Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 30)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108038 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 11:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

Most of the Forum members don't have or have enough sense not to spend a 100K plus on a Fiero just to win some car shows......At the end of the day it still has Fiero printed on the title......But I do give Props to Troy/Archie for building a car that repsresents the Fiero community and takes home the win at the end of the show.....

You sound green with envy...
IP: Logged
Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-18-2011 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sourmug

4538 posts
Member since Sep 2002
Congratulation Troy! She's a beaut!
Boogaloo

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Sourmug:

You sound green with envy...

Exactly this is a typical case of have vs have not as you are always trashing others who care less about you and what you do, get a life better still get a J.O,B. that will allow you to afford any thing your little heart desire.Show a pic of your car alongside Troy's just for comparison sake or just shut up and go away in the corner and let us admire this awesome Archie built Troy financed car , better still you don't have $100,000 to spend

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boogaloo:

Exactly this is a typical case of have vs have not as you are always trashing others who care less about you and what you do, get a life better still get a J.O,B. that will allow you to afford any thing your little heart desire.Show a pic of your car alongside Troy's just for comparison sake or just shut up and go away in the corner and let us admire this awesome Archie built Troy financed car , better still you don't have $100,000 to spend

Good qoute my son....some good words of wisdom.....
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We may be limited but not so limited that we have to deopends on others do the work on our cars......I already reaped plenty you can have some now....

I'm just curious, we know that from time to time you do a swap or Fiero work for someone else & get paid for it.

Have you told your customers how much hate you have for them because they are having someone else work on their cars?

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-19-2011).]

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

I'm just curious, we know that from time to time you do a swap or Fiero work for someone else & get paid for it.

Have you told your customers how much hate you have for them because they are having someone else work on their cars?

Archie

Hate is such a strong word.....
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank GOD.......

I do, every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to sleep. I thank him for giving me the wisdom that allowed me to make the right decisions in life.

Please move on my friend, life is too short and the rewards can be great as long as you focus on the things that matter to you and your family. ( and I hope that does not include what you have demonstrated here lately on PFF )
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

I do, every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to sleep. I thank him for giving me the wisdom that allowed me to make the right decisions in life.

Please move on my friend, life is too short and the rewards can be great as long as you focus on the things that matter to you and your family. ( and I hope that does not include what you have demonstrated here lately on PFF )

Yes Sir......
Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2011 04:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wish you are like this all the time a time for peace and mutual togatherness " cant we all get along"
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2011 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lets move on.

http://www.ridelust.com/mem...per-gallery/fiero_1/

Only one picture of #022, but it's a really good picture.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

#4 New heart and about to get new hips !

PFF
System Bot
1988holleyformula

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post07-27-2011 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1988holleyformulaSend a Private Message to 1988holleyformulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Lets move on.

Only one picture of #022, but it's a really good picture.

True that!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2011 11:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

KQQL
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 12:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-06-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 02:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Say goodbye to the old Car-2-lo

A new version is on the way !

Stay tuned !
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CommanderKeen

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2011 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CommanderKeenSend a Private Message to CommanderKeenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

tuned in as well
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2011 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another central florida choptop fiero !

Pedro the latest after using the V-8 archie choptop kit !

Note the RX-8 mirrors as well !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-07-2011).]

CETICARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CETICARSSend a Private Message to CETICARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats up with Car-2-lo , sitting on the edge of my seat ,drawings, sketches an renderings , still leave me clueless about the direction this car is going to take ... can,t WAIT 2 C it. good luck !!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CETICARS:

Whats up with Car-2-lo , sitting on the edge of my seat ,drawings, sketches an renderings , still leave me clueless about the direction this car is going to take ... can,t WAIT 2 C it. good luck !!

Car-lo says he has not been able to make a lot of progress the last day or so because passersby and gawkers keep stopping by to chat him up about the car hehehe.
As for why he cut it up, welllllll,...i kind of had been just showing John a few concepts and supercars i had found on the net to my liking and he kind of liked a few of them too !!

I only meant to share, but apparentlly it sparked some bubbling creativity that had been lurking below the surface and the next thing you know sawzills are buzzing and fiberglass flying !

Based on one of the cars i showed John I know what about 80% of what the front end will look like, and i can tell you that it will be shorter, but the back half will be a complilation of the other different supercars and concepts that we shared.

What the final car will look like i don't even know, but knowing John, i expect it to be really cool !

P.S. And no i won't post them and rain on his parade.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-09-2011).]

PFF
System Bot
topcat

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 148
Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topcatSend a Private Message to topcatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ditto - and I just subscribed to this thread. Car-2-lo is in terrritory that really sparks my interest in Fieros and mods

Originally posted by CETICARS:

[This message has been edited by topcat (edited 08-09-2011).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Car-lo says he has not been able to make a lot of progress the last day or so because passersby and gawkers keep stopping by to chat him up about the car hehehe.

Gees, I'm suprise Car-Lo didn't know for you can't accomplish anything on a choptop yet alone a nice. You build a bat cave when you have a choptop or do as I did-lay down concert and drive it around back. LOL.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-09-2011).]

CETICARS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2011 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CETICARSSend a Private Message to CETICARSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the update , i saw his rear bumper mods , when he first started , so i know the NEW finish product will mind boggling an super hot ,i would love to build that White Fusion car , i think thats the one. I see another white Fiero in my plans last one was stock no mods.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2011 01:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

car-lo update !

spare roof ready to be butchered up.

Nose is being put together...

a tease

tack welding front frame back, it's sitting 2" lower and 2" shorter, it's the wedge look

Cutting and bending sides to meet 2" lower front frame

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-19-2011 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More Car-lo revamping.

How about some new door hinges ?

The car going on a diet.

20lbs of fat removed from the rear clip !

Chopping the chop ! John going for an overall 4" chop

SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking great...
I am Sooooo far behind in progress...
But, still Im right there in ideas...

Smooth

------------------
aka. SmoothGT
NotAFieroAnyLonger
CURRENT BUILD:
" SmoothGT-'w8nc' "

el_roy1985

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-21-2011 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for el_roy1985Send a Private Message to el_roy1985Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excited to see this one come together. I've always disliked the lengthy front end on these. Especially on widebodies. Makes the back look so good, but then the front doesn't seem to go along with the rest anymore.
SMTHGT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SMTHGTSend a Private Message to SMTHGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump

Smooth
KVCFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KVCFIEROSend a Private Message to KVCFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why do that to one of the best looking choppers? Why not sell it and build a new one.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tony I think it's time to give Carlo a build thread.
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-24-2011 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Actually he already has one (two if you include the buildup of the original car).

In fact it might be easier for everybody to follow the progress if i post the link to his Canadian build thread.

http://www.westcoastfieros....D=2591&PN=1&get=last

The latest developments include some wings !

John's buddy clynt, pictured below, did a lot of the welding

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2011 01:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Video:

Fellow CFF member Pedro rolling in his newly chopped GT (used the V-8 Archie choptop kit) here in Orlando.

http://www.youtube.com/watc...rwdA&feature=related

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I took #011 out for spin this evening. I got some gas, aired up the front tires, and hopped on the highway. While in town airing up the tires a guy name Steve came by to ask me several questions. He said he hadn't seen a Fiero like this before and he wanted to know what exactly was done to it and if the car was a daily driver. He thought it was a Fiero, but didn't know about the body. I told him that it's basically stock body except the side vent, deck vent's, and rockers. Still it was hard for him to realize I was telling the truth.

He noticed the big brakes and wheels. I told him that the large wheels match the diameter of the V8. He was shocked that it was a V8 in the back. He heard about a shop in Town that has 3800. I told him, "Yeah, that's a friend who is the owner of WCF." I told him they're installing LS4 also. We moved onto the interior and he liked the dash lay out, but he especially liked how everything lighted up. Anyway, 15-minutes later I had to go so we shook hands and I left for there was too many things to go over regarding the car, so I told him about Pennocks and played a video of #022.

When I got back into town a family of three (in a four door) I saw the kid in the back set sticking his head outside the car to try and see the car as I was making a left turn. At first the driver got along side my car to go straight, but saw me in his rear view mirror. As I moved forward they got out of their lane and behind me. That's when I saw the young kid sticking his neck outside the car. Prior to that I was in standing outside the garage with the door opened. A ricer Honda dudes drove by bending their necks as they passed, but I closed the garage door before they made a U-turn to take a better look. I have found that it is best to always tinker with the choptops in the backyard out of sight.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-16-2011).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2011 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool to see that number 11 can still snap a few necks !

I know exactly what you mean about the ricers buzzing by the house. When they do the slow roll and turn around for a second look it is definatly time to pull it in and close the garage.

I wish i had the fenced in privacy slab you have on the side of your house.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-16-2011).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 07:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Out having fun with the choptop today at great car show.

Sourmug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2011 07:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Great picture!

Nolan
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2011 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally I remounted #011 rear wing and drove to the local bank. Upon leaving a women in a Hummer2 pulled next to me and starting asking questions (her husband was in the back seat tending the kids). Anyway, I told her it was a PONTIAC and she said what model. I told her Fiero. The next 10-minutes or so was anwering all of her questions and she thought it looked similar to a Delorean. While at Pacino's Italian eatery I parked the chopper and a guy on a real raked chopper rolled pass the car three times. During this time several people stopped and starred at the car.

Next stop was Auto Zone. Two young men in their twenties asked and that took another 15-minutes or so. They were a bit detailed than the others and took pictures. In all encounters nobody knew that the car was chopped. The young guys did ask was it a kit. I said no. Only the deck vents. Also they asked is it a daily driver? I said, "It use to be, but I've driven the car nearly cross country." They were surprised that the car has been to IL, OK, and FL several times. He was asking about the wheels when he realized what the brand when he saw the center cap. He told me, "Wheels makes the car." I'll take the car out again this evening. My throat is parched from talking all day, hehe.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-21-2011).]

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks guys, Yes I'll be moving RBS build thread down south here to PFF ( where it's warmer )

Sneak peek, 4" chop

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2011 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Car-Lo:

Thanks guys, Yes I'll be moving RBS build thread down south here to PFF ( where it's warmer )

Sneak peek, 4" chop

4"? How tall are you?
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock