder coated black and the car color is Artic White with nothing added to the paint.
I used a very, very cheap paint where the whole kit was under $300.00....lol. I know , I know but this is a daily driver for me and is not babied. I expect rock chips and everything else.

More! More! More! Close-ups! (can you see I'm excited).

Also, please take several pics once the snow falls in your drive way.
IP: Logged
cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hehe. o.k. I will get some more. I think they should be posted in the Galloria right? This thread is for story time..lol.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today, I was coming back from the Cobbler's place and a four door Caddy was following me. I saw the car before in the neighborhood. It was a nice guy wanting to find out more about the chopper. He saw me before and new that I had a N* under the deck lid. We talked for about 20 or so minutes (that's about the time it takes to review some of the items when talking to people I've found). He really liked the car and how well I took good care of it.

He asked me if I was going to sell one of my cars I said, "No." I asked him he could buy one for they go on sale from tiem-to-time, but he said that would mean his wife would have to divorce him if he brought another car home. I continued, "Why didn't you buy one when the cars first came out?" He said, "He sat inside one, but couldn't get pass the 4-banger and later the 2.8." My reply, "Yeah, I know what you mean, but right after that companies were throwing V8s under the hood."

Anyway, he wanted to stay and it seemed like he wanted to ride, but his son was sitting in the car during the time we were talking, so he left. Who knows, he might be back for a ride. He said he owns a Buick national car. I'm sure he smile whenever he drives it.

In other news: I got three new pics of #020 with primer! I'm at work so I can't post. Sorry. I sent a few pics to choptop friends.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2011 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by cornersonrails:

hehe. o.k. I will get some more. I think they should be posted in the Galloria right? This thread is for story time..lol.

Yeah, your right. It's mainly pictorial, but this thread is for pictures too, but with a story line related to chop top themes and interactions with people and things. I can't wait to hear your experiences with people you meet.

Edit: new page and we need pics.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-05-2011).]

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2011 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WARNING!! Driving a widebody chop may cause others to have accidents!..lol. Sitting in a line of cars backed up at a light tonight the left lane was finally starting to back up. A car that was suppose to be coming to a stop, the guy was rubber necking as he was passing me. ....lol.. ended up having to lock up his brakes to avoid rear ending the car in front of him. Then I see a rear passenger window come down and a came out the window.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2011 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Late last night around 03:44 in the morning I pulled over to a rest stop for a quick release. A guy down at the other end in a light brown Mitsubushi SUV saw me pull in with the wings up. I walked to the mens room to do my business I notice him waltzing around the chopper. As I came back he was standing not that from from car and greeted me. He wanted to know what it was and how much? He was a yound guy around 20-22 yrs old.

I had to explain to him that the car isn't new and that it's nearly 25 yrs old or so. He asked me how much for them now? I told him, "Not much" and one guy sold one just like mine, but better for 12k. Anyway, I had to leave and I told him to look on the internet for a Fiero. I seriously need to start handing out V8Archie business cards. I use to carry D1S, but I've since ran out.

Meanwhile at the shop. Richard was telling me that clients coming to the shop have no idea what #020 is. They stand there trying to figure it out and he tells them it a Pontiac Fiero. Richard then has to explain all of the various parts added to the car. I think the chopper is creating a "buzz" for them and both Mark and Richard are hyped to work on the chopper. Earlier that morning at a Love's gas station one of the female clerks is still asking me to sell her #011. While at BlockBuster Video I was waiting for my pizza to be made and was inside the chopper writing checks. A couple walked over to the car and to the side trying to figure out what type of car it was. Little did they notice I was sitting inside. When she peeped inside she saw me.

As I dropped off the video a couple of guys were walking around the car doing the same thing-trying to find out what it was. Keep in mind #011 has all of the Pontiac logos, but for some reason they see the name, but still continue to wonder what it is. I guess that one of the things that Pontiac decided not to use. The name. Anyway, I hope to be at the local DMV office. We'll see if I can get the SB100 for #020. CA smog laws can really, really be a pain if you miss out and are number 501. CA only issues 500 per yer. Go figure? CA has more car owners per state and they decided to cap it off at 500. The only good news is that the rep over ther phone said, "Due to the economy not many people are coming in for the SB100."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-07-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 02:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I was at Albertson getting some gas. The car next to me was a lady with three kids gestured to me that one of the young kids wanted to take a look at the chopper, so she opened her car door. The young boys face was priceless. She got her gas and as I got in my car-my wings were up. The mother had to open her car door again for her son to take another look.

As I left Albertson three teenagers were exiting Mick D's and shouted out loud that it's one those cars! As I walked back to the car wings were up and one of the guys took off to follow me. Meanwhile it started to snow and I headed over to Hungry Howards for a pizza. Two guys and a girl exiting the store asked me what type of car was it. I told him a Pontiac Fiero. His mouth was wide opened after I told him that it's a 25 year old car.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-16-2011).]

FierociousGT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 10:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierociousGTSend a Private Message to FierociousGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you see you got #11 on the road. Please reconsider NOT changing it.

------------------
'88 GT, 3800 SC II, IMSA/MadCurls widebody combo, Choptop, Borla exhaust, GT-One NSX Headlights, RX-8 mirrors.
FGTO Build thread ~> Link

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No worries.

He previously changed his mind and decided not to change it.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today while pumping gas a deliever guy asked me if my car was a Pontiac Fiero. He continued to ask more questions, but the one that caught my attention was when he asked, "Is it a 4 or 6?" I told him it's a 8 from the Cadillac North Star. he left before I gassed up, but I caught him going over the bridge. He gave me the "thumbs up" sign. Four hours before that some young kids in a silver and yellow car gave me the thumbs up. I had my Stabucks in my hand so I raise it towards them. Exiting the hwy I stepped on the gas to reach the speed limit. A guy and girl in a blue WRX was caught looking. I wasn't racing or anything like that, except getting onto the freeway. As usual people pull-up beside me to take a look.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-16-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by FierociousGT:

Glad you see you got #11 on the road. Please reconsider NOT changing it.

Dude, I called you last week, but I guess you were busy. When are you getting your car back from Whodeannie's? You car has been in primer as long as #020. LOL.
PFF
System Bot
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2011 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I was by told by 1 member that someone is always right and another member to just to let it go. So Merry Christmas

And one more thing - I guess I don't understand why this is in the construction zone - anyone care to let me in on the secret.

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 12-18-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 01:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Are you going to post every encounter you have with people when you are out and about. Seems pretty lame to me after awhile. We get it you are the bomb number 1 most awesome thing around but REALLY.

Yes, and if (you're) proud of your replica-I think you should do the same. However, to answer your question thoroughly. #011 isn't the bomb for there are countless chop tops out there that are far better looking than #011 and hopefully, they'll be others soon that will add to the Chop top Chronicles. However, getting back to #011. Actually, #011 is a combination of various ideas that prompted me in this direction and The GBCT was one of those paths. The side vents was a frustrated course taken from the 90s when side vent kits were being made. I never liked the vents sticking outside the car so I inverted mine. I avoided the silliness of those who placing Ferrari badges on the outside and on top of a 2.8 engine.

All you need to do is be "original" and use your brain when it comes to keeping the Fiero alive. Instead of a stock Fiero with Ferrari badges’ (I've seen it done here) keep the brand alive by going beyond what the original bean counters wanted. Tweak it and be proud of your (own) ideas or at least enhancing something that was over looked. I'm very happy when people ask me what my car is.

The car is badge accordingly and I proudly stand by the badging with my head held high. I can walk a person through and show them what GM didn't do and show them what they should've done. People actually tell me that, "This is what Pontiac should've made." Granted, if I wasn’t living in CA I’d be sporting a LS7 by now.

Hopefully, #004, #025 will start posting once they get possession of their chop tops.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-17-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Are you going to post every encounter you have with people when you are out and about. Seems pretty lame to me after awhile. We get it you are the bomb number 1 most awesome thing around but REALLY.

The only "lameness" is that I"m in contact with several chop top owners on a regular basis (now that is lame, hehe). I like to know what they are doing, what they're planning, and why aren't they driving their choptops! Which remind me. I need to call #016 owner.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 03:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I called Cornersonallrails and he's going to post experiences (he already told me the stories and they were good) and maybe some chopper snow pics. I need my chopper drug fix.
ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 05:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow if only we all could be you. Full of brains , ideas, and endless stories of encounters with people looking at your chopper. Waiting anxiously for your next post about how someone couldn't take their eyes of your chopper and you tell them it's a fiero.

No. Just of ideas. But enough about me, what about you're stories. You need to tell us what new ideas you've come up with on your car.

ferrobi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 06:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I own a replica and therefore have no ideas. No brain function needed. You on the on the other hand own a choptop and are full of ideas or full of something (maybe yourself). Though I like my car better than your chopper and I didn't even have to think about anything. Keep tweaking your chopper Sadcurl

whats with all the hate? Did I miss something?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fakerrobi:

I own a replica and therefore have no ideas. No brain function needed. You on the on the other hand own a choptop and are full of ideas or full of something (maybe yourself). Though I like my car better than your chopper and I didn't even have to think about anything. Keep tweaking your chopper Sadcurl

Ideas.

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by cornersonrails (edited 12-18-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2011 07:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Bloozberry (edited 12-18-2011).]

DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 07:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this thread should be moved to GC where it belongs.........or maybe Cliff could make a section to showcase Madcurl's cars and for him to share all of his adventures.
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cornersonrails you need to update your avatar.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
cornersonrails those side markers are from what type of vehicle ?

------------------

My Build Thread
http://www.tylerstoy.com
My LED marker kits for sale

cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

cornersonrails you need to update your avatar.

Hey Joe ,
I know it. Was thinking it would be cool to get a cop with his lights on behind me for the avatar pic. Without actually being in trouble like last time..lol. How your 300XZ lights coming along anyways? Send me a PM when you get time.
cornersonrails

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2011 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cornersonrails

788 posts
Member since Jul 2006

Originally posted by Danyel:

cornersonrails those side markers are from what type of vehicle ?

Hey Danyel,
Archie said they had come out of the BMW Mini Cooper.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 01:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another day in a chopper. Even the CHP stopped what he was doing to check out the ride. A couple of ladies were looking at the car thinking it was a new model. #020 was out of the shop cruising for 14 miles. I did have some good pictures, but were accidently erased. Hooked up my GoPro inside the ride. I need to read the instruction on using time lap photography. I need to order a set of 8" 400 Lb springs for #020 for wheel switching.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
I’m headed north on hwy 101 and its 04:30HR. A guy in a blue Honda pulls beside me in the chopper. He stays there for a few seconds and pulls ahead. He turns offs on the next exit to Morgan Hill and that is where I sit behind him at the light. He slowly allows me to pass him in the next lane over (my guess he wanted to see the car under the street lights).

It just so happens we're both headed to the gas station. I get out with wing up and as I was preparing to pump my gas when I hear a shout out. He walks over to tell me that he pulled beside me because he thought it was one of those??? (He couldn't think of the car-so I humbly said, "Firebird?" to which he said, “No.”). Anyway, he remembered the Fiero, but never saw one that with a "rake" likes this one. He looked inside and out and went on to say, "I tricked this car out really good."

A few minutes went by going over the details, however I took the attention away from my car to focused on other Fieros using LS engines. He was shocked when I told him there's enough room in the back for a LS7. I was using my GoPro camera mounted in the car, but I'm not sure if I captured the person talking to me since he was looking at the side of my car and the camera is facing forward. I purchased the GoPro suction cup for around $29 bucks (I plan on using it one of these days if I can ever hook-up with Tony). In other news. I was going to drive #020, but it needed a wheel alignment.

dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have to agree. What does this have to do with construction? I think that you need to have this thread in GC. I would bet that if my car was parked next to yours your car wouldn't get any attention. I'm not going to tell all of the times I have experienced admiration of my car because it sounds too much like boasting. I'm not saying that my car is the greatest thing going but do you really think that we need to know every time someone notices your car? You have nice cars.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Guys i really try to stay out of the little tit for tat stuff, (cause i try to be adult about things) but on Curly's behalf there are those of us out there who do enjoy hearing his stories. And not just because they are his car so much as it is cool to hear about the fiero getting respect.

If it bothers you and you don't care to hear about his stories, the answer is simple, isn't it...just don't open the thread.

Otherwise it clear that your intentions are just to spoil the thread. If others and Madcurl have issues "BOTH" sides please take it to PM, where the rest of us don't have to listen.

Not trying to be ugly, just tired of opening a thread intended for one thing only to see a pissing contest break out.
PFF
System Bot
dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 04:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's posted in the construction zone! Wrong area. I like his cars and I like the pictures of what he's done.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dratts:

It's posted in the construction zone! Wrong area. I like his cars and I like the pictures of what he's done.

If you've read the posting some (if not many) are under constructions.

Originally posted by exoticse:

Madcurl's visit to Orvilles.

His newest choptop !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
The "nose" is under continued construction.

The "line" that is on the hood wasn't my idea, but was Richard's. Him and the shop crew decided to leave it as-is instead of rounding off the sharp edge. I think it add more "pop" to a area that is dull. It also lead into the Camero hood vents (not pictured). I will use LED turn signals inside. I really like Norm's C6 flipper for it allows for your own style, although this hood has changed many times.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-22-2011).]

dratts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to beat a dead horse but thanks for posting the notch chop top. I thought that you only did fast backs. I much prefer hearing about what you are doing to "every body's looking at me", but that's just me. I've heard from other pennocks guys who like to hear your storys.

[This message has been edited by dratts (edited 12-22-2011).]

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2011 10:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-23-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2011 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess my GoPro works. This pic was taken at night (I guess?) for I was at the gas station. I still need to lean the details.

Today, a lady with a professional camera decided to take a few pics while I was at the gas station. I was about to leave when I saw the women walk 40 feet in front of the car and started taking pictures. She continues as I drove away. LOL. To keep this "construction" oriented . Today, #020 is headed for the alignment shop.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2011 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Construction threads are starting to appear as nothing more than border line general chat postings. If it's a "build thread" then make it so. I'm even removing pictures that have nothing to do with the build and throwing them in general chat. IMHO, if you’re just viewing your car doesn't constitute (building).

• The project must be well on its way already.

• IP: Logged
    madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2011 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Here's a project that's well on it's way.

Changing out side marker lamps for inspection for #020.
    madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2011 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
    Tony had asked me if I've notice a change in the way people view both cars. Well, this week I've been driving both cars back-to-back during the same day and this week and the responses are a bit different. First is the body language. If #020 is parked people usually are placing their hands near the head (jaw) in a puzzling fashion. They walk up to #020 and go around the car. The front ends are what they tend to look at first and stand there for a few seconds wondering.

As they walk around to the back they peer into the rear glass and point. At the alignment & body shop I over heard them saying, "It's a one piece design." On the street corners there are two street sign venders and both were looking and stopped waving their signs as I passed. Over-all I think they are wondering what it is. They ask what it is.

Moments later I was driving #011 at the same corner and they stopped and did the same thing. However, when I'm parked they tend to not go up to the car quiet as fast and at a distant. They look, but not with a puzzling look and the hands aren't near the face. They tend to look at the whole car first and not one general area and then they approach to look inside. While at the light they gaze at the wheels/rotors and interior (they tend to ask what type of car is that make/model).

So, as-is I think with #011 people look at a distant, ask what type of model the car is, look at the details and say, "slick car." #011 I notice is filmed as people pass me on the highway. On Friday around 16:00hrs I notice a person with a video recording in the passenger seat filming the car (front to rear).

Whereas #020 people tend to ask what is it, they go to the front of the car and then to the back. The best part they now look at is the front and rear. They are fixated at the hood now and look at the lights and then they glance up towards the window. They ask more question now about the engine detail vs. a year ago. The definitely spend more time looking at #020.

Next week I'll have #011 at the same alignment shop and I'll witness what the shop crew will do. This week the entire shop stopped what they were doing and spent nearly 10-15 minutes looking. I was inside signing the work to be done on the car when I saw the crew looking (the boss too). The V8Archie logo also sparked lots of questions. I seriously need business cards from Archie for they are amazed that a LS engine fits into a Fiero.

I also told them shop about WCF and they were shocked that a small town specialized in working on Fieros. I told them they install LS4 and 3800 and that I have a 3800 in one of my Fieros. One of the guys asked me which one is the fastest; I told him the 3800SC with a turbo. Only one guy said he saw #011. He was kind've puzzled that the shop hadn't completed the work on the hood, but he did say that it was "custom work" and not your typical insurance type. However, if they had installed my Audi lamps my blood pressure wouldn’t be so high right now. LOL.

Edit: Also, nobody noticed that #020 was chopped nor did most know were the parts came from. I had to tell them about the 350Z glass, Madza reflectors, and . The only items they knew was the Nortstar engine and the Corvette brakes.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-31-2011).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
    next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
    PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
    Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock