Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  CHOPTOP CHRONICLES (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
CHOPTOP CHRONICLES by madcurl
Started on: 04-11-2004 08:47 PM
Replies: 1450 (108005 views)
Last post by: Thegayguy1 on 02-11-2024 04:58 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 12:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mono:

Still a work in progress...

Progress report?
IP: Logged
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-19-2006 01:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

madcurl

21401 posts
Member since Jul 2003
Starbucking: Refreshments

08:20 hrs....I was getting my "usual" at Starbucks and standing in line while a gentleman asked, "You're the guy with the Fiero." I was a little curious as-to which Fiero he was referring too so I asked, "which one"? "He said, the silver one and it's really sounds good." We talked for a few minutes before our drinks arrived.

I think it's time for #011 to refresh the minds of the locals again

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 06-19-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-23-2006 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a chance to fire-up #015. Popped the wing'd doors, sat down, took a deep breath, as the sweet smell of leather (thanks Mr. Mike) filled my lungs. After 15 minutes, I closed the door, dropped the top on my work car and headed to the tire shop. I wore the same T-shirt and recieve the same reactions as my last visit.

As I rolled the steam roller towards the tire changer, people were puzzled. One guy said, "That's a lot of tire, man." A young kid wanted to know what type of car uses those rims? I turned my back to him, letting him see the "Choptops." Too bad I don't have a pic of Troyboy's car, hehe.

The tire guy mounted the 305's w/o any issues. I was too nervous to take pics during this process but, i did take pics of the machine. The cost was $20 bucks.
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 07:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I attended a car show at my park on Saturday - had about 127 cars for the day - and the money went to charity - so I entered the TAZ.

Most of the were American classics - with lots of custom and very beautiful fram off restos etc.

The only class mine seemed to fit was "Special Interest" - so in it went.

Tons of interest from everyone at the show - and I was the only mid-engine there (except for a top fuel dragster).

The TAZ isn't painted yet - and likely won't get covered with 'glass" until this winter.

Anyway - most everyone there did not notice the chop. That's probably the best compliment they could make of Archie's work. When I pointed it out they really loved it and were fascinated with how it was done. The kids looking at the car loved it too - as they'd say things like - "look how low this one is Mom - you gotta sit on the floor"!

Lots of smiles and a good day....

Oh yeah - I won the "Special Interest" class trophy because of the chop/mid-engine and because it was so clean!!!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

Anyway - most everyone there did not notice the chop. That's probably the best compliment they could make of Archie's work. When I pointed it out they really loved it and were fascinated with how it was done. The kids looking at the car loved it too - as they'd say things like - "look how low this one is Mom - you gotta sit on the floor"!

Nice. Any more pics?

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 07-10-2006).]

DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Nice. Any more pics?

I took about 6 of my favorites - but they are not Fiero related.... ;^(
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2006 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DrCPU:

I took about 6 of my favorites - but they are not Fiero related.... ;^(

hehe. So what did the guys say about the chromed out engine/6-speed?
DrCPU

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-11-2006 07:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DrCPUSend a Private Message to DrCPUEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First for the chop chronicle add in....

I replaced the Alternator belt last night and drove in to work this AM.

I came up to a red light (I was turning left) and while waiting a guy pulls up in a VW Jetta and looks over - rolls his window down and asks me (using his hands with a horizontal chop motion and a questioning face) "Did you chop her?". As I could not really hear him - I read his lips =8^).... I rolled my window down and he asked me again.

I told him yup - and he looks over the cr from front to back and says "Wow, great job - really makes the car look great!" He adds - "What's in the back?" I yell out "350SBC!" He smiles broadly and nods his head in approval...

I get the advanced left turn light - give him the thumbs up - and off I go.

At the car meet - the reason I won the special interest (as I was told by the judges afterwards) was due to the whole Chop/Engine conversion. I spent about two hours cleaning the engine bay up completely. She sparkled like crazy! The guys in the know knew how expensive the chrome TPI was and appreciated being able to see the whole package clearly!

Will-Martin

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 03:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick update on Choptop #19:

Got some pics from Loyde and we discussed some details about my car. I am going with a different setup than anything I have seen here. It is kind of similar to some with regard to looks and performance, but very different than most - just the way I like it. Kuddos to Loyde for taking the time to make sure I am 100% satisfied with my car, I know I can be a headache sometimes. When he gets it done, it will be exactly like I want it.

--Will

------------------
My Cardomain Website: BLACKHEART FIERO

[This message has been edited by Will-Martin (edited 07-14-2006).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Will-Martin:

Quick update on Choptop #19:

When he gets it done, it will be exactly like I want it.

--Will

It will look even better as a fastback
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2006 12:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A co-worker viewed the new pics of #020 C6 flipper/chopper from Norm....it was all thumbs up! I'll need to tweek a little, hehe.
PFF
System Bot
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 09:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

It will look even better as a fastback

Yup!

Thanks Jonathan!

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2006 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup!

Will it be finished in time for the CTHC?

Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Will it be finished in time for the CTHC?

I would have to say no. The engine mods will take until October to complete, straight from the horse's mouth.

--Will

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I would have to say no. The engine mods will take until October to complete, straight from the horse's mouth.

--Will

So will make it then to...D7? If so, we can then roll 5-deep to Daytona....chopper style.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2006 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got a chance to fire-up #015. Popped the wing'd doors, sat down, took a deep breath, as the sweet smell of leather (thanks Mr. Mike) filled my lungs. After 15 minutes, I closed the door, dropped the top on my work car and headed to the tire shop. I wore the same T-shirt and recieve the same reactions as my last visit.

As I rolled the steam roller towards the tire changer, people were puzzled. One guy said, "That's a lot of tire, man." A young kid wanted to know what type of car uses those rims? I turned my back to him, letting him see the "Choptops." Too bad I don't have a pic of Troyboy's car, hehe.

The tire guy mounted the 305's w/o any issues. I was too nervous to take pics during this process but, i did take pics of the machine. The cost was $20 bucks.

Da pics !

ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 05:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wake up guys!

Here's where I'm at these days...

Obviously sanding, more glassing, and more alignment needs to be done. But it's getting there. 4.9's done, and the 12" vette brakes are being put on!

Question - Interior pieces, how did you shrink them down? Heat gun I presume? Where did you heat up? Thanks for any help!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Looking good ace !
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-24-2006 07:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

exoticse

8649 posts
Member since Jun 2003
Choptop #4 video

Testing the brakes.

http://home.comcast.net/~fieromojo/CT_4_driveby.wmv

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 07-24-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 12:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace35:

Wake up guys!

Here's where I'm at these days...

Obviously sanding, more glassing, and more alignment needs to be done. But it's getting there. 4.9's done, and the 12" vette brakes are being put on!

Looking good. Do you think you'll have enough time for the CTHC in IL?

ace35

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-25-2006 11:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace35Send a Private Message to ace35Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think it'll be done for awhile, sadly. I don't think I'd be able to make it down that far anyway. Got that college thing to deal with soon . and need to find more ways to pay for it...sounds like fun though. Thanks for the comments
PFF
System Bot
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-26-2006 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nothing really special to report but, a cool sales sales guy at Ford rememberd #015 and #011. I asked Exoticse to send me a few (good) pics of #011 and I emailed him several pics, hehe. The parts dept guy thought I owned a GT40 when I requested several vents from the GT40, hehe.
Will-Martin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Will-MartinClick Here to visit Will-Martin's HomePageSend a Private Message to Will-MartinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here is an updated concept of my choptop - let me know what you think.

Puttin a fastback clip on it and tweeking a few little things. Thanks to JScott1 for the clip and fastback conversion parts and to Loyde for a very nice engine conversion job to date. I can't wait.

--Will

------------------
My Cardomain Website: BLACKHEART FIERO

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow. very nice.
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-13-2006 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A co-worker viewed the new pics of #020 C6 flipper/chopper from Norm....it was all thumbs up! I'll need to tweek a little, hehe.

How about sharing the new pics with us too? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-14-2006 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

How about sharing the new pics with us too? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

You'll have to wait until CTHC in three weeks. Here are some pics from several weeks ago. //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/050746-6.html

Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2006 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Custom2M4 has entered the domain of the choptop. Hopefully by next week I will have all the welding done and have the targa cut open.....

I didn't really want to have to do it myself, because it takes me forever to get to the shop (I moved the car from my home). But ohh well, shes getting done.

I am also building my daily driver up as well. Ordering a BP-ZE Turbo motor from japan in the spring for that (93 EGT) . I saw a few threads on here about the ecotech, maybe in a couple years I'll take my car to archie and make him fit in one of those with the 6spd .

Been a while guys! Hopefully I can post pictures late next week!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I fired up #015 last Friday and it started on the first try.....priceless. I let the car warm up for 15 minutes while I checked the gauges. I drove maybe 3-miles under the cloak of darkness before my tages expired in 45 minutes before midnight, hehe. The car looked akward due to the small 20's in the rear and the grayish 19's up front. A few minutes later and I was backing it in the garage trying not to awaken the neighbors. It was too late at night to start #011.
Vunda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VundaSend a Private Message to VundaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just have to say to all of you with these beautiful fastbacks that I am Extremely jealous, and wonder where the closest one to me here in North Carolina, I would love to get some eyes on one of those!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vunda:

I just have to say to all of you with these beautiful fastbacks that I am Extremely jealous, and wonder where the closest one to me here in North Carolina, I would love to get some eyes on one of those!

Jim88GT
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-03-2006 11:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Someday,....someday soon !

------------------

1985SE chopped and dropped/ V-8 Archie Choptop #4
1986GT
1986 coupe 2M4

PFF
System Bot
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-14-2006 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any good stories out of the choptop reunion ? Rides, experiences ??
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2006 04:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

Any good stories out of the choptop reunion ? Rides, experiences ??

Sensory over-ride. I got a chance to "roll" in three chop tops! Oh yeah, I have pics, hehe.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Choptop Chowdown !

V-8 Archie and a bevy (4) of choptop owners talking shop and munching down at the recent choptop reunion.

That is one meal and conversation i am sorry i missed.

Troy and Curly we will all have to do it at D7 !

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-19-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2006 09:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Choptop Chowdown !

V-8 Archie and a bevy (4) of choptop owners talking shop and munching down at the recent choptop reunion.

I had a darn good time hanging out with the crew! It was late (02:00HR) at Shake N' Steaks after eye ballin' the cars at Archie's for "The Perfect Union." This was the only time that I stayed over and didn't have to drive back to CA.

I got a chance to me Dr. CPU and Troyboy for the first time (really wonderful guys). I think it wasn't until 03:00 before I went to bed.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-19-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2006 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Choptop Chowdown !

That is one meal and conversation i am sorry i missed.

Boy-o-boy the coversations where going in every direction. Even Bob Rutz is thinking about a choptop for his Ferrari replica! My mind was on the hood, flipper, 350Z window, and ect.....

Perhaps the "best" conversation was a "no-conversation"......just hanging out was the main theme here.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 09-20-2006).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-23-2006 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reflections:

Two weeks ago I was able to ride in three choptops. The smell and the sound of the engines are still locked into my senses.

(a pic from the outside looking in)

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-29-2006 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I smell some new Chronicles being cooked up !

Madcurl should have a tale or two, once he returns from Orville's choptop dreamland !
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I smell some new Chronicles being cooked up !

Madcurl should have a tale or two, once he returns from Orville's choptop dreamland !

Yes. Hangin' with Orville was a blast! I have about good 20-pics of Orville's latest creation and I'll send you the pics later on today.

What's on the list? Orville's third choptop, unique one-off parts, mad-rear-end chops, Eclipse front windsheild, and many, many more!!!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2006 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Posted for madcurl

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 09-30-2006).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 37 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock