Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Miura project begins (Page 18)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Miura project begins by Archie
Started on: 12-08-2007 07:13 AM
Replies: 834 (215427 views)
Last post by: Archie on 02-03-2023 02:01 PM
85LAMB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85LAMBSend a Private Message to 85LAMBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The car looks great,

Has the color been decided jet ?
IP: Logged
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 85LAMB:

The car looks great,

Has the color been decided jet ?

It's going to be a real dark toyota Blue. I can't remember the name at the moment.

Originally posted by couldahadaV8:

At the risk of being picky....stock Fiero heater controls!!?? With everything else custom made, seems a little out of place.

Originally posted by kennn:

It looks as appropriate as anything else to me. How about the radio?

Ken

This car wasn't really built to be an exact replica.

The real car didn't come from the factory with A/C. The cars that have A/C were dealer installed units & the configurations of those units changed depending on which aftermarket A/C system the dealer used. So the controls were never standardized on the original cars. It's hard to duplicate something that varied from car to car in the originals.

On the radio, once again they didn't come from the factory with a radio. Radios, if desired, were located & installed by the dealers.

If you look at a lot of pics of Miuras, you'll see radios located in different places in the center console.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-13-2010).]

355Fiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 05:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 355FieroSend a Private Message to 355FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie and Team;

I have to say I am a bit sad to see another outstanding build by your shop coming to an end. I looked forward to the updates these past years.

As I said before, you and your team have really out done yourselves on this build and should be very proud of the ingenuity you applied to get it all sorted out and the quality of the finished product.

Well Done

I am looking forward to the next installment of an Archie Team custom build......

Cheers
Don
FieroDev

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroDevSend a Private Message to FieroDevEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 355Fiero:

Archie and Team;

I have to say I am a bit sad to see another outstanding build by your shop coming to an end. I looked forward to the updates these past years.

As I said before, you and your team have really out done yourselves on this build and should be very proud of the ingenuity you applied to get it all sorted out and the quality of the finished product.

Well Done

I am looking forward to the next installment of an Archie Team custom build......

Cheers
Don

X2!!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 07:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks guys.

Archie
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post07-13-2010 08:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This has been one of those threads you hate to see come to an end because it has been very interesting and informative to watch the progress...

But I am sure the car will look spectacular when it is painted.
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post07-14-2010 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

Jim wanted to let you know that he'll keep this thread alive with updates on the painting etc.

I'll be watching
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-15-2010 12:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,
With all the work you have done getting things right it is a shame you don't splash some molds before paint. As always your work is stellar.

That car is beautiful.

Paul

------------------
1988 Fiero
3800SC Series 1 w/5spd
Lowering Springs
18's w/Pirellis
Corvette Dash Mod

1985 GT
1986 Notchie
1987 Notchie

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 09:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The enclosed hauler will be here Friday to take the car home.

Archie

Originally, we thought, the transportation company was supposed to be here yesterday to pick up the car to go home.

However, there was a missunderstanding. We interpreted 07-16-10 as being the pickup date. The trucking company had considered that date as the earliest date that they could pick it up.

They said that whenever they get a hauler in our area (next week or 2) they will call a day ahead & arrainge to pick up the car.

Archie

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post07-17-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

Considering all the cars that you have built, how does this one rank in difficulty, and in fun?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 03:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The transport company called earlier today & let me know that they'll be here tomorrow to take the Miura home.

Archie
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-28-2010 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

Archie,

Considering all the cars that you have built, how does this one rank in difficulty, and in fun?

Over the years, each special car has been progressively more difficult than what had proceeded it.

I don't want to use the word difficult, I'd rather use the word Involved.

For example, the GBCT was state of the art back when we built it, the LT1 Stinger, the GT40 & the Finale Roadster were even more involved/difficult........

The GBCT seems like such a simple build now.

When Rob & Kris first started working for me, we couldn't have built the Miura at that time. The skill levels we had back then were not at the level where I would have even contracted to do that car. he same thing goes for Curley's car or Troy's car, 7 or 8 years ago, we were not at the level where those cars could have turned out as good as if we built them now.

As for how involved/difficult the Miura was, I'd say that with all said & done, the Miura was the most involved/difficult build we've done. Considering the quality of the fiberglass we got from the U.K. & the fact that it was moving all over the place while we were trying to build it. Also the Miura "Kit" we got from the U.K. was the fiberglass parts only. No hardware came with the body, no instructions, no hinges, latches or even pictures of how it was to be put together. No idea what windows we were supposed to use nothing came with the "Kit".

One thing I've learned over the years is that the customer who you're building the car for is the most important factor. Does he know what he wants built? Can he communicate that over the phone or in person? Or does he think that just because he can photoshop a part onto the car then it can fit just as easily as it was to photoshop? Does the customer consult with us before he buys expensive parts, that he's going to add to the build, to see if those parts are even going to fit on the car? Or does he think he can just order something done like he's ordering burgers at the Drive-up window at Burger King?

Customers like Curley, Troy, Jim (this customer) & many others make building a special involved car a pleasure because they understand the difference between imagining a feature on the car & actually making it happen.

I guess that's the long answer to your question.

Archie

------------------

need someone to make me a new sig.

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 07-28-2010).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rollin' ... Rollin' ... Rollin'......

The "Bull" is heading for a round up in Texas......

Archie
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 08:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I sorry I didn't make it up to your shop to see The Bull one last time as a finished car. Definitely one of your best builds........
aeffertz

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-29-2010 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aeffertzSend a Private Message to aeffertzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hopefully the owner keeps us updated on here with some more of his progress!
Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 02:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie,

Thanks for taking the time for all of the updates....I really enjoyed it.
Erik

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post07-30-2010 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ErikSend a Private Message to ErikEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
wow that trailer is awesome
Fiero2m8

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post08-11-2010 04:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero2m8Click Here to visit Fiero2m8's HomePageSend a Private Message to Fiero2m8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Seeing this real Muira at MeadowBrook a couple weeks ago reinforced how great a job Archie and the boys did.
Unless you saw them side by side, most people would never know of it's Fiero heritage

------------------

Indy Northstar-Stretch ~ LT1-NOS Roadster

blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2010 12:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The "Bull" is heading for a round up in Texas......

Archie

nice build... thanks for sharing it with us. Can you divulge if the owner, Jim, is a Texas resident or whereabouts?
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 11:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes,his name is Jim & he lives in San Antonio.

He is a Fiero guy & is working on restoring an 86 SE T Top.

He says that he'd love to associate with other Fiero folks in Tx .

He's also a member here on PFF.

Right now the car is in paint & should be completed in the next week or 2 & an update is coming then.

He also sent me this link for an article getting Fieros & PFF out in the outside world.

http://www.ridelust.com/lam...-car-simply-amazing/

Archie

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

nice build... thanks for sharing it with us. Can you divulge if the owner, Jim, is a Texas resident or whereabouts?

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2010 11:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see this car in paint

------------------

IMSA 1986 GT, Archie ChopTop #22, LS7 .......
Click here for the build thread

PFF
System Bot
blakeinspace

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 12:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blakeinspaceSend a Private Message to blakeinspaceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes,his name is Jim & he lives in San Antonio... (snip)

Awesome. Alamo Area Fiero Owners (AAFO) meets regularly, is full of good people and dear friends, and hosts a yearly open Fiero show in the spring called the Round-Up. I am sure they'd be very welcoming to Jim and his unique car. As a matter of fact, I just spent the weekend with several of their regulars in Oklahoma. The PFF username of the President there is: fierosa, His name is Robert. He does not get on PFF too often, but is active in the regional Fiero community.

Theres a few events in D/FW I'd like to invite him to join also in 2011.

If you don't mind sharing his username, I'll send him a PM with a few event invites... Or Jim, if you read this, drop me a PM.

Congrats on your car, I hope it is as fun and inspiring to drive as it was to follow this thread!

and to Archie... after posting a whole bunch of event photos for the aforementioned Fiero rally I recently attended... I can certainly appreciate the time you spent to size the pics, post the explanations, answer the questions, over and over and over. I spent half the night just cropping and sizing a dozen pics, much less posting. thanks and g'night.

[This message has been edited by blakeinspace (edited 10-22-2010).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2010 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blakeinspace:

Awesome. Alamo Area Fiero Owners (AAFO) meets regularly, is full of good people and dear friends, and hosts a yearly open Fiero show in the spring called the Round-Up. I am sure they'd be very welcoming to Jim and his unique car. As a matter of fact, I just spent the weekend with several of their regulars in Oklahoma. The PFF username of the President there is: fierosa, His name is Robert. He does not get on PFF too often, but is active in the regional Fiero community.

Theres a few events in D/FW I'd like to invite him to join also in 2011.

If you don't mind sharing his username, I'll send him a PM with a few event invites... Or Jim, if you read this, drop me a PM.

Congrats on your car, I hope it is as fun and inspiring to drive as it was to follow this thread!

and to Archie... after posting a whole bunch of event photos for the aforementioned Fiero rally I recently attended... I can certainly appreciate the time you spent to size the pics, post the explanations, answer the questions, over and over and over. I spent half the night just cropping and sizing a dozen pics, much less posting. thanks and g'night.

Thanks

Sorry, I forgot to put in his username in the other post.

He's posted a couple of times in this thread. It's jbuell.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Got these pics & note from the owner today.

Well it is finally painted and back home . Here are a few pics and I will send some better ones when I figure out how to frame the pictures right with this digital camera. It is done in Toyota Blue Streak Metallic with Mercedes silver for the rocker panel.

Archie
BlackThunderGT

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 09:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackThunderGTSend a Private Message to BlackThunderGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Absolutely a work of art!!!

Now I am really pissed to know this beautiful car lives in San Antonio and I had to recently move to Florida. I really hope the owner brings it to the Round Up next year as I will be traveling back to Texas to attend.

Thank you Archie! For sharing this build with all of us on PFF.

Bradley Jay

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2010 10:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bradley JaySend a Private Message to Bradley JayEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW.
Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 05:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh my...

It came out even better in paint than I was imagining. Truly a fantastic piece of workmanship, good work Archie and the lads!

------------------

Falcon Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Falcon FieroSend a Private Message to Falcon FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What sorts of reactions has the owner been getting on the street? It looks amazing.
Was this a color scheme offered on the original?

------------------

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-08-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She is beautiful!
Chelo Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Chelo FieroClick Here to visit Chelo Fiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to Chelo FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
simply gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very tastefully done - looks great!

Jim
PFF
System Bot
Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Got these pics & note from the owner today.

I'm predicting the next round of pictures will include a trophy of some sort.
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW, man that looks great!!!!
dratts

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 119
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for drattsSend a Private Message to drattsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another superclean archie build. If I had the coins and if he was willing to build another, I'd park it right next to my murci. The first lambo and the last. Although I hear that the last murci has rolled of the line. I love the classic lines as well as the modern and I don't know if the murci will be a classic someday. I love it!
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 09:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Astounding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2010 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the nice comments everyone.

Originally posted by Falcon Fiero:

What sorts of reactions has the owner been getting on the street? It looks amazing.
Was this a color scheme offered on the original?

Yes he picked his colors to try to match color from when the cars were in production.

Archie
Panda

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 04:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PandaSend a Private Message to PandaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow, you did a fantastic job!

I think most of us would appreciate and even order a kit, if you decided to realize one.

However, I just have a few remarks regarding some details. Actually, the real “SV” model has wider rear wheel arches than the normal “P400” and the “S”. Considering that the body kit used doesn’t have wider wheel arches, personally I would have made a replica of a “P400” or an “S”. Considering your technical skills, you would have enjoyed the additional challenge of recreating the eyelashes. In this case, you should have installed the rear lights of the “Fiat 850 Spider”.

Anyway, considering that you and/or the owner have decided for a replica of the SV model, despite the lack of wider wheel arches, the correct taillights would be those of the “Fiat Dino Coupé”. Using them, the rear of this replica, which already looks great, would simply look perfect.

Personally, I find the wheels too modern for a Miura replica. I would replace them by original Campagnolo or Campagnolo replica, as offered for example by Parallel Designs. And just to complete the work of art you’ve already done, chromed window frames, like on the real “SV”, Lambo style shift gate and Lamborghini V12 replica engine cover.

The work done on this Fiero really has to be considered a work of art. Thus, why not achieve perfection by adding a few minor details in addition to the Lamborghini, Miura and Bertone badges ... .

Best regards

Panda
troyboy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Panda:

.... Lamborghini V12 replica engine cover.... .

Please don't do it, this car is too classy to add something as cheesy as a fake engine cover. Once again great job, this car is by far the best thing to roll out of Archies shop
War Hammer

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 03:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for War HammerSend a Private Message to War HammerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just looked up several pictures of SVs and only 1 had wider arches in the back.

Just an observation.

Paul

Originally posted by Panda:

Wow, you did a fantastic job!

I think most of us would appreciate and even order a kit, if you decided to realize one.

However, I just have a few remarks regarding some details. Actually, the real “SV” model has wider rear wheel arches than the normal “P400” and the “S”. Considering that the body kit used doesn’t have wider wheel arches, personally I would have made a replica of a “P400” or an “S”. Considering your technical skills, you would have enjoyed the additional challenge of recreating the eyelashes. In this case, you should have installed the rear lights of the “Fiat 850 Spider”.

Anyway, considering that you and/or the owner have decided for a replica of the SV model, despite the lack of wider wheel arches, the correct taillights would be those of the “Fiat Dino Coupé”. Using them, the rear of this replica, which already looks great, would simply look perfect.

Personally, I find the wheels too modern for a Miura replica. I would replace them by original Campagnolo or Campagnolo replica, as offered for example by Parallel Designs. And just to complete the work of art you’ve already done, chromed window frames, like on the real “SV”, Lambo style shift gate and Lamborghini V12 replica engine cover.

The work done on this Fiero really has to be considered a work of art. Thus, why not achieve perfection by adding a few minor details in addition to the Lamborghini, Miura and Bertone badges ... .

Best regards

Panda

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2010 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Please don't do it, this car is too classy to add something as cheesy as a fake engine cover. Once again great job, this car is by far the best thing to roll out of Archies shop

Not to worry.

I'm sure he will never put a fake engine cover on the engine.

Archie
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock