Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Miura project begins (Page 21)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Miura project begins by Archie
Started on: 12-08-2007 07:13 AM
Replies: 834 (214989 views)
Last post by: Archie on 02-03-2023 02:01 PM
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully he got to enjoy his machine before he passed on. It's a nice one. RIP
IP: Logged
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 08:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
R.I.P. Jim
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Such a shame. My condolences to his friends and family.

Archie, didn't you mention in another thread somewhere that you were building him another car as well?
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post08-06-2013 11:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jim drove the Miura for a few years.

His 2nd. favorite car was the 246 Dino //www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/090962.html

Once again he was building a long time favorite car with his own special additions.

Thanks Everyone.

Archie
TRiAD

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 81
Rate this member

Report this Post08-07-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TRiADSend a Private Message to TRiADEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry for the loss of your friend.
My condolences to the family and all involved.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Condolences to his family and friends. Hope his transition was a peaceful one.

Archie, you can have great pride and satisfaction in knowing you helped make one of his lifetime dreams come true before he had to give it up. Great job.

What's the plan for the Dino gonna be now? I know you'll finish it, but what will be it's destiny when that's done?

HAGO!
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Jim!
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow this is very sad news, my prayers go out to him and his family.

At least he got to see his amazing project finished and enjoyed it for a short time.

Ironically i had just exchanged PMs with Jim a few months back asking him to come to Daytona next year with the Miura and he was pretty excited about the idea and was very interested.

[This message has been edited by exoticse (edited 08-08-2013).]

TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-08-2013 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RIP Jim.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 03:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The word from Jim's family is that the Miura is going to be coming up for sale.

Archie
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 04:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

The word from Jim's family is that the Miura is going to be coming up for sale.

Archie

What about the Dino?
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jefrysuko:

What about the Dino?

Yes, it too.
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a bummer he passed on. But at least he got to enjoy a very nice car on 3 1000mile trips. I hope to do that someday with a Replica Countach or Diablo.

Not many people will do that in their life time.
Kadath

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KadathSend a Private Message to KadathEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, I guess this build is old news now, but I just stumbled on it almost accidentally the other day and having now read through the entire thread, I registered here just to be able to post this reply. So first, let me say that the car is absolutely beautiful and I couldn't help but to be excited and inspired as I read through the previous 20 pages. I'm almost thankful that I found this years after it was completed because the suspense of waiting for updates throughout the process would have killed me Thanks go out to Archie for providing such a detailed account of this build for the community. Great stuff!

Now, having said all that, I can't help but to think that this all would have been so much easier if not for the poor quality of the kit right from the start. Somewhere along the way, I saw someone ask if this was the Prova Miura kit, but I don't think it was ever actually confirmed. Searching the web, it looks like Prova is no longer even doing business anymore and that Parallel Designs now sells a copy of their kit. I couldn't find any other versions for sale anywhere.

So, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this particular kit or a similar one in the years since this car was completed. As a relative amateur, I'm almost turned off to the idea of even attempting a project like this one because the quality of that kit and the extensive work required to get it into shape seem way out of line with the price it's being sold for. The fiberglass I've worked with in the past has needed work, but not that kind of work. Of course, maybe that's all just because this wasn't mounted to the chassis it was intended for.

So, if anyone can provide some insight into using this or a different Miura kit, I'd love to hear it. Also, Archie, I'm curious to know if you had to do it all over again if you would even bother with the kit that was used here, or if you would go looking for other options (if there even are other options anymore). Thanks, all!
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-06-2014 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bump to remember one of my favorite Archie builds of all time. Enjoy your retirement.

-Mitch
jwct7

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-12-2014 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jwct7Send a Private Message to jwct7Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know it's late but it is so sad to hear of Jim's passing. I actually met him for lunch once and brought my Finale along for the meet. We had some good conversation and took picks of the cars together. I must say it looked smaller than I thought, I fell in love with this car after seeing the movie "The Italian Job" with Michael Caine. Damn shame they blew it up in the opening scene.
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2015 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
...justt wondering what ever became of this car???

------------------

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2015 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

...justt wondering what ever became of this car???

For sale here

------------------

Black Widow Build Thread 2007 - 2014
Tylers Toy

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2016 03:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little bump.

The Miura has been sold.

It is going to the same guy for whom we built the Super-Charged LS3 GT40 in Qatar.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2018 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A little bump for old times & memories.

Archie
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2018 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A little bump for old times & memories.

Archie

I really like that car.
PFF
System Bot
Lurate

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2018 10:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LurateClick Here to visit Lurate's HomePageSend a Private Message to LurateEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got the Dino project. Work, divorce, life been a bit rough on me last few years. I have managed to upgrade the suspension from Arraut and currently trying to figure out how to quiet the engine down. it literally rattles the neighbors windows.
My heart goes out to Jim Buell. Never met him but followed his car projects. Hope to do him proud with this Dino eventually.

Long Live the Fiero!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2018 03:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Update on the Miura.

In the future, if you're driving around Doha Qatar & you see this car, please take pictures.

Archie
copperhens

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-17-2018 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for copperhensSend a Private Message to copperhensEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I read this whole build in one day. I have no words. The craftsmanship and time that went into this makes my jaw drop.
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-20-2018 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What a great job you guys did on this car. Hope the new owner knows of this site and gives updates.
ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2018 07:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This car is still getting love. A good friend of mine shared this on FB, thought it would be appropriate to share here:

https://www.corvetteforum.c...tte-ls3-power-549653
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2018 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:

This car is still getting love. A good friend of mine shared this on FB, thought it would be appropriate to share here:

https://www.corvetteforum.c...tte-ls3-power-549653

Thanks for posting that.

Archie
davylong86

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2018 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for davylong86Send a Private Message to davylong86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not sure what project your the most proud of Archie, but this one was off the charts in my view. You guys made some amazing cars and it was great to see a post on updates with what you guys accomplished. Hope every thing is going good for you in the desert. Old man winter is headen for us folks in IL.
Amida

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 63
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2018 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AmidaSend a Private Message to AmidaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't have a trained eye for the Miura, but this rebody looks very nice. Is it still being marketed ?
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2018 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Amida:

I don't have a trained eye for the Miura, but this rebody looks very nice. Is it still being marketed ?

Even if it is, you might want to go back and see what it took for Archie and his crew to make it look nice...

Joe
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2022 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just spent the last couple of hours reading the first 8 pages of this thread.

Brings back very fond memories,

I'd like to thank (the late) Jim Buell for the chance to build his dream car.

And I'd like to thank Rob & Kris for working with me on this long trip.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2023 02:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like to have some of you review my newly redone iPhone friendly website at v8archie.us

Don't forget to post your review thoughts here.

Thanks

Archie
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-02-2023 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don’t know if it matter but I use an IPad and the site works fine. I didn’t have problems with your web page before this change.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2023 12:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I'd like to have some of you review my newly redone iPhone friendly website at v8archie.us

Don't forget to post your review thoughts here.

Thanks

Archie

Archie, is there a way to get a list of what items you still manufacture or do you still offer every item listed on your website?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2023 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes I still sell all the parts on the current website.

The brake kits are out of stock right now but should be finished with another Batch in a few weeks.

http://www.v8archie.us/

Thank Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock