Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Carbon dioxide hysteria (Page 14)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Carbon dioxide hysteria by olejoedad
Started on: 12-09-2022 03:51 PM
Replies: 1695 (20234 views)
Last post by: BingB on 04-24-2024 09:11 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post04-26-2023 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What is the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change or IPCC..?

Here's a good place to start:
https://www.ipcc.ch/about/
IP: Logged
Valkrie9

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2023 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Climate alarmism is fake, repetition of lies cannot transform lies into truth.

That is why Al Gore has purchased a palatial beachfront home, because he wishes to be washed away by the Ocean, Oblammo too.
When people, or politicians, your politicians, lie to you, do you like it ?
Why the word liar was invented, ' One who cannot speak truth. '
Must eradicate liars... to advance civilization.
This summer, go to a protest to begin eradicating the liars, they wear masks to conceal themselves to avoid consequence of law.
' Yeah, cancel liars ! '
Their greatest fear is discovery, apprehension, and cancelling of their suburban and privileged lives, so inconvenient, triggering pain.
The first 50K marxist agitators collectivized into Arizona gulags to begin the ' Great Limestone Pulverization ', reeducation camps to teach the children the truth.
' If you work hard and are able to answer the questions correctly, you may retain your citizenship to then be released into the heartland, to pursue happiness. '
Graduating into American life, learning the truth.
Crossing the border without constraint, entering the program, seven years of service.
' Yes, I wish to live in peace and prosperity, and be happy. '
Happiness.
Freedom from the grifters of the climate con.
' The sky is falling '
' I think you're lying. '

ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2023 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ocean VIEW

IS NOT OCEAN FRONT

IN THAT AREA THERE ARE HILLS

AL'S HOUSE IS 1/2 WAY UP THE HILL

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2023 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:
hat is the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change or IPCC..?

Here's a good place to start: ...

Don't be silly ! We know who the Master Grifters are.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2023 11:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:

Don't be silly ! We know who the Master Grifters are.

YES they are the oil and gas corpRATS you work for

and the ones your BS scripts are written by
composed of lying BS propaganda
the big oil pays for from their ''think tanks'' aka lying scum banks

gretta is a better man then you
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2023 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am an unabashed capitalist. I LOVE free enterprise. It is an important part of American freedom.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2023 11:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:
IN THAT AREA THERE ARE HILLS

AL'S HOUSE IS 1/2 WAY UP THE HILL

Too funny !

Did 82-T/A [At Work] approve that message ? My Dad was born in Florida. He lives there now. I am there often. There are no hills in Florida.

Todd used to think he lived in the Hill Country when he lived in San Antonio. I had to let him know that actually he lived just East of them. I have been to other States where they called my hills mountains. There are no hills in Florida.

By the way, my Dad was born in Tampa in 1938. Tampa never has been hit with even a Category 1 hurricane. I could be wrong.

Perhaps Al bought that home "on the hills" because he really believe the nonsense he spews. Perhaps he is banking on
future ocean front property in Arizona. More likely, the Grift has made him so much money that he can buy that property to act like he believes it.

I have to wonder ... what do you think is the difference between a Cat 1 hurricane and a Cat 2 ?
Between a Cat 2 and a Cat 3.
Between a Cat 3 and a Cat 4.
Between a Cat 4 and a Cat 5.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2023 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35920 posts
Member since Jun 2003

gretta is a better man then you

How dare you, .

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2023 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Too funny !

Did 82-T/A [At Work] approve that message ? My Dad was born in Florida. He lives there now. I am there often. There are no hills in Florida.

Todd used to think he lived in the Hill Country when he lived in San Antonio. I had to let him know that actually he lived just East of them. I have been to other States where they called my hills mountains. There are no hills in Florida.

By the way, my Dad was born in Tampa in 1938. Tampa never has been hit with even a Category 1 hurricane. I could be wrong.

Perhaps Al bought that home "on the hills" because he really believe the nonsense he spews. Perhaps he is banking on
future ocean front property in Arizona. More likely, the Grift has made him so much money that he can buy that property to act like he believes it.

I have to wonder ... what do you think is the difference between a Cat 1 hurricane and a Cat 2 ?

al does not live in fla
al never lived in fla

al's house is in calforication on a hill with an ocean view
you do know they DO have hills by the sea there ?

cat one is a minor storm as a kid we went surfing
cat two is time to pick up yard stuff and put up shutters for twisters [most damage from wind is tornadoes in a 2 ]
3 is a killer for the stupid aka rightwingers
4 is time to leave the path and go in land
5 is luck or skill or die anywhere near water

typical wrong no check BS from the right

try to do better
and do check before repeating lies here
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2023 01:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cat one is a minor storm as a kid we went surfing
cat two is time to pick up yard stuff and put up shutters for twisters [most damage from wind is tornadoes in a 2 ]
3 is a killer for the stupid aka rightwingers
4 is time to leave the path and go in land
5 is luck or skill or die anywhere near water

typical wrong no check BS from the right

try to do better
and do check before repeating lies here

Really ? You can't do much worse. That is my opinion from checking your, ..., I could say your BullZhit. I don't think you are lying. I think you believe in every thing you think.

Before I tell you the real difference between Cat 1 and Cat 5 is, I need to ask our other ClimatoloJESTER what he thinks.

rinjselberg, can you answer the question ?

Is this a request you will also not answer ?

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 04-27-2023).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2023 07:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Gary Potter
4 months ago
' The threat of environmental crisis is the international disaster key to unlock the new world order. '
~ Mikhail Gorbachev

TheEnzson
1 year ago
' If you really think I'm going to watch 2 hours of JBP and DM on my free Monday evening after a hard day at work, you're absolutely damn right ! '

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2023 07:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Really ? You can't do much worse. That is my opinion from checking your, ..., I could say your BullZhit. I don't think you are lying. I think you believe in every thing you think.

Before I tell you the real difference between Cat 1 and Cat 5 is, I need to ask our other ClimatoloJESTER what he thinks.

rinjselberg, can you answer the question ?

Is this a request you will also not answer ?

I was born 40 miles from the Okefenokee swamp, lived less than a quarter mile from the Tejar Bayou and have watched rockets go up from my backyard. I know what a hurricane is.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2023 08:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:
I know what a hurricane is.

Finally, a voice of experience. Let's see if our Forum ClimotoloJESTERS can answer the question.

I don't feel bad for them Googleing there their time away. Trying to be WOKE.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2023 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Finally, a voice of experience. Let's see if our Forum ClimotoloJESTERS can answer the question. I don't feel bad for them Google'ing their time away. Trying to be WOKE.

I think of my interest in the climate "thing" as a rooting interest. Not really all that different than my habit of following one of Major League Baseball's National League franchises, namely the St Louis Cardinals. I'm a fan of the climate researchers, and aside from a few outliers, I think most of them are onboard with the advisability of the entire world going in for climate mitigation, and for the United States to take a leading role.

The first and most obvious arrow in the climate mitigation "quiver" is a reduction in the quantity of human-attributable greenhouse gas emissions.

After that, any of the schemes to plus up the natural processes that remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, and then the more avant-garde concepts that have been advanced and are even being tested for Direct Carbon Capture—using artificially engineered chemical or biochemical ways to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and sequester it in some way(s) so that it does not go back into the atmosphere.

Beyond that are the even more radical ideas for blocking some of the sun's energy from warming the planet, like injecting haze-inducing particles or chemicals into the atmosphere, and even that idea that I posted about catapulting dust from the moon's surface into orbit around the earth to block some of the sun's energy from reaching the earth.

The consensus view of the IPCC is for a "full court press" to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and Direct Carbon Capture.

The idea of blocking some of the sun's energy comes with a very high risk factor, in this way: If one or more planetary "sun shields" were to be used to keep the planet from overheating as a substitute for reducing greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere, the world becomes dependent on the sun shield(s) and if for any reason the sun shield(s) could not be maintained, then the planet would be back on the global warming trajectory, but with an even larger greenhouse effect than before the sun shield(s) were implemented.

The consensus view of the IPCC is that every fractional degree Celsius (the science-preferred temperature scale) of climate mitigation is valuable. The more that greenhouse gas emissions can be reduced, the less dependent the world becomes on Direct Carbon Capture.

The alternatives, of climate adaptation, cannot be ignored. But successful climate mitigation would make the world less dependent on climate adaptation. The climate adaptation idea—for one example—of shifting human populations and agriculture northwards to higher latitudes, as the Arctic continues to warm and permafrost or tundra regimes thaw out, may seem to certain partisans like a "no-brainer"—but it's hardly that.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-27-2023).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post04-27-2023 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2023 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

LOL... so true. I mean, honestly... how nonsense is this?

The government is basically saying... "Ok, we think you're destroying the environment... so if you're going to do it, we want our cut."
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2023 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
THE NUT CON PLAN IS TO LIE ABOUT IT

and do nothing until far to late
to max the return to BIG OIL

WHAT A CLEVER PLAN !
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2023 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We estimate the macroeconomic impacts of carbon taxes on GDP and employment growth rates using 30 years of data on carbon taxation in various European countries. We find no evidence for a negative impact on employment or GDP growth but rather find a zero to modest positive impact. We also find a cumulative emissions reduction on the order of 4 to 6 percent for a $40/ton CO2 tax covering 30% of emissions. Reductions would likely be greater for a broad-based U.S. carbon tax since European carbon taxes typically do not cover those sectors with the lowest marginal abatement costs.

"The Macroeconomic Impact of Europe’s Carbon Taxes"
Gilbert E. Metcalf and James H. Stock; MIT Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research; January 2023.
https://ceepr.mit.edu/wp-co...CEEPR-WP-2023-02.pdf

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-28-2023).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2023 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

randye is the poster boy for THAT

a complete and total DUPE for BIG OIL

who never will admit supporting traitors rebels and lying scum on 1-6
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2023 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by [b]rinselberg:[/B]
I think of my interest in the climate "thing" as a rooting interest. Not really all that different than my habit of following one of Major League Baseball's National League franchises, namely the St Louis Cardinals. I'm a fan of the climate researchers, and aside from a few outliers, I think most of them are onboard with the advisability of the entire world going in for climate mitigation, and for the United States to take a leading role.

Oh my. You must have smoked too much brown acid. Please, don't smoker the Green Acid.

The first and most obvious arrow in the climate mitigation "quiver" is a reduction in the quantity of human-attributable greenhouse gas emissions.

Wow. You can never make a snowflake happy.

... the schemes to plus up the natural processes that remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere, and then the more avant-garde concepts that have been advanced and are even being tested for Direct Carbon Capture—using artificially engineered chemical or biochemical ways to remove carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and sequester it in some way(s) so that it does not go back into the atmosphere.

Schemes indeed.

Beyond that are the even more radical ideas for blocking some of the sun's energy from warming the planet, like injecting haze-inducing particles or chemicals into the atmosphere, and even that idea that I posted about catapulting dust from the moon's surface into orbit around the earth to block some of the sun's energy from reaching the earth.

Those are beyond bat zhit crazy.

Originally posted by[b]rinselberg
The consensus view of the IPCC is for a "full court press" to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and Direct Carbon Capture.

Ah yes. Go in for the kill and laugh all the way to the bank. People all over the Earth should not even give your thoughts even a consideration considering you will not admit where the UN IPCC gets it's funding.

The idea of blocking some of the sun's energy comes with a very high risk factor, in this way: If one or more planetary "sun shields" were to be used to keep the planet from overheating as a substitute for reducing greenhouse gas concentrations in the atmosphere, the world becomes dependent on the sun shield(s) and if for any reason the sun shield(s) could not be maintained, then the planet would be back on the global warming trajectory, but with an even larger greenhouse effect than before the sun shield(s) were implemented.

I have an idea more possible. Everyone go outside and hold an umbrella, .

The consensus view of rinselberg is that every fractional degree Celsius (the science-preferred temperature scale) of climate mitigation is valuable. The more that greenhouse gas emissions can be reduced, the less dependent the world becomes on Direct Carbon Capture.

The alternatives, of climate adaptation, cannot be ignored. But successful climate mitigation would make the world less dependent on climate adaptation. The climate adaptation idea—for one example—of shifting human populations and agriculture northwards to higher latitudes, as the Arctic continues to warm and permafrost or tundra regimes thaw out, may seem to certain partisans like a "no-brainer"—but it's hardly that.

My, you sure make my mission hard. You are trying to get rid of fossil fuels and I am trying to get rid of Fossil Fools

I know a sure fire way to mitigate half of your Demon CO2 from the atmosphere. If you want to hear it, just ask.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2023 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Mexico causes Polar Icecaps to melt.
Caliente !
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2023 02:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I know a sure fire way to mitigate half of your Demon CO2 from the atmosphere. If you want to hear it, just ask.

I'M ALL EARS EYES.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2023 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2023 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OMG! OMG! Some barely out of their teens nut case just splashed ketchup on a museum painting. Cancel the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change! Cancel NASA's climate-related earth sciences research! Cancel the Paris accords! Cancel thousands of climate-related research reports in science journals! Cancel science journals! Cancel the Offshore Floating Wind Energy initiative! Cancel the Electric Vehicle rebates program! Cancel the next super-sized Cat 5 hurricane that's going to be turbocharged by historically record-breaking warm waters in the Gulf of Mexico! Cancel the Gulf of Mexico!

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-28-2023).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-28-2023 10:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cancel the Constitution.
' Fundamental Change '
' You know, you know, the thing '

' We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts,
not to overthrow the Constitution, but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution '
~ Abraham Lincoln

' There are plenty of recommendations on how to get out of trouble cheaply and fast.
Most of them come down to this,
Deny your responsibility. '
~ Lyndon B. Johnson

Seven minutes to global nuke war, the deluded wonder if the weather will be worse.
Yep !
fjb for the nuke war he'll start.

olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2023 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

OMG! OMG! Some barely out of their teens nut case just splashed ketchup on a museum painting. Cancel the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change! Cancel NASA's climate-related earth sciences research! Cancel the Paris accords! Cancel thousands of climate-related research reports in science journals! Cancel science journals! Cancel the Offshore Floating Wind Energy initiative! Cancel the Electric Vehicle rebates program! Cancel the next super-sized Cat 5 hurricane that's going to be turbocharged by historically record-breaking warm waters in the Gulf of Mexico! Cancel the Gulf of Mexico!

I'm glad you're finally on board with the cancel culture.......oh, wait....
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2023 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So... what's the plan? What's the "drill"..? I can't stand the suspense, it's making me ill.

"Kennedy Space Center in Florida prepares for greater sea-rise problems"

NASA and SpaceX in the crosshairs of higher and still rising sea levels along Florida's Atlantic Coast, as well as record-breaking high tides. Last year's Hurricane Nicole was an unwelcome guest at Kennedy Space Center, a locale which is not accustomed to suffering that kind of heat-driven weather "malarkey". At least that is what I infer, if truth is being told, from the word "unprecedented" in conjunction with Hurricane Nicole.

Stefano Coledan for UPI; April 27, 2023.
https://www.upi.com/Science...imate/6191682526513/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 04-30-2023).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2023 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Cancel the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change! Cancel NASA's climate-related earth sciences research! Cancel the Paris accords! Cancel thousands of climate-related research reports in science journals! Cancel science journals! Cancel the Offshore Floating Wind Energy initiative! Cancel the Electric Vehicle rebates program!

Wow ! We agree on some things.

Cancel thousands of climate-related research reports in science journals! Cancel science journals.

Why, ?

Originally posted byrinselberg:
Cancel the next super-sized Cat 5 hurricane that's going to be turbocharged by historically record-breaking warm waters in the Gulf of Mexico! Cancel the Gulf of Mexico!

What the hell do you know about hurricanes ? Evidently nothing. You couldn't even describe the difference between a Cat 1 and a Cat 2 hurricane Between a Cat 2 and a Cat 3. Between a Cat 3 and a Cat 4. Between a Cat 4 and a Cat 5.

Scamprenuers, !
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2023 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So... what's the skinny? What are these "schemes"..? I fear the suspense will cause me to break out with memes.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2023 12:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by [b]rinselberg:

So... what's the plan? What's the "drill"..? I can't stand the suspense, it's making me ill.

I am surprised your GloBull Warming Gods have not figured it out.

Today's my Wife's birthday. I will post later.

"Kennedy Space Center in Florida prepares for greater sea-rise problems"

NASA and SpaceX in the crosshairs of higher and still rising sea levels along Florida's Atlantic Coast,

Back to denying physics ?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2023 01:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In 1968, I lived right here: https://goo.gl/maps/5KuSmrGS8N7Jcjoq7

That is 65 miles north of "The Cape". Both are exactly where we left them, 55 years ago.
PFF
System Bot
WonderBoy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2023 04:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WonderBoySend a Private Message to WonderBoyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just got this notification on my phone. Can't start summer without scaring people early.

Don't forget to buy an EV this year to save the temperature frail elderly. Cabal owned businesses and their legal lobbying teams need your money.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2023 04:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's more that's happening in the climate mitigation arena. It's not just about EVs.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2023 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There's more that's happening in the climate mitigation arena. It's not just about EVs.

Yeah, it's also giant, bird-whacking gee-haw whimmy diddles.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2023 05:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And "invisible" solar-electric panels.
https://www.dyaqua.it/invisiblesolar/_en/

Not literally invisible. Just artfully camouflaged to look like curved terracotta roof tiles. Ideal for preserving the look of "heritage" architecture.

None other than the "Electric Viking" himself explains how this Dyaqua Invisible Solar Roof Tile product has drawn the interest of the Italian antiquities preservation "boffins".
https://youtu.be/6AoFobqxm1Y
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2023 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yes, you are a barrel of laughs. Why didn't you tell us what they are and why are not telling us ?

Unless you do, I am not going to tell you a sure fire way to cut in half 50% of CO2 emissions.

[This message has been edited by cliffw (edited 05-01-2023).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2023 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35920 posts
Member since Jun 2003

So... what's the skinny? What are these "schemes"..? I fear the suspense will cause me to break out with memes.

Ok rinselberg. It is not a scheme. It is sure fire. As you will have to agree.
Global Warming is a scheme.

First, I have to warn you that you will have to make extreme sacrifices. Secondly, it is going to be quite expensive, sacrifices as well as money. I have to wonder. Do you know what ROI means ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2023 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2023 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For some, it means:

Ranting On the Internet

Ranting because if someone has a positive ROI, he obviously didn't pay enough taxes.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post05-01-2023 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
YouTube'r "The Electric Viking" has just reported on the prospects for mining Rare Earth Elements in "bigly" quantities, in North Dakota.

The list of valuable minerals and other resources that could be recovered from lignite deposits in North Dakota is veritably as "long as your arm"; to wit: aluminum, antimony, arsenic, barite, beryllium, bismuth, cesium, chromium, cobalt, fluorspar, gallium, germanium, graphite, hafnium, helium, indium, lithium, magnesium, manganese, niobium, platinum group metals, potash, rhenium, rubidium, strontium, tantalum, tellurium, tin, titanium, tungsten, uranium, vanadium, and zirconium.

From this list, cobalt and lithium in particular will grab the eye of anyone who's familiar with EVs and EV batteries and what's needed to produce them.

The Electric Viking, who sometimes goes by the moniker of "Sam Evans", is talking about a new report from the North Dakota Geological Survey. These are geologists who work for the North Dakota Department of Mineral Resources:

"Elevated critical mineral concentrations associated with the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maxium, Golden Valley Formation, North Dakota"
Edward C. Murphy, Levi D. Moxness, and Ned W. Kruger; Report of Investigation #133; North Dakota Geological Survey; 2023.
https:/ /www.dmr.nd.gov/dmr/...20North%20Dakota.pdf

That's the full report in PDF format; here's the press release:
https://www.dmr.nd.gov/dmr/...rt-investigation-133

Here's another press release, or maybe part of the same press release, but in more conveniently readable format:

"North Dakota researchers develop critical minerals exploration model"
Mining Engineering; April 26, 2023.
https://me.smenet.org/webCo...fm?webarticleid=4330

The Electric Viking's report on YouTube is an eight and a half-minute video tour de force, as Viking fans have come to expect.
https://youtu.be/YkL0wYs2v8I

At the same time as this tantalizing prospect for the future of Rare Earths and other critical EV-relevant minerals mining in North Dakota, the Viking explains how some EV makers are working with EV drivetrains that do not use as much or even any of the metals and minerals that are cited as concerns for an expanded EV future. Instead of EV motors that incorporate permanent magnets, they are using electro-magnets, which can be made from more easily resourced materials like copper and steel.

No one ever made money by betting against The Electric Viking. (At least, no one that I know of.)

The Electric Viking is the nightmare that keeps your gas or diesel-powered road vehicle(s) from sleeping soundly when parked or garaged.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 05-01-2023).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock