Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Construction Zone
  The Miura project begins (Page 12)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The Miura project begins by Archie
Started on: 12-08-2007 07:13 AM
Replies: 834 (214907 views)
Last post by: Archie on 02-03-2023 02:01 PM
Sofa King

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Archie:

So we hot glue these pcs. in on the bottoms & once we've fiberglassed them from the top we remove the hot glue & glass them from the bottom too.

So that's how you do it? Common sense engineering.

IP: Logged
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Sofa King

929 posts
Member since Aug 2008
Archie,

The time and energy spent on those scoops is amazing! Having just started glassing, that would have taken me a month! I can now relate and appreciate the time and effort you all are putting into this car. PLEASE, keep posting those pics.

Amazing stuff!

G (SK)
Archie

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 546
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2009 08:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, Thanks.

I've been watching your interior build thread & you're doing a pretty good job on your fiberglassing too.

Archie

Originally posted by Sofa King:

Archie,

The time and energy spent on those scoops is amazing! Having just started glassing, that would have taken me a month! I can now relate and appreciate the time and effort you all are putting into this car. PLEASE, keep posting those pics.

Amazing stuff!

G (SK)

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2009 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Well, Thanks.

I've been watching your interior build thread & you're doing a pretty good job on your fiberglassing too.

Archie

Thank you very much. I appreciate the words of encouragement. I have to admit I study as many pics from the Miura build as possible trying to unlock all your secrets. Please keep posting those images.

Thanks again

G (SK)
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2009 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I can't wait to see this car!!
madcurl

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 314
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2009 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by madcurl (edited 12-12-2009).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ALERT.............. Need help from any UPS employee who can help find a missing package.......

I'll update this thread later..........

HOWEVER, we've run into a problem.

You'll recall that several weeks ago we sent many of the interior parts out to San Antonio, TX for the 2nd phase of upholstery work.

They finished that work & sent 5 packages of finished interior parts back to us on Nov. 30th.

Well....... we only got 4 packages......

Yep, some of the custom made parts that we made for this car ARE LOST.

Sure they were insured but for no where near what it would cost to make the parts again.

We've been working with UPS to try to find the package & in fact I now have the manager of the local UPS distribution center who's going to personally try her best to try to find our missing parts.

The reason I'm telling you all this is that I'm kinda hoping that someone reading this might just happen to work in the San Antonio UPS distribution center or in the S.L.C., UT or the Independence Missouri "known overgoods" centers & might just be able to help.

I'll name my 1st born child after your PFF screen name if you can find these items.

Here are pics of what's missing, They're all upholstered in White now.....

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-16-2009).]

whodeanie

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whodeanieClick Here to visit whodeanie's HomePageSend a Private Message to whodeanieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OH! now that stinks, I hope they find it for you.
lets hope it is just because of X-mas shipping and has not been lost for good.

does the tracking # give you any clue as to where it might be.
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2009 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes.

The tracking numbers on all 5 of the boxes show that 4 of them left SA for IL on Nov. 30. Then on the 5th box that's missing, it was scanned again on Dec. 1st at SA with a note that it was missed the previous day & would be sent the next business day. That's where it disappeared. The actual package hasn't been scanned since.

In case someone from UPS happens to read this, I can PM the tracking number if he will contact me.

Archie

Originally posted by whodeanie:

OH! now that stinks, I hope they find it for you.
lets hope it is just because of X-mas shipping and has not been lost for good.

does the tracking # give you any clue as to where it might be.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Since my last posting on progress, we've got a lot done.

During this period of time, we got our 2nd phase of interior upholstery back from the interior shop.

It's well documented in posts earlier on this page that UPS managed to lose 3 of the finished interior parts & that we are still searching for them.

Here's the parts we did get back & they look great.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 12-18-2009).]

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2009 11:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Picking up on the progress since my last big update on 12-05-09.

We continued putting the suspension & brake parts together.

Working on the drivers door.

Getting ready to fiberglass in the returns on door for the inside dew wipes

While some fiberglass is curing, Kris is working other parts of the job. Here the rocker panel & door jamb are getting attention.

The rear brakes & lines are going in. Just like the GT40 we built, the Miura looks cool with the rear clip off.

Dew wipe fitting

More glassing....

PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More brake assembly...

Dew wipe fitted & window fitted

Working on finishing the edges of the door

Once the door is finalized arounc the outside & fitted on the car we can work on the door gaps & body lines.

We've got to work the boddy to get parts to fit flush all the way around. See how the door sits out from the body at the top

& the top side of the front clip doesn't match up to the top of the dorr.

The sideburn of the front clip doesn't match up to the door skin or the rocker panel down at the bottom.

The right side of the car wasn't that far off. But it will all look like this when we're done..

Here Kris is building up the "B" pillar right behind the door
a bit.

Also working on the 2 vents below the grill....

To match the other side of the car & the door, the rocker panel had to be ground down so far that we went thru the glass.

We put a piece of cardboard behind this area an then fiberglassed over it. Then we removes the cardboard.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 12:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
In the meantime, we've fiberglassed the sideburn area.

More bodywork

Add some primer so we can see where we're going....

Sanding continues

More update tomorrow.

Thanks

Archie
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2009 01:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Completely unbelievable. You and your crew blow me away with your skills. You guys are a source of great inspiration to me. My chin is sore from it dropping on the floor everytime I open up this thread.

I really learned a lot from watching and reading your posts on the interiror pieces. I hope those missing parts show up. It is going to be another work of art from Archie and crew when finished. Any hints on what color the car will be? Not crazy about the white leather though. But hey, it's just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like! Great job Archie and crew. Thanks for sharing your work.

Pat
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 05:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by katatak:

Completely unbelievable. You and your crew blow me away with your skills. You guys are a source of great inspiration to me. My chin is sore from it dropping on the floor everytime I open up this thread.

I really learned a lot from watching and reading your posts on the interiror pieces. I hope those missing parts show up. It is going to be another work of art from Archie and crew when finished. Any hints on what color the car will be? Not crazy about the white leather though. But hey, it's just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like! Great job Archie and crew. Thanks for sharing your work.

Pat

I'm glad the build threads can inspire others' to try some custom stuff.

That's the whole reason I've posted so much fiberglass work in the build threads.

Archie
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
I'm going to see if I can complete the update that I started yesterday.

......The gaps in the seams where the front clip meets the cowl are a bit too wide. So metal was used to make a form for fiberglassing in material.

Then we took the front clip off to glass these aresa from underneath.

You see the vertical wall of the metal will replace the wall that was in these areas.

After glassing, you can see that the edges of the front clip have been moved out a little

Finally we are far enough along on the drivers side of the car that we can start woring on the door vent.

After cleaning up & deburring the new extended edges on the front clip look like they were there all along.

While f-glass sets up on different areas of work, Kris is doing things like sanding the scoop areas under the grill...

Then it's back to work on the door scoop.

Archie
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
GAWD DANG IT!!!! I love this build!

Hope you find those parts! Not a good way to end the year...

[This message has been edited by Sofa King (edited 12-22-2009).]

madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Add some primer so we can see where we're going....

Archie

What's going on with the black fastback in the back ground? Details please.
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2009 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by madcurl:
What's going on with the black fastback in the back ground? Details please.

Madcurl is always scanning the backgorund to see what's next........
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-04-2010 12:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did UPS find the parts?
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2010 01:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This build is addictive and we need a Miura Project fix. Hit us up with an update Arch (did you find the missing parts?)
PFF
System Bot
skuzzbomer

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 92
Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2010 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for skuzzbomerSend a Private Message to skuzzbomerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

This build is addictive and we need a Miura Project fix. Hit us up with an update Arch (did you find the missing parts?)

The last update was nearly three weeks ago... and I've just read this thread from the start to this point. I want to know what's happened.
Austrian Import

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-08-2010 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Austrian ImportSend a Private Message to Austrian ImportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie, I was wondering on the interior, what color is it? On the pictures it's really hard to tell if it's a cream, or white.

Is there a way you could take a picture with something that could give me a better reference as to the color? (or outdoor pictures)

kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another question Archnie, after we see, and know, the interior color, can you also let us know if you plan on using the stock steering wheel? I think the Muira came with a Nardi. Let us know....

Cordially,
Kevin
fourpoint9

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2010 05:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fourpoint9Click Here to visit fourpoint9's HomePageSend a Private Message to fourpoint9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From page 10

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2010 05:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie did you guys start the swap yet?
Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fourpoint9:

From page 10

WOW!!!!! Very nice... A very enthusiastic thumbs up!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-20-2010 05:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

Archie did you guys start the swap yet?

We test fitted the engine & transmission onto the cradle & into the car some time ago before the chassis & cradle were powdercoated.

We plan to final install them as soon as most of the body sanding is done. We figure THAT will be pretty soon.

Archie
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh goody
kevin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2010 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kevinSend a Private Message to kevinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

kevin

2722 posts
Member since Jan 2000
I forgot the ask you guys if you thought about adding the "chicken bar" on the central tunnel? You might remember the original Muira had one? Just asking for authentification purposes.

Cordially,
Kevin
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2010 11:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Archie please an update is needed im going nuts waiting to see more progress
PFF
System Bot
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
More updates........

Working on finishing the surface of the inner wheel wells on the front clip.

And building door vents in left side door.

Sanding & shaping the door vents & getting them into primer.

Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Archie

9436 posts
Member since Dec 1999
Trying to finalize the body shape.

Working on the meeting line between the cowl & front clip.

Shaping the flat area of the front clip & finishing the scoop behind the Left door scoop.

We're trying to get this car in primer by the 1st of next week.

We won't be 100% done with bodywork by then, we will be ready to see it all in one color for once.

Archie
bubbajoexxx

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 112
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 02:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bubbajoexxxClick Here to visit bubbajoexxx's HomePageSend a Private Message to bubbajoexxxEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
have to give you an AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ on the fit and finish so far excellent
madcurl

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for madcurlSend a Private Message to madcurlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

More updates........

Sweet!
katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 05:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There are some "dead sexy" curves here!
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is just a little tease....... a little preview of the next update

katatak

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2010 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Man Archie....It's not nice to tease. The inner fenderwells look smooth. Can't wait to see it one color - even if it is just primer. Kudo's to you and your crew - that car is a true work of craftsmanship. Art in motion even when sitting still!

Pat
Archie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ArchieClick Here to visit Archie's HomePageSend a Private Message to ArchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know it's only primer..... but it's kinda exciting to know that Monday morning we'll be hanging the body panels back on it & they'll all be the same color.

Archie

[This message has been edited by Archie (edited 01-30-2010).]

Sofa King

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2010 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Sofa KingSend a Private Message to Sofa KingEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WOW. An insane build. I hope you give your crew kudos - you all deserve it. Just a wonderful looking automobile. WOW
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 21 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock