Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 23)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108007 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
gunslinger

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for gunslingerSend a Private Message to gunslingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F355spider:

So is it true this car cost the owner $180,000.00 ????????????

So what if it did? at least he has it to spend and Archie is richer in the pocket for making an amazing car.
IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the great thing about this world is that anyone can follow their passion no matter what it is.
we as car guys and gals spend a lot of money and time on our cars for the most part. some people think we are crazy to put 100k in to a fiero but if that is what you are into I say why not. I have seen people spend a lot more on a lot less IE Vegas!
my wife does not understand eather, she tells me that I will never get my money back if I sell it. I say that is not the point.
I love the things that people do to cars as far as cost who cares! if they can do it I say go for it.
D.

madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

No. Just one of the two cars you once commented and never cared about. So why ask now????????????

Re: Lambo "like" fiero !
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2007, 10:07:03 AM »

"I knew it more of Archie's nut swingers trying to promote his stuff. Personally I love the Chop top Fiero but these cars are out of proportion they do not fit. The hood on that one car is just plain ugly. Please guys keep the trash on PFF were it belongs and do not pollute the good forums. "

Let's stick to the cars and not how much one spends on it.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-15-2009).]

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dude you are truly one low class ass. The next time you try to guess my finances learn how to add first, and then remember that the cost of ones toys are relative to the play ground that he plays in.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Dude you are truly one low class ass. The next time you try to guess my finances learn how to add first, and then remember that the cost of ones toys are relative to the play ground that he plays in.

Oh! Nice Troy, I have never heard it said that way but I liked it.
D.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 10:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have absolutely no class.

It's just a shame that you have to jump into good threads to try to ruin them.

Let's just ASSume that this car's value is more than any Fiero you've ever worked on or ever will work on.

Next time you build a car, why don't you start a thread with open details & hundreds of photos of the whole build & let us take potshots at you?

Maybe you should start a thread detailing your jealousy with anything & everything we've built, but you gain nothing by trying to ruin good long running threads with your jealousy.

Archie
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-12-2009 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CETICARS:

I AM VERY INTERESTED IN ONE OF HIS REAR BUMPER

Sent you a PM with all the details.
Neolithic Shadow

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2009 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Neolithic ShadowClick Here to visit Neolithic Shadow's HomePageSend a Private Message to Neolithic ShadowEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[/QUOTE]

wow is there a documented build for this car? maybe ive overlooked it somewhere..i like it, its not too flashy or over the top, but very smooth and slick. thumbs up to the builder and owner
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Neolithic Shadow:

wow is there a documented build for this car? maybe ive overlooked it somewhere..i like it, its not too flashy or over the top, but very smooth and slick. thumbs up to the builder and owner[/QUOTE]
Thanks, it is my car, I built it. I have been building Chop Tops since the early 80s started doing Fiero Chops back in 2004 when I built the first all Glass window Fiero Chop Top after it was said it could not be done. I do not post my builds here anymore. I got tiered of the kind of post I got in them, like the ones at the top of this page for just asking a question. I hope that answers your question and sorry if I offended the owner did not mean it that way.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-13-2009 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

sorry if I offended the owner did not mean it that way.

Apology and P.M. accepted now lets get back to the Chronicles
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Clynt's Canadian widebody choptop up and running ! (pics courtesy Car-lo)

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 06-15-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-15-2009 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. I love the nose treatment and it looks OEM.

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Nice. I love the nose treatment and it looks OEM.
[/IMG]

Yes I agree looks different but not over the top. And nice to see a coupe in with all the GTs; brings back memories of the Mutt.

troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-17-2009 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Dude you are truly one low class ass.

SORRY if I offended the original poster with my choice of words so I will rephrase the first sentence....." Dude I feel that your question is in poor taste, and if I want the price tag to be public knowledge I will post it. "

F355spider, let's keep it real, with your history with Archie and your public opinion of my car on other forums it's only natural for me to question your true intent. This may not satisfy your desire for an apology but under the circumstances this is as close as it gets.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Update today. from Car-lo !

Rear bumper top ledge is now concave, also cut out for reflectors (centered under tail lights).

The defuser is started...

I'm using an aftermarket all fiberglass wing swapped with Blair and he got Capt. stock wing that he swapped me for my custom wing, WHEW !

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Update today. from Car-lo !

Rear bumper top ledge is now concave, also cut out for reflectors (centered under tail lights).

Great work Car-lo is doing. Like I've said many times, you don't need a replica when you use your own imagination using a Fiero body panels.

------------------

"Use your imagination-- for it's a terrible thing to waste."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-24-2009).]

Wilky

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 11:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WilkySend a Private Message to WilkyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wowoe Thats hot. is there a build thread??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-24-2009 12:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wilky:

Wowoe Thats hot. is there a build thread??

http://www.westcoastfieros....p?TID=133&PN=1&TPN=7

http://www.westcoastfieros....p?TID=207&PN=1&TPN=4
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-27-2009 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been driving #011 around and despite it being around for some time now it still receives a few looks. I was getting some gas a young couple in a blue Sion kept circling my car while I was inside the store. I came out a few minutes later and they showed up again asking questions about the car. Apparently his g/f thought the car was Lotus, but her b/f said, "No it's a Fiero."

Anyway, they hadn't seen the car before and wondered what type of engine and specs. I told him it's just a normal N* V8 w/o modes (nothing to write home about). While at a Star Buck’s drive through the same thing happened and the barista’s came over to the window asking questions while I waited for my drink. There wasn't a line so I talked for a few minutes. Apparently, the guy wanted a Fiero, but I forgot what happened. Anyway, he got a different car, but still longed for a Fiero.

Anyway, this week was a very good week hanging out at West Coast Fiero and finishing up some business regarding the engine valve cover. I'm glad that's done and now I cam move onto different items in the engine compartment.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-27-2009).]

F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is #11 the first chop you had the silver one? It is my favorite of your cars.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2009 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More of the canadian choptops,..Clynt tweeking the nose with a front grill, and adding a paint scheme to boot (the doors have yet to be, but will also be apparently painted white).

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-14-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2009 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's been a while since I've gone by Orville's place, but he did send me several pictures of the build. First off, I'm liking how the window/B-piller is reshaped, the Veryon-ish side vents, and Orville re-did the head lamps lens too. Here's the pics, enjoy.

Hi Curley,
Here are some pics of my (slow) progress. I've captioned them - I hope the
explanations are clear.

Orville

Female molds for the scoops with the finished parts

The scoop fastened but not faired in

The scoop faired in

From the back

The vent and inside 1/4 panel enclosure

From the side

1/4 panel fill uninstalled

The "fluer de lis" vent

The thermo forming jig. Note the heated, sagging lexan

Jig with the lexan formed over the male mold

The successfully formed lenses

Not so successful - Bubbles, wrinkles, dimples, and cracks

The completed nacelle

Lights from the front

Lights on

What's left to do now is prepping and painting.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-24-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-12-2009 11:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-lo moving rear pillars inward, toward inner edge of decklid, to create a larger hip/ledge.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-12-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 12:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A great improvement by moving the C-pillars inward. It gives the car a hour glass shape and increased body definition. This should the standard operation for all Fast backs especially choptops and rear glass hatchback otherwise it would like a women with no hips. I also like the upper door slants were the mirrors are and the newer side marker.

As for the bumper---- that's truly the ticket. Car-Lo gave the bumper definition by adding a upper lip to prevent the bumper from blending into the rest of the body. Now the tail lamp, rear bumper, and now the C-pillar all match and add to the over all tweakness. I must say, Car-Lo is the way to go without getting a replica and is a one-off.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 08-13-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A great improvement by moving the C-pillars inward. It gives the car a hour glass shape and increased body definition. This should the standard operation for all Fast backs especially choptops and rear glass hatchback otherwise it would like a women with no hips. I also like the upper door slants were the mirrors are and the newer side marker.

As for the bumper---- that's truly the ticket. Car-Lo gave the bumper definition by adding a upper lip to prevent the bumper from blending into the rest of the body. Now the tail lamp, rear bumper, and now the C-pillar all match and add to the over all tweakness. I must say, Car-Lo is the way to go with getting a replica and is a one-off.

New Quarter windows also in the works ! Car-lo mulling which design to choose.

The new nose is still awaiting it's turn.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 04:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

New Quarter windows also in the works ! Car-lo mulling which design to choose.

IMO I'm guessing (A) would be the better of the three. Why? it matches the angle of the rocker vent. (B) too is nice but the corner is a bit too rounded? I'm not sure it will flow with the other hard angles.

Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMO I'm guessing (A) would be the better of the three. Why? it matches the angle of the rocker vent. (B) too is nice but the corner is a bit too rounded? I'm not sure it will flow with the other hard angles.

Me Too
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2009 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Car-Lo is the Man
I love the way the car is going.
keep up the great work.
vinny

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2009 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vinnySend a Private Message to vinnyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was just wondering is Car-lo's rear bumper going to be produced or is it going to be just a one off?

Vinny
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-20-2009 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by vinny:

Was just wondering is Car-lo's rear bumper going to be produced or is it going to be just a one off?

Vinny

My guess it would no doubt be a one-off due to the added parts needed to match the bumber, cause there's too many variables (unless somebody is willing to perform what Car-Lo did). Car-Lo's car is truly unique and bad to the bone.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 03:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been driving #011 around town and on the hwy and boy... it sure feels good hearing a V8 at the nape of my neck. I received several looks and my alarm occasional going off--- due to kids getting too close in the parking lot. A few cars encircled the chopper for visuals and at Auto Zone a guy in his truck; got out to see what type of car was it. Mr. Mike's seats still have the same fresh aroma as if they were brand new. Oh yeah, ten years later--- the cold air still works. Other-than-that, I took it easy this weeks since law enforcement are on the prowl (Labor Day weekend). Drive careful, be mindful of drunk drivers, and enjoy your chop top.. cause I am!

------------------

"I drive modified Fieros- anything less would be uncivilized."

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-05-2009).]

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've been driving #011 around town and on the hwy and boy... it sure feels good hearing a V8 at the nape of my neck. I received several looks and my alarm occasional going off--- due to kids getting too close in the parking lot. A few cars encircled the chopper for visuals and at Auto Zone a guy in his truck; got out to see what type of car was it. Mr. Mike's seats still have the same fresh aroma as if they were brand new. Oh yeah, ten years later--- the cold air still works. Other-than-that, I took it easy this weeks since law enforcement are on the prowl (Labor Day weekend). Drive careful, be mindful of drunk drivers, and enjoy your chop top.. cause I am!

Hey curls, how about some fresh pics of #11 ??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 01:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey curls, how about some fresh pics of #11 ??

I forgot to take pics. I guess I was too busy enjoying my chopper! I'll take a few (hopefully) this week. I need to test fit the 20x11s using the Corvette hub from Eric.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 12:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was at the local Auto Zone looking for a 3.5" flange for my exhaust system and saw the local fast and furious kids hanging out looking for the newest HP stickers, hehe. A GXS (maybe a GS-T) with after market intake upgrades was parked. As the doors flew upward, they watched me as I got out of the car and entered the store. While there--- one of the kids over heard me asking the parts guy, "do you have one of these exhaust thingies?" The kid (thinking I was referring to my Fiero) tried to be funny by saying, " Get a GS-T."

I replied, "That's what it's for... a GS-T" Greedy 3.5" exhaust system. Well, that shut him up, hehe. Lesson learned; Just because a old guy rolls in a Fiero doesn't mean his work car is a truck.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-09-2009).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2009 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I was at the local Auto Zone looking for a 3.5" flange for my exhaust system and saw the local fast and furious kids hanging out looking for the newest HP stickers, hehe. A GXS (maybe a GS-T) with after market intake upgrades was parked. As the doors flew upward, they watched me as I got out of the car and entered the store. While there--- one of the kids over heard me asking the parts guy, "do you have one of these exhaust thingies?" The kid (thinking I was referring to my Fiero) tried to be funny by saying, " Get a GS-T."

I replied, "That's what it's for... a GS-T" Greedy 3.5" exhaust system. Well, that shut him up, hehe. Lesson learned; Just because a old guy rolls in a Fiero doesn't mean his work car is a truck.

i guess the kid had too many glasses of hater-aid that morning ?

Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thank you all for participating ...
I went with #2 it compliments both side scoop and quarter panel rounding out to finish line back in (I felt comfortable with this), but if I'd known the "TOP GUNS" chosen #1 I would have chosen #1 too !
I also raised window line 3/4" to 1-3/4" flowing back and blended to rear hip.

Here is the end result...

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice. Hey Car-Lo. What type of front nose are you going to use? If you haven't already, JimmyS in FL makes the stock Fiero nose. That might be what you need to glass the RX7 nose.
Car-Lo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Car-LoSend a Private Message to Car-LoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Nice. Hey Car-Lo. What type of front nose are you going to use? If you haven't already, JimmyS in FL makes the stock Fiero nose. That might be what you need to glass the RX7 nose.

Thanks, Jimmys stock (all fiberglass) bumper would be HEAVEN to work with, no time and since I only need top piece I'm planning on using old bumper for template to join the nose
if I do it this year, if not then I'll have time for Jimmy's bumper for this winter ???
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2009 11:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Pulled the car out so I can clean up my garage. I layed the panels on so I can get some pics. All of the major fiberglassing is done just have to do body filler and make the seams match then primer.

Any updates?
F355spider

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2009 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F355spiderSend a Private Message to F355spiderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got my car out after I finally got around to lowering it

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock