Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  whodeanie's 88 gt custom build (Page 17)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
whodeanie's 88 gt custom build by whodeanie
Started on: 03-20-2008 12:26 PM
Replies: 788 (67251 views)
Last post by: CommanderKeen on 08-23-2013 07:59 PM
whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2009 08:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Been a bit bussy with other projects as of late but last night I did get one thing done.
my friend Ben with the 355 got me some F****** door lights that I installed on my car now when the door is open a red light will be lit so no one will run into the door.
and Erik from HT shipped out my new front end.

IP: Logged
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 03:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About time for a little bump
I got my new front suspension from HT today. I will get some pic's of it tonight.
what Erik sent me was the coilover setup with the QA1's and the top A arms as well.
now I need to save up some more money so I can get the brakes and ball joints so I can get it installed.
once I get Clay's car done I will get back to mine
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

whodeanie

3819 posts
Member since Jan 2008
HA HA! hey look at this a friend sent this to me, I think I might have set a trend
for sale on ebay???????????

LOL!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...trksid=p4506.c0.m245

does not look like a bad start. If the person that built that car reads this, Keep the car and finish it, don't give up!
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 07-29-2009).]

carnut122

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 07:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man,$120 for a supercharged Fiero??? Somebody needs to jump on this! The seats are worth more than that! I'm going to post this in the Mall.

[This message has been edited by carnut122 (edited 07-29-2009).]

ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2009 10:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by whodeanie:

I got my new front suspension from HT today. I will get some pic's of it tonight.
what Erik sent me was the coilover setup with the QA1's and the top A arms as well.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2009 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to get the box opened last night and unpack everything to look it over. I will not be able to install it till I get more parts for it but I can't wait it looks great.
here is a pic of the parts.
D.

also on another note Rob sent me a pic of the parts he just made for the 2 console's I have ordered from him.
one is mine the other is for the 355.
great job Rob. I cant wait to get them.

Ratfink

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 09:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RatfinkSend a Private Message to RatfinkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dean ,,We're all waiting for updates!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not much to report on mine as of late I have been working on Clays car but I will be back at it soon.
D.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-03-2009 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You keep giving me inspiration!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-04-2009 09:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks!
I will keep working on it.

once I get Clays car done i will get back on mine for a while. I do have parts on order for it at the moment.
Rob is making me a 355 center consol for it at the moment with a twist teaser
I have been short on funds at the moment so it has slowed progress a little.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 08-06-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-09-2009 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob, just sent me some pic's of the 355 and my console's that he is making for me they should be done in a week or so
D.

PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-15-2009 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rob just emailed me the pic's of the 2 consoles he is making for me.
I had him build mine using carbon fiber so I could just finish it and clear coat it for my car. I wanted something a little diferant.
it will give it a little Lambo flair to the inside of my car.
D.

Thanks, Rob! they look great

I was able to get Clays car finished yesterday so I will be getting back to my car this week. I will keep you all posted.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 08-15-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have decided to try to get the suspenion, brakes, body, paint done so I can drive the car with the 6 for now and work on the motor on the other cradle till I have it ready to do the swap all in one shot. I will be doing a lot to the motor before it goes in the car. it will be a one of a kind LS in a Fiero with lots of one off custom parts I will be building for it. I will post them here once I get to that point.
lots more to come
D.
ferrobi

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ferrobiSend a Private Message to ferrobiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Rob just emailed me the pic's of the 2 consoles he is making for me.
I had him build mine using carbon fiber so I could just finish it and clear coat it for my car. I wanted something a little different.
it will give it a little Lambo flair to the inside of my car.
D.

I'm jealous (very)

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-17-2009 10:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ferrobi:

it was a last minute thought and I am glad I had Rob do it. one of those things that will make the car look that much better
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got the console's from Rob and I must say they look great
I will have to trim them both and have mine clear coated.
as far as other updates Erik at HT is working on new hubs for my car so I can get the front back on the ground and get back to work on it.
I have just been collecting parts for the car for a while now.
D.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-25-2009 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So..............................................................................were you out terrorizing Tennessee and the Carolinas instead of working? Inquiring minds want to know!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

So..............................................................................were you out terrorizing Tennessee and the Carolinas instead of working? Inquiring minds want to know!

YES I WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and what a blast it was
D.
carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-26-2009 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You better get that car finished up in the next three weeks! How did the laughing gas work out?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-31-2009 09:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was only able to work on my console for about 20 min. this weekend so I started triming and fitting. I still have a long way to go to get it the way I want it but it will get there. once I get other projects done.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-05-2009 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will be back on the car soon. I had to order a lot of new parts from Rodney for the front end rebuild and Erik at HT is almost done with the hubs.
once I get all the parts in I will be able to get the car back on the wheels. once I can move it again I will get back to work on it.
I will keep you all posted.
D.
PFF
System Bot
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are these widetrack components?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-06-2009 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Are these widetrack components?

No, they are the standard track for my 88 the front hubs Erik is making for me are a 1" drop other than that it is all stock width set up.
once I get the hubs and the parts from Rodney I will be pulling the front cradle to rebuild the whole thing.
D.

mikejhjr

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-07-2009 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see how that interior is going to turn out. It's looking good! I'm curious about the hubs too. I'm about to go through my suspension as well, and I'm not crazy about the stock spindle and hub, especially behind bigger brakes. What does the HT setup use for a bearing?
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-08-2009 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mikejhjr:

I can't wait to see how that interior is going to turn out. It's looking good! I'm curious about the hubs too. I'm about to go through my suspension as well, and I'm not crazy about the stock spindle and hub, especially behind bigger brakes. What does the HT setup use for a bearing?

they build a custom hub that uses the more common rear bearings in the front.

once I get my front end back on the ground I will get back to work on the rest of the car but I can't do much with it where it is at the monent.
the bigest thing slowing me down on the car is money. I have to get the parts as I can little by little.
I wish things would pick back up at work so I could finish my car.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 02:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got a box of parts from Rodney today for the front end. I now have almost all the parts to finish it so I will be pulling the front cradle out so I can re do the steering and suspension.
once that is done I can get the car back on it's wheels so I can get back to the body work.
I should have some new pic's soon.
D.
ace5514

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2009 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ace5514Send a Private Message to ace5514Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
hey dean,
how about a couple pics of the car? i would really like to see that rear spoiler you made (not that i want to copy it or anything....lol)
i know you probably haven't done alot to it but it inspires me!
thanks
al
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-11-2009 08:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ace5514:

hey dean,
how about a couple pics of the car? i would really like to see that rear spoiler you made (not that i want to copy it or anything....lol)
i know you probably haven't done alot to it but it inspires me!
thanks
al

I dont have the rear decklid on the car at this time but I will see if I can get some pic's this weekend.
D.

I also got the upper control arm pivot shafts from the Fiero store today for the car. I will be working on the car this weekend.
D.

[This message has been edited by whodeanie (edited 09-11-2009).]

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-13-2009 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was able to get the front suspsnsion installed this weekend but I will not have the hubs till later this week. once I get them I will be able to get the car back down on the wheels. then I will start back on the body and try to finish it up for paint as well as work on the dash and the inside of the car with final tweaks.
I still have a long way to go but the goal is to get it painted and the inside done so I can drive it with the V6 for now while I work on the LS motor.
With any luck it will be ready for the Dells next year.
I will post pic's once I get the hubs installed.
D.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 08:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
here are the pics of the front suspension in progress just waiting on the hubs to finish but they are on the way.
D.

Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice. Are you using the stock 88 spindles?
PFF
System Bot
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-15-2009 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

Very nice. Are you using the stock 88 spindles?

No
Erik at HT made me new ones with a 1" drop built in ans set up for 13" brakes.
they should be here this week.
D.

whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got my new hubs from Erik today as well as new bearings for the front and rear and the brake brackets for the new 13" Wilwoods that I will be getting soon.
now I will be able to get the car back on the ground so I can move it around and work on it again
I will get some pic's later tonight.
D.
Galliero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-16-2009 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GallieroSend a Private Message to GallieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This project is really going to be awesome can't wait to see the suspension all done and the car rolling again. Keep up the good work.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2009 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Galliero:

This project is really going to be awesome can't wait to see the suspension all done and the car rolling again. Keep up the good work.

Thanks
I am going on the run for the hills this weekend so I will not have much time to work on it but I am going to try to work on it today for a while.
once I get it back together I will get some more pics. it will be great to have it back on the wheels so I can move it around to work on it again. the only bad part is that it is back to body work
D.
Bridgetown

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2009 10:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BridgetownSend a Private Message to BridgetownEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any idea how much weight you dropped off the front over the old steel stuff? I am thinking of going tubular or possibly with the slalom kit to save some more weight and add the ability to corner jack the car.
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2009 10:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Bridgetown:

Any idea how much weight you dropped off the front over the old steel stuff? I am thinking of going tubular or possibly with the slalom kit to save some more weight and add the ability to corner jack the car.

I am not sure how much lighter this set up is over stock I would have to say I may have shaved 5 - 7 pounds on each side.
but the 88 is a differant setup than all other years. Clayton has the slalom front on his car and it is way differant than mine.
the best thing to do would be to call Erik at HT.
D.

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-17-2009 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks
I am going on the run for the hills this weekend so I will not have much time to work on it but I am going to try to work on it today for a while.
once I get it back together I will get some more pics. it will be great to have it back on the wheels so I can move it around to work on it again. the only bad part is that it is back to body work
D.

No work this week-end! See you at RFTH!
whodeanie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2009 08:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carnut122:

No work this week-end! See you at RFTH!

Yep! I will be there

I was able to get one side done last night. got it all bolted in so I could get the wheel back on the car. I still do not have the brakes yet those will take some time for me to
get the funds together. but for now I will be able to roll it around to work on it.
here are a few pic's
D.

carnut122

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2009 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carnut122Send a Private Message to carnut122Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looking good! Did you make it home OK? I kept looking for you two on the side of the road on the way home!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 20 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock