Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Carbon dioxide hysteria (Page 28)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Carbon dioxide hysteria by olejoedad
Started on: 12-09-2022 03:51 PM
Replies: 1696 (20286 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 04-25-2024 12:26 PM
cliffw

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2023 03:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cvxjet:
It is well known that the Oil Industry has spent BILLIONS of dollars hiring FAILED/Out of WORK scientists to run the "No Climate change/anthropogenic Global warming" BS up the public's keisters....

As freddy toasted would say, your opinion does not equal fact.

More and more scientists are acknowledging that we are in for a real disaster- even most farmers are now acknowledging the coming disaster. Your grandchildren WILL starve because of inability to predict weather accurately enough to grow crops...Of course, you ultra-conservatives all eat beef only- and you don't need crops of any sort to feed cattle...."right"?

Too funny.

I am not worried about my grandchildren. I am worried about yours.
IP: Logged
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2023 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Do you think an increase of one degree in 100 years..

That's about what's already happenedβ€”but not what consensus climate researchers expect for the next 100 years, without massive reductions in human-attributable greenhouse gas emissions.

Celsius is the preferred temperature scale for scientific research.

A temperature difference of 1.0 degree Celsius is the same as a temperature difference of 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit.

If you say "one degree" without specifying Celsius or Fahrenheit, you haven't said anything.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2023 04:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

That's about what's already happenedβ€”but not what consensus climate researchers expect for the next 100 years, without massive reductions in human-attributable greenhouse gas emissions.

Celsius is the preferred temperature scale for scientific research.

A temperature difference of 1.0 degree Celsius is the same as a temperature difference of 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit.

If you say "one degree" without specifying Celsius or Fahrenheit, you haven't said anything.

I am offended by both Celsius and Fahrenheit. I demand that everyone stop using the "F" word or the "C" word. We should just start using the Kelvin scale. That would show that we are woke. No temperature would ever have to bear the stigma of being negative. What I really want to know is: was Lord Kelvin a Leftist?

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 10-22-2023).]

cvxjet

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2023 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cvxjetSend a Private Message to cvxjetEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cliff- you get every drop of "info" from Faux news which is controlled by Vlady (Your hero) and also the Oil Industry- which obviously wants the US of A to go away- the Oil industry wants a thugocracy where they just pay off the big guy and don't have to worry about lawsuits or such. The oil industry HATES America...They keep jacking the price of oil so our economy will go in the crapper (I know- the oil industry is really hurting- that is why their profits are up 60-70%(Poor babies)

The proof of your complete lack of factual info is that you voted for the "Great Lord Trumpy" and believe he is the "Second coming of Jesus"...10-15 years ago EVERYONE knew that Trump was a complete piece of crap, liar, cheat, etc...But now you grovel at his feet demanding that America be converted into a fascist state where the great trump can do no wrong- and anyone who says "no" to him will be executed.

I see why you "conservatives"- and the BL (only)M fools- worship Vlady....he is destroying America and hasn't had to fire a shot.

What would Ike and Teddy say about your delusions?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2023 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They would say, "We never, ever do nothin' nice and easy"

I got to see them just a couple of months before this was filmed.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2023 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That gold dress certainly shakes and shimmies on Teddy.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2023 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff- you get every drop of "info" from Faux news which is controlled by Vlady (Your hero) and also the Oil Industry- which obviously wants the US of A to go away- the Oil industry wants a thugocracy where they just pay off the big guy and don't have to worry about lawsuits or such. The oil industry HATES America...They keep jacking the price of oil so our economy will go in the crapper (I know- the oil industry is really hurting- that is why their profits are up 60-70%(Poor babies)

The proof of your complete lack of factual info is that you voted for the "Great Lord Trumpy" and believe he is the "Second coming of Jesus"...10-15 years ago EVERYONE knew that Trump was a complete piece of crap, liar, cheat, etc...But now you grovel at his feet demanding that America be converted into a fascist state where the great trump can do no wrong- and anyone who says "no" to him will be executed.

I see why you "conservatives"- and the BL (only)M fools- worship Vlady....he is destroying America and hasn't had to fire a shot.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 10-22-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2023 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I remember when they put modern instrumental measurement data collectors at locations which exaggerated the "data".

That's too vague to predicate an "rinselberg" investigation using online sources to close in on exactly what that is a reference to.

But I do remember reports of this kind, about data that was contaminated because the sensors or recording stations were positioned too close to an unnatural heat source, or a point source of carbon dioxide emissions, or other circumstance of that kind.

What I don't remember is a news report about NASA, or NOAA, or the U.K. Met Office, or some other prestigious research group releasing a statement along these lines:

We have become aware that some of our climate monitoring datasets have been contaminated with inaccurate data because of sensors that were located close to unnatural heat sources or point sources of carbon dioxide emissions.

We have reviewed all of our research products and we have concluded that these contaminated datasets are part of a chain of calculations and analyses that have led us to publish research reports that we no longer stand behind, on a scientific basis.

But we're not going to correct any of the contaminated datasets, or retract or revise any of the published research reports that were based on this erroneous data.

That, I don't remember reading about.

I remember when they put modern instrumental measurement data collectors at locations which exaggerated the "data".
"How anti-science bulls**t is done."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-23-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 06:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why don't you give a damn that the old hot weather Global Warming "bromide" scare phrase was dropped. Your ilk claimed global warming. With damning data, from the fraudulent placed data gathering tools. There was the United Nations email exposing scam acknowledging the farce. Let's not forget, the world wide gathering of idiots to "summit" about global warming, on the coldest day in modern history.

I think that is when the new claim "climate change" description came to be. Not to mention
not even one doom and gloom claim came to be. Since Al Gore bilked the minions.

This fairly brief report from The New Republic shoots down cliffw's persistent assertion that "not even one doom and gloom claim [about global warming] came to be."

"Hot Enough For You?"

After this summer, no one can deny our climate crisis.

Win McCormack for The New Republic; September 14, 2023.
https://newrepublic.com/art...75333/hot-enough-you

This is a "skeleton" version of the report that is long on global warming and climate change "doom and gloom."

The month of July 2023 was, according to Gavin Schmidt, director of nasa’s Goddard Institute for Space Studies, β€œnot just warmer than any previous Julyβ€”it was the warmest month in our record, which goes back to 1880. The science is clear this isn’t normal. Alarming warming around the world is driven primarily by human-caused greenhouse gas emissions.” . . .

During the summer of 2023, from the end of June to July 30, the city of Phoenix experienced temperatures of not less than 110 degrees, while also confronting the most 115-degree days in a single calendar year, and some days even hotter than that. The Arizona Republic ran a headline that begins β€œWill the Inferno Never End?” Of course, the inferno was not confined to Arizona; it was nationwide and worldwide. By August, the heat wave that had engulfed the South and Southwest of the United States during July spread to the Midwest, where in some places the heat index (combining both temperature and humidity) reached 100 degrees and above. . . . It was reported that some people were making a schedule to do as much of their work as they could during the nighttime hours and get their sleep during the day. . . .

What was transpiring in terms of climate in the rest of the world this past summer? Ocean temperatures were the highest ever recorded. Much of Southern Europe was besieged by its own scorching temperatures and wildfires, along with torrential rains creating dangerously overflowing rivers. In Slovenia, unusually heavy rains created what the prime minister there called the worst natural disaster ever to hit the country, with bridges collapsing and streams of mud overwhelming the highways. Austria, just north of Slovenia, was also struggling with overflowing waters, though its situation was not as dire. Norway and Sweden, on a lesser scale, were experiencing unusually heavy rainfall, too. In Italy, Portugal, Cyprus, and Greece, raging, out-of-control wildfires were the problem. Meanwhile, in Mesopotamia (the word means β€œland between two rivers”), the cradle of civilizationβ€”the Fertile Crescentβ€”farmers are abandoning the whole area, because the surrounding waters are almost completely dried up. As it was the birthplace of civilization in the West, it is now the augur of its impending doom.

On the other side of the world in early August, China, arguably the cradle of civilization in the East, was inundated with rain in the region surrounding the capital of Beijing. The rain continued for days and was the heaviest downpour there since records started being kept 140 years before. Floodgates around Beijing were opened to drain the water from the capital into nearby towns and agricultural areas, where it destroyed the homes and businesses of Chinese citizens still smarting from Xi Jinping’s draconian Covid-19 lockdown. . . .

The greatest potential barrier to an effective global effort to combat climate change, however, is nested in an American institution, the Heritage Foundation. This think tank is devising a plan for America to abandon the use of alternative energy sources altogether and rely, as in the past, entirely on fossil fuels. The plan must assume the repeal by a Republican Congress of the Inflation Reduction Act of 2022, which is set to spend $370 million on alternative energy technologies, mostly in Republican districts. . . .

I think that is when the new claim "climate change" description came to be. Not to mention
not even one doom and gloom claim came to be. Since Al Gore bilked the minions.
"How anti-science bulls**t is done."

"A Republican 2024 Climate Strategy: More Drilling, Less Clean Energy"

Project 2025, a [Heritage Foundation-backed] β€œbattle plan” for the next Republican president, would stop attempts to cut the [greenhouse gas emissions] that [are] heating the planet and encourage more [greenhouse gas] emissions.

Lisa Friedman for the New York Times; August 4, 2023.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...ate-project2025.html

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 08:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cliff- you get every drop of "info" from Faux news which is controlled by Vlady (Your hero) and also the Oil Industry ...

As freddy toasted would say, your opinion does not equal fact.

cvxjet, do you pull "facts" from your gluteus maximus ? My news diet includes the opinions of all sources. Likely, even from the one which indoctrinates you.

That you think Faux news is controlled by Vlady, my hero, and the Oil Industry is a tell on the deficiency of your character. It screams "ignorant".

The Oil industry wants a thugocracy where they just pay off the big guy and don't have to worry about lawsuits or such. The oil industry HATES America...They keep jacking the price of oil so our economy will go in the crapper (I know- the oil industry is really hurting- that is why their profits are up 60-70%(Poor babies)

cvxjet, again, do you pull "facts" from your gluteus maximus ? What do you know about the oil industry ? What experience do you have, other than from your gluteus maximus.
Did you know the oil industry won WW II in our favor ? The American oil field does not set the price of oil. People like you do.

My my, you have a very big gluteus maximus.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35939 posts
Member since Jun 2003

That's too vague to predicate an "rinselberg" investigation using online sources to close in on exactly what that is a reference to.

"rinselberg" investigation ? Did you mean "rinselberg opinion" ? My my. It gets tiresome investigating for you. Perhaps I should have dumbed it down for you. Hmm, ... bare with me. I am not good at thinking dumb.

Maybe a source you have depended on might make you smarter about the paralogia of your thoughts.

The Raw Truth on Global Temperature Records
By By Alan Buis, NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory

Click to show

The gig was rigged. As you state,...

We have become aware that some of our climate monitoring datasets have been contaminated with inaccurate data because of sensors that were located close to unnatural heat sources or point sources of carbon dioxide emissions.

We have reviewed all of our research products and we have concluded that these contaminated datasets are part of a chain of calculations and analyses that have led us to publish research reports that we no longer stand behind, on a scientific basis.

Heh heh heh .

We can believe them now ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 10-23-2023).]

PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 09:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
double checking is something the RWNJ'S NEVER DO

YOUR NASA REPORT DOES NOT SAY WHAT YOU FALSELY CLAIM

yes they adjust the data
no it is not an evil plot
old news

and no your side is incapable of understanding anything inconvenient to the oil barons
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your side is incapable of critical thinking.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

In any discussion, especially about the impact of human-attributable greenhouse gas emissions, the simple gainsaying of another person's position, without any further elaboration, "cuts no ice." It's like a "he said, she said," as that idiom is used in discussions of legal cases.

This remark from "olejoedad" is addressed most directly to "ray b."

It mayβ€”indeed, must be presumed, that "ray b" has seen the previous remarks on this topic from "olejoedad," but has not found them persuasive. Is that because "ray b" is incapable of critical thinking? Or is it because the previous remarks on this topic from "olejoedad" are not persuasive?

Well... that is what we'll try to find out!

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 04:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In any discussion, especially about the impact of human-attributable greenhouse gas emissions, the simple gainsaying of another person's position, without any further elaboration, "cuts no ice." It's like a "he said, she said," as that idiom is used in discussions of legal cases.

It mayβ€”indeed, must be presumed, that "ray b" has seen the previous remarks on this topic from "olejoedad," but has not found them persuasive. Is that because "ray b" is incapable of critical thinking? Or is it because the previous remarks on this topic from "olejoedad" are not persuasive?

You assume too much.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 10-23-2023).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If you have a Roku, you get the "DUST" channel... and they play repeats of this show on there from time to time... I forget which day. I never remembered watching it in syndication (didn't even know it existed), but it's pretty cool.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 04:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

we waited we saw the coral is dead one of many tipping points crossed
new records highs recorded no new lows except the new normal higher lows
oil baron profits are up up up
still they lie about CO2 and sheep believe they can prey it away

water rise
and fall
but fall less then before
ever warmer
we missed the BIG ONE this time
next year ?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

we waited we saw the coral is dead one of many tipping points crossed
new records highs recorded no new lows except the new normal higher lows
oil baron profits are up up up
still they lie about CO2 and sheep believe they can prey it away

water rise
and fall
but fall less then before
ever warmer
we missed the BIG ONE this time
next year ?

Snacking on crackers again?
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2023 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

' What is Carbon ? '
' Uh.. '
Stumped him with that simple, basic question.

Typically ignorant of reality, mimicking other mimics, parroting other parrots.
' Repeat the party lie ! '

A Volvo electric car is in his future.
' I'm doing my part to save the planet ! '
Narcissism is a debilitating handicap.
Radon Gas !

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh goody. Another rinselberg investigation.

This is going to be a real goody. The chief investigator does not know what gainsaying means.

It could be that your critical thinking skills are not up to the task.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35939 posts
Member since Jun 2003

YOUR NASA REPORT DOES NOT SAY WHAT YOU FALSELY CLAIM

Yes it does. Like a confession.

yes they adjust the data

They sure do. As much as leftoids walk back their claims.

and no your side is incapable of understanding anything inconvenient to the oil barons

Tell us Grand Pubar, what do you know about the oil field. Just address the convenience and the inconvenient.
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 09:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
From another thread.....

The real question is this....

Which gas, methane or carbon dioxide, has a greater impact as a greenhouse gas?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The real question is this....

Which gas, methane or carbon dioxide, has a greater impact as a greenhouse gas?

I wonder which puts out more methane than cows / livestock. Humans ? Cows / livestock do not need land fills.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 09:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe one of our esteemed Forum members will post one of his much coveted Google search results to answer your question.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I wonder which puts out more methane than cows/livestock. Humans? Cows/livestock do not need land fills.

"Cows/livestock" are only because of humans.

I suppose humans could go extinct in a way that would give rise to feral bovines and other species emerging as the descendants of abandoned cattle, pigs and chickens. But then, who would be around who would (or could) think about methane emissions?

"Cows/livestock do not need land fills," kind of ignores the large amounts of excrement from cattle and pigs, which causes "big-time" methane emissions, and are (in this regard) not unlike the municipal landfills that are used to dump solid waste of all kinds from human populations.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-24-2023).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 07:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Most landfills capture and burn the methane as fuel onsite.

Do you suppose that Nature could be the biggest emitter of methane?
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 07:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Support the salvation of the planet !
The Biden_Joe administration today announced plans to reduce America's Climate Change segment.
Under Biden_Joe's Executive Order 14121, the nation's residents shall be paid the proportional amount of COΒ² in the American atmosphere.
AOC asked representative John Fetterman, who answers in kind, ' Gryllxt flornest two ! '
Whipping out their i-phones, handy for taxes and such calculations, they were dismayed to find their paychecks reduced by 99.96%.
The IRS spokesperson addressed the White House Correspondent's briefing, explaining that the revenues were to be seized before January 1.
Turns out, Carbon isn't much present in the air, a tiny part that feeds plants.
$2000/week pay X 0.04 = $80 take home
' Gee, that's swell Biden_Joe ! '
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
^ lol ! ... You had to wait for the spider to walk there, screen capture, then, process and post !

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 10-24-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 08:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Most landfills capture and burn the methane as fuel onsite.

That's only because the landfill facility managers and the boards that govern them listened to the "anti-science leftist rhetoric" of the anti-science leftists that are living rent free in the "dinosaur's" head.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 08:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Do you suppose that Nature could be the biggest emitter of methane?

Not too ago, I posted something about research into methane emissions from natural wetlands. Scientists trying to quantify it more accurately, and even looking at ways to curb it without destroying the wetlands.

I have to think that the cultivation of rice crops worldwide is likely another big source of methane emissions. I'm also confident that there are reports to be found online about how scientists are looking at that issue.
PFF
System Bot
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2023 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It has been thus for many thousands of years, and will be for many more.
Nature may, in a moment from now, release a VEI-8 Volcano's gases, causing world wide crop failure, a global winter for decades.
Vulcan, the planet we live on, a dangerous place, yeah a dangerous place.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2023 12:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not too ago, I posted something about research into methane emissions from natural wetlands. Scientists trying to quantify it more accurately, and even looking at ways to curb it without destroying the wetlands.

I have to think that the cultivation of rice crops worldwide is likely another big source of methane emissions. I'm also confident that there are reports to be found online about how scientists are looking at that issue.

Bingo.

How much more potent is methane than CO2 as a greenhouse gas?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2023 02:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had something on that, but I'm retracting it... at least, temporarily.

It needs to be reworked.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-25-2023).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2023 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It could be that your critical thinking skills are not up to the task.

In a shocking turn of events, Hurricane #Otis in the Eastern Pacific has unexpectedly, explosively intensified from a tropical storm to a Category 4 hurricane in just 12 hours.

Even worse, the storm is expected to make a catastrophic landfall tonight as a Category 5 hurricane near Acapulco, Mexico, home to 1 million people.

WELL IT DID HIT AS A NO WARNING CAT5

WANT TO GUESS THE DEATH TOLL ?

EXACTLY WHAT i HAVE SAID IS THE NEW NORMAL

TS TO 5 OVER NITE

GLOBAL WARMING PROOF
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2023 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I had something on that, but I'm retracting it... at least, temporarily.

It needs to be reworked.

πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2023 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

In a shocking turn of events, Hurricane #Otis in the Eastern Pacific has unexpectedly, explosively intensified from a tropical storm to a Category 4 hurricane in just 12 hours.

Even worse, the storm is expected to make a catastrophic landfall tonight as a Category 5 hurricane near Acapulco, Mexico, home to 1 million people.

WANT TO GUESS THE DEATH TOLL ?

TS TO 5 OVER NITE

GLOBAL WARMING PROOF

I have not yet seen any deaths reported from the hurricane in Mexico, though there will undoubtedly be some. Have you ever seen the way they build things down there? I have.

However, I can guarantee Otis will kill fewer than the Narcos. There has already been a wave of violence just this week in Guerrero and Michoacan, along Otis' path.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2023 06:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Do you really mean weather is unpredictable ? Why didn't the climate champions expect and warn us the sky is falling ?

Gosh ray b. Only a Cat 5 ? A Cat 1 can be catastrophic.

How come the global warming champions did not warn us it would be a Cat 5 overnight ?

TS TO 5 OVER NITE

GLOBAL WARMING PROOF

To you, it is the monsters coming out of the closet, and from under your bed.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2023 08:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—πŸ¦—

Really? I don't know where that comes from, unless it's some kind of "payback" for my not showing up at your matinee screening of Plato's Cave on YouTube.

I didn't say I wouldn't ever consider viewing it. I just said that so far, I have not viewed it.

What a bizarre remark here, from "olejoedad."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-25-2023).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2023 09:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

What a bizarre remark here, from "olejoedad."

Those are crickets. He is probably just offering you lunch.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock