Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108036 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
GonsaiPK

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2007 03:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GonsaiPKSend a Private Message to GonsaiPKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man, that #13 is a good-looking car... I like to imagine my own car looking like that in the distant future.
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2007 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Kaleb:

take tons of pictures... i love orvilles stuff

I didn't get a chance to roll out to Orville's place. I usually like to multi-task my trips and picks, but my rotor hat wasn't completed at the chrome shop. I catch-up with him next week and I'll have enough picks of different items. Btw, I did come upon a Ford GT for the length of my trip (200 miles on I-5). Boy-o-boy, that GT40 sounds really, really nice!

At first I didn't know what was approaching me from behind (night time). Once it passed.... you could hear it 200 yards ahead of me. The person driving the GT40 either was running low on gas or he had to piss. He'd pass; he'd catch-up, and repeated this along I-5 hwy. You must love a car that gets 36 mpg (Eclipse) but I'd trade him any day even though you have to gas-up frequently.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Troy, did you make it home safely? How was the trip to Archie's and back? Any pics unloading the chopper? Enquiring minds would like to know.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2007 11:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by madcurl:

Hey Troy, did you make it home safely? How was the trip to Archie's and back? Any pics unloading the chopper? Enquiring minds would like to know.

I talked to Troyboy today. They made it home safely w/o issues.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2007 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have a new member, hehe.

Originally posted by Archie:

FierociousGT, The Eagle has landed.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-05-2007).]

Fierotaz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well #13 is safe at home...The trip was long but very enjoyable. Every time I stopped for gas I had to answer the what is it? How did you get a V8 in there? questions. I had one boy about 12 or so come over to the car and ask me a couple of questions and then I popped the door to get in and he ran back to his dad yelling give me the camara I have to take pictures of this car! There was an incident going down the highway just out side of St Louis with 4 teenagers in a Civic, they pulled up next to me then dropped back to look at the car from the back (I was doing 80). We were coming up on a slow car so I needed to get over but they were not passing so I punched it in 6th gear and got over made my pass then slowed back down to 80. The Civic pulls up next to me and the kid rolls his window down and starts yelling what is it and what kind of engine do you have? It took about 4 attempts before he understood me due to his fart can and my loud exhaust. I then met up with my wife in Oklahoma City where we loaded it on the trailer and took it back to phoenix. While on the trailer people would start to pass then slow down and look at the car. I made a couple to stops to meet up with fellow PFFers on the way so they could check out the new/old ride.
It was a great time and I have several more trips planned in the next month so I will be back...
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2007 12:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fierotaz:

so I punched it in 6th gear ...

My favorite part of the story!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I didn't get a chance to roll out to Orville's place.

I finally got around to visiting Oville's place last week and boy was I impressed! I must say I love the dash and especially the one-off Fiero doors; the best I've seen so far. I love the nose too and it reminds me of James Dean's Porsche by the wheel arches and nose openings. I took 15- or more pics of Orville's 3rd chopper.

SAFASTRO

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SAFASTROClick Here to visit SAFASTRO's HomePageSend a Private Message to SAFASTROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well???? Where are the pics???
C'mon man.......
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-22-2007 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

Well???? Where are the pics???
C'mon man.......

I sent the pics to Jscott for resizing.

jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll get them to Curley today
PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I finally got around to visiting Oville's place last week and boy was I impressed! I must say I love the dash and especially the one-off Fiero doors; the best I've seen so far. I love the nose too and it reminds me of James Dean's Porsche by the wheel arches and nose openings. I took 15- or more pics of Orville's 3rd chopper.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 10-01-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2007 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8650 posts
Member since Jun 2003

More of Orville's newest:

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2007 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks Tony for posting. Orville's recent modification of the Fiero doors is perhaps the best I've seen.

Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well I drove from Phoenix AZ to Austin TX without any major incidents. I now have the BIG wheels and tires so the interest level has gone way up. I could not stop without several people gathering around my car to look and ask questions (very cool feeling). I had people honking at me as I passed them by (side note: forgot to calibrate the speedo for the new 20's information provided by a Texas Constable) fortunatly I did not receive any tickets in the 1100 + mile drive. I met up with Cliff W in Kerrville on my way into Austin on Friday night and we went over to a little car show with mostly Vettes and Classices, we saw some very nice cars. My car was filthy and full of my junk from the road trip so I parked it off to the side and not in the show isles, it took about 3 minutes and there was a crowd of 15+ car owners swarming around my car and asking questions. If was a very nice night and I sat and listend to storys about their incounters with Fieros back in the day... over all it was a good trip and I look forward to being back in Kerrville for the RRRR. I will be driving back to Phoenix next Sunday right after the Ruckus so I should have more stories...
One more note: I was driving down 183 in Austin when this PU pulled up next to me and the guy in the passenger seat climbed across his wife (driving) and stuck his head out the window to ask what kind of car it was and tell me how nice it looked. I think I saw her smack him in the head after I passed by
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2007 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

(side note: forgot to calibrate the speedo for the new 20's information provided by a Texas Constable) fortunatly I did not receive any tickets in the 1100 + mile drive.

Was during your inspection? Just how much is the speedo off?

One more note: I was driving down 183 in Austin when this PU pulled up next to me and the guy in the passenger seat climbed across his wife (driving) and stuck his head out the window to ask what kind of car it was and tell me how nice it looked. I think I saw her smack him in the head after I passed by

Heehee. Nice stories.

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2007 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope to be at Orville's place this week for updates on his current third choptop. Stay tuned.

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it never is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can become a reality; Archie and the Crew and make your Dreams into a reality."

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2007 03:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Leroy. What did the officer say to you who pulled you over in TX?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-16-2007).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2007 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Now i knooooooooow there has to be some experiences out there from driving this beauty around !

Okay John (Car-lo),...time to fess up !

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2007 11:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Now i knooooooooow there has to be some experiences out there from driving this beauty around !

Okay John (Car-lo),...time to fess up !

Swiped this qoute from John's (Car-lo) build thread talking about his experiences:

"It's a whole new driving experience with the choptop. People start looking
from a distance and don't stop looking until I've gone past them.

Driving back from Winnipeg, near Swift Current, Sask., I was passing a
school bus. The kids rushed to one side of the bus and it started to lean
(the bus needed swaybars too). Kids were smiling, waving and giving me the
'thumbs up'. It was pretty funny! "

http://www.westcoastfieros....p?TID=133&PN=1&TPN=1
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2007 11:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got off the cell talking to Leroy (#013) nearing Blyte and is about 2-3 hours from home. He mentioned that the chopper is riding just fine with some minor rubbing of the front tires, but the Nittos are very sticky and very good at treading water. Due to the rear being so massive... it appears you're following a truck treading water and of mist. He also said , "Every where he stops for gas, people start to gather and asking questions. Poor guy...I told him this would happen, hehe.

Edit: Hey Troy, due to Leroy 4500 miles of driving, Leroy said his rims are in need of a good cleaning and wants to buy the same cleaning solution you purchased for your rims.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 10-28-2007).]

PFF
System Bot
Fierotaz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotazSend a Private Message to FierotazEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One quick story before I go to sleep, I was headed south on the 101 towards LA and I see a yellow car closing in on me. When he gets close enough I see it is a bright yellow Ferrari F430 and he slowed down when he came up on my car then he passed and gave me a nod. Well I passed him back and we leap frogged each other for the better of 30 Miles. When we hit traffic I was stopped right behind him and people were staring and pointing at both cars...the F430 because it was beautiful and mine because they probably could not figure out what it was
I will summerize my experiences on the 4500+ miles I drove the chop this month in the next few days.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 02:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No tales to tell driving yet...but stopping for gas in some small town in Missouri, while on the trailer a small crowd forms.

The usual questions, "Is that a FIERO!?!" (yes)

"Is that a kit?" (no, it's all custom)

"Are those brakes upgraded" (No, Fieros came from the factory with 4 wheel disc brakes)

"Is it fast, what's it do?" (fast is a relative term)

And due to the lack of an interior, "Is that a race car?" (no)

The most interesting comment to me, "Even like that it's cool"

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2007 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

One quick story before I go to sleep, I was headed south on the 101 towards LA and I see a yellow car closing in on me. When he gets close enough I see it is a bright yellow Ferrari F430 and he slowed down when he came up on my car then he passed and gave me a nod. Well I passed him back and we leap frogged each other for the better of 30 Miles. When we hit traffic I was stopped right behind him and people were staring and pointing at both cars...the F430 because it was beautiful and mine because they probably could not figure out what it was
I will summerize my experiences on the 4500+ miles I drove the chop this month in the next few days.

Best story I've read in a long time! I just got off the cell speaking to HRE and while going over some of the specs and stuff. I mentioned that you drove to CA and the experience with the F430 driver. He (HRE) was all positive and said that, "Your car is perhaps wider than the Ferrari due to the massive lips on the rears. He continued on to say, "The Ferrari's rear lips are 3.5" and although they've made some custom HRE for Ferrari customers and photo-ops...he's never seen a Ferrari on the streets with HREs. Oh yeah Leroy, HRE wants pics of your car once it's painted for their customer collection gallory. Although I tried to explain the Mad-Arch widebody it was somewhat hard to explain w/o the pics.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2007 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was talking to one of the head guys at HRE company last Wednesday. They want exclusive hi-res pictures featuring the New York, The Arizona, and the CA Fieros for HRE's web site...once they cars are painted.

1.Leroy's (#013)
2.Troy's (#22), and

------------------

"Anyone can make a copy of something, it may look good but it never is the real car. Make something from your imagination, something unique, something nobody has, anything is possible and, ideas can become a reality; Archie and the Crew and make your Dreams into a reality."

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More tales please !
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 01:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

First it was Car-2-lo now another canadian choptop, widebody is coming right along !

http://www.westcoastfieros....sts.asp?TID=207&PN=1
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2007 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was at Big John's tire shop in Valencia, CA installing the 20x12 on a 345/25/20. Yeah, had to be there to see just how many guys is needed to install a morbidly/thin tire, hehehe. Several of the guys there enquired as-to what car the rims are going onto, cause, although the Eclipse sports the 19s there isn't any room for the 345/25/20.

Well, I baited them w/o telling them, "A fiero." Lamborghini/Viper/Corvette were just a few names thrown out there. No. I said to them and I proceeded to show them pics of #020. Silence...and even after a few seconds, nobody even notice the talilamps saying, "P-O-N-T-I-A-C." A few seconds later, I told them that it's a Pontiac Fiero. I'm not sure if they knew what a Pontiac Fiero is or maybe they didn't care, hehe. Either way, I never recieved any negetive comments while I was there.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2008 12:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Soon,......soon !

Somebody pinch me !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 01-31-2008).]

cornersonrails

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2008 07:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cornersonrailsClick Here to visit cornersonrails's HomePageSend a Private Message to cornersonrailsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm definately enjoying the show !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Quick update on Choptop #19:

Got some pics from Loyde and we discussed some details about my car. I am going with a different setup than anything I have seen here. It is kind of similar to some with regard to looks and performance, but very different than most - just the way I like it. Kuddos to Loyde for taking the time to make sure I am 100% satisfied with my car, I know I can be a headache sometimes. When he gets it done, it will be exactly like I want it.

--Will

Status report?
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Status report?

Here are some pics I took back on Dec. 27, 2005.

Where is she now?

Archie
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just noticed that #019 has shaved door handles.
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2008 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just noticed that #019 has shaved door handles.

Yeah, they've been on there for a couple of years now.
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks Tony for posting. Orville's recent modification of the Fiero doors is perhaps the best I've seen.

Madcurl,

Any more pictures of Orvilles finished dash? I'm about to see if a novice can pull off a similar dash swap using the Grand Prix GXP dash. More pictures and advice from Orville would be invaluable!!

Blkcofy
Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Status report?

Originally posted by Archie:

Here are some pics I took back on Dec. 27, 2005.

Where is she now?

Archie

Loyde still has it. MAN I miss that car, haven't seen her in over 2 years.

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 01-06-2012).]

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2008 11:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Loyde still has it, but to his credit, he did a complete bad ass S2 3800 SC install before I changed my mind and wanted something else haha. MAN I miss that car, haven't seen her in over 2 years.

So what is the hold up Will ? Is there any projected movement at all ?

Good luck in getting her going.

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2008 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

So what is the hold up Will ? Is there any projected movement at all ?

Good luck in getting her going.

Thanks man. Not sure, but if it doesn't happen soon, I guess I will just sell the project for a loss when I get it done. I have been eyeballing a 69 convertible Vette.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2008 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I want one so bad....
I think I am going to stand on the highway off ramp with a sign
(NEED MONEY FOR CHOPTOP !!!! Please help.
haha. Verry soon!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2008 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to Orville's choptop charral: Night pics and some of them didn't come out very good.

My personnal visit 2/27/08 featuring choptop #002hb & #003hb

The Man!

#003hb

Dash interior lights on: Everything works in Orville's car and nicely done and the best stock interior swap I've ever seen.

Boost gauge: I found this stock item better than the A-piller pods.

100% custom auto shifter.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 02-28-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock