Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  whodeanie's 88 gt custom build (Page 19)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
whodeanie's 88 gt custom build by whodeanie
Started on: 03-20-2008 12:26 PM
Replies: 788 (67251 views)
Last post by: CommanderKeen on 08-23-2013 07:59 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 09:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Erik at HT could have made them for me with the biger bolt pattern like he did for MadCurl. but I already had my custom wheels and I did not want to buy another set.
the hubs are as strong as you can get, all made in the USA. but yes it can be done

IP: Logged
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 12:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Eric's Corvette hubs

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 12:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What's the story with that hub, it's got siamese lug holes. Is it going from 5x4.75 to a larger pattern? Or, is that a Fiero 5x100 hub expanding to 5x4.75?
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 03:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Flyn2Low:
...Seems like if you are using those custom knuckles, you could drill some more mounting holes for the larger bolt pattern to mount the vette hubs. Also there is the knuckle from the 6000 that is a bolt on for the rear of the 84-87 that accepts the front hub from the S-10 4X4 which is bigger and has the vette lug pattern. Using the S-10 outer axle stub with the Fiero axle is an easy upgrade for those stump pulling engines that want to rip the factory Fiero hubs apart and gives you the more common wheel bolt pattern...

^This is a good idea.^

Originally posted by madcurl:
Eric's Corvette hubs

^These... ???^
I wouldn't trust slotted Fiero hubs past 90 mph. Eric will even, hesitantly, tell you these are designed for "Show Cars". Maybe they'll work just fine, but I'm not going to be the one to find out.

Edit to add:
In Eric's defense, he does advise using a smaller bolt pattern than the 5x4.75" if you have to change it. A 5x4.5" is still a common bolt pattern and would keep the lugs within the original hub perimeter, thus greatly increasing the strength over the Corvette pattern in which the side load on the lugs is split between the new ring backing and the original hub plate.

[This message has been edited by ClayTonto (edited 12-21-2009).]

Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2009 01:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If HT makes custom knuckles why not just use the 5x4.75 front & rear Vette hubs? Are the Axle shafts not compatible for the rear?

[This message has been edited by Amida (edited 12-21-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-22-2009 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you got me, I have never looked into it. the best thing to do would be to call Erik at HT.
he is a great guy that will help.

a little update on the car.....
this last weekend I did not get much time to work on it because I had to go help my mother with my grandfather. he is geting bad now.

anyway, what I did do was to install an A piller pod. I also picked up something off the kit car forum, a stearing column that will fit in my car with minor mods that goes with my 355 dash way better than the stock one. I will not have it till after the first of the year but I will keep you posted once I get it.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2009 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here is a little update,
I will have the new column today for the car, I found one at a local junk yard. this is going to make a big differance in the whole look of the inside of the car.
I will get pics once I pick it up today. I was also able to get a pic of the A piller pod I made.
D.

out with the old

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2009 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In with the New!

I still have a lot of work to do on the dash and the column but last night I was able to do the first fitting.
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2009 04:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Very nice addition !

I saw that thread on Mad Mechanics and wondered who might try it.

Looks really good.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-07-2010 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
this is going to work out great in the car it was easy to do. a few little tweaks and it fits right in. I will show more detail of what I had to do to make it work once I get done with other projects.
the hardest part is the wireing but even that is not hard.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post01-10-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your projects are all coming along fine. I can't wait until the chop-top is done!
PFF
System Bot
Icelander

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IcelanderSend a Private Message to IcelanderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is that steering column out of? I just picked up a project and the column was removed and partially disassembled. If this column tilts, maybe I'll get one of them instead.

------------------
Kendall (Icelander) Whitlatch
'85 Fiero 2M4 - 5spd Isuzu
'88 CJB - EcoTec - In progress
'67 LeMans/GTO clone 6.5 litre TH400 - For Sale
All the rest aren't Pontiacs, so what does it matter?

BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Icelander:

What is that steering column out of?

check out this page

http://www.madmechanics.com...sler-sebring-column/
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Icelander:

What is that steering column out of? I just picked up a project and the column was removed and partially disassembled. If this column tilts, maybe I'll get one of them instead.

it is out of a 97 eagle tallon, it does tilt but not in the same way that to GM one does. it has a lever on the bottom and the whole shaft comes down.
I installed it in the choptop to give the car more of a euro look rather than trying to cover the stock round one with something.
it does take a little tweaking to fit it as well as some welding.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2010 12:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working on the DD to get it ready for Daytona so I have not done much with this one but I did get some stuff from Rob yesterday for this one.
with starting the shop I am going to be bussy working on other cars but I am still going to keep working on this one as I can.
D.

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2010 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Keep after it my friend!
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

In with the New!

I still have a lot of work to do on the dash and the column but last night I was able to do the first fitting.
D.

Have you figured out how to wire all the car lights on that column?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2010 09:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Have you figured out how to wire all the car lights on that column?

yea, it is easy. I have a diagram of it if you need one.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2010 02:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oops posted wrong whodeanie thread.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 02-06-2010).]

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2010 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean,
I think I'm snowed in for tomorrow. So, don't look for me at the meeting.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2010 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Dean,
I think I'm snowed in for tomorrow. So, don't look for me at the meeting.

Yea, me too!
I hate snow.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Are you going to skin your dash in carbon as well?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-14-2010 08:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Are you going to skin your dash in carbon as well?

No, I don't think so, I will most likely cover it in leather I just wanted the console done that way to make it like the Lambo.
the parts you made for me are all the carbon fiber I will be doing on the inside of the car.
D.

Brastic

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 03:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrasticClick Here to visit Brastic's HomePageSend a Private Message to BrasticEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks like the SI interior. I will be working on my SI Interior install this weekend.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2010 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brastic:

That looks like the SI interior. I will be working on my SI Interior install this weekend.

I am not sure where it came from. it is an older one I know that. Kingdom customs still makes it I think. it was given to me by a friend for work I did on his car.
I liked it for the choptop project but I have had to cut it up a bit to get it to fit the car because it was made for a 355 kit. I had to cut and redo the lower dash to raise it up to fit Rob's center colsole as well as lower the top part of the door shins because they stick up farther than the Fiero and you would see it threw the glass as well as with my car being a choptop it would make the window even smaller.
once I get my DD project done and get set up in my new shop I will get back to work on this one but for now it is on hold. the only bad thing about the car not being done is that the more it sits the more I want to change things on it
D.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2010 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the only bad thing about the car not being done is that the more it sits the more I want to change things on it
D.

Hehe so what type of changes are dancing around in your head ?
Spartan177

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spartan177Send a Private Message to Spartan177Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just tracked the windows from Archie and they should be here tomorrow
D.

they made it

I looked on Archie site and cant find the "windows only" kit =\
I was interested in maybe chopping but i cant afford 4 grand for a professional chop
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 04:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spartan177:

That's because there isn't one. Since they had to be custom made, it was expensive. Everyone pitched in evenly on the final cost to get their own set.
There's a thread on it somewhere...
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2010 07:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Spartan177:

I was interested in maybe chopping but i cant afford 4 grand for a professional chop

here you go get in on it while you can.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/050752.html

I can say these windows are nice and worth every penny.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2010 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not worked on this one in some time now because of other projects but I will be getting back to it soon. I have decided to change it up a bit more with some new mods. when I get back to it I may be selling a few of the custom parts I have made for it. don't ask yet because I will not say till I get to it
for now the car is resting in the garage at home.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-25-2010 02:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had some time today to look at the choptop in the garage today and I think once I am able to get back on it I will be changing some things on it to make it even more radical. the more I let it set the more stuff I want to change, I guess I better get it done so I can build another one
I will keep you all posted once I get back to it and if I do change some things on it I will most likely sell the parts I do not use but don't ask what parts till I post them because I do nt even know yet myself.
D.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-23-2010 11:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am going to be slamed over the next few weeks with the cars I need to get done as well as the Dells and a weekend trip out of town over the next few weeks but once that is over I think I will be able to get the Choptop over to the shop so I can work on it between other projects. I would like to have it done for this next year but it depends on how much time I can afford to work on it. I do not want to rush building it because I want it to be built the way I want it rather than cut corners to get it done.
I will keep you all posted once I get it to the shop.
D.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-03-2010 06:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm glad to hear that you're busy! How's the shop coming along?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-08-2010 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'm glad to hear that you're busy! How's the shop coming along?

Great!

I will be dusting off the the choptop soon and move it to the shop so I can get back to work on it. after all I will need a new car for next years shows

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, get after it! So, where's the shop located at?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-09-2010 10:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep, get after it! So, where's the shop located at?

Woodstock off 92 by Dixie speedway

I sent you a PM.
D.

Fiero Reagan

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post06-11-2010 12:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ReaganClick Here to visit Fiero Reagan's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero ReaganEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait to see this car finished, well the outside atleast. Dont get me wrong i like the interior too, but i can wait to see that
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-21-2010 06:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will have the Choptop at the shop for the open house in what ever state it is in
With working on so many others it does not leave me time enough for mine but once the weather goes under 90 I will start staying later to get things done on mine.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2010 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I was able to dust off the cobb webs and get her over to the shop. I will be working on her after hrs. once the heat comes down a bit.
I think I may finish this one for this next years shows. I will have to see how it goes.
D.
Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post08-05-2010 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think I may finish this one for this next years shows. I will have to see how it goes.
D.

Nothing wrong with optimism.
Dean; email me a reminder a few days before your party. Otherwise I'll never keep track of it (no good wall to hang a calender on).
ImThaDriver at yahoo
Later,
Paul
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock