Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  whodeanie's 88 gt custom build (Page 9)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
whodeanie's 88 gt custom build by whodeanie
Started on: 03-20-2008 12:26 PM
Replies: 788 (67409 views)
Last post by: CommanderKeen on 08-23-2013 07:59 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85duke:

Dude your little scoop matches the bigger one on the side. LOL. Whodeanie you do awesome work. That and in your own garage. I can't wait to see this one finished.

that's what I was going for. I will screen it in like the back also.
thanks for the complement. it's not the garage or the shop it's the people in it or in my case the person... LOL.

page 9 is mine!

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 12-05-2008).]

IP: Logged
85duke

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You do good If you owned a shop that did this kind of stuff I would not have any problems letting you do the work. Really top notch work.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 01:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You do good If you owned a shop that did this kind of stuff I would not have any problems letting you do the work. Really top notch work.

I don't think so. like I tell my wife I love to work on cars when I don't have to and I am not on a time line. I was an ASE tech among other things.
work is just that work and play is what you see.
but thanks again.

85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 01:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wasn't asking if you would do it on my car. I was just saying that based on this thread IF you did own a shop you would have my business. I am going to UTI to be ASE certified I have a year and a half untill i graduate.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wasn't asking if you would do it on my car. I was just saying that based on this thread IF you did own a shop you would have my business. I am going to UTI to be ASE certified I have a year and a half untill i graduate.

I knew what you ment!
you are going to UTI? take every class you can!
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to take as many as I can afford. So far I have auto/diesel industrial. I am going to add Ford and smog as well An international elective too.
fieroboom

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2008 03:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hey, whodeanie, we should start a shop for the southeast! I think it'd be a lotta fun!

------------------
Journal of a concept: http://southeastfieros.com >>> Build Thread >>> Parts thread (for project funding)

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fieroboom:

Hey, whodeanie, we should start a shop for the southeast! I think it'd be a lotta fun!

I love it as a hobby but if I did it for a living it would become a job. and I would not want that.

I was not able to even look at my car this last weekend but I did have fun friday night. a frined fo mine got a new car and took me for a ride.
he has more money than he knows what to do with. his new car is a Lambo, Gallardo all wheel drive 550hp.
that was a fun ride!

this is not his car but one just like it. I did not have my camera with me to get pic's

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 12-08-2008).]

doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If your friend doesn't know what to do with it, tell him to send some my way.. I could use a few things for the fiero

Nice build thread you have going on here though !
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

If your friend doesn't know what to do with it, tell him to send some my way.. I could use a few things for the fiero

Nice build thread you have going on here though !

I don't think it would work I am tyring to talk him out of the extra LS7 he has for his Corvette to stick in my Fiero and he is not going for it.
and thanks!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
A photo chop by Fieroboom to help inspire me to get mine done!
thanks!
PFF
System Bot
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

A photo chop by Fieroboom to help inspire me to get mine done!
thanks!

ARG! You posted my quick-n-dirty ugliness here too??
Lookin' good man, keep it up!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ARG! You posted my quick-n-dirty ugliness here too??
Lookin' good man, keep it up!

make it better and re post it here. LOL
thanks! I gave you a + rating for it.
fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2008 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

make it better and re post it here. LOL
thanks! I gave you a + rating for it.

You might completely hate this, but here goes the "Whodeanie Mean Greanie"... Rims courtesy of yellowstone.
WARNING: This is an artist's representation, and most likely does NOT represent the owner's intentions...

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You might completely hate this, but here goes the "Whodeanie Mean Greanie"... Rims courtesy of yellowstone.
WARNING: This is an artist's representation, and most likely does NOT represent the owner's intentions...

not to bad. it gives me a good idea what it will look like with a few mods. thanks!

fieroboom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 10:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroboomClick Here to visit fieroboom's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroboomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

not to bad. it gives me a good idea what it will look like with a few mods. thanks!

Glad to do it!
- The perspective on the rims is a little off
- I gave her some "hips" in the back. Wasn't sure if you were going widebody or not.
- I dropped her nose with somewhat of a chin spoiler
- I tinted the taillights with a "cover" that stretches across

I wasn't totally sure on the actual shape of the rear bumper, because it's a little difficult to make out the lines with all the filler on it. I also wasn't sure on how big the gap is in the front fender from the fender to the door panel, so I guesstimated...
If you've got some hi-res images of it, send them to me at paul@grandesigns.net and I'll try to do some more accurate depictions of it as-is. I was just trying to be creative a little on that last one.
I can still make it look better, just need some better pics to start with.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2008 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Glad to do it!
- The perspective on the rims is a little off
- I gave her some "hips" in the back. Wasn't sure if you were going widebody or not.
- I dropped her nose with somewhat of a chin spoiler
- I tinted the taillights with a "cover" that stretches across

I wasn't totally sure on the actual shape of the rear bumper, because it's a little difficult to make out the lines with all the filler on it. I also wasn't sure on how big the gap is in the front fender from the fender to the door panel, so I guesstimated...
If you've got some hi-res images of it, send them to me at paul@grandesigns.net and I'll try to do some more accurate depictions of it as-is. I was just trying to be creative a little on that last one.
I can still make it look better, just need some better pics to start with.

Let me get the car a little farther along and I will send you some larger pic's to play with that way I will have the wheels on it and the hood and deck lid as well as the front nose tweaks.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2008 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a minor update
last night for about an hr. I worked on fitting the new inside door panels
I am using a fiberglass 355 dash and doors and I had to tweak the doors a bit because on the 355 kit car the outside door skin is higher than stock
so I had to cut down the top of the door panel so it would not stick up past the outside. with the car being a chop top it would have made the side windows real small as well as look stupid from the outside of the car.
I did not get any pic's from last night but earlyer in this thread I posted pic's of them. I will be out of town for the next few days but once I get back I will try to get more done before Christmas but I dont think much will happen till after the new year but once I do I will post it for everyone.
D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2008 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tires and rims mounted yet?

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2008 10:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Tires and rims mounted yet?

not yet I have been sick and have not even looked at the car yet.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 12:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It is going to be really interesting to see if the 10" wide wheels, with rubber, will be enough to lineup to match the lip of the widebody. i am hoping so !

Fingers crossed !
PFF
System Bot
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2008 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man...................................you must be sick!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2008 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you back to or work

or are you still sick?

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2008 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
still sick.
I went to the doctor and they got me on some meds but I feal like I am drunk. I dont want to work with power tools when I feal like this.
as soon as I feal better I will get more done and post it
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-25-2008 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Get yourself well Dean,..the car will still be there when you are ready.

Happy Holidays.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am getting better now and I will be finishing up some tweaks I have done to the body of the car and then I will be taking the car to the body shop
for finishing this next mounth.
I have to work alot this mounth so I will not be able to work on the car much so this is the best way to keep the work going on it. I have not mounted the tires yet because I am waiting on a set of flush valve stems.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2008 03:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have not mounted the tires yet because I am waiting on a set of flush valve stems.

Did BonSpeed misplace them?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2008 07:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Did BonSpeed misplace them?

no I forgot to order them when I ordered the wheels and I was just going to use regular valve stems but I think it will be much nicer with the custom ones.
I am not in that big of a hurry on them now that I was able to test fit the wheels so I could do the final tweaks on the body before it goes to the body shop.
they would just sit around till the car gets back I am trying to find a set of junk wheels to throw on the car for paint and body so I can get carnut his wheels back
to him.
my shop has been slow so I need to spend more time here to get it going strong again so I can make the money I need to finish my car.
I will keep you all posted with the progress but it will slow down for a little bit.

ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2009 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
first i would like to say hi and happy new year to all.
great work on the ride! i am thinking of doing the wide body on mine so
please keep us posted on the rear bumper !

------------------
just gettin started!

[This message has been edited by ace5514 (edited 01-04-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-09-2009 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am still here I just have not had a chance to post here. I have not done much to the car yet this year due to funds.
my shop is taking most of my time as of late. so I can make the money I need to get the car done and pay the bills.
I will post as soon as I have somthing to show.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 04:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just bumping my build for now.
tomarow the World of wheels is in Atl.
I am going to try to get out of work for a little while and go see some of the club members.
the car has not seen much progress as of last mounth I have not had the time.
my mirrors will be done monday and the car will be going to the body shop to finish the body work and paint on the 14th of feb.
I am saving up the money for my LSX swap I got the price from Archie. I think I might sell my 5.7L LS6 long block and get an LS3 crate motor instead 6.2L!
my friend that builds race corvettes wants to put a turbo on it for me. he tells me I should get about 650 - 700 hp out of it.
I am going to beef up the F40 trans with an LSD and cryo the gears we will have to see just how much hp it will take. I will keep everyone posted when I get a chance to do more work on it.
PFF
System Bot
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 04:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey, Dean, the club won't have a display this year. I think maybe the only Fiero that might be there is Barkaroo's Mera/308. I think OldOne was looking for someone to go to the show with. You can contact him through our forum. He posted asking if anyone wanted to go down to see the show.

600-700 HP? Well, you're close enough to the Alpharetta Autoban to be able to use it. But watch out. I hear Alpharetta got a helicopter. This is going to be one fine ride, both inside and out.
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2009 05:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Alpharetta got a helicopter? Are you freakin' kidding me??? When we first moved there it had 3 cops & 2 traffic lights....
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-16-2009 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierofool:

Hey, Dean, the club won't have a display this year. I think maybe the only Fiero that might be there is Barkaroo's Mera/308. I think OldOne was looking for someone to go to the show with. You can contact him through our forum. He posted asking if anyone wanted to go down to see the show.

600-700 HP? Well, you're close enough to the Alpharetta Autoban to be able to use it. But watch out. I hear Alpharetta got a helicopter. This is going to be one fine ride, both inside and out.

LOL Alpharetta Autoban, Naa 575 north of Canton! even though 400 can be fun.
I was wanting to see some fieros there. I am going friday just for a short time I don't like all the people on the weekend.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2009 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well? Anything new?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2009 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not yet I am still trying to keep my shop going and it is taking all of my time and money
so the fiero was put on the back burner for a while but not dead!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just a bump for now with a little update
today I get to pick up my new mirrors I can't wait to see them
I will post pics of them soon
Galliero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GallieroSend a Private Message to GallieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I love it as a hobby but if I did it for a living it would become a job. and I would not want that.

I was not able to even look at my car this last weekend but I did have fun friday night. a frined fo mine got a new car and took me for a ride.
he has more money than he knows what to do with. his new car is a Lambo, Gallardo all wheel drive 550hp.
that was a fun ride!

this is not his car but one just like it. I did not have my camera with me to get pic's

Hey man, check out my post I could really use your help with fiberglassing my project you seem to know what your doing what I have seen of your project looks amazing. Help!!!!!
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Testing...1...2...3. Is this thread still working?
Galliero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2009 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GallieroSend a Private Message to GallieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by whodeanie:

thats funny! he is a dealer that buys them at auction.
I fixed it.
if anyone wants any parts from a Corvette let me know and I will let you know if he has it and a cost.

Check and see if he has a set corvette side mirrors. Thanks! Did you get to check out my thread I think you would like my project especially considering it is based on a lambo Gallardo like the one your friend just got.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock