Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 26)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108006 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post06-18-2010 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SMTHGT:

Very nice... I am soooo undecided on what rims to get....

I'm very decided on mine. The only problem is that they're the wrong bolt pattern… time for a hub swap.
IP: Logged
F355spider

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2010 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very nice... I am soooo undecided on what rims to get....

My choice was easy get the lightest ones I could get my paws on. Weight was my deciding factor.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 08:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Ok here we go.

There is a new arrival on the choptop scene. The owner shall remain un-named for now, but here are the latest build pics.

First she or he was considering going with this look, without the windshield layed back,...(note the clip is just layed on for effect)

After further review the decision was made to make some modifications.

more to definatly come !

EEeeww
Thats strange looking... Almost gonna be UGLY...
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

EEeeww
\

When I saw it you were the first person to pop into my mind honestly..
Carver1

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post06-20-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Carver1Send a Private Message to Carver1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was going for a similar look before going back to a notchie

------------------
86 SE ChopTop 4 Speed 3.4 "The Short Bus"

"For Sale"

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SMTHGT:

EEeeww
\

When I saw it you were the first person to pop into my mind honestly.. [/QUOTE]

Why would you think that..??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 02:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#010 at Carlisle show 2010

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-28-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-28-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
#010 continued

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2010 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-01-2010).]

Frank3

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Frank3Send a Private Message to Frank3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ok here we go.

There is a new arrival on the choptop scene. The owner shall remain un-named for now, but here are the latest build pics.

First she or he was considering going with this look, without the windshield layed back,...(note the clip is just layed on for effect)

After further review the decision was made to make some modifications.

more to definatly come !

Waiting to see how this ends . I've thought that an angle chop would look good ! I guess we"ll see .
I'm also angle chopping mine , though its to make the GT40 kit flow better .
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2010 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Frank3:

Waiting to see how this ends . I've thought that an angle chop would look good ! I guess we"ll see .
I'm also angle chopping mine , though its to make the GT40 kit flow better .

A lot of the newer cars are angled front to back. I notice a trend in it. Nice to be different and not just a number I say.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-12-2010 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

A lot of the newer cars are angled front to back. I notice a trend in it. Nice to be different and not just a number I say.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Chop Top list with engines......

#003 was a Stock Fiero V-6
#005 was a SBC V-8
#006 was a SBC V-8
#008 YES it was a SBC V-8
#009 Was a SBC also
#018 YES it was a SBC V-8
#026 Tom Ludwig SBC V-8

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-13-2010).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 02:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I agree it's always good to think out of the box, BTW how's the sale going on your #002 is it sold yet and if so do you still own any fieros. Are you going to build any more Fieros, or are you out of the fiero game

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 07-13-2010).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

I agree it's always good to think out of the box, BTW how's the sale going on your #002 is it sold yet and if so do you still own any fieros. Are you going to build any more Fieros, or are you out of the fiero game

The Silver Chop Fiero is not the second car I have chopped. I do not know why you are saying it is #002. I will say when you do not know what you are talking about and what you say is not the truth and has ill intentions. It is best not to say anything it just makes you look stupid to others.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Silver Chop Fiero is not the second car I have chopped. I do not know why you are saying it is #002. I will say when you do not know what you are talking about and what you say is not the truth and has ill intentions. It is best not to say anything it just makes you look stupid to others.

I'm sorry if I had the number wrong, what number is it? I didn't know a few questions would be taken as ill intentions as I'm sure you were not trying to be a smart ass with your post.

BTW how's the sale going on your #? is it sold yet and if so do you still own any fieros. Are you going to build any more Fieros, or are you out of the fiero game

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 07-15-2010).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:
I'm sorry if I had the number wrong, what number is it? I didn't know a few questions would be taken as ill intentions as I'm sure you were not trying to be a smart ass with your post. BTW how's the sale going on your #? is it sold yet and if so do you still own any fieros. Are you going to build any more Fieros, or are you out of the fiero game

I never have considered cars as numbers. I look at them more as art. I built my first chop top back in the early 80s it was a 1932 coupe. The sale of the silver car is not for me to say it is up to someone else at this time. The first Fiero I chopped was many years ago when others said it was impossible to have all glass windows in a Fiero chop top. I did it and proved them wrong and have had to put up with lies and misleading from a few of ya’ll here ever since. The second Fiero I chopped is up to the owner to say but is not the Silver Fiero it is an 88 coupe. Someone could chop 30 Fieros if they wanted to but that would not make them any better than someone just chopping one that has more skill. I'm sure there will be more built in the future. My daily driver is a Ford truck I chopped 4" and dropped 5". I still have the next ground breaker to come out. It will be a Fiero Chop with glass side windows from a production car. It will not be my car but someone else has donated their car to science so I will still do it when I get around to it. I also have someone that wants me to do a T-Top Fiero and that could happen also. I do not build spec cars and number them. I do something different each time that makes each car a one off. I will say out of all the cars and trucks I have chopped the Fiero is so easy to do even a cave man could do it.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I never have considered cars as numbers. I look at them more as art. I built my first chop top back in the early 80s it was a 1932 coupe. The sale of the silver car is not for me to say it is up to someone else at this time. The first Fiero I chopped was many years ago when others said it was impossible to have all glass windows in a Fiero chop top. I did it and proved them wrong and have had to put up with lies and misleading from a few of ya’ll here ever since. The second Fiero I chopped is up to the owner to say but is not the Silver Fiero it is an 88 coupe. Someone could chop 30 Fieros if they wanted to but that would not make them any better than someone just chopping one that has more skill. I'm sure there will be more built in the future. My daily driver is a Ford truck I chopped 4" and dropped 5". I still have the next ground breaker to come out. It will be a Fiero Chop with glass side windows from a production car. It will not be my car but someone else has donated their car to science so I will still do it when I get around to it. I also have someone that wants me to do a T-Top Fiero and that could happen also. I do not build spec cars and number them. I do something different each time that makes each car a one off. I will say out of all the cars and trucks I have chopped the Fiero is so easy to do even a cave man could do it.

pop shots aside (from both sides) I always admired your silver ChopTop it reminded me of my favorite choptop #11. At no time did I question your skill as it is plain to see that you do have skills to do a chop, I just called you on the # remark as we all know what and who that was aimed at. From what I can see most of the # chop tops are different from each other and started out as one offs. Let's just leave the pop shots out and enjoy our cars.

NOW BACK TO THE:
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES

[This message has been edited by troyboy (edited 07-15-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 07:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#022 (truely a work of art) wins 1st Place at NYC car show and Troy squezzed off a few pics.
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post07-18-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
Chop Top list with engines......

You didn't list #010. It used to be a SBC, but is now an LS3.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2010 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

You didn't list #010. It used to be a SBC, but is now an LS3.

Thanks. I was deleting old pms and I had asked V8Archie about #010's engine long time ago and others too, but I forgot to update it.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#022 (truely a work of art) wins 1st Place at NYC car show and Troy squezzed off a few pics.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-19-2010).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 04:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where is cornersonrails?
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where is cornersonrails?

i saw him posting on the Tyler show thread about him going, so maybe his choptop will show up there ?
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Swwweeet NEW choptop video of Car-2-lo up in canada !!!!

His buddy does a little suspension work for him then takes it for a spirited test drive ! Man that car looks sweet flying down the road, and the sc

http://www.youtube.com/watc...t7Ls&feature=channel

Who owns the black chop-top in this video? I love the lines on it!

Never mind, I found it on page 23.

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 07-19-2010).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2010 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Number 4 is now headed north !

Dean left with it and the engine and tranny this morning headed back home.

The Adventure continues !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-25-2010).]

vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exotice, What are you fixing to do to the car? I haven't really had time to follow all the build threads in a while.

Vinny
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vinny:

Exotice, What are you fixing to do to the car? I haven't really had time to follow all the build threads in a while.

Vinny

3800 SC and maybe a few other tewaks while I have it as well.

I will be bringing my Choptop to my shop next week so I can work on it after hrs. and maybe make some new progress on it.
the shop will be doing a choptop soon on another 88 as well, I will keep you posted on this one.
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-31-2010 06:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#022-rackinup the trophies.
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-02-2010 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#022 racked up another trophy this past weekend.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Where is cornersonrails?

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 03:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Car-2-lo strikes again !

Reworked fastback pillars and sailpanels, plus added lip spoiler !

GTGeff

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 07:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Stinger most recently at the Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show and parade....

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2010 12:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Car-2-lo strikes again !

Reworked fastback pillars and sailpanels, plus added lip spoiler !

The car looks good.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2010 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was finaly able to get mine out of the garage and over to the shop for my open house and now I am working on it after hrs. to get it going again.
we pullde the motor the other day and today I picked up the temp. motor that wil be going in until I get the other one finished.
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2010 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Canadian Chop brothers unite !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-16-2010 02:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#022 racking up the trophies.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2010 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thdrue test fitting a choptop.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-17-2010).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock