Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  whodeanie's 88 gt custom build (Page 16)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
whodeanie's 88 gt custom build by whodeanie
Started on: 03-20-2008 12:26 PM
Replies: 788 (67262 views)
Last post by: CommanderKeen on 08-23-2013 07:59 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by exoticse:
So how did the 3 days of fun go ??

It did not work out like I wanted it to. I hurt my back early in the week so it was bugging me friday then I spent the rest of the weekend sick.
not a good time.
but as I said I was able to do a little I got the car all back in primer but that was about all.
here are some pic's

IP: Logged
exoticse

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 09:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car looks amazing !

Putting it in full primer really gives us a better chance to see what the final product will look like, and it really is amazing !

Wow.
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 10:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean,

Since your back was hurtin' a little we decided to have your car painted for you.....

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by infinitewill:

Dean,

Since your back was hurtin' a little we decided to have your car painted for you.....

it looks better in green than grey I hate grey primer but it was what I had LOL!
thanks Will now if it were that easy to paint it. I am sick of body work!
right now I am just trying to hit the big spots and do the fitting and glass work then save some money and off to the bodyshop to be their problem.
D.

KEV

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KEVSend a Private Message to KEVEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car is looking great! I hope you bring it to the Dell's next year!

------------------

1999 GMC Jimmy 2dr 4x4
1987 Fiero Coupe
1986 Fiero Base Coupe..Steel Wheels Baby!
1985 Fiero GT 3800 N/A (3800 S/C sitting on stand)
1984 Fiero Indy #1098 w/ centerline "Q" Wheels

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-29-2009 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KEV:

The car is looking great! I hope you bring it to the Dell's next year!

Hi, Kev
yes that is my goal
I would like to have it done by then but I would he happy with under construction and running. LOL
eather way I and the car will be there next year with some more friends as well from Ga.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2009 02:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just posted in my other thread that i think I am going to move all my car stuff to the back of my glass shop. I have 3000 sq ft. that I am not using.
I am going to open up a custom shop in the back. if anyone wants something done let me know. I would prefer to work on Fiero's but I will even work on rice
D.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2009 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How's the back Jack?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2009 06:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How's the back Jack?

Way better now
I need to stick to working on cars every time I work in the yard I over do it.
one of my good friends does massage so I went to see her and all is well again.
thanks for asking Will.
I have decided to open the back of my shop to work on custom cars so I will need to have you make some things for me like we talked about
I will let you know when I get farther along.
D.
infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2009 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool man, I need to make some $$$ so that I can pay to replace the windshield I managed to crack yesterday

I should have your prototype nose badge this week as well. I am cutting on in soft brass as well to do some Dremel work on and chrome plate.

W
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post06-30-2009 07:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cool man, I need to make some $$$ so that I can pay to replace the windshield I managed to crack yesterday

I should have your prototype nose badge this week as well. I am cutting on in soft brass as well to do some Dremel work on and chrome plate.

W

Nice! Will .... Thanks
I responded to the windshield on your thread.
I was able to get my rear links done today. I will post some pic's tomarow.
they look great!
D.

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 08:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I said before last night I worked on the link bars for the rear of the car.
here are the details I used the same 1-1/8" alu. hex bar that I made the trailing arm from.
I have talked to Erik from HT several times and the heim joints he got for me are twice as strong as the ones that Lee was using on their kits.
these joints will most likely be the norm for HT's kit for now on.
my link bars are a bit overkill but I wanted them strong.

here are some pic's from last night
D.

this last pic I just set them in place with the cradle I just did the V8 mounts on. just for show

Galliero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 10:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GallieroSend a Private Message to GallieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean, I got some work for you. (lol) but your not going to like it becuase its all laying fiber glass and you said you were tired of doing body work.

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I just posted in my other thread that i think I am going to move all my car stuff to the back of my glass shop. I have 3000 sq ft. that I am not using.
I am going to open up a custom shop in the back. if anyone wants something done let me know. I would prefer to work on Fiero's but I will even work on rice
D.

Galliero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-01-2009 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GallieroSend a Private Message to GallieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Galliero

83 posts
Member since Jan 2009
What kind of customs you plan on doing?

Way better now
I need to stick to working on cars every time I work in the yard I over do it.
one of my good friends does massage so I went to see her and all is well again.
thanks for asking Will.
I have decided to open the back of my shop to work on custom cars so I will need to have you make some things for me like we talked about
I will let you know when I get farther along.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 08:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Galliero:

Dean, I got some work for you. (lol) but your not going to like it becuase its all laying fiber glass and you said you were tired of doing body work.

that's fine. I like doing fiberglass but I hate doing finish body work.
I will be starting on Clay's Lambo soon that is a lot of glass work

as far as what kind of work I will be doing. I will do just about any custom work to any car.
the only thing I will not be doing will be open to the public auto repair.
but if something needs to be fixed while I am working on a custom part it will get fixed.
I will do body parts, body kits, any mechanic work, welding etc. I also have access to a paint and body shop as well as a complete fab shop with CNC as well as water jet.
after all the looking for one I found one down the street that builds race cars.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 07-02-2009).]

jsaviour

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jsaviourClick Here to visit jsaviour's HomePageSend a Private Message to jsaviourEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
very nice

------------------

*Custom body kit made by me (Urethane front bumper and FRP sides)
*C-wings carbons fiber gt wing
*C-wings carbon fiber canards
*Aeromotive fuel regulator
*HKS air cleaner
*Brake boosters from a small plane
*16inch RS-Wantanabe wheels wraped in Yokohama Avs sport tires
*Brembo crossed drilled & slotted rotors (only back),
*KFG copper head gasket (for turbo conversion)
*Exedy clutch
*Momo GT comp steering wheel
*Pyrotect 4-point racing harness
*MSD blaster ignition coil pack
*MSD Rev limiter (not connected)
*Upgraded Tomco injectors
*Custom Koni suspension (2" 3/4 drop)
*House of Color 3 stage candy apple red paint job
*Sleepy eyes setting
*Fierostore short throw shifter

[This message has been edited by jsaviour (edited 07-02-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!

it looks like you have a nice car as well
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
Thanks, Todd aka the Fiero Farm
I just got the knuckles you sent me I will take them next door and soda blast them and remove the old seals.
so I can have them powder coated with the cradle.
D.

ps. what is with the pepsi balls? LOL.
a T shirt would have been fine
Joke.
D.
carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-02-2009 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dean,

Will you be operating the water jet or somebody else? Would it be able to jet a bumper, or does it only work on flat sheet metal?
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 03:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i can't wait to see this car painted this is awsome.
ps i sent you a pm...
quick question.
thanks
al
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PM sent back

Carnut.... the water jet only does flat and it belongs to another race fab shop I found to work with.
D.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean are those rear links made for a wider track width?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-03-2009 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Dean are those rear links made for a wider track width?

No, I built them the stock width because I am using the wide wheels so I had no need to move them out farther.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post07-05-2009 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maaaaan!
I need to pay attention!

Nice work. That looks great!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a new toy today from Bob AKA RiceBurner
a new AC controller. this thing took a while to get but it was worth the wait.
Nice job Bob!
D.

I ordered the center console from Amida as well it should be done around the end of August.
still a long way to go but one step closer

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 07-06-2009).]

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet!! Have you seen my video of this unit working?

[This message has been edited by DeLorean00 (edited 07-11-2009).]

infinitewill

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I got a new toy today from Bob AKA RiceBurner
a new AC controller. this thing took a while to get but it was worth the wait.
Nice job Bob!
D.

I ordered the center console from Ameda as well it should be done around the end of August.

Dean, (if that is your REAL name)

There seems to be some sort of mix up. Somehow MY AC controller was delivered to you by mistake. I have the cheap Walmart 12V electric, clip on, visor fan you ordered and will gladly forward it on to you once you have rerouted the misdirected parcel you received. (starting holes through you with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns) hehehe.... sweeeeeet.

Respectfully,

Will

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 09:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I ordered the center console from Ameda as well it should be done around the end of August.

Amida

[This message has been edited by ferrobi (edited 07-06-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 11:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

Amida

Fixed the typeO LOL!

Will if it was sent to me by mistake I am still keeping it
just wait I have something on order that you will realy want
D.

ClayTonto

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-06-2009 11:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ClayTontoSend a Private Message to ClayTontoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SNIP:
that's fine. I like doing fiberglass but I hate doing finish body work.
I will be starting on Clay's Lambo soon...

Maybe you can build my wife one... or two?

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-07-2009 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ClayTonto:

Maybe you can build my wife one... or two?

that's funny
I will leave it at that

PFF
System Bot
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great...a hot & steamy shoe.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-10-2009 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Great...a hot & steamy shoe.

LOL! Clayton being joker again
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2009 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was not feeling well this weekend but I did manage to work on the car friday night. I pulled of the stock rear arms and got the new ones installed.

Tha Driver

Feedback score:    (46)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 204
Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2009 12:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tha DriverClick Here to visit Tha Driver's HomePageSend a Private Message to Tha DriverEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Dean: Whycome you didn't use heims on the forward link?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Easy on the Giggle Cream!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2009 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Tha Driver:

Hey Dean: Whycome you didn't use heims on the forward link?
~ Paul
aka "Tha Driver"

Easy on the Giggle Cream!

I did not use the Heim joints on the trailing arms because they have been known to fail under load with the old Heim joints Held was using.
and with me using an LS I wanted to make sure I would not have a problem.
I went a bit over kill on the links, a friend of mine that builds race cars only uses 7/8 bar for those cars and I went with 1-1/8 bar.
also with dealing with Erik at HT we came up with a new Heim to use that is 2x stronger than the old ones for the bottom links.
but I had already built the trailing arms. I think the new joints would hold up just fine though.
Erik at HT is also sending me a front coilover setup for the car with upper and lower arms and QA1 shocks.
D.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2009 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trailing arms et al all look good. Glad you were feeling better by Monday(come to think of it, you had plenty of energy on that hammer; the fish were quite scared ). I finished up the siding today and only have to finish the inside trim.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

Trailing arms et al all look good. Glad you were feeling better by Monday(come to think of it, you had plenty of energy on that hammer; the fish were quite scared ). I finished up the siding today and only have to finish the inside trim.

they should still be scared, I have to come back
D.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-16-2009 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Shhhh! I'm trying to keep it a secret!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2009 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Erik at HT sent me some pic's of part of my new front suspension so I could

my new QA1 shocks to go with the new tube A-arms and coilovers.
D.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock