Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Carbon dioxide hysteria (Page 7)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Carbon dioxide hysteria by olejoedad
Started on: 12-09-2022 03:51 PM
Replies: 1691 (20141 views)
Last post by: Wichita on 04-24-2024 10:18 AM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2023 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

In my career, I had hours upon hours of Hazardous Material and Emergency Response training.

The training is in depth and quite extensive.

Rule number one is to protect the lives of the Emergency Response personnel on the site, as they respond to the situation.

I do not think that the media talking heads or the armchair internet warriors have the training, or experience, to be second guessing the professionals that are dealing with this catastrophic event.

"Biden nuked a town so he could get the trains running again. Don't worry, Uncle Joe loves you to death."

If that ("Biden nuked a town...") is not an armchair internet warrior mimicking a media talking head to second guess the professional emergency responders for lame political motivations that are cynically motivated, then I don't know what is.

In my career, I had hours upon hours of Hazardous Material and Emergency Response training.

The training is in depth and quite extensive.

Rule number one is to protect the lives of the Emergency Response personnel on the site, as they respond to the situation.

I do not think that the media talking heads or the armchair internet warriors have the training, or experience, to be second guessing the professionals that are dealing with this catastrophic event.

I emphatically agree with these remarks from "olejoedad".

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-16-2023).]

IP: Logged
Fitz301

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-16-2023 02:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz301Send a Private Message to Fitz301Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://twitter.com/rawsale.../1626267468208431106

And yet another timely, yet "unintentional", but of course, very "coincidental" derailment in Detroit, and of course, it just happened to be carrying "hazardous materials" - funny, these trains that derail are never just carrying non-hazardous materials, those ones seem to stay on the track, for some unknown reason.

Hey rinselberger, shouldn't you ecoterrorists be up-in-arms over all this polluting of the environment, what will "Gaia" say? But I guess if the "EPA" doesn't care, then the econuts won't receive their marching orders and talking points.

Man, you weren't kidding when you parroted the talking point about derailments being "not uncommon"...

Even though, until the past week or so, they were.

[This message has been edited by Fitz301 (edited 02-16-2023).]

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2023 02:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Trains carry a mixture of products, hazardous and non-hazardous.

Perhaps terrorism is involved, perhaps it is poor maintenance of the rails or the car carriages.

As the boomer generation retires and less experienced (or less conscientious) employees take over their responsibilities (training?)...…..well, isn't everyone in every business these days saying "We just can't find good people to hire?".
Jake_Dragon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2023 03:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Perhaps terrorism is involved, perhaps it is poor maintenance of the rails or the car carriages.

As the boomer generation retires and less experienced (or less conscientious) employees take over their responsibilities (training?)...…..well, isn't everyone in every business these days saying "We just can't find good people to hire?".

I use to love riding the train, and did so for number of years. I watched as the rail system went down hill. When the money dries up they move on.
Its not a matter of just being able to sustain the system if they cant profit and big profits they will milk it for as much as they can then abandon it.
Feds sponsor the start of it then when the states take over they can't maintain it. Florida almost got sucked into that mess and CA faulted on the money they got from the feds for trains. Then they wouldn't give it back.
I would suspect commercial rail is managed even worse.
When I was a kid working for the rail system was one of the best places to work, not now.
Fitz301

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-16-2023 03:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz301Send a Private Message to Fitz301Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh "terrorism" is involved alright - ecoterrorism courtesy of the demoncrat party and their army of brainwashed "green new deal" lunatics purposely invoking these events that they can later use them as further "proof" of "globull warming", long after everyone forgets though, and with modern idiots of today that could be as soon as, maybe, a year from now.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2023 04:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Twitter link that "Fitz" has provided.

I would encourage people to use the link and see what's being said about this newly reported train accident in Detroit.
Fitz301

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-16-2023 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz301Send a Private Message to Fitz301Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

The Twitter link that "Fitz" has provided.

I would encourage people to use the link and see what's being said about this newly reported train accident in Detroit.

You got me...spreading "misinformation" - the train didn't actually leak...yet.

Apparently the ecoterrorists miscalculated the strength of a tanker car.

I'm a terrible carbon based lifeform...I'll get over it.

WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-16-2023 07:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You see PFF peeps in the P&R sub, it wasn't a petrol tanker spill. These chemicals are needed for R.I. and the cabal 'it' represents to force green energy tech on everyone. Make no mistake, oil in the water/ocean/land (yes, bad) and out comes the click click click Googling resident know it all R.I. bots crappy pictures and biased "experts" links to MSM individuals who can't identify what a woman or female is.

"LOOK! OIL BAD! WE NEED TO ELECTRIFY NNNOOOWWWW BY FORCE AND INTIMIDATION."

Fitz301

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-16-2023 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz301Send a Private Message to Fitz301Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How is oil on the ground bad for the environment when that's where it came from in the first place, they never specify whether they're talking about conventional oil or synthetic, they just always refer to "oil"?

Maybe like the "covid" can be "asymptomatic" (which is impossible), it's on the ground and we just don't know it?

[This message has been edited by Fitz301 (edited 02-16-2023).]

WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2023 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
JD Vance shows up. E. Palestine OH rivers and streams

E. Palestine OH rivers and streams

This is a perfect ad for the "Pride/groomer" brigade. No need for rainbow flags or banners, just throw stuff in the local water supply and you'll have your own hypnotizing image. Hell, they can all just jump in and become walking rainbows.

Tell us wannabe know-it-all, when will this clear up? I mean, you obviously know with all the IR satellites beaming down, sonar buoys, cameras and various sensors everywhere. The Science is never wrong. Tell us.

Maybe R.I. bot (ChatRI) can have its parties there. GODS convention.
Gathering/Of/Democratic/Satanists

0010 0000 0010 0011 baby, even if the cabals partner companies of BlackHeart an armored Van-guard never pony up and take responsibility.
0010 0000 0010 0011
0010 0000 0010 0011
🤡 🌎

[This message has been edited by WonderBoy (edited 02-17-2023).]

Fitz301

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2023 02:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz301Send a Private Message to Fitz301Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then, just like that, CO2 became the least of our problems.

Ecoterrorist commies.
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2023 07:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fitz301

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-17-2023 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz301Send a Private Message to Fitz301Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.thegatewaypundi...y-air-quality-video/

And yet another coincidental "accident", sure seem to be alot of those happening just the last couple weeks...

The econuts must really be upset because not a peep out of them.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2023 09:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Doral Fire: Nearby Parks Close, Schools Impacted After EPA Report Shows ‘Unhealthy' Air Quality"

Parks near the site of the energy plant fire in Doral were closed Friday as smoky conditions persisted days after the blaze broke out Residents near the plant were urged to stay indoors with their windows closed or wear masks if outside, and nearby schools were impacted by the fire, with one asking parents to pick their children up early, if possible The fire, which broke out Sunday [February 12], continued to burn 6 days later as firefighters continued to encounter challenges

More online at NBC 6, South Florida; Heather Walker; February 17, 2023.
https://www.nbcmiami.com/ne...air-quality/2976595/

Where's the fire? Not in my eyes, chief, but at the Covanta Waste-to-Energy facility, which is the centerpiece of the Miami-Dade County Resources Recovery Facility.

Undated file photo of the Covanta Waste-to-Energy facility as it was "pre-fire", during Miami-Dade County's long-running Anteconflagration Era, which only drew to a close almost a week ago today.

Covanta Waste-to-Energy facility in Doral, FL
https://www.covanta.com/whe.../our-facilities/dade

Miami-Dade County Resources Recovery Facility
https://www.miamidade.gov/g...e=ser150282068351856

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-18-2023).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2023 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fitz301:

Oh "terrorism" is involved alright - ecoterrorism courtesy of the demoncrat party and their army of brainwashed "green new deal" lunatics purposely invoking these events that they can later use them as further "proof" of "globull warming", long after everyone forgets though, and with modern idiots of today that could be as soon as, maybe, a year from now.

The possibility cannot be ignored.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2023 06:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't see how these most recent freight train accidents and this fire at the Waste-to-Energy plant in Doral (Florida) make any sense as a conspiracy of eco-terrorists. What's it supposed to prove? How can this be framed to move public opinion or influence the EPA or some other part of the government?

Of the most recent freight train accidents, there's the big one, in Ohio, but the other very recent railroad accidents are small, in terms of any environmental impacts.

Here's some Copy-and-Paste:

Federal data shows that on average, more than 1,000 train derailments happen each year. Most derailments do not cause extensive damage or result in injuries or deaths. There is nothing suspicious about three derailments being featured in news headlines in February, a railroad expert said.

From 1990 to 2021 there were an average of 1,705 train derailments per year, according to data from the U.S. Bureau of Transportation Statistics and Federal Railroad Administration. In 2021, there were 1,087 train derailments, according to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics.2 days ago

There's a smorgasbord of substances and chemicals that are going (or have gone) into the atmosphere from the Ohio train wreck and the Florida energy plant fire. But if you were looking at a data plot of Greenhouse Gas Emissions vs Current Year to Date, you wouldn't be able to see the "bump" in the data from these specific and recent incidents, unless you looked with a magnifying glass. Even if the data were limited to Greenhouse Gas Emissions from Ohio, or from Florida, you'd still need a magnifying glass. So as far as any of this affecting the weather in some way, either in the short term or the long term, as part of some "climate change" conspiracy, it doesn't add up. Even if you throw in the Waste-to-Energy plant fire.

Not even close.

Fitz301

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post02-18-2023 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz301Send a Private Message to Fitz301Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And that's why you will always be a tool.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2023 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Would better regulations and equipment mandates have prevented the Ohio rail disaster?"

Frequent derailments may signal a need for more rapid deployment of infrastructure investment, as well.

Steven Ditmeyer, a former senior official at the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA), told the Lever that existing safety measures could’ve lessened the impact of the disaster if they had been mandated. Electronically Controlled Pneumatic (ECP) breaks, which Norfolk Southern had previously promoted as having “the potential to reduce train stopping distances by as much as 60 percent over conventional air brake systems,” were later heavily lobbied against by Norfolk Southern’s own lobbyists.

“Would ECP brakes have reduced the severity of this accident? Yes,” Ditmeyer said. “The railroads will test new features. But once they are told they have to do it… they don’t want to spend the money.”

Jariel Arvin for Vox; February 18, 2023.
https://www.vox.com/2023/2/...dates-chemical-spill

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-18-2023).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2023 11:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

“Would ECP brakes have reduced the severity of this accident? Yes,” Ditmeyer said. “The railroads will test new features. But once they are told they have to do it… they don’t want to spend the money.”

https://www.aar.org/article/ecp-brakes/

I think there are a couple of RR people on this forum. It would be interesting to hear their thoughts.

From what I have read, it was a bearing failure.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-19-2023).]

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2023 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2023 12:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is 20 miles ahead of the crash, and it looks like the fire had been going for a while. How is it that no one stopped the train?

My only experience with rail cars is unloading them and pushing them around on a spur in lumber yards, but I did manage to derail one, once (for a completely different reason). So, take this for what it is worth, but based on my experience in the trucking industry I am going to say that this is a maintenance and inspection issue.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-19-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2023 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
This is 20 miles ahead of the crash, and it looks like the fire had been going for a while. How is it that no one stopped the train?

Good question... maybe a great question.

One thing that's come up in the news coverage is Electronically Controlled Pneumatic or ECP braking. First mandated, and then, in September 2018, the "feds" rescinded the mandate. I would like to enter this brief online Fact Sheet into the forum's proceedings for completeness, if for no other reason.

"Electronically Controlled Pneumatic (ECP) Brakes & Hazmat"
Fact Sheet, undated but clearly as recent (if not more recent) than September 2018, from the Association of American Railroads:
https://www.aar.org/article/ecp-brakes/#!

The "bottom line"

In September 2018, the Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Safety Administration (PHMSA) and the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) rescinded the ECP brake mandate because the expected costs of ECP brakes are significantly higher than the expected benefits.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-19-2023).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2023 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Electronically Controlled Pneumatic (ECP) Brakes & Hazmat"
Fact Sheet, undated but clearly as recent (if not more recent) than September 2018, from the Association of American Railroads:
https://www.aar.org/article/ecp-brakes/#!

That is the same article that I linked above. I don't see how ECP would have helped in this instance.

Maybe cameras, heat sensors, vibration sensors or some other monitoring systems might help when hazmat is involved.

I have seen studies that show the effectiveness of infrared cameras in diagnosing maintenance issues on trucks. The cameras are stationary and can see a bad bearing or a malfunctioning brake as the truck passes by.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2023 04:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Use crossing gates to monitor train safety......
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2023 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The video that I posted above is from Salem, OH. Less than 20 miles before Salem, that train had to pass through a Norfolk Southern yard in Alliance, OH.
https://goo.gl/maps/cEeuqsQ8rq5kx1TNA

I don't know what kind of inspection protocols and procedures rail cars are subject to, but it would be interesting to learn.

Does anyone know anything about the specific car that had the bearing failure? Where it was picked up, who owns it, etc.

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2023 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
be ready for more events like FREDDY cat 5 in February never happen before

https://www.weatherzone.com...ne-on-record/1110218

BTW IS AVG 85 HERE ALL WEEK new normal

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-25-2023 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"The U.S. Has Billions for Wind and Solar Projects. Good Luck Plugging Them In."

An explosion in proposed clean energy ventures has overwhelmed the system for connecting new power sources to homes and businesses.

Gridlock. Literally.

This is a 7-minutes duration "rinse approved" read.

Brad Plumer for the New York Times; February 23, 2023.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...electrical-grid.html

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-25-2023).]

Fitz301

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-08-2023 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz301Send a Private Message to Fitz301Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Apparently these things are just flying off the rails, here's yet another "not uncommon", "accidental", and "completely not suspicious at all", derailment in West Virginia.

But no, these things just happen all the time, especially lately...I wonder why?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-09-2023 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There were at least 1,164 train derailments across the country last year [2022], according to data from the Federal Railroad Administration. That means the country [has been] averaging roughly [3] derailments per day . . .

Industry leaders say that most derailments occur within the confines of rail yards . . .

Last month, Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg criticized railroads for their "vigorous resistance" to additional safety measures in the past, and said they must change following the East Palestine crash.

Buttigieg called on Norfolk Southern and other railroads to adopt new safety measures, such as implementing novel inspection technologies without reducing human inspections, proactively notifying state emergency response teams of the presence of cars carrying hazardous materials, and providing paid sick leave to workers.

The NTSB announced on Tuesday that it was opening a special investigation into Norfolk Southern in response to the "number and significance" of accidents involving the railroad.

"There are about 3 U.S. train derailments per day. They aren't usually major disasters"
Joe Hernandez for NPR/KQED; March 9, 2023.
https://www.npr.org/2023/03...sually-major-disaste

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-09-2023).]

Fitz301

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post03-10-2023 12:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fitz301Send a Private Message to Fitz301Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
https://www.cbsnews.com/new...r-convicted-bribery/

But no, those "derailments" were totally just "accidents", along with all the other crap set up by this a-hole...

[This message has been edited by Fitz301 (edited 03-10-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-10-2023 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fitz301:

https://www.cbsnews.com/new...r-convicted-bribery/

But no, those "derailments" were totally just "accidents", along with all the other crap set up by this a-hole...

PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"There are about 3 U.S. train derailments per day. They aren't usually major disasters"
Joe Hernandez for NPR/KQED; March 9, 2023.
https://www.npr.org/2023/03...sually-major-disaste

It would be interesting to know what percentage of derailments happen in the switchyard vs the number during transport to destination.

Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 03:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Blaming modern Western society and the younger generation of today for the polluting sins of the Boomers as to take what wealth is left is a damn shame.

Biden and Gore needs to pay for their sins, not us. We have cleaned up after the poop and are leaving everything cleaner and more sustainable. No thanks to boomers or the leftist.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"The Terrifying Warning Lurking in the Earth's Ancient Rock Record"

Our climate models could be missing something big.

Peter Brannen for The Atlantic; March 2021.
https://www.theatlantic.com...ange-history/617793/
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 06:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Valkrie9

1475 posts
Member since Jan 2021
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-11-2023 07:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Blaming modern Western society and the younger generation of today for the polluting sins of the Boomers as to take what wealth is left is a damn shame.

Biden and Gore needs to pay for their sins, not us. We have cleaned up after the poop and are leaving everything cleaner and more sustainable. No thanks to boomers or the leftist.

Boomers, Leftists, Joe Biden, Al Gore... the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse... the boogeymen of feverish nightmares. That's an especially bizarre utterance that comes from the same dysfunctional place as this Malfunctioning Meme:

What's wrong with this meme or cartoon?

Click to show

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-11-2023).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2023 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Spewing for more than 500 years.

' That then renders humanity's contribution to insignificant. '
' Yep, any other assertion is misinformation. '
' Yeah, so like, not true ! '

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-12-2023 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Washington state last month [January] launched its complex carbon-pricing scheme, in which most of the state’s biggest emitters of climate-warming greenhouse gases can buy and sell carbon allowances—permits to pollute. On Tuesday, the allowances for the first time will go up for sale in an online auction.

This new market is only the second of its kind in the United States and is a major test of state lawmakers’ grand ambitions to rein in climate pollution. Even before the first bids have been placed, it has unleashed a political tug of war over potential impacts for consumers.

If everything goes as planned, the state will be mostly carbon-free by 2050. That’s a more accelerated timeline than in California, where emissions reduction targets remain somewhat elusive a decade after its carbon-pricing program began.

This is a comprehensive report on Washington state's recently enacted carbon-pricing... comprehensive and magazine-length, as is needed to go into this kind of in-depth coverage of the topic.

"Emitting greenhouse gases in WA? Here’s who will need to pay up to pollute"
Isabella Breda for the Seattle Times; February 26, 2023.
https://www.seattletimes.co...o-pay-up-to-pollute/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-12-2023).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post03-13-2023 06:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I don't see how these most recent freight train accidents and this fire at the Waste-to-Energy plant in Doral (Florida) make any sense as a conspiracy of eco-terrorists. What's it supposed to prove? How can this be framed to move public opinion or influence the EPA or some other part of the government?

Make sense, ? Why do idiots block roads and freeways in protest during rush hour traffic make sense.

Originally posted by williegoat:
From what I have read, it was a bearing failure.

Which is most likely a maintenance failure.

One thing that's come up in the news coverage is Electronically Controlled Pneumatic or ECP braking. First mandated, and then, in September 2018, Trump rescinded the mandate.

Electronically Controlled Pneumatic braking. Rescinded ? Why ?

Have you even researched the subject ? Do you even know why it was first mandated ? Do you even know why it was rescinded ? I thought not ! It is evident. Of course, you rely on the Democrat's media arm to educate you. Which means, you are not educated. Or, half educated.

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock