Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Miura project begins (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Miura project begins by Archie
Started on: 12-08-2007 07:13 AM
Replies: 834 (215024 views)
Last post by: Archie on 02-03-2023 02:01 PM
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2008 07:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes it's the original windshield, it came from Houston.

Archie

Originally posted by SAFASTRO:

Hey Archie....sorry if I missed this being posted earlier, but is that an original windshield? Or what does it come from?
Thanks.

IP: Logged
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2008 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fitting the windshield today.

It was pretty close but didn't fit the opening in the fiberglass perfectly so we had to modify the opening a bit.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-31-2008).]

War Hammer

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2008 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Archie,

I love it so far maybe this will be my '09-'10 project. Please keep it going.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Coilovers
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

Fieroseverywhere

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 89
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2008 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroseverywhereSend a Private Message to FieroseverywhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those last pics aren't working for me. Anyone else having a problem?

EDIT: As soon as I posted this they started working. Sorry. Very nice.

[This message has been edited by Fieroseverywhere (edited 02-05-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little late on this report. The week before last we finished much of the steel work under the nose. We also hinged the front clip & built the radiator mounting.

If you look back at some of the early body pictures, you'll see that the grill opening in the nose was out of shape. Because we were needing to mount some steel in the nose to mount the hinges to, we also had to reshape the grill opening to the proper shape.

Here's some pics.......

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Archie

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

Zeb

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 54
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2008 09:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ZebSend a Private Message to ZebEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And you guys do work like this with two left hands! Want to hire a guy with ten thumbs?
The new sig is nice!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 06:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little update.....

We put the lowering spindles on the front end to bring it down to about where it will be when we're done.

The rear will come down about 1.5 to 2" when we put the complete driveline in.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-06-2008 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
We're trying to get all the steel work done so we can send the chassis out to be powdercoated.

Hinging the rear clip......

We're working on the door hinges now.

Archie
Madscanner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 05:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MadscannerSend a Private Message to MadscannerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Excellent work - great thread.

------------------
The Madscanner
'85 SE 2M6 Auto

88White3.4GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88White3.4GTSend a Private Message to 88White3.4GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
bump
PFF
System Bot
slinger

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
i love that car!

(quick question is map quest right when it says 1houre 38mins from chicago to your place?)
mapquest never seems to work well for me.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It looks happy
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2008 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slinger:

i love that car!

(quick question is map quest right when it says 1houre 38mins from chicago to your place?)
mapquest never seems to work well for me.

That's about right.

Please note that Mapquest puts the "STAR" 3 blocks North of where we are actually located. So figure on going 3 blocks South of that star.

Archie
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 03:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by PaulJK (edited 03-12-2008).]

slinger

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for slingerSend a Private Message to slingerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

That's about right.

Please note that Mapquest puts the "STAR" 3 blocks North of where we are actually located. So figure on going 3 blocks South of that star.

Archie

thanks archie i will be in chicago the end of this month, and i might stop by and pick up some of your rockers.

[This message has been edited by slinger (edited 03-12-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 01:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by slinger:

thanks archie i will be in chicago the end of this month, and i might stop by and pick up some of your rockers.

Give me a call 2 days before you come & we'll get you hooked up.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 08:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Help us out guys.

We are gathering parts for the interior of this car & we're looking for some seats.

The real seats, even if you could find them, are very likely wayyyy too expensive.

I know a lot of you guys out there have of have had various sports cars.

We're looking for seats that look as close to the real thing as we can find.

Below are a few pics of Miura seats.

Does anyone know of seats from another car that look the same or similar?

Thanks

Archie

------------------

Sig by Custom2M4

FieroJimmy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 09:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroJimmySend a Private Message to FieroJimmyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I've never seen production seats like that, but it looks like a pretty basic seat. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to form up a seat pan and send it to wherever is doing the upholstery.

If I were doing it, (which I realize I'm not) I would probably form the seating shape with some sheetmetal, then weld reinforcing to the back side (as necessary, including some round tube/stock around the perimeter to keep the leather from ripping) and a frame to the bottom to connect it to whatever type of adjuster/riser you plan on using. The fact that it is a non-reclining seat would make it easier, so you don't have to track down similar recliners. Also by making it on site you would be sure the seat fits the "new" car while maintaining the look of the original.
jweisman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jweismanSend a Private Message to jweismanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
topher_time

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 64
Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for topher_timeSend a Private Message to topher_timeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Help us out guys.

We are gathering parts for the interior of this car & we're looking for some seats.

The real seats, even if you could find them, are very likely wayyyy too expensive.

Thanks

Archie

Early Lotus Esprit is the closest thing I can think of. Especially being that narrow. If I think of anything else...

PFF
System Bot
FieroWannaBe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2008 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroWannaBeSend a Private Message to FieroWannaBeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TRiAD

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2008 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seats from an Esprit S1 would be perfect.
Best pic I could find...

I'll hop on LEW and see if I can find some...

BTW, this is a f^&king AWESOME project, and if it weren't for the "lottery winner" windshield, I'd be commissioning one of my own - today!!

-edit-

Here are some Esprit V8 seats, slightly different style, and likely WAY too expensive...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...dZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

He also has Elan seats...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot...2QQitemZ220120306227

I also emailed him re: early Esprit seats...

------------------
~Michael

"Your mileage may vary."
'85 GT 4sp white - SOLD | | '85 2M6 Auto red - SOLD | | '84 2M4 bare chassis - SOLD
Crap, I'm out of Fieros! Time to buy another!!

[This message has been edited by TRiAD (edited 04-18-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-18-2008 10:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the nice comments.

A little update.

In an effort to get all the welding & fitting done before we send the chassis out for powdercoating, we got the new LS3 engine in this week.

We'll be fitting this engine into the car & finishing up the overall welding on the chassis. Then we'll blow it apart, store the engine until we need to reinstall it, & get the chassis out to the powdercoater.

Archie
Erik

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
430 hp pushrod 2v sbc street motor .. amazing
BazookaFiero

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 03:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BazookaFieroSend a Private Message to BazookaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fantastic project, will definitely keep checking back, can't wait to see it completed
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 09:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Help us out guys.

Thanks

Archie

the only seats that I now of that where close to these where the EMPI dune buggy seat fiberglass shells that you can upolster to match
30+mpg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 97
Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 30+mpgSend a Private Message to 30+mpgEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What I want to know is, when does the "begins" part end and the "continues" part begin?
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.cip1.ca/ProductD...ode=ACC%2DC10%2D2290

Archie here is the link to the seats I mentioned and they are still avalable

here is the pics and measurements

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 04-19-2008).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the info, We'll do some measuring Monday.

Archie

Originally posted by bubbajoexxx:

http://www.cip1.ca/ProductD...ode=ACC%2DC10%2D2290

Archie here is the link to the seats I mentioned and they are still avalable

here is the pics and measurements

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thanks for the info, We'll do some measuring Monday.

Archie

your very welcome
PFF
System Bot
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie he is a link you may want to see

http://www.lambomiura.com/lambomiura.htm

you may get some good info here

http://www.stanford.edu/~dtscott/log1.html

http://www.joesackey.com/Galleria/

[This message has been edited by bubbajoexxx (edited 04-22-2008).]

BillS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BillSSend a Private Message to BillSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The real icing on the cake would be original wheels. They were knock-off magnesium Campagnolos, but repro aluminum copies are now available in Britain. The spline drive is the standard size used on many British cars and adaptors are available to take them.

Here's a pic of the wheels on my old Lambo.

bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we need an update here please
mnstrfiero

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2008 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mnstrfieroSend a Private Message to mnstrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, get porsche 914 seats!!! they are nearly identical!
jbuell

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2008 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jbuellSend a Private Message to jbuellEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found a good link for type seat at Summit Racing
http://store.summitracing.c...05516+115+4294908349
PaulJK

Feedback score:    (25)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PaulJKSend a Private Message to PaulJKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mnstrfiero:

Archie, get porsche 914 seats!!! they are nearly identical!

Looks Good - 1970 porsche 914

DeLorean00

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 100
Rate this member

Report this Post05-02-2008 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DeLorean00Send a Private Message to DeLorean00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
But if you do get 914 seats you will need 2 driver seats. The passenger has a big center firewall pad attached to it.
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post05-03-2008 11:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What you are looking for, are Replica seats from a 1965 Shebly Cobra.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-09-2008 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Finally back on this project.

Working to get all the welding done before sending the chassis & other parts out for Powdercoating.

So we need to trial fit the engine so we can finalize the engine cradle & engine compartment.

We will be using a 6 speed transmission on the LS3 engine.

Fitting it to the cradle...

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock