Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  whodeanie's 88 gt custom build (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
whodeanie's 88 gt custom build by whodeanie
Started on: 03-20-2008 12:26 PM
Replies: 788 (67220 views)
Last post by: CommanderKeen on 08-23-2013 07:59 PM
ClayTonto

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 01:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:

It was great to finally get to meet you as well Dean.

Wish I could have been there.
IP: Logged
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 08:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I already want to go back to Daytona.
we were going to stay till monday but we decided to come back sunday.
that was ok because it gave me monday to play with my car a little.
I did a bit more body work to the right side of the car. I want to get that side done then I will turn the car around so I can work on the other side.
here are some pic's from yesterday. body work and my new seats and head liner.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

Wish I could have been there.

next year we will all have to get together and have fun.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A great improvement over the stock Fiero seats. Any clearance issues using these seats in a choptop (near the roof line?) I know with my Corvette seats, I can't fold the seat due to interference.

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 03-31-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:

A great improvement over the stock Fiero seats. Any clearance issues using these seats in a choptop (near the roof line?) I know with my Corvette seats, I can't fold the seat due to interference.

No, I test fit the passanger side and it clears just fine it is the same size as the stock Fiero seats but it sits a little lower
in the car. I will have to make custom mounts for them because if I use the stock Fiero slides I would have to shim the seat up
to make the slides work. I am going to get a set of slides from Summit and tweak them to fit so I can keep the seat as low as I can.
GODFATHER

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 04:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Someone been busy.
Black Pegasus

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi everyone!

Is it possible to have a picture of this front bumper? It seams purelly awsome! :O

By the way, continue your great work!

Fred
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post03-31-2009 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Dean the chin spoiler came out really well.

Good job.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
Dean the chin spoiler came out really well.

Good job.

thanks, but you are only seeing one side, it still has a long way to go but it will get there.
at this moment I am just trying to get the right side done so I can turn the car around to get to the drivers side better.
I got the back glass back from temper and I am going to install it this weekend. when I do I will pull off the top of the car and paint the chassis
as well as finish the underside of the body so that when it all goes back together it will be for the last time.
my plan is to jamb out the car and paint the under side of the body so I can do the outside of the car without taking it appart again.
GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-01-2009 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I just noticed in this pic. Are you modifing the rocker panel frt part of the rear section. Looks like fresh fiberglass work. The chin spoiler you made looks awesome.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

I just noticed in this pic. Are you modifing the rocker panel frt part of the rear section. Looks like fresh fiberglass work. The chin spoiler you made looks awesome.

yea I reworked it and the sill a little to get it to fit a little tighter.
last night I worked on the car for a while. I took the body off so I could install the back glass and while I have it off I also did some sound dead paint on the outside chassis
as well as the wheel wells to cut down road noise.
since the body is off I am going to finish the underside of each part before I put them back on the car.
yesterday the painter gave me a sample of the lambo paint I am using for the car and I tried to get a pic of it but it is a little hard to do on a paint stick.

one steep back to take 3 forward? I hope!

PFF
System Bot
InTheLead

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 12:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for InTheLeadSend a Private Message to InTheLeadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wtf! you killed slimer!

murderer.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by InTheLead:

wtf! you killed slimer!

murderer.

LOL! no I did not kill her the body was just bolted on with a few bolts so it would be easy to tweak things.
I will have it back together before you know it.

we car rebuild her... stronger, better, faster!

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 06:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think that color is going to be amazing on your car.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yesterday the painter gave me a sample of the lambo paint. I am using for the car and I tried to get a pic of it but it is a little hard to do on a paint stick.
one steep back to take 3 forward? I hope!

Hmm.. does it look like this, hehe.

Last night I worked on the car for a while. I took the body off so I could install the back glass and while I have it off I also did some sound dead paint on the outside chassis

Question; how did you remove the rear clip? Did you remove the rear clip by yourself or did you have help/hoist device? I need to remove #015 rear clip and I'd like to do my work w/o aid for the neighbors (too noisy).
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 08:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly, the back is a little awkward by myself but not heavy at all.
I have never had any help with my car yet.
it is more of a balance from one side to get it tilted back to where you can grab it from the back.

YOU CAN DOOO IT!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Tonight I worked on the car for a little while I was able to get the fastback section finished and painted on the underside.
I just did it in black to seal it.
I also worked on my new fiberglass headliner because of the choptop I had to section a little out of it and glass it back together. I know I can't leave anything
stock
I also worked on the underside of the hood to start soothing it out.
nothing exciting tonight just bodywork so no pic's yet.

PS. Clay it was nice to meet you and your fam. today for lunch.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008

wtf! you killed slimer!

murderer.

Ok I must have been a little slow today, I did not catch that one. LOL!
killed Slimer with a paint stick!

GODFATHER

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-02-2009 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GODFATHERSend a Private Message to GODFATHEREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly, the back is a little awkward by myself but not heavy at all.
I have never had any help with my car yet.
it is more of a balance from one side to get it tilted back to where you can grab it from the back.

YOU CAN DOOO IT!

What he said. I had my wife help me once. I didn't feel like throwing my back out. But most of the time I lift it off myself.
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GODFATHER:

What he said. I had my wife help me once. I didn't feel like throwing my back out. But most of the time I lift it off myself.

Now that's a Kodak moment. Next time get your wife to take a picture (if you happen to remove the rear clip again).
ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 03:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

wtf! you killed slimer!
murderer.

Who ya gonna call?...WHODEANIE!!!
I ain't afraid of no ghost!!! LOL

PS. Clay it was nice to meet you and your fam. today for lunch.

Likewise, We enjoyed it.
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-03-2009 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Slimer on a stick

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 04-03-2009).]

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-04-2009 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now you can call it "sLIMEr green"
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2009 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had to work saturday so sunday after I finished some yard work I was able to get back to work on the car.
I am trying to not get burned out on body work so I do a little of that and I spent most of the time yesterday working on fitting the interior
panels making brackets for the dash and fitting the headliner. because of the chop top I have to modify the trim and it is a lot of work just to do that.
I have to finish the B piller piece for the drivers side as well as fit the door panel. with that I will still have a few things to do inside but it is going well
for now. no pic's today nothing of much interest.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Black Pegasus:

Hi everyone!

Is it possible to have a picture of this front bumper? It seams purelly awsome! :O

By the way, continue your great work!

Fred

I must have missed this post, I will get a new pic of the front this weekend when I pull the car out to clean up my garage.

last night I worked on more bodywork. nothing more to report yet.

AkursedX

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AkursedXSend a Private Message to AkursedXEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't pop into these long build threads all too often, but I noticed that you are using some Recaro seats. I just wanted to show you the mounting solution I used on my Recaro's and adapting the stock sliders to them. I found this to be the lowest setup that I could come up with.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070693.html

Good choice on the seats. They are quite similar to mine.

------------------
'88 GT- 3800 Turbo
gmtuners.com

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2009 02:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AkursedX:

I don't pop into these long build threads all too often, but I noticed that you are using some Recaro seats. I just wanted to show you the mounting solution I used on my Recaro's and adapting the stock sliders to them. I found this to be the lowest setup that I could come up with.

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/070693.html

Good choice on the seats. They are quite similar to mine.

Thanks for the info. I have looked at using the Fiero sliders for mine as well but the problem with mine is the chop top
when I test fit the seats with the Fiero sliders I hit my head on the roof so I am not sure how I can mount them lower yet.
I have looked at redoing the sliders to get them as low as I can. if I cant get them low enough I may just solid mount them where I want them.
but I would prefer to have them move.
thanks again for the help.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last night I cleaned up the garage, it was getting bad I could not find anything and just walking threw it was an adventure.
I found all my tools and moved the car to the other side so I could work on the drivers side of the car now.
here are some pic's of the car outside

the seats are just sitting in the car so I could move it

someone wanted pics of the front of the car so here you go.
it still has a long way to go yet.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 04-09-2009).]

War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 04:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kind of reminds me of a DeLorean meets Lotus Esprit from the side.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

exoticse

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 04:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good !

Can't wait to see it all together again.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 04-09-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by War Hammer:

Kind of reminds me of a DeLorean meets Lotus Esprit from the side.

Paul

I agree a little more Lotus than DeLorean only because if it was a DeLorean I would not have hade to clean up all the white powder on my floor yesterday
it would have done it for me
PFF
System Bot
Daredevil05

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 08:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What kind of car and year did those Recaro seats come out from because they are sweet?

Dave
Black Pegasus

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-09-2009 11:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Black PegasusSend a Private Message to Black PegasusEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks whodeanie for the pictures! Your front bumper looks awsome! It certainly gives me some ideas for my front bumper! :P

Keep on the great work!
Fred
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 01:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah but the car could pay for itself

I agree a little more Lotus than DeLorean only because if it was a DeLorean I would not have hade to clean up all the white powder on my floor yesterday
it would have done it for me

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2009 03:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

someone wanted pics of the front of the car so here you go.
it still has a long way to go yet.
D.

If I may speak from a "critique" point of view; IMHO I think the original bulging lower body line (the line right below the fog lamps going east to west) needs to be removed. IMO it's competing with the newer body line (in other words you now have two chins). The bulging bump was intended to highlight and a point to where the F355 nose ended (granted I could be wrong and you might want to review a few pics of a Ferarri race car using some type of add-on to the fascia).

Either way, if you cut and remove the lower add-on spoiler and move the part upward and closer to the bulging line it might blend-in better and thus allowing for a continued flow to the side rocker and rear bumper. Thus by doing this, the extra (centered) lower vent opening in voided, but you could add the intended curve in this area (similar to Car-Lo's).

That said, what the heck I know. It's freaking 3am!

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 04-10-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Curly, I know what you are talking about on the front but I am not done yet. I want to keep the spoiler where it is but with a few more tweaks.
the spoiler is going to be a bolt on part not part of the nose it just looks like it is at this point because I needed to get the shaping done before I can take it off and finish it. also I am going to paint it Black instead of green for 2 reasons one to breakup the front bulk and for the other it sits low enough that I know it will get chips and things so I want to be able to repair it without having to match the green everytime. with the contrast I think it will look fine and not look like 2 chins.
it still is a work in progress and you never know I might change my mind later but for now that is the plan. thanks for the feedback as always

I am going to work on the car this weekend so I will post some new pic's monday of what I did to it.

Daredevil, I bought the seats in Daytona at the swapmeet so I am not sure what car they came out of but if I had to guess I would say a Mustang by the other parts he was selling.
all Ford Mustang parts from the late 80's
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 04-11-2009).]

Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2009 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Curly, I know what you are talking about on the front but I am not done yet. I want to keep the spoiler where it is but with a few more tweaks.
the spoiler is going to be a bolt on part not part of the nose it just looks like it is at this point because I needed to get the shaping done before I can take it off and finish it. also I am going to paint it Black instead of green for 2 reasons one to breakup the front bulk and for the other it sits low enough that I know it will get chips and things so I want to be able to repair it without having to match the green everytime. with the contrast I think it will look fine and not look like 2 chins.
it still is a work in progress and you never know I might change my mind later but for now that is the plan. thanks for the feedback as always

I am going to work on the car this weekend so I will post some new pic's monday of what I did to it.

Daredevil, I bought the seats in Daytona at the swapmeet so I am not sure what car they came out of but if I had to guess I would say a Mustang by the other parts he was selling.
all Ford Mustang parts from the late 80's
D.

Thanks for the infor.

Dave & Barb
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This weekend I worked on the car all weekend and feal like I got nothing done.
I finished all the interior pieces and went to work on the rear bumper and spent 2 days on it and it still has a long way to go.
first I fitted the tail lights to the openings to get them exact then I worked on the center vent trying to get the shape I want.
then I reinstalled it on the car because I needed to re do the corners to fit them to the wheels better I made them too wide the first time
so I had to cut them appart move them it and re glass them. now it is a lot of grinding and shaping to get it close enough to use bondo for the finish.
my whole garage was full of dust by the time I was done sunday night and it looked like nothing got done.
but sometimes it goes that way. no pic's because nothing interesting to see when you are doing nothing but grinding.
it will look great once it is done and I will post pic's then.
I hate body work
Daredevil05

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-13-2009 12:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Daredevil05Send a Private Message to Daredevil05Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's why they call it bodywork instead of bodyfun.

[This message has been edited by Daredevil05 (edited 04-13-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2009 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Today I sopke to the new owner of HT motorsports he has just taken over the shop in the last 6 months.
he is working on making his products better and he is doing it full time not part time like the last owner.
and the best news he bought a Fiero of his own to test and improve all of his products.
I just ordered a set of coilovers for my car so I can adjust the ride hight and I will be getting other things from him in the near future
as money permits.

I also talked to a friend that has a body shop about finishing some of the parts for primer to help get me rolling sooner.

nothing else to report as of yet, but I am still moving forward
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock