Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  whodeanie's 88 gt custom build (Page 5)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
whodeanie's 88 gt custom build by whodeanie
Started on: 03-20-2008 12:26 PM
Replies: 788 (67262 views)
Last post by: CommanderKeen on 08-23-2013 07:59 PM
madcurl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2008 01:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ETA on morbidly phat rollors? Friday I hope?
IP: Logged
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-09-2008 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dean, You still fiberglassing? Need some pics's to see where your at. I'm on your tail. LOL. Hopefully I'll have the first phase of fiberglassing done this weekend.
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2008 07:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

Bon Speed has the rears done but they were waiting on the hoops for the 19s the centers were done and they told me that they would be getting them friday and they should be shipping them on monday!
I will post pic's as soon as they get here

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2008 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

Hey Dean, You still fiberglassing? Need some pics's to see where your at. I'm on your tail. LOL. Hopefully I'll have the first phase of fiberglassing done this weekend.

I have the whole car appart at this time and I am glassing in all the mounts for the lights,grills,windows,doors etc. that way I can mount them back on the car and fit everything one more time. then I will do the body work and get the body in primer. but it is slow going because I have so manny tweeks to fit and finish not just the choptop.
last night I worked on the front facia I got the grill mounted and the fog light mounts also the upper facia. I also glassed in the Mustang window flanges.
I have to work this weekend but I will try to get the underside sanded and finished so I can start getting parts back on the car.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2008 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, it's Friday what happened?
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2008 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, it's Friday what happened?

What happened? The rims didn't arrive? Oh well, I guess the excitement will happen on Monday.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post10-11-2008 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What happened? The rims didn't arrive? Oh well, I guess the excitement will happen on Monday.

" BonSpeed said my wheels will be shipping out friday or monday. I can't wait to get them. "

They were scheduled to be shipped out friday or monday so he probably won't actually get them till early next week ?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2008 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to get the wheels! they should ship today. I will have to call them and find out.
as far as work on the car I was not able to even look at it this weekend. I was working all weekend ( the down falls of working for yourself)
but I will try to get some work done this week at night and post some new pic's ASAP.
I have a lot of sanding and fitting to do.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2008 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

" BonSpeed said my wheels will be shipping out friday or monday. I can't wait to get them. "

They were scheduled to be shipped out friday or monday so he probably won't actually get them till early next week ?

Bozzie

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2008 08:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BozzieSend a Private Message to BozzieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those bonspeed gtb wheels look GREAT ! Could they do a 18x9 / 19/12 combo for a archie widebody?

Rick c.
88gt

------------------
http://i252.photobucket.com...ec/2007_12240001.jpg

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 08:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bozzie:

Those bonspeed gtb wheels look GREAT ! Could they do a 18x9 / 19/12 combo for a archie widebody?

Rick c.
88gt

They will make any of there wheels any size, offset and bolt pattern they only make custom wheels not off the shelf sets

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 08:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Ok this is what I was told yesterday from BonSpeed on the wheels the rear's are done and they got held up on the front's because they needed the 19" hoops that were on backorder. they have them now and are going to get the wheels together and shiped out asap they told me that they would be shipping by no later than next Wed.
they did tell me before that they were on backorder but they expected them earlyer but they have them now. so all is good I can wait one more week.

as far as the car goes here is an up date I worked a bit on the body making all the mounts and glassing the underside of the rear section.
I also worked on the door to fit it to the car and glass all the mounting points to it. as far as the nose I made the mounts for the fog lights and the grill and glassed in the top section where it meets the hood. the hood vent is done and I was able to get the hood in primer it just needs finish and paint.
I will be getting the parts back on the car soon to do the final fit.
here are some pictures of the progress. it does not look like much because most of the work is stuff that never gets seen but takes a lot of time to get it done rite
D.

InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2008 03:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow... that is gorgeous. really starting to be able to see what it will look like with paint in my mind. that rear end work is awesome. very nice job
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2008 08:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

wow... that is gorgeous. really starting to be able to see what it will look like with paint in my mind. that rear end work is awesome. very nice job

Thank you!
I would like to get some more done this week but work has been crazy but if I can I will post it.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last night I was finaly able to work on the car a bit I got the front end in primer so I could see where it all needs work. with it in all differant colors it was to hard to see what needed to be done.
I just set the parts on the car and got some pic's none of them are bolted up they were just sitting there.
in the rear pic's you can see where I made the mounting flandges for the Mustang windows.
here are the pic's fron last night.

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Man it is really coming together !

Whodeanie that looks great.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was so busy viewing the widebody tweaks I over looked your dual headlamps (duh).
85LAMB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 02:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man you are doing a great job

I think I read that you are planing on painting the 1/4 window area body color....
May I suggest that once you have the car toghether, that you photoshop the 1/4 window area both body color and black.
I think it might look better black since I think it will look like it flows more.
I hope you don't mind me just making a suggestion.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing your car in Daytona.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

Man you are doing a great job

I think I read that you are planing on painting the 1/4 window area body color....
May I suggest that once you have the car toghether, that you photoshop the 1/4 window area both body color and black.
I think it might look better black since I think it will look like it flows more.
I hope you don't mind me just making a suggestion.

Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing your car in Daytona.

that would be great! thanks. I have thought about it and have not decided what I want to do with it yet on one hand the black I think would look good but then it would still look like the stock Fiero window and with that I would have just wasted a lot of time and effort to do the Mustang windows. I have looked at a lot of cars and the Mustang kind of sums it up the way I think I want it where it is painted the body color but if you could photoshop it it would be cheeper and faster than painting it to see.
I will hopefully have the whole car in primer soon and that will give me a good indication of what it will look like all one color.
I will keep you posted.

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2008 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lookimg good Dean. With the frt being one color it gives the car a whole new look. Can't wait to see it painted.

Joe
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2008 03:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

Question(s); what are you going do with area between the B-piller and the Mustang glass?

Is this area to be painted the same-as the rest of the car thus creating a separation between the side window and Mustang window? Or

Is this area to be painted black with a recess layer (outlined) giving it an appearance of the orginal Lexan glass?
PFF
System Bot
ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 07:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Question(s); what are you going do with area between the B-piller and the Mustang glass?

Is this area to be painted the same-as the rest of the car thus creating a separation between the side window and Mustang window? Or

Is this area to be painted black with a recess layer (outlined) giving it an appearance of the orginal Lexan glass?

Look two posts above yours.

Whodeanie, personally I think that area would look great body color, but only if you do paint the front couple inches of it black, the strip that extends forward of the rear door line. Does that make sense?

Awesome work. I can't wait to see it finished.

------------------

88 Fiero GT - garage ornament
'96 Talon TSi AWD - 11.9 @ 116, sorta broke again
'90 Camaro IROC-Z twin-turbo - sorta broke again
'85 Kawi 750 Turbo - sorta broke still
'95 Kawi GPZ1100 - 10 second daily driver, heh
'87 Craftsman 8HP mid-engine mower - WTH?

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2008 06:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pics please. I'm feeling very tweakish.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pics please. I'm feeling very tweakish.

what pic's do you need?
I can take more when I get home tonight.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 03:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
I have looked at this and I think I like this one the best.
if I just paint it black to the back of the door. and color match the rest it will size down the B piller look and not just look like the stock fiero glass.

I will be working on the car this weekend and I hope also a bit this week after work as well.
I will post pic's as soon as I get some more done.
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 04:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

if I just paint it black to the back of the door. and color match the rest it will size down the B piller look and not just look like the stock fiero glass.

I will be working on the car this weekend and I hope also a bit this week after work as well.
I will post pic's as soon as I get some more done.

How about doing that area in Carbon Fiber? It will give you that black look you are after, but also give it a bit more eye appeal up close. If its to difficult to make a real carbon fiber panel, you could use some of that really good carbon fiber vinyl thats on the market. Just an idea.

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 10-20-2008).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2008 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

How about doing that area in Carbon Fiber? It will give you that black look you are after, but also give it a bit more eye appeal up close. If its to difficult to make a real carbon fiber panel, you could use some of that really good carbon fiber vinyl thats on the market. Just an idea.

that might be a good Idea! thanks for the feedback.

ALLTRBO

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2008 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ALLTRBOSend a Private Message to ALLTRBOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's exactly what I was talking about a few posts up.

The CF look isn't my thing, but I think it'd have a complete look if other exterior pieces were CF as well.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2008 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have not worked on the car this week yet I have been sick. but I am fealing better now and I am looking forward to this weekend it will be the first one in about a mounth that I can work on my car. I am still waiting for my wheels. I should have them this next week. they are being shiped from Cali. to Ga. so it will take a few days to get here. I am sure they will be worth the wait BonSpeed makes a great wheel.
I plan to start doing the finish bodywork on each piece from front to back to get it all fitted for the last time before it goes to the body shop.
I will take some pictures this weekend and post them monday.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2008 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a call back from BonSpeed last night on my wheels. they should have been here by now but they put them on hold for another week because of SEMA
they had to make 25 sets before they could get mine done now they will not ship for 2 weeks while they are at the show. oh well!
I am not in that big of a rush for them so I guess that it a good thing.
I will keep you all posted.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2008 08:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got a call back from BonSpeed last night on my wheels. they should have been here by now but they put them on hold for another week because of SEMA
they had to make 25 sets before they could get mine done now they will not ship for 2 weeks while they are at the show. oh well!
I am not in that big of a rush for them so I guess that it a good thing.
I will keep you all posted.

I guess I'll see BonSpeed and you're of style rims in NV. During my trip, I was looking forward in seeing your rims.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I guess I'll see BonSpeed and you're of style rims in NV. During my trip, I was looking forward in seeing your rims.

Me To!
I should have them soon. and I will let you know. I will post pictures with the measurements and weights.

I was able to work on the car this weekend. I am getting sick of bodywork. LOL!
every time I think I am done I find another part I need to tweek. I forgot my camera today so I will post pictures tomarow.
I worked on the rear quarters,pass. door,and the rockers. I tweeked the widebody rockers a little bit. I will post the pictures tomarow with more detail.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Here is a possable Tweek question for all of you out here in Fiero land.
you have all seen my progress on this thread and the farther I get in to it the more I change but as I have been working on the car and looking it over one thing keeps catching my eye that I don't like on the car. I think I want to widen the bottom of the front facia to bring it out more to cover the front of the wheels.
can someone do a photo chop so I can see what it will look like?
I will wait to do this till I get my new wheels so I don't have to do it twice if I decide to do it at all.
here are some pictures to work with. thanks for any help or coments you can provide.
D.

This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
This images is larger than 153600 bytes. Click to view.
I don't know if any of these pic's will work I will try to get more tonight.
the front facia curves under in front of the tire and shows more of the tire than I would like.
I want to widen the bottom sides only to cover the tire better.
post pic's or any comments you have. thanks, D.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2008 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here is a possable Tweek question for all of you out here in Fiero land. I have been working on the car and looking it over one thing keeps catching my eye that I don't like on the car. I think I want to widen the bottom of the front facia to bring it out more to cover the front of the wheels.
D.

IMHO, I'd wait until your rims arrive. As a rule (my own rule) fitting the body around the desired rim/tires comes first. If I may add, it no doubt will look good.
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2008 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

IMHO, I'd wait until your rims arrive. As a rule (my own rule) fitting the body around the desired rim/tires comes first. If I may add, it no doubt will look good.

I second that !
DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2008 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any Updates??
exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2008 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DeLorean00:

Any Updates??

What he said.
85duke

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-01-2008 02:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 85dukeSend a Private Message to 85dukeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Delorean good talkin to you. lookin forward to seeing your car.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have been working on the car this week but for some reason I was not able to pull up this site I don't know what happened if it was my computer or the site but it is back now.
I worked on a lot of different things on the car the rear fascia, rockers, doors, and the inside of the rear quarters.
on the rear quarters I cut them down and re fitted them to the chop and started glassing them back together.
I tweaked the rockers a bit I first started on the vent screens then I cut the front apart and widened them to take up the whole bottom of the front fender also I reworked the rear molding line to match the 355 lines better I will also do the front to match so it will be the same from front to back.
I was able to get the pass. door skin mounted and the wide body section glassed on.
yesterday I worked on the rear deck lid with the spoiler glassing it on. I have a lot more to do to the car.
I hope to start doing the fitting of all the parts soon but I think there will be a few more tweaks before I can do that.
I am waiting for my wheels so I can get them on and fit the wheel wells to them as well as widen the bottom of the front fascia to cover the front wheels better.
here are some pictures of what I have been doing.
I will keep you all posted. but the car still has a long way to go.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2008 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Here are a few pictures of my friends car from the other night.
he just got it back from the shop and we put the deck lid back on it.

this is a picture of the front of my car where I am thinking about widening the bottom of the front fascia.
what do you think about it ? and can anyone do a photo shop of it for me?

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 11-03-2008).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock