Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Carbon dioxide hysteria (Page 22)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Carbon dioxide hysteria by olejoedad
Started on: 12-09-2022 03:51 PM
Replies: 1696 (20286 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 04-25-2024 12:26 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 07:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fats:
Go plant some trees and stop whining on the power consuming internet if you really care.

I like being aware of the projects that I messaged about in my previous post, and I like being aware that "Fats" doesn't like being aware of the projects that I posted about in my previous message. (See what I diid there? I interchanged "message" and "post.")

If that's whining, then so be it. I like to do it. It's a thoroughly idle recreation, but I like to do it. "Fats" can't change that with his tiresomely ignorant and altogether incurious "plant some trees" sloganizing, and I like that he can't change it.

"What's not to like?" is the tagline that applies here in spades... for me.

"Fats" may not be interested in Climate, but Climate is interested in "Fats"... and everyone else.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-19-2023).]

IP: Logged
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
I like being aware of the projects that I messaged about in my previous posts, ...

What makes you think we like what you are aware about ?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
What makes you think we like what you are aware about?

What makes you think that I think that you and Fats (and whoever else falls under your use of "we") like what I like being aware of?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What makes you think that I think that you and Fats (and whoever else falls under your use of "we") like what I like being aware of?

I like green popcorn. Should I post every time I have it ?

Have you ever had a positive response to your Global Warning fear ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I like green popcorn. Should I post every time I have it?

Have you ever had a positive response to your Global Warning fear?

The positive responses are plain to see in these threads. Two, maybe three other forum members that come to mind, from recent posts.

This is not because I am fearful for myself or even fearful for humanity about what's happening, in terms of these climate mitigation and climate adaptation topics. I've made that very clear.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 01:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The positive responses are plain to see in these threads. Two, maybe three other forum members that come to mind, from recent posts.

When did they last start a thread about Global Warming ?

rinselberg, I wouldn't care if not for the fact that the Global Warming lie was told so many times and not challenged. Many young people have been indoctrinated to believe it's real. To the point of them fearful about having children.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35939 posts
Member since Jun 2003

This is not because I am fearful for myself or even fearful for humanity about what's happening, in terms of these climate mitigation and climate adaptation topics. I've made that very clear.

What drives your infatuation ?
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What drives your (rinselberg's) infatuation ?

Just the fact that he lives rent-free in your head might be enough.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-19-2023).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 05:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:
Just the fact that he lives rent-free in your head might be enough.

Might be ? Let him answer. He does not live rent free in my head. Global Warming lives in everyone's head. The lie must be challenged.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He does not live rent free in my head.

Geez, I dunno Cliff... it appears you have little interest of interacting on this forum without dumping on rinselberg. JazzMan used to be your target.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Geez, I dunno Cliff... it appears you have little interest of interacting on this forum without dumping on rinselberg. JazzMan used to be your target.

Poor JazzMan... he went ape-**** on me once when I made a picture that said "JazzMan" on the top and showed a silhouette of a person playing the saxophone with some palm trees in the background.

He was so incredibly offended, but never gave any reason why, and lost his **** and quit the board a day or so later (not BECAUSE I made the picture, but apparently it didn't help).
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What drives your infatuation?

I don't think it's fundamentally different for me than when I avidly followed the Apollo missions. This is another kind of exploration. An exploration of how civilization could be reinvented to drastically reduce CO2 and other greenhouse gas emissions, and (likely) amplify natural processes and create new processes that remove CO2 from the atmosphere, and even (extrapolating further) purposely fog up the atmosphere or engineer a lunar dust cloud in orbit to create a planetary-sized sun shield for the earth.

As I've said, I'm an Institutionalist, and this is the work of a variety of public and private institutions: NASA. NOAA. A great many four-year colleges and universities around the country and around the world. The Department of Energy. The IPCC.

These are only the first among the veritable "galaxy" of institutions and organizations that come to mind. It's a big "effin'" deal. Even if it continues to fall short of what many climate researchers and "boffins" are calling for.

?

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 07:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

Poor JazzMan... he went ape-**** on me once when I made a picture that said "JazzMan" on the top and showed a silhouette of a person playing the saxophone with some palm trees in the background.

Link?

He was so incredibly offended, but never gave any reason why, and lost his **** and quit the board a day or so later (not BECAUSE I made the picture, but apparently it didn't help).

JazzMan was "on the spectrum". Certain individuals on the forum took full advantage of this, for years(!), and eventually pushed him over the edge. IMO, it was shameful behavior by those involved. JazzMan was a knowledgeable Fiero guy, and him leaving PFF was an unfortunate loss to the forum.
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Link?

JazzMan was "on the spectrum". Certain individuals on the forum took full advantage of this, for years(!), and eventually pushed him over the edge. IMO, it was shameful behavior by those involved. JazzMan was a knowledgeable Fiero guy, and him leaving PFF was an unfortunate loss to the forum.

I tried to find it like a year ago, but I think all of those threads were deleted. I also tried to find the original picture I made, and I couldn't find it either.

I was kind of bummed, because I actually made it in good fun for him, like... it was not at all to make fun of him, but instead almost to kind of honor his alias/name. I mean, it was literally a rectangle, with a setting sun and palm trees with a silhouette of a sax player, and it said "JazzMan" at the top...

I didn't take it personally, but I did feel bad knowing that he was insulted by it for some reason and possibly contributed to his exit. At no point did I make fun of him.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I tried to find it like a year ago, but I think all of those threads were deleted.

Cliff Pennock definitely does not make it common practice to delete threads. I suspect either your google skillz are lacking and/or the threads were moved to The Trash Can.

I didn't take it personally, but I did feel bad knowing that he was insulted by it for some reason and possibly contributed to his exit. At no point did I make fun of him.

Towards the end of his stay here, JazzMan was basically shell-shocked from the continual harassment by certain individuals. i recall that he started to lash out at inappropriate times. He got upset with me over a totally innocuous comment I had made. I reminded JazzMan that I was not his enemy, but I could see that this was not going to end well. And it didn't.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-19-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-19-2023 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"Everything Everywhere All at Once"

"Climate talks chief, who also heads oil company, says world must ‘attack all emissions, everywhere’"

BERLIN (AP) — The head of this year’s United Nations climate talks called Thursday for governments and businesses to tackle global warming by reducing greenhouse gas emissions in all regions and sectors if they want to stop the planet from passing a key temperature limit agreed on more than seven years ago.

Sultan al-Jaber of the United Arab Emirates, who also heads one of the country’s state oil companies, told senior officials from Europe, Canada and China gathered in Brussels that record-breaking heat seen across the world recently shows the need for urgent action to curb emissions.

Laying out his strategy for the upcoming COP28 global climate talks in Dubai this fall, al-Jaber said that leaders “must be brutally honest” about what has caused the sharp rise in temperatures since pre-industrial times and how to stop them from climbing further. . . .

Frank Jordans for AP; July 13, 2023.
https://apnews.com/article/...f9acbde6fbf12acaa4ae
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 06:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Geez, I dunno Cliff...

You don't know !
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 06:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35939 posts
Member since Jun 2003

JazzMan used to be your target.

Only because he used to demand no topic conversation can mention politics.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 06:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35939 posts
Member since Jun 2003

JazzMan was "on the spectrum". Certain individuals on the forum took full advantage of this, for years(!), and eventually pushed him over the edge. IMO, it was shameful behavior by those involved.

On the spectrum ? I think you mean his autism.

Took advantage of it ? Patric, my Grandson who lives with me, has autism. My Wife and I have been caring for a mentally needy individual for more than 20 years. She also lives with us, and we have bonded like family.

For you to assign motives for the way people treated JazzMan (James), don't believe everything you think .

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 06:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35939 posts
Member since Jun 2003

United Nations climate talks called Thursday for governments and businesses to tackle global warming by reducing greenhouse gas emissions in all regions and sectors if they want to stop the planet from passing a key temperature limit agreed on more than seven years ago.

What was that key temperature limit ? What is it now ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 07-20-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 07:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What was that key temperature limit? What is it now?

The limit is 1.5 degrees Celsius warmer than the pre-industrial baseline. The world is now close to that limit. It is currently 1.2 degrees warmer than the pre-industrial baseline.

Celsius, not Fahrenheit.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-20-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff Pennock definitely does not make it common practice to delete threads. I suspect either your google skillz are lacking and/or the threads were moved to The Trash Can.

Towards the end of his stay here, JazzMan was basically shell-shocked from the continual harassment by certain individuals. i recall that he started to lash out at inappropriate times. He got upset with me over a totally innocuous comment I had made. I reminded JazzMan that I was not his enemy, but I could see that this was not going to end well. And it didn't.

Cliff Pennock definitely does not WANT to... for a variety of reasons. But Cliff basically deleted (almost?) everything posted by JazzMan, and any threads started by him as well.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 08:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Celsius, not Fahrenheit.

Speak English .

The limit is 1.5 degrees Celsius warmer than the pre-industrial baseline. The world is now close to that limit. It is currently 1.2 degrees warmer than the pre-industrial baseline.

How was that limit decided ? What happens when the world reaches .6 degrees warmer ? Is the world going to melt ?

CO2 levels have been higher, sometimes, before the pre-industrial baseline ? How did that happen ? Did the world melt ?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 08:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35939 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Cliff basically deleted (almost?) everything posted by JazzMan, and any threads started by him as well.

Not true. JazzMan deleted them. He left one in Tech that said all posts were deleted by request of cliffw. Cliff said he could restore them but, we have self determination.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 09:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How was that limit decided? What happens when the world reaches .6 degrees warmer? Is the world going to melt?

CO2 levels have been higher, sometimes, before the pre-industrial baseline? How did that happen? Did the world melt?

I may have something about this as the day wears on.

I think the battery that powers my wireless mouse needs to be replaced, and I don't have one, and until I do that, it's too much of a hassle to try to work up a "serious" forum post on this topic. The functioning of the mouse is intermittent. And that's not helpful.

So just keep this in the back of your mind... a possibility as the day wears on.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 05:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

On the spectrum ? I think you mean his autism.

Took advantage of it ? Patric, my Grandson who lives with me, has autism. My Wife and I have been caring for a mentally needy individual for more than 20 years.

One would think then that you would've felt a bit of empathy towards JazzMan's condition. Instead, you pushed his buttons even harder.

Only because he used to demand no topic conversation can mention politics.

So because JazzMan didn't wish "politics" to pollute non-political thread topics, you felt it was your duty to do just that... over and over again. And why? I suspect you got a rise from upsetting him.

For you to assign motives for the way people treated JazzMan (James), don't believe everything you think.

I "think" several members of the forum were complete azzholes to JazzMan. I believed it then, and I continue to believe it now.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-20-2023).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 05:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Patrick

36413 posts
Member since Apr 99

Cliff Pennock... basically deleted (almost?) everything posted by JazzMan, and any threads started by him as well.

Incorrect. Towards the end of his stay here, JazzMan was psychologically "broken" by the continual harassment by certain forum members. He then unfortunately acted in a totally irrational manner... which included deleting much of the valuable technical knowledge he had contributed to the forum. It was a sad and ugly period in PFF history.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-20-2023 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Summer June 1 - July 19, 2023 so far across the Lower 48 states has seen near normal temperatures: +0.07°C

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 07-20-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2023 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Eliminate the data from June and start from July 1, and the temperatures look more global "warmy" on the whole, with the exception of that green area that stretches across the Great Plains.

Keep in mind that maps like these, of the 48 contiguous United States or CONUS, represent less than 2 percent of the entire surface area of the planet.

These are some current and recent article banners from the Washington Post:
  • Inside the most extreme heat wave the Southern U.S. has faced
  • We are living through Earth’s hottest month on record, scientists say
  • Southern Europe soars to record temperatures as heat wave peaks
  • The heat index reached 152 degrees in the Middle East — nearly at the limit for human survival

NBC News:
  • Meteorologists say Earth sizzled to a global heat record in June, and July has been getting hotter
  • Heat continues to blast much of the U.S. as another Phoenix record falls
  • 'It just keeps going': Hospital burn units fill up as relentless heat bakes the Southwest

CNN:
  • Ocean heat around Florida is ‘unprecedented,’ and scientists are warning of major impacts

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-21-2023).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2023 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So because JazzMan didn't wish "politics" to pollute non-political thread topics, you felt it was your duty to do just that... over and over again. And why? I suspect you got a rise from upsetting him.

Yes. It seemed like every thread that did turn political, JazzMan hooped and hollered that it did. He even started threads that said "The non-political thread" about the threads that turned political. They had maybe three responses. They died quick.
JazzMan wanted to shut down what we wanted to say. Because he could not debate it to where he would be correct.

One would think then that you would've felt a bit of empathy towards JazzMan's condition. Instead, you pushed his buttons even harder.

Yes, and I throw rocks at puppies. I have never been a bully ! My empathy cup overflows.
Pray do tell, why do you think I would be out to get JazzMan ?

I have already posted why I hounded him. I have experience with dealing with autism. Most are smart mo fo's but struggle with real life interaction.

I "think" several members of the forum were complete azzholes to JazzMan. I believed it then, and I continue to believe it now.

I have already said "don't believe every thing you think". Believe anything you want to !

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-21-2023 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CO2 levels have been higher, sometimes, before the pre-industrial baseline? How did that happen? Did the world melt?

Back by Popular Demand, with an All-Star Cast, it's "800,000 Years of Carbon Dioxide"

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

This is a plot of global atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2) in parts per million (ppm) for the past 800,000 years based on ice-core data (purple line) compared to 2021 concentration (dark purple dot).

The peaks and valleys in the line track ice ages (low CO2) and warmer interglacials (higher CO2). Throughout that time, CO2 was never higher than 300 ppm (light purple dot, between 300,000 and 400,000 years ago). Now it has reached 420 ppm. The increase over the last 60 years is 100 times faster than previous natural increases.

On the geologic time scale, the increase from the end of the last ice age to the present looks virtually instantaneous.

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; U.S. Department of Commerce.
https://www.climate.gov/new...heric-carbon-dioxide

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-21-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2023 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Go plant some trees and stop whining on the power consuming internet if you really care.

MSNBC's Ali Velshi has some first rate whining on tap in this near 7-minute video segment. The man can whine. He even whines about coal and the greenhouse (global warming) effect, bringing up a report that was published more than 100 years ago in Popular Mechanics,
https://www.msnbc.com/ali-v...ampaign-189064261645

How's this for whining?

As the globe bakes under some of the longest, hottest heat waves in recorded history, reducing emissions to curb climate change is clearly an existential imperative. But climate change driven by human activity and the burning of fossil fuels has been in the news for more than 110 years. By the 1980’s, Congress was already seriously discussing the need to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. So what happened?

[Starting in the 1980's] the fossil fuel industry set out to reshape the narrative surrounding climate change, global warming, and the consequences of burning fossil fuels. It's a decades-long, multi-billion dollar campaign to influence our politics, gaslight people to question [the scientific consensus on human greenhouse gas emissions as the main cause of recent and continuing global warming] and maintain our addiction to fossil fuels.
July 22, 2023

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 07-22-2023).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-22-2023 07:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have experience with dealing with autism... My empathy cup overflows.

Yeah, it was evident with the way you treated JazzMan. Drove him over the edge and right out of the forum. That may not have been your objective, but that's exactly what eventually happened.

You might try a different approach next time.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 07:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yeah, it was evident with the way you treated JazzMan. Drove him over the edge and right out of the forum. That may not have been your objective, but that's exactly what eventually happened.

You might try a different approach next time.

How would you deal with a person who demanded their way all the time ? Who had no empathy for others desire to post what they do ?
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Well, now that we have despoiled so many beautiful places on the Earth with wind farms and solar farms, let's go after the oceans and shorelines.

I certainly hope that someone perfects electrical generation from tidal action, it would be invisible, perpetual and not dependent on the weather.

weather does have a MAJOR effect on tides
and tide energy needs structures

lots of sealions here
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 09:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
weather does have a MAJOR effect on tides

How ? What kind of weather produces a new high tide ? What kind of weather produces a low tide ? Tides are like clock work. Weather is not.

and tide energy needs structures

What kind of structures ? Perhaps our Moon ?

lots of sealions here

What does that have to do with gas prices ?

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How ? What kind of weather produces a new high tide ? What kind of weather produces a low tide ? Tides are like clock work. Weather is not.

hi pressure or low air pressure moves water as does wind
extreme example is storm surge up to 20 ft of extra ''tide''
but even most weather does effect tides a bit not just hurricanes

not the moon
you need to confine direct extract the energy
and it is constant changing rates not ever smooth even flow
plus it changes directions in and out and slacks too

What does that have to do with gas prices ?

see lying about many different parts of the whole mess
in fact that is the most often used RWNJ response
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 04:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How would you deal with a person who demanded their way all the time ?

No one ever suggested that you had to "deal" with JazzMan at all... but you made the decision of your own volition that you were going to straighten him out to your liking because you had "experience with dealing with autism"... and oh yeah, your "empathy cup overflows". Worked out really well, didn't it.

...(JazzMan) had no empathy for others desire to post what they do

Wow, that's an interesting way of desperately trying to totally flip the blame for what happened... but I guess you've had years to convince yourself that you weren't the least bit responsible for what unfortunately transpired.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 07-23-2023).]

fredtoast

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post07-23-2023 08:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fredtoastSend a Private Message to fredtoastEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

How would you deal with a person who demanded their way all the time ?

You mean some one who claims that no one has any right to control anything he does because he is FREE!!

Or maybe someone who insists that things they do not agree with can not be spoken about in public because that is "cramming it down his throat"?

Those the type of people you are talking about?

Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post07-23-2023 11:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's cut emissions by having rolling blackouts.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 07-23-2023).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock