Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108030 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2006 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
12 AM Wake-up call:

I was heading home in the chopper but decided to stop and get a "big" slice of pizza at MR. Pizza Man. I had just parked the car and was closing the VDC's when a young guy said, "Dude. What kind of car is that?" I stated the same thing I always say, "Pontiac" and wait for them to respond. A blank expression was noticed so I continued. "A Pontiac.....a Pontiac Fiero."

The guy: "Dude. A Pontiac Fiero? "Nah, you kiding me cause I remember the Fiero and this is different." The doors and body is different." His hand followed the body lines from mid hood to the b-piller tying to firure out just "what" was done. He keep starring at the front window. I didn't have the heart to tell him it's chopped. A police officier at the red light with his window rolled down noticed that we were talking and later turned around at the end of the block.

Me: "Yeah, the doors were added and so too the vents but, there still Fiero parts just changed a little." He then started to stare at the beefie shoulders in the rear. "Yeah, that's the front fender mounted on the rear. That messed his mind up for a few minutes so I showed him the interior. His jaw droped and he wanted to sit inside the car. I told him I gotta go but, he could view it on Pennock's Fiero Forum. I didn't have any of Archie's business cards to hand out.

Before I left, I think the guy finally woke up once I showed him pictures of the Stinger, Sidewinder, and #11 on my camera phone. As we parted, the police officer passed by again. After I got my pizza and put it in the trunk, I was on my way home and was traveling down El Camino Real and noticed the [same] officer following me. The speed limit is 35 and I made sure I was going 30-33 mph, hehe. He got behind me and it seemed that he was running my plates? Anyway, I pulled off at 92hwy and he kept on going down the street. I'm like, "Cool. I didn't want to stop cause I'm hungry, pizza is getting cold and it's 12:30 AM, "hehe.

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot. The young guy said that flip lamps are out and that I should install the Corvette head lights. I told him that's being done on a different Fiero. Hmm. I own pg 7, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 01-16-2006).]

IP: Logged
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2006 10:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yesssssssss !

Got my Choptop t-shirt in the mail today !

Damn #11 (Madcurl's silver choptop) looks good !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 02:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Operation Beef Cake:

While in Bakersfield, CA. #15 cause several stop, slow down and stares. A CHP officer was on the side of the hwy helping a stranded motorist and I notice him looking my way. I got off the gas and slowed down to 65mph (I might have been going 70?). The officers eyes followed my car as I passed them.

While on I-5 several motorist came next to me slowed down, dropped back, and them can around for more views. All this while driving at night. With a current blackish and red colors, even I would have no idea what I would be looking at.

Cry me a river? On my way to Bakersfied, my drain rubber cap sprang a leak while I was pulling off to get some gas in Los Hills, CA. Nearly 2-gallons of anti freez leaked out onto the road and gas station. The engine's computer shut down from 8-6-4. I turned off the engine and coasted down hill to the gas station.

I had additional caps inside the trunk and waited for the engine fluids to cool off. It took 3 minutes to change out the caps since the IRM rockers exposes the area where the caps are housed. I had a gallon of Prestone and one gallon of water. It took 30-minutes to bleed the system of trapped air. I forgot to change this part once I arrived in CA. The other side was replaced in FL eight months ago.

LT188GT

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 02:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LT188GTSend a Private Message to LT188GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So you don't need my help this time?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LT188GT:

So you don't need my help this time?

Hehe. Not this time (blood brother).

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2006 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Cry me a river? On my way to Bakersfied, my drain rubber cap sprang a leak while I was pulling off to get some gas in Los Hills, CA. Nearly 2-gallons of anti freez leaked out onto the road and gas station. The engine's computer shut down from 8-6-4. I turned off the engine and coasted down hill to the gas station.

I had additional caps inside the trunk and waited for the engine fluids to cool off. It took 3 minutes to change out the caps since the IRM rockers exposes the area where the caps are housed. I had a gallon of Prestone and one gallon of water. It took 30-minutes to bleed the system of trapped air. I forgot to change this part once I arrived in CA. The other side was replaced in FL eight months ago.

Gee that sure sounds familair,...hehehe Talk about Deja vu !!??

Daytona 2005 !

fierodog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierodogSend a Private Message to fierodogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a choptop question. Does everyone get the same size chop, or are you all getting different sizes?
Adam
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2006 10:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierodog:

I have a choptop question. Does everyone get the same size chop, or are you all getting different sizes?
Adam

All choptop made at Archies' shop are the same. Depending on the owner, Homebrew choptops vary but.....only one I've seen posted was to the "extreme."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2006 06:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hmm. Local Kids usually take off to have lunch outside the school and I'm getting comments about #15. While picking-up a Round Table pizza a young'n said, "Hey that's sick." As I was leaving two teens were starring, one of them said, "Hey, isn't that a Fiero/lamborghini kit"? I was happy that he got part of the questions right. I told the teen, "no." As I was leaving I noticed a bike officer was handing out tickets so I decided to "coast" by him but, he heard the N* and turned in my direction.

I'm currnetly working on the side front lower bumper so it has clear mock-up tape over it and it looks like crap, hehe.

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2006 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On my trip back from Archie's I noticed I was getting quite a few looks, but most of them were like, "What tha?" I decided to pull over a number of times just to check that the car was still secure on the hauler and these gawkers were not seeing one of my straps loose and flopping in the wind, or something terrible. Turns out, they were all just looking at the car I guess.

I did have one guy in a late model white Buick pull up to the pump next to me in Missouri and kind of mosey over to take a closer look. He said, “Is that a Fiero?” I replied, “Sure is.” He started telling me about how he remembered when they came out and he wanted one BAD. He said that mine looked different than what he remembered them looking like. I think he was referring to the 85GT look when he was talking about them because he kept saying, the nose just looks way different. I told him mine had been chopped with the handles shaved and he looked at me like I was speaking Latin. I had to take him down the side of the car and show him what those terms meant. He was very impressed on the work done to the car so far, and I was very excited to see that he knew the car was different, but could not point out exactly what modifications were done to made it look so good.

All of the sudden, he yelled “Holy ****, that is the same engine that is in my car!” I was so excited about the choptop part of the car, having just come from Archie’s that I had not covered the engine swap yet. As it happens he was driving a Buick LeSabre and my 3800 SC engine was from the same model car. I pointed out to him what had been done to the engine, but again it was like speaking Latin, he was not all that technical when it came to cars, he just enjoyed them.

That was pretty much the only contact I have had with people while having the car. Sadly, the car has been to Loyde, to Archie, and back to Loyde since September of last year so to say I am missing it is an understatement! It is still at Loyde’s getting some poly bushings and lowering springs in the front, and final suspension adjustments done to the front and rear.

Here is what it looks like right now:

And my Goal:

--Will

------------------
My Cardomain Website: BLACKHEART FIERO

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 06:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

On my trip back from Archie's I noticed I was getting quite a few looks, but most of them were like, "What tha?" I decided to pull over a number of times just to check that the car was still secure on the hauler and these gawkers were not seeing one of my straps loose and flopping in the wind, or something terrible. Turns out, they were all just looking at the car I guess.

Hehehe. The same thing here. I too start to wonder if "somethings" wrong.

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2006 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Several experiences. Too many to even mention but, I have one or two.

Right after coming from Trends body shop, I usually head straight for the local hand car wash. I didn't notice at first but, a guy in his 50's seen the chop'r. As I was getting out of my car to get some change for the wash..... he was standing in the front of my car. I think his name was Tom? Anyway, Tom used to be a mechanic at a Pontiac dealership, so he "knew" what type of car I was driving but, wasn't 100% sure.

First off, he didn't know it was chopped (I love that) but, he didn't know if it was a "kit" or something? It was really too much information for him at one time cause his eyes where "stuck" on each and every part of the car. His eyes were "fixed" on the hood, the fender flares, and then the lip spoiler so, due to time.....I had to "move" him along. After 20-minutes or so, we finally finished the "tour" and he was simply amazed! After washing the car, the "tour" started all over again.

I'm Hungry:

A very nice guy at one of my favorite burger joints see's me pull-up. Right after recieving my meal, I'm sitting down and I'm prepared to opened my mouth wide for the big juicy burger. That's when this guy turns around and begins to ask me about the chop'r. If you could imagine me trying to eat and explan "something" that the general public doesn't know is a unique task. I was able to "down" my burger and frys before they went "cold." Between eating and coming up for air.....All I remember saying was, "fender flars, vents, and brakes. After all, I was hungry.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2006 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dragster look?

It's been raining in CA and the PZeros are not all season tires (PZero's are summer tires). So I went back to my old favorites...The Toyo Proxies T1's. As you guessed it, the rear end now looks like a dragster w/o the beefy tire look. Nobody noticed it while I was at Trends body shop and I had to point it out to Reuben. The 275/30/20 are a bit taller than the 305's but are not wider.

It now resembles a “Dragster” like style from the rear sides using the sunkened tires. I’ll change out the fronts later. While on my way to the Bay Area, I stopped at a car/truck gas station for some candy. A few minutes later, a crowd gathered around the car. One dude in the front, one on the driver's side, and one dude standing on the right rear corner of the car. I nodded my head and proceeded to enter the car as the door flew upward and N* sounding off.

Sometimes, you just have to get into your car and go. No time to talk.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-06-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 07:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A Starbuck moment:

Three police officers were standing in front of a Starbuck's. As I got out of #15 all three officers where looking in my direction and one of the officers asked, " Hey, what type of car is that"?

Me: Pontiac.....Pontiac Fiero. I went inside so I didn't hear they're response but, from the look of one of the officers, his mouth was wide-open. I can't wait for this darn car to be painted.

Edit: I can't spell, hehe

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-10-2006).]

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post02-10-2006 07:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A Starbuck moment:

Three police officers were standing in front of a Starbuck's. As I got out of #15 all three officers where looking in my direction and one of the officers asked, " Hey, what type of car is that"?

Me: Pontiac.....Pontiac Fiero. I went inside so I didn't hear they're response but, from the look of one of the officers, his mouth was wide-open. I can't wait for this darn car to be painted.

Edit: I can't spell, hehe

See I wish I could "pull up"... If only my cars were drivable.. sigh. Will someone give me a push!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2006 09:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Cliff.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2006 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The Year of the Dog:

San Francisco had its Chinese New Years celebration this past Saturday. I decided to kick-off the "Year of the Dog" so I stopped by Wing Fat's restaurant, hehe. After getting my "Lunch special" a youngster.... sit’n pimpish-like, leaning towards the passenger side, and flying by in a Firebird noticed the chop'r parked…the youngster straightened-up to take a quick-peek.

Another car followed but was unable to peek cause, the first dude was looking at my car and wasn’t paying attention to he road ahead. One of these days, somebody is going to have an accident.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2006 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Hey, I could'a had a V8."

I meet a really nice guy while Teh. I was checking and re-checking the new 2005 Corvette side lamps when he rolled by and stopped. Actually he has passed by twice.
Guy: "Hey, you know they make V8 conversion for that."
Me: Oh yeah, that's what I heard too.

A pause for a moment as he expected me to inquire.

Me: "Yeah, I actually have a V8."
Guy: Oh yeah, can I take a look?
Me: Sure.

After several minutes of talking (30 minutes), I directed him to Archie which he'd visited the web site before. Apparently, Jack is wanting to do a V8 conversion using a SBC... one for drag racing and the other one for street use. The conversation lead to him asking about the SBC passing CA emissions. I told him to call Archie for info. In the meantime, he asked for the B.A.R. phone number. I hadn't checked-in lately on the "V8 swap info" with the "false gods." Apparently, when it came to the correct info... I've been out-of-the-loop.

In the meantime, I'm chilling on #015. I took the week off and relaxed. I can work on the side lamps in two weeks.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-19-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2006 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump. Mine are parked and I'm bored. We need more input from other choptop owners, hehe.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2006 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mine is still in the works. I have some things planned that should prove... Unique.

--Will

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2006 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Believe it or not #14 gets paint on it this week.

PFF
System Bot
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not too much to report on #10 - pretty much complete except for paint and engine tuning. I did paint the letters on the valve covers and brake rotors to match the body when it finally makes it to the paint booth (04 Mazda Lightning Yellow). 25 days to Daytona

Jim

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2006 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Jim88GT

712 posts
Member since Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jim88GT:

Not too much to report on #10 - pretty much complete except for paint and engine tuning. I did paint the letters on the valve covers and brake rotors to match the body when it finally makes it to the paint booth (04 Mazda Lightning Yellow). 25 days to Daytona

Jim

Ooops - I meant to say Calipers, not Rotors!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-04-2006 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
HWY 99 Run:

I pulled out #015 this week for some work perfomed on the stereo system. My XM radio kept loosing power on very minor bumps in the road which was driving me crazy. The weather was great on Thursday so I decided to hop-in and drive to Fresno CA to check it out. The 169 mile trip was some what annoying due to the stereo so I wasn't in the mood for side show comments at every gas station so I drove straight through.

Along the way several people (approached me, slowed down, got behind me, got besides me) to check the car out. Nobody remained in my "blind-side" too long for me to become annoyed, hehe. The shop boss didn't notice anything different about the chopper so....I guess that's good? My drive back was some what "spirited" and I didn't let people pass me, drive along side, or remain in my "blind side." Strange how music can change your whole outlook on driving, hehe.

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 08:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mmmmm.....

12" Vette Rotors. Now I can take off AND stop fast. Sure gonna be one fastfiero. haha

--Will

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Will-Martin....how does it feel?
88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-21-2006 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
what number is archie on now ? any1 kno ?

about how many days does the chop take (madcurl would know the awnser here id imagine... lol)

[This message has been edited by 88GTFormula (edited 03-21-2006).]

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2006 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, Will-Martin....how does it feel?

Don't know, it is still parked at Loyde's shop haha!

--Will

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2006 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTFormula:

about how many days does the chop take (madcurl would know the awnser here id imagine... lol)

In my case, the choptop has been done in a little less than one month flat but, that's during the off-season period (Nov-Feb). Anything done prior to a major show would be pushing it. It would be best to call Archie ahead of time for a "time-slot."

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-22-2006 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTFormula:

Unofficial List - Last Updated 2/22/2006

<<<<ARCHIE CHOP TOPS>>>>>>

001. Great Blue Choptop (GBCT) ....................Aug 1998
002. Purple Pavement Eater (notchback)......... 1998 (Finished at Archie's shop by Archie and NIFE Volunteers)
003. 246 Dino Replica for a guy in Indiana.............. 11-13-98
004. PFF ChopTop ..................................... 11-20-98 (new owner Exoticse 2005)
005. Vasquar ............................................. 9-1-00
006. Steve in Rockford IL..................................... May 2001
007. Stinger .......................................Jan 2002
008. PFF GMGW3 Cary ......................... Sept 2002
009. Gun Metal GT fastback Tacoma Washington ..Oct. 2002
010. PFF Jim's 88 GT Jim Albright ................June 2003
011. Silver Choptop Curley.................. fall 2003
012. Chester's Dirty Rat Rob D............. Oct 2003
013. Black Death GT-X ........... Mar. 2004
014. Proud-1 Jscott1 ................... July 2004
015. Curley's widebody................sept 2004?
016. Dowdian's Sharona..................December 2004?
017. Black 85 Fastback LS1
018. Bob's "SideWider" a.k.a Stinger clone
019. Will-Martin's Formula
020. MadCurl Project #3
021. New project for V8Archie
022.IMSA Chop top - Troy Boy from New York

Philphine

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post03-27-2006 07:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PhilphineSend a Private Message to PhilphineEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i finally have some spare fenders (see how fast i work?). since i had to finally let my cheap thrill fiero go i snatched a few pieces off. still can't use them on the chopper though. first is a fender vent project for the convertible (as soon as i can find some more firebird fender vents), then whatever fenders are left can be cut for widebody experiments.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wake up choptops.

Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trailering the car back from Daytona and stopped to gas up along I95. Twenty something pulls up in a pickup with a cell phone in his ear wanting to know what kind of car I've got on the trailer. He doesn't comprehend Fiero and replies "an Iero"?? - who makes it. I tell him it's a 18 year old Pontiac and he's still cluless I heard him trying to describe what it looked like to whomever he was talking to on his cell as I left. Worth a good chuckle!

Jim

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2006 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ahhhhhhhhh see,.... shake those pockets and a good choptop story or two will fall out.

Thanks Jim.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chop top nearly injures ! Hehehehe well sort of,.....

Just relaying a story from Home Brew choptop builder Joshua Riedl. Josh was apparently out driving his choptop when he passed a guy driving in a corvette.

Joshua said the guy nearly got a severe case of whiplash, snapping his neck back trying to look at his car.

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I did have a gas station owner run out in the rain to complement my car. He said something about I must be upset about driving it in that kind of weather, I told him "no, it's just my beater." He then complemented my new ebay rotors. I said thanks, he said it looks great and ran back inside. I get a lot of looks driving but I can't tell if it's because they like the car or they are staring at the unpainted roof. The corvette guy just stuck out in my mind because he seemed to pay more attention to me than I did to him.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2006 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by joshua riedl:
The corvette guy just stuck out in my mind because he seemed to pay more attention to me than I did to him.

Hehehe.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"What kind of car is that?"

"A Fiero"

"Are they making those again?"

"No this car is 18 years old"

"Really? It's nice, take care of it"

"Thanks"
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Chop top nearly injures ! Hehehehe well sort of,.....

Just relaying a story from Home Brew choptop builder Joshua Riedl. Josh was apparently out driving his choptop when he passed a guy driving in a corvette.

Joshua said the guy nearly got a severe case of whiplash, snapping his neck back trying to look at his car.

WOW, how did I miss this pic? Josh man, that is one awesome ride. Hope mine comes out looking 1/2 that good!

--Will

joshua riedl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2006 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i don't think you have much to worry about Will, your car is looking pretty good.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock