Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Carbon dioxide hysteria (Page 37)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Carbon dioxide hysteria by olejoedad
Started on: 12-09-2022 03:51 PM
Replies: 1696 (20287 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 04-25-2024 12:26 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2024 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Don't bogart that wall."

In search of more sustainable ways to build homes, some architects are turning to hemp, the sister plant to cannabis, which can be transformed into a building and insulating material called "hempcrete."

Research suggests that cultivating hemp can remove twice the amount of planet-warming carbon dioxide from the atmosphere as trees, for the same acreage. That's CO2 that is sequestered from the atmosphere for as long as the hempcrete construction remains undisturbed.

On top of being a carbon-negative crop, hemp continues to help reduce carbon dioxide pollution after it is turned into hempcrete.

Hempcrete is most suited for building internal walls and for insulation, but it can be used in roofs, attic spaces, and flooring screeds. Recently the material made headlines when a 12-story hotel was built mostly with hempcrete.

Want to know more?

"The Virtues of Hempcrete"
Becca Inglis for The Cool Down; January 28, 2024.
https://www.thecooldown.com...it-for-construction/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-28-2024).]

IP: Logged
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2024 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2024 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Take Five"

Why was 2023 the hottest year in the history of modern meteorological record keeping, which goes back to 1880?

Every month from June through December 2023 came in as the hottest month on record. July [2023] ranked as the hottest month ever recorded.

Five reasons, according to a new report from the NASA Earth Observatory:
  1. The long-term rise in greenhouse gases is the primary driver.
  2. The return of El Niño added to the heat.
  3. Globally, long-term ocean warming and hotter-than-normal sea surface temperatures played a part.
  4. Aerosols are decreasing, so they are no longer slowing the rise in temperatures.
  5. Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha‘apai volcanic eruption did not substantially add to the record heat.
Clearly, #3 overlaps with #1. Consensus climate researchers would describe #3 as a consequence #1.

https://earthobservatory.na...-record-heat-in-2023

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-28-2024).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2024 12:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Consensus climate researchers .....

ACTUAL SCIENCE IS NOT DONE BY CONCENSUS

POLITICS IS.....

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-29-2024).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2024 04:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ACTUAL SCIENCE IS NOT DONE BY CONCENSUS

POLITICS IS...

It's not a question of how science is "done." That's just word salad. It's a question of what divides "accepted" science" from "disputed" science, and that—by definition—requires the emergence of a consensus. Accepted science can change, but only through the emergence of a new and different consensus among scientists.

How to define or recognize a consensus among scientists... the "devil is in the details."

It's apparent that the article that I was just talking about is intended to represent some kind of consensus within NASA about climate and the year 2023—because of the way that the article is presented on an official NASA website. It's not singled out as a specific interpretation about climate and year 2023 from any one scientist—or any one group of scientists—within the NASA Earth Observatory. How else could it be described, as anything other than a presentation of some kind of consensus within NASA about climate and the year 2023?

There is no other logical way to describe it.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-29-2024).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2024 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Of course it's warming up....we are still coming out of an ice age.

https://youtu.be/lX1z_6pvM-Q?si=Fu3xCXdMgRCWhdaA
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2024 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
Of course it's warming up....we are still coming out of an ice age.

https://youtu....CXdMgRCWhdaA

This YouTube presentation posted by olejoedad features Patrick Moore.

I have two sizable reports that say "Patrick Moore is full of baloney."

Patrick Moore: a Review of 'Fake Invisible Catastrophes and Threats of Doom'

Analyzing the initial four chapters of Patrick Moore's recent climate-change denial book, Notes from the Road delivers a scathing critique, systematically debunking each chapter as a compilation of misinformation and pseudoscience.
Erik Gauger at Notes From The Road; December 15, 2023.
https://www.notesfromtheroa...20climate%20science.

At the Gate of Disaster

A case study on the promotion of climate science rejectionism by mainstream news outlets and e-commerce companies
Sean Holman; April 21, 2022.
https://factsandfrictions.c...rtfolio-item/holman/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-29-2024).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2024 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Of course you do.

Since science is now derived from concensus', I'm certain that you would be deemed 'full of baloney' by a concensus of members of this Forum.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2024 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Of course you do.

Since science is now derived from concensus', I'm certain that you would be deemed 'full of baloney' by a concensus of members of this Forum.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

CON-CENCUS WORLD WIDE IS AGAINST THE RUMP CULT'S HOPE&PREY OIL CORP IDEALS
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2024 06:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12550 posts
Member since Jan 2001
87 DEG f here yesterday

bet jan is a new rec here

real world data shows the lie
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2024 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

87 DEG f here yesterday

bet jan is a new rec here

real world data shows the lie

Where would you be living, if Jimmy Carter had not been elected?
PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2024 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The ridiculous idea of "consensus science" is simply the combination of two pernicious logical fallacies:

1. Argument Ad Populum

2. Appeal to (imagined) Authority

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2024 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13833 posts
Member since Mar 2006

The current 'climate' in most of the science community is that one isn't allowed to ask questions, one is just to accept the answers.

You should quit accepting what you are told without question.

It really limits your outlook of the world around you.

Godless Leftists have adopted a twisted, perverted, vision of "science" as their "religion" that must not be questioned.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2024 04:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Since science is now derived from "consensus," I'm certain that you would be deemed "full of baloney" by a consensus [among] members of this Forum.

I'm not saying that Patrick Moore is "full of baloney" simply because I found and posted two long articles that argue (in so many words) that Patrick Moore is full of baloney.

"Refresh my memory, rinse. Where did you post those articles?"
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...000494-37.html#p1446

More than anything else, my Reply message (#1446) is like a bookmark for me, in case I wanted to bring up Patrick Moore again and say something further about him.

I will remember having posted these articles, and even if I can't find my way back to Reply message #1446, I will likely remember enough to find the articles again online.

That is the meaning of Reply message #1446, even beyond its face value of expressing my skepticism about Patrick Moore.

It was forum member olejoedad that brought up Patrick Moore.

This is my idea of "How To Forum."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-30-2024).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2024 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
Glacial rock "flour" from Greenland eyed as an agricultural fertilizer "Friends with Benefits," countering human greenhouse gas emissions by absorbing CO2 from the atmosphere.

The first experiments with glacial rock flour from Greenland show that it can capture significant amounts of CO2 and provide a wider array of nutrients than commercial organic fertilizers, resulting in improved crop growth. In the long term, the glacial rock flour can be of great importance in stopping climate change. The researcher behind the studies calls it a "promising, scalable solution."

The Greenland ice sheet slowly pulverizes the rocky landscape that underlies it into a very fine mineral powder known as glacial "rock flour." Where visible, it looks like a grayish or gray-hued mud that is conspicuous against the otherwise lush green or snow-white landscape of Greenland.

"Nuuk Nuuk Nuuk"

The Three Stooges? Think again. Glacial rock flour is seen here in Nuuk Fjord.

Maybe this is a "Quantum of Solace" for humanity, as Greenland's glaciers continue to melt away in the planet's sadly overheated climate.

"Greenlandic glacial rock flour can help fight climate change"
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences; University of Copenhagen.
May 30, 2023.
https://healthsciences.ku.d...%20clim ate%20change.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-30-2024).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2024 01:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Sadly overheated climate"?

Really? We are coming out of an Ice Age. It gonna get warmer, no matter what we do (and carbon dioxide levels and other 'greenhouse gases' have nothing to do with it).

It's making Al Gore and China rich though.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Godless Leftists have adopted a twisted, perverted, vision of [science] as their "religion" that must not be questioned.

I won't pretend to be well schooled in Catholic doctrine, but I've read about it in the context of media reports about scientific topics like cosmology and evolution.

I think the Vatican is OK with—or down with, as a rap artist would say—the scientific view that the Earth is a sun-orbiting planet that coalesced from clouds of dust particles about 4.5 billion years ago, and that all the features of the world that we inhabit today—including ourselves—are the product of a continual process of evolution.

Every species of life that we see today, including ourselves, has emerged from a process of biological evolution that goes all the way back to the first life forms on the planet that were robust enough to keep on evolving, instead of going extinct at some point without having given rise to any (further) evolutionary descendants. I think that scientists are currently "eyeing" about 2 billion years ago when life forms that fit this description first emerged on the planet. (Give or take a billion? Close enough for this discussion.)

I think you have to be OK with all of that, in order to be receptive to the ideas that have taken hold among so many climate researchers: That the planet's climate is warming and warming rapidly; that most of this warming is being caused by a trend of accumulating greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, and that it is human life that is causing this accumulating trend of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere with fossil fuels, agriculture, livestock, deforestation, construction using concrete and other industrial processes. (People who follow the Science or Climate reporting from the mainstream news media "know the drill.")

Except for these particular aspects of contemporaneous human life—fossil fuels; etc.—the planet's climate would not be warming as rapidly as climate researchers say it is warming... so say many climate scientists and researchers.

I started by singling out Catholicism and the Vatican. That's because—to my awareness—the Vatican has been the most prominent among all faith-based organizations worldwide in terms of having a formalized interest in science. There's a long history to it.

People know about the Vatican (astronomical) Observatory. And Georges Lemaître, 1894-1966, a native of Belgium, a Catholic priest—and a so-called "father" of the Big Bang theory of the universe. Judging from photos I've seen, Lemaître, with chalk in hand and a blackboard behind him, could dole out the Greek-infused symbology of higher mathematics with the best of them.

Albert Einstein and Georges Lemaître, "mulling it over" in 1932.

"At the end of the day..."

“For the most part, it’s us and El Niño,” said Josh Willis, a climate scientist at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory. “At the end of the day, humans are heating the planet, and El Niño is dancing on our heads.”

This is a reference to 2023, which has been heralded by a number of climate researchers as likely the warmest year—in terms of global temperatures—that the planet has seen in about the last 800,000 years. (That's partly an inference, based on what is known about prehistoric percentages of atmospheric carbon dioxide.)

In other words, human greenhouse gas emissions are the reason that 2023 was remarkably "hot," and the oscillatory Pacific Ocean condition known as "El Niño" caused 2023 to be even a little bit hotter... as if the human greenhouse gas emissions were the jalapeños, and El Niño was like a ghost pepper that a somewhat cavalier-minded chef spontaneously decided to toss in for good measure.

I guess these are just the first thoughts that I have upon encountering that phrase "Godless Leftists" from one of the other forum members.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-31-2024).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 10:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, this whole earth/life stuff is a random accident.

Your 'religion' has no saving grace, and your 'science' has been hijacked by research grants.

You are confused by misinformation and a lack of scepticism of what you are fed by the liberal media.

You should learn to question what you think you know.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 11:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The position that ultimately prevailed within the Catholic Church was that the evolution of human beings at the physical level is consistent with the Catholic faith—as long as the spiritual soul is understood to have been conferred by God directly—not conferred by physical causes alone—upon the first human beings, as upon all subsequent human beings.

It should be noted that the popes whose statements were quoted above were not intending to give official “endorsements” of evolution. The popes and bishops have made clear repeatedly in recent decades that it is not the role of the Church, nor within her competence, to pass judgment on questions that belong to the empirical sciences.

Society of Catholic Scientists "common questions"
https://catholicscientists....olution-in-the-past/

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 03:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010

NREL researcher Jordan Macknick provides [a very brief] overview of NREL’s agrivoltaics research.

How brief..? Not even two minutes. NREL is acronymic for National Renewable Energy Laboratory, which is part of the U.S. Department of Energy.

Agrivoltaics is—wait for it—a portmanteau, derived from Agriculture and Voltaics... as in Solar Voltaic Energy... energy from solar panels or cells.

Agrivoltaics is—drum roll, please—"Two Things at Once."

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 04:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Yup, this whole earth/life stuff is a random accident.
. . .

It's not a random accident if you have faith that it is God's design that the universe unpacks in a way that includes a planet Earth that coalesced from solar dust clouds about 4.5 billion years ago, and a universe that includes humans that are the result of evolutionary processes that started at least a billion years ago with the emergence of much simpler life forms.

What have you got that's more credible than that?

There's nothing in what could be called the "Vatican narrative"—Reply Message #1458—that consigns human values like morality, purpose and Free Will to the dustbin... if you have faith. And faith is all you can have, because there's no scientific proof of God.

I see olejoedad climbing onto a tree limb and sawing the limb off behind him... to invoke that old saw.

PFF
System Bot
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 05:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Things are heating up in Mexico, still, and that's alright.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hace calor,...y caliente, tambien!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

It's not a random accident if you have faith that it is God's design that the universe unpacks in a way that includes a planet Earth that coalesced from solar dust clouds about 4.5 billion years ago, and a universe that includes humans that are the result of evolutionary processes that started at least a billion years ago with the emergence of much simpler life forms.

What have you got that's more credible than that?

There's nothing in what could be called the "Vatican narrative"—Reply Message #1458—that consigns human values like morality, purpose and Free Will to the dustbin... if you have faith. And faith is all you can have, because there's no scientific proof of God.

I see olejoedad climbing onto a tree limb and sawing the limb off behind him... to invoke that old saw.

That's a conflation of science and religion.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2024 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
John Podesta slated to succeed John Kerry as President Biden's international envoy for climate-related issues:

Ella Nilsen for CNN; January 31, 2024.
https://www.cnn.com/2024/01...ate-envoy/index.html

In a related development, a coalition of native tribes and environmental and archaeological-minded activists has taken up a legal tomahawk in an effort to block the $10 billion "SunZia" wind energy transmission project in the nation's southwest.

John Podesta has been trying to clear the remaining obstacles in SunZia's path and make the behemoth green energy project a reality.

Susan Montoya Bryan and Ken Ritter report for AP News:
https://apnews.com/article/...fc0ae2aee4a0777be92f

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2024 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The incoming Cascadia M9 will expel immense amounts of CO², triggering massive volcanic eruptions, expelling immense amounts of CO², messing with the economic security of the Nation.
A doomsday result, harsh realities to be confronted, the rebuilding of destroyed infrastructure, all the bridges, railways, roads, buildings, homes, pipelines, power transmission, total destruction.
See, Mother Nature is a mean mother, doesn't care about you, and will drown you, or burn you, crush you, real nasty mother.
Doomed !
An earthquake so large, that tsunamis will be generated on the Great Lakes.
Go ahead, ask Al Gore, he'll tell you the truth, you are doomed !
' Please send your contributions to Al Gore inc., c/o Florida Beach Estates, Florida, 223 Sunset Ave, Palm Beach, FL 33480, United States '
Al Gore's beach views
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2024 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Valkrie9

1481 posts
Member since Jan 2021

Proving that climate alarmism is a plot by marxist zombies intent on world domination.
' If you want to be nice, stop breathing, decadent Americans, we will rule the world ! '
Ah.. gfy, Russian trolls.
' I repeat what I am told.. I repeat what I am told.. I repeat what I am told.. '
' Da.. Da.. Da.. '
Zombies blocking the Five interstate in climate protest were trampled by big rigs, rendering them to thin roadkill, horribly ending the protest, cleanup crews equipped with shovels and power washers were on the scene quickly, helicoptered in, rappelling down to the site at the offramp to Burbank, the traffic backed up all the way out to Bakersfield, a total jam, totally stopped, burning fuel.
An ironic result of climate wingnuts pucking things up for the rational citizens trying to go about their lives without interference or dictates from wannabee Hitlers.
' Yeah, sure, we use plastic bags to hold the mess, we gave up on the paper bags long ago, always leaking the nasty, it's all going to the dump anyways ! '
' Maybe, like, standing in the freeway is a bad idea ! '
' Yeah, that must be true, like. '

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post02-03-2024 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll just leave this here.

"Volvo, An Early Electric Car Adopter, Cuts Off Funding For Its EV Affiliate"
https://www.wsj.com/busines...in-polestar-85e29826

And this.

"Why carbon dioxide is actually good for the greening of the planet"
Despite claims of its significant role in climate change, the effect of carbon dioxide on temperatures is minimal, even if its concentration doubled.

https://www.lifesitenews.co...ening-of-the-planet/

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2024 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Total destruction forecast for the PNW, the Cascadia M9 wrecking the whole thing, for sure, like, 100 % for sure, ' You can bet your house on it ! '
CO² ? The volcanoes are going to blow up ! CO² is the least of our problems when the earthquake wrecks all the buildings, bridges, railroads !
So, the Olympic Peninsula moves fifty meters north west again, the entire Oregon and Washington coasts subsides ten meters, an enormous tsunami comes ashore, wiping out ' all of it ! '.
California cracks off, a slight movement, A vast canyon from Eugene to Grants Pass, following the Five Interstate south to Redding, the Sacramento Valley too, drops ten meters, a wave coming in, flooding Bakersfield.
A destuctor, the largest earthquake on earth, wrecking the nation, unprepared to recover from a bad mother nature.
How bad could it get ? Six months without food or water, zero help from anyone, no rescue from total destruction.
' Oh ! Those poor people, they knew a calamity was coming, but did nothing to prepare, didn't stockpile food and water, basic survival supplies, medicines. '
' The Sky is Falling ! The Earth is Quaking ! '
CO² ?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-04-2024 05:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I'll just leave this here.

"Volvo, An Early Electric Car Adopter, Cuts Off Funding For Its EV Affiliate"
https://www.ws...tar-85e29826

And this:

"Why carbon dioxide is actually good for the greening of the planet"
Despite claims of its significant role in climate change, the effect of carbon dioxide on temperatures is minimal, even if its concentration doubled.
https://www.li...-the-planet/

Raydar leaves two things, and my attention is drawn to the second thing, which describes some of the ideas of William Happer, Ph.D., professor emeritus of physics at Princeton University and former scientific adviser to the Bush and Trump administrations.

According to William Happer, carbon dioxide or CO2 is the greatest thing since sliced bread... well, before sliced bread.

William Happer argues that allowing the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere to increase over its current level of about 420 ppm would be a "good" thing. According to Happer, it would make for a "greener" or more plant-friendly climate, and humans would benefit.

He's arguing against the idea that there's a climate crisis of global warming, driven by human emissions of greenhouse gases, among which CO2 leads the list.

I am here to leave some cautionary notes about the thinking of William Happer; to wit:

"Plants Are Struggling to Keep Up with Rising Carbon Dioxide Concentrations"
Brief (less than 2 minutes) YouTube video presentation from NASA; December 18, 2020.
https://youtu.be/P0XMTDTw46o

"Humans Are Officially Greening the Earth. Is That a Good Thing?"

Chi Chen, a Boston University graduate researcher, and Ranga Myneni, a BU professor of earth and environment, are the lead and senior authors of a new paper in Nature Sustainability that reveals how humans are influencing the Earth’s plant and tree cover. On the surface, it may look like a no-brainer that “greening” of the planet would be a good thing for reducing atmospheric carbon. But taking a closer look, the authors help us see that "not all leaves grow up to be equals."
The Brink (Boston University); February 11, 2019.
https://www.bu.edu/articles...s-that-a-good-thing/

"Response to Climate Skeptic William Happer’s September 12, 2017 Presentation from a 'Mainstream' Climate Scientist"

Happer argues that the current concern over human-caused greenhouse gases is overblown.
Although [Happer] clearly understands basic climate science, his presentation includes claims that are exaggerated, misleading, or incorrect regarding human-caused climate change. His presentation
is entertaining, but he argues in many places against claims that climate scientists do not make. . . .
Jason West, Associate Professor, Environmental Sciences & Engineering, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
https://west.web.unc.edu/wp...ResponseToHapper.pdf

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-06-2024).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2024 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I will just FLOAT this two-minute corporate "teaser" here.

BW Ideol is a leading fully integrated platform in floating offshore wind with more than 13 years of experience from design, execution and development of floating wind projects based on our patented floating offshore wind technology and engineering capabilities. The company has a dual-leg growth strategy as a floater EPCI and maintenance services provider and as a wind farm project developer and co-owner. BW Ideol has two full-scale offshore floating wind turbines in operation in France and Japan, a significant project pipeline, and is supported by BW Offshore's extensive experience from developing and operating offshore energy production systems.
Posted to YouTube on January 24.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2024 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Exposing the wind power racket......

https://youtu.be/Gj21OgevMwU?si=H2vlyhA8S4bzA8iH
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2024 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

' All you kids ought to get ready for what's coming ! '
A full rip of the Cascadia Mega Fault Earthquake, cracking the Coast from the mainland, like Vancouver island was parted from BC, long ago, by giant earthquakes.

Full Rip 9.0

CO², the gas pressure beneath the Cascade Mountain range, contained today by the immense compression exerted by the Pacific plate movement of the last 324 years.
Mt Baker, popping it's top off like another Mazama.. Crater Lake, wrecking everything for hundreds of miles, Rainier too pops, flowing gigantic mud down to Tacoma, burying.. everything.
A climatic apocalypse, chilling the entire planet, causing crop failures, snow in July, in Saskatchewan, volcanic ash clouds circling the northern hemisphere, inducing a mini ice age.

View bearing 120° 80 miles to Baker.
Reality stranger than fiction, what Hollywood can fake, a heroic savior dangling from a helicopter to rescue the damsel in distress.
Having an ash fall of several feet in Vancouver is sure to ruin the buzz, the liquefaction of the city's foundation soil causing collapse of most of the high rise buildings, big badda boom !
Seattle slides into Elliot Bay, a stinking floating mess, bubbles popping on the surface, reeking of excrement, no surprise.
M9: The Largest Earthquakes on Earth Happen in BC

Dr. Diego Melgar @ PSU
Men, experts, are working on the problem as we speak.. no room for speculative navel gazing or wishful dismissals.
The San Andreas fault, triggered by the M9, slides and subsides the LA Basin a few meters into the Pacific, flooding San Bernardino, a massive cracking of the entire state.

The forecast is a terrible disaster, just like in the movie, only worse !

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 02-08-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2024 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Valkrie9:
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

' All you kids ought to get ready for what's coming ! '

доброе утро! Y'all...

On a side note: If you look at the names of the songwriters, Reynolds was a member of the band, some will know Riopelle, and Margolin is Stuart Margolin, "Angel" from "The Rockford Files"

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 02-07-2024).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2024 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

25 miles of movement, over the course of many M9 Earthquakes, 50 meters at a time, on average.
Doing the math, 800 M9 earthquakes to move the Olympic Peninsula the 40 kilometers west to where it is today.
The movement induced by the slope of the backside of the seismic waves, momentum, friction, frequency, roughness, takes a supercomputer to calculate the motion, if you could derive a formula based on observable phenomena. It is plainly obvious that the Olympic has moved, which must of course be the result of immense dissipation of energy, tectonic thrust, expansion.
800 X ~ 250 years = 200K years of M9 Earthquakes, a mere blip in time, on a geological scale.
Does not bode well for Aberdeen, subsiding below sea level, a yawning crevasse cracking the mountain range off the mainland, the Pacific washing in.
CO² released from beneath the Cascades, cracking the volcanoes open, the containment pressure allowing the gas to push the molten rock out, Mt St Helens X 10K, huge ! Mazama scale eruptions, giant !
A bad year to be on the Coast, muss your hair, for sure.

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2024 08:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Standing on shore of Apodaca Provincial Park with a tripod and a long lens aiming at the peak of Mt Baker, the volcano, overlooking the idyllic cottage retreats on Passage Island, an 80 mile view on a clear day, glorious.
Making the scale of destruction of the coming M9 beyond belief, the entire standing structures in the photo collapsed, and further south along the western seaboard of the continent, the San Andreas triggered by the massive movement, San Diego too. Portland falls into rubble of bricks and broken concrete, the bridges down, giant fires burning, all the fuel tanks ignited, can't be put out.
A disaster of biblical proportions, like the stories of the Pharoah's plagues, also a volcanic explosion, Thera, Atlantis, ~1620 bce, nature a mean mother, again.
An end to the Constitutional Republic, never recovering from nature's violent motion, the big vibrations of the ocean's floor, nine minutes of shock.
The Golden Gate bridge too, ruined, never to be rebuilt, all the bridges along the coast highway, wrecked, landslides, giant earthquakes of that scale never imagined by the designers.
What can humanity do to avoid the calamity ?
Not much, other than drill to relieve CO² pressure, a dangerous effort.
Planet Vulcan, shaking it up.
The largest Earthquakes on Earth, forever.
Failure to prepare is certain to have existential consequences.
A coming doom, an end to prosperity and way of life.
Lo ! Thy fate is ruin !
Let's ask Al Gore what to do, he is sure to have a solution !

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2024 08:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"PEACE OUT" WITH PACE

NASA’s PACE (Plankton, Aerosol, Cloud, ocean Ecosystem) spacecraft has successfully made contact with ground stations back on Earth providing teams with early readings of its overall status, health, operation, and capabilities postlaunch.

A full post-launch assessment review to determine PACE’s readiness to move into the operational phase of its mission will be conducted in the coming weeks.

Information collected throughout PACE’s mission will benefit society in the areas of ocean health, harmful algal bloom monitoring, ecological forecasting, and air quality. PACE also will contribute new global measurements of ocean color, cloud properties, and aerosols, which will be essential to understanding the global carbon cycle and ocean ecosystem responses to a changing climate.

The PACE’s mission is designed to last at least three years, though the spacecraft is loaded with enough propellant to expand that timeline more than three times as long.
Jamie Groh for NASA Blogs PACE; February 8, 2024.
https://blogs.nasa.gov/pace/

For more about the launch of the PACE mission:
https://www.nasa.gov/news-r...dy-ocean-atmosphere/

To "drill down" into the science goals of the PACE mission and some detail about how the PACE satellite works:
https://pace.oceansciences.org/science.htm

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-08-2024).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2024 06:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Imminent doom !
Thy fate is ruin !
Pacific Northwest Earthquake Forum
CO² gas pressure below the Baker volcano is a clue, that may signal the big event, that, and the acoustic noise the colliding tectonic plates generate.
The Really Big One !

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 02-11-2024).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2024 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Have some of this "Danish" why dontcha...

The U.S. Department of Energy and Innovation Fund Denmark announce $4 Million in funding for engineering innovations to advance the objectives of the Department of Energy's "Floating Offshore Wind Shot."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-12-2024).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2024 09:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where does the money come from for the climate change 'journalists'.....

https://www.realclearpoliti...nalism___150480.html
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock