Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Carbon dioxide hysteria (Page 35)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Carbon dioxide hysteria by olejoedad
Started on: 12-09-2022 03:51 PM
Replies: 1696 (20286 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 04-25-2024 12:26 PM
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2024 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we have 750,000,000 reason's to know that son of a B lies
and you believe his lies still ? WHY ?
AND REPEAT THEM HERE
OVER AND OVER
WHY ?
IP: Logged
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2024 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could you please list the 750,000,000 reasons?
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2024 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:
Could you please list the 750,000,000 reasons?

"Final tally of lies: Analysts say Trump told 30,000 mistruths—that’s [an average of] 21 a day—during [his] presidency"
Gino Spocchia for the Independent; January 21, 2021.
https://www.independent.co....idency-b1790285.html

The article links to articles from the Washington Post and CNN as corroberating evidence.

That's a media report, but here's something from academia that is only 14 pages, excluding the long list of references that goes on for 4 more pages.

“The Lies of Donald Trump: A Taxonomy”
James P. Pfiffner; George Mason University.
Prepared for publication in "The Trump Presidency and Executive Power," edited by Charles Lamb. Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan, forthcoming, 2019.
https://pfiffner.gmu.edu/wp...Trump-A-Taxonomy.pdf

SUMMARY

The most important lies of Donald Trump differ significantly from previous presidential lies.

Other presidents have lied for a variety of reasons, from legitimate lies concerning national security to trivial misstatements, to shading the truth, to avoiding embarrassment, to serious lies of policy deception. The paper distinguishes four types of Trump’s lies: 1) trivial lies, 2) exaggerations and self aggrandizing lies; 3) lies to deceive the public; and 4) egregious lies. It then analyzes the consequences of lies with respect to misinformation encoding and the relationship of lies to loyalty and power. The most serious lies of Donald Trump were egregious false statements that were demonstrably contrary to well known facts.

The paper concludes that his lies were detrimental to the democratic process, and that his continued adherence to demonstrably false statements undermined enlightenment epistemology and corroded the premises of liberal democracy.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-11-2024).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2024 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TDS is apparent in these two.....
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-11-2024 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Progress in the understanding of science is derived by asking questions about things we don't know, and also about things we think we already know.

The current 'climate' in most of the science community is that one isn't allowed to ask questions, one is just to accept the answers.

BTW, solar observations have been ongoing for hundreds of years, we just have better instruments now.

You should quit accepting what you are told without question.

It really limits your outlook of the world around you.

What basis do you have for that assertion?

I don't think there's any short, simple way to disprove it. I keep up with media reports about science. I see all kinds of new questions still being asked, and researched, in all the various fields of science. You might be surprised at some of the previously accepted ideas or "facts" that are currently being reexamined. But what about climate science and climate-related research, which is the most directly relevant to this discussion?

Many years ago already, there was a discrepancy between what the computer models were predicting and what the weather monitoring stations around the world were observing. The computer models of the greenhouse effect—the effect of CO2 and the other known greenhouse gases in the atmosphere—were predicting higher temperatures around the world than were actually being recorded. So that raised the question of whether the computer models were flawed, or whether there was heat energy in the earth's climate system that was not being detected by the weather monitoring stations. And that prompted climate researchers and oceanographers to put more resources into monitoring the temperature of ocean water, and particularly, ocean water deeper below the surface. And they discovered more heat energy at deeper levels in the ocean than was previously known.

So their ideas had to be revised. They came to the realization that winds and ocean currents have a larger effect than was previously known, in terms of causing sun-warmed ocean water near the surface to be pushed downwards to deeper depths, even to the extent that warmer waters can be submerged below colder waters. That helped them understand that the computer models of the greenhouse effect were not drastically in error. They found the "missing" heat energy, by looking deeper below the surface of the ocean.

I see that as counterfactual to this narrative that "olejoedad" is talking up... that scientists are not asking enough questions. That was many years ago, already, but I don't think it's any different today. I guess I could try to narrow that down to a particular year or so by searching news reports online. The reports about the "missing" heat energy being discovered deeper within the ocean.

PS. I just thought of a new and more recent "counterfactual."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-11-2024).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Serious question rinse.

Were you exposed to college level and above scientific training?

Did your employment demand critical thinking involving scientific principles?

Did your employment require innovative thinking to solve ongoing technical issues that affected profitably, safety and and regulatory mandates?
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Serious question rinse.

Did your employment require innovative thinking to solve ongoing technical issues that affected profitably, safety and and regulatory mandates?

watch him as he try's to baffle with science

and fail

just like he can't spot the rightwing lies told by the snarlson or the rump
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12550 posts
Member since Jan 2001

TDS is apparent in these two.....

trump deplorable syndrome is only seen in the MAGA mass

it causes red hats in over weight buffoon's
who chant lock her up
and believe every lie from the rump
with out a single fact ever needed
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tucker interviews controversial figures and asks intelligent questions of them.

He also has opinions, as do we all.

At least when he expresses his opinions, he does so in a succinct and intelligent manner, and backs them up with facts.

My opinion is that you could work on that aspect when you post on this Forum.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Serious question rinse.

Yes, yes, and yes. Or perhaps I should say "y3 where y=yes."

I designed and created customized or "one-off" software applications for the aerospace and defense industry. I started my career by scripting computer code, mostly in FORTRAN (or Fortran.) Sometimes I created small, stand-alone computer programs. Sometimes I worked on parts of much larger computer programs that were the product of large teams of "coders." Often I was assigned the task of changing the code to fix a "bug" or accommodate a user request. I was titularized as a Software Developer or Software Engineer.

As the years went by and I moved voluntarily from one employer to another, my responsibilities shifted. Mostly, I developed software test procedures and executed the test procedures, having been retitularized as a Software Test and Quality Assurance Engineer.

In the last part of my career, I was an hourly contractor, whereas before, I had been a direct, salaried employee. My last "gig" was focused on the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense or THAAD missile system. I was an integrated systems test technician, executing test procedures that were mostly already given to me as scripts, although sometimes I modified the test procedures.

I was a "software facing" technician. The testing could involve using oscilloscopes and voltmeters and the like as test instruments—electronic systems testing—but that wasn't my thing. Although previously in my career, I had gained a small familiarity with radio signal test generators and test equipment... a different and smaller project, at another and smaller company.

I remember standing or being seated in front of a video terminal and using a keyboard to type in data, and then archiving the output as "files" of data, which I might examine myself. Sometimes I was a "dummy" THAAD system operator, doing what an actual THAAD crew member would be doing in a combat scenario to set up a missile launch.

Some of the testing took place inside a large SCIF or Secure Compartmented Information Facility which was large enough to contain, within an air-conditioned and roofed facility, an actual THAAD missile launch system. There was the large, desert "camo" or uniformly olive green painted truck that transported and launched the missiles, and at least one THAAD missile in a text fixture, next to the truck.

Before becoming an hourly contractor, I worked for four modestly sized companies and finally, the one very large corporation. I never worked directly for the government.

Reducing human greenhouse gas emissions... always a good decision!

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-12-2024).]

williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Samuel Adams brews some world class grain beverages, some of the best I have ever tasted. Boston Lager is not one of them.

The one on the left, you should try. The one on the right, was the most incredible beer I have ever had the honor of tasting. You will never know that experience.
PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Tucker interviews controversial figures and asks intelligent questions of them.

He also has opinions, as do we all.

At least when he expresses his opinions, he does so in a succinct and intelligent manner, and backs them up with facts.

My opinion is that you could work on that aspect when you post on this Forum.

should be an F not a t ucker snarlson is a know lying putin worshiping scum bag
who never met a fact except to lie about it

who was fired for costing the fox corp-RATS 750,000,000.00 real usa dollars

figures the trump cult likes lying scum bags who lie just like the rump does

[This message has been edited by ray b (edited 01-12-2024).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12550 posts
Member since Jan 2001
2023 Was Likely To Have Been Earth's Hottest Year In Over 100,000 Years
A ridiculous number of climate records were smashed in 2023.

https://www.iflscience.com/...redirect_source=pitc
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rayb, have you considered counseling?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 01:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

olejoedad

18075 posts
Member since May 2004

Yes, yes, and yes. Or perhaps I should say "y3 where y=yes."

I designed and created customized or "one-off" software applications for the aerospace and defense industry. I started my career by scripting computer code, mostly in FORTRAN (or Fortran.) Sometimes I created small, stand-alone computer programs. Sometimes I worked on parts of much larger computer programs that were the product of large teams of "coders." Often I was assigned the task of changing the code to fix a "bug" or accommodate a user request. I was titularized as a Software Developer or Software Engineer.

As the years went by and I moved voluntarily from one employer to another, my responsibilities shifted. Mostly, I developed software test procedures and executed the test procedures, having been retitularized as a Software Test and Quality Assurance Engineer.

In the last part of my career, I was an hourly contractor, whereas before, I had been a direct, salaried employee. My last "gig" was focused on the Terminal High Altitude Area Defense or THAAD missile system. I was an integrated systems test technician, executing test procedures that were mostly already given to me as scripts, although sometimes I modified the test procedures.

I was a "software facing" technician. The testing could involve using oscilloscopes and voltmeters and the like as test instruments—electronic systems testing—but that wasn't my thing. Although previously in my career, I had gained a small familiarity with radio signal test generators and test equipment... a different and smaller project, at another and smaller company.

I remember standing or being seated in front of a video terminal and using a keyboard to type in data, and then archiving the output as "files" of data, which I might examine myself. Sometimes I was a "dummy" THAAD system operator, doing what an actual THAAD crew member would be doing in a combat scenario to set up a missile launch.

Some of the testing took place inside a large SCIF or Secure Compartmented Information Facility which was large enough to contain, within an air-conditioned and roofed facility, an actual THAAD missile launch system. There was the large, desert "camo" or uniformly olive green painted truck that transported and launched the missiles, and at least one THAAD missile in a text fixture, next to the truck.

Before becoming an hourly contractor, I worked for four modestly sized companies and finally, the one very large corporation. I never worked directly for the government.

Reducing human greenhouse gas emissions... always a good decision!

Interesting career, thanks for sharing.

So you were trained in computer sciences, but not the natural sciences, i.e. chemistry, physics, geology, biology, astrophysics, climatology, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering.....

No wonder you put so much faith in the computer models that are predicated on greenhouse gas emissions.

Thanks for sharing.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 01:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Interesting career, thanks for sharing.

So you were trained in computer sciences, but not the natural sciences, i.e. chemistry, physics, geology, biology, astrophysics, climatology, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, chemical engineering.....

No wonder you put so much faith in the computer models that are predicated on greenhouse gas emissions.

Thanks for sharing.

I completed some undergraduate coursework in mathematics, physics, chemistry, and geology. The geology course included a more than just summary introduction to the modern or perhaps "neo" Darwinian Theory of (Biological) Evolution... as modern as it was, at the time.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010

rayb, have you considered counseling?

I think that's an interesting idea. Maybe counseling people who want to extricate themself from the MAGA cult?

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 02:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I think that's an interesting idea. Maybe counseling people who want to extricate themself from the MAGA cult?

You have a knack for misunderstanding.
Is it hereditary, or is it because you like the path California has taken since the Democrats took it over?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have a knack for misunderstanding. Is it hereditary, or is it because you like the path California has taken since the Democrats took it over?

To be honest about it, I don't keep up with California in a way that would be commensurate with the penetrating eye that I keep focused on "Washington." Washington, as in Washington, DC.

This is not very logical, considering my status as a California resident.

There's good and bad, in terms of what's going on in California. Governor Newsom is now having to react to a decline in the revenues that support the state's government. He is going to make up some of the shortfall by using the state's "rainy day" fund, which is money that was segregated for this purpose during previous years when there was a budget surplus.

In truth, I know more about what's going on halfway around the globe, in the Red Sea, than I know about what's going on just a few miles away by road in downtown San Jose.

I move in very small circles.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 03:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You really should pay more attention closer to home.

California used to be a desirable place to live until the Liberal Democrats took over.

Not to be political about it, but that's the history of your state....liberal Democrats have killed the goose that laid the golden egg
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
"A Huge Underground 'Battery' Is Coming to a Tiny Utah Town"

The project is part of an audacious plan to create hydrogen, which produces no carbon dioxide when burned, and store it in caverns until electricity is needed.

I'm not clear about exactly how much federal support is involved, altogether, but part of it is a $504 million loan guarantee from the Department of Energy. That's a "Solyndra-sized" loan guarantee, although I doubt that anyone involved would want to hearken back to the Solyndra saga.

Here's some excerpts from this very splashy new news report, which includes a veritable gallery of eye-catching photographs.

Outside Delta, a one-stoplight town in the scrublands of central Utah, a giant battery is taking shape underground.

Two caverns, each as deep as the Empire State Building is tall, are being created from a geological salt formation, using water to dissolve and remove the salt. When completed next year, the caverns will be able to store a huge amount of energy, but in a form that is vastly different from the chemical batteries found in everything from flashlights to cars.

Here, the energy will be stored as hydrogen gas.

The developers, including Chevron, which bought a majority stake in one of the projects in September, plan to produce hydrogen using excess solar and wind power in spring and fall, when demand for electricity is low, and store it in the caverns. Then in the summer, when electricity demand is high, it would be burned in the second project, a power plant that would use a blend of hydrogen and natural gas.

That new plant would replace an aging facility that burns coal, the dirtiest of the fossil fuels, but would still emit some planet-warming gases depending on the mix of natural gas and hydrogen.

The coal-fired plant, which was dedicated in 1987 at a ceremony that featured the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, is due to shut down because it stands to lose its major customers, Los Angeles and other cities in Southern California, as that state has moved to sharply reduce greenhouse gas emissions from power generation.

But because the coal plant sends power to Southern California, there is a long-distance, high-voltage transmission line already in place. At a time when building new lines is costly and can take a decade or longer, an existing line is invaluable. It could carry electricity from the new natural gas-hydrogen plant and also could bring in renewable power for the hydrogen project.

And in what Mr. Ward [Ward Cleaver?] called the “happiest of coincidences,” geology played a role, too. As it happens, the area is underlain by salt domes, underground columns of salt that can be dissolved with water, leaving impermeable caverns that are ideal for gas storage.

At a nearby railroad siding, workers were using a crane to unload the first of 40 electrolyzers from a rail car. The 100-ton behemoths, each roughly the size of a large shipping container, will be used to generate the hydrogen by splitting water molecules. The process, electrolysis, has been used for decades, although not at this scale. The cost of this project is expected to be more than $1 billion.

“It’s a massive amount of [energy] storage,” said Jigar Shah, head of the Department of Energy’s loan program office, which issued a $504 million loan guarantee for the project. “And it comes at the exact right time” in the West, he said, where there are many new renewable energy projects that together can produce more electricity than needed in the spring and fall. “This is a great way to deal with all that excess supply.”

That's a "skeletonized" version of the report. Of course, there's more online. But I duplicated a generous amount of the text. Now if I could just come up with a way to lure more forum members into this thread...

"A Huge Underground 'Battery' Is Coming to a Tiny Utah Town"
Henry Fountain "of knowledge" for the New York Times; January 12, 2024.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...-climate-change.html

"That's a infrastructure..."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-12-2024).]

PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 06:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:

87 F HERE TODAY

NEW RECORD BY 4 DEGS

CAR-TUNES AIN'T GOING TO FIX IT

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-12-2024 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Neither are wind turbines, electric cars or solar panels.

You might want to buy longer mooring lines......
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2024 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

87 F HERE TODAY

NEW RECORD BY 4 DEGS

We have been below freezing five of the last six mornings. Many years, we do not go below freezing all winter. This is called "weather", not "climate".

I don't know about that, this cartoon makes me feel kind of warm and fuzzy.

[This message has been edited by williegoat (edited 01-13-2024).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2024 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

87 F HERE TODAY

NEW RECORD BY 4 DEGS

Neither are wind turbines, electric cars or solar panels.

You might want to buy longer mooring lines......

"... 'King Coal's' crown snatched by Wind, Solar"
Source: https://www.canarymedia.com...on-us-grid-this-year

"Exponential growth of solar and wind-generated electricity"
Source: https://rmi.org/insight/x-change-electricity/

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-13-2024).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2024 11:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yup, we need to be totally reliant on electric power.....

https://youtu.be/5kJ_SofFm0g?si=cls7rxwXDXWCBdK5
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-13-2024 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yup, we need to be totally reliant on electric power.....

https://youtu....rxwXDXWCBdK5

"The US just made its biggest-ever investment in the grid"

The power grid is not ready to handle the energy transition—or extreme weather. The Biden administration hopes $3.5B in new investments will fix that.
Jeff St. John for Canary Media; October 18, 2023.
https://www.canarymedia.com...vestment-in-the-grid

"Two Years of Building a Better Grid: What it Means for Communities"
U.S. Department of Energy, Grid Deployment Office; January 12, 2024.
https://www.energy.gov/gdo/...it-means-communities

"Everytime you listen to Tucker Carlson, you (should) feel (more than just) a little bit dumber."
To paraphrase what Nikki Haley said about Vivek Ramaswamy recently, that went "viral."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-14-2024).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2024 10:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We have technology to prevent widespread damage to our modern lifestyle in the event of another 'Carrington Event',.but it would take a large investment from private companies to semi-hard3n the infrastructure.

Consider a Carrington event as an EMP attack, only thousands of times stronger and possibly world wide.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 01-14-2024).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2024 10:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

We do not have technology to prevent widespread damage to our modern lifestyle in the event of another 'Carrington Event'.

Consider a Carrington event as an EMP attack, only thousands of times stronger and world wide.

WWTD

Click to show
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2024 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's easy.....

Be informed

Think outside the media four news stories a day box.

Approach ones life with an open mind.

Question what you are told.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-14-2024 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was 2023 really the "Year From Hell" that presages a "whole 'nuther smoke" when it comes to the earth's climate?

Everyone who keeps abreast of the long-running and ongoing global warming conversation knows the name of Gavin Schmidt.

"2023... not just another dot on the graph?"
Gavin Schmidt for RealClimate; January 12, 2024.
https://www.realclimate.org...er-dot-on-the-graph/

I'm putting this up as kind of a bookmark for myself. I may come back to it later.

Say "hello" to Gavin Schmidt:
https://earth.gsfc.nasa.gov/maniac/schmidt
PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2024 01:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You have a knack for misunderstanding.
Is it hereditary, or is it because you like the path California has taken since the Democrats took it over?

no HE WAS CORRECT
YOU NEED

BOTH THE RUMP AND THE GODBOTHERED CULTS REINFORCE EACH OTHER

they also loot your wealth by begging for the greater god rump or his son

save your money do not support the beggars
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2024 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What in the world are you talking about?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2024 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He's talking about this:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...000494-35.html#p1376

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-15-2024).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2024 02:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

the double delusions of the rump and a god
the problem is CON- FUSED BOTH

and bingo the rump is god
you need to be deprogrammed
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-15-2024 02:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So, have you started to look at your home state under Democrat rule?
Do you like it?
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-19-2024 07:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Delusionals, they're everywhere, like, Zombies without brains. It may be a sinister plot by sinister three letters, something in the water !
Concerned

See ? They're everywhere !

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 03-08-2024).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2024 02:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Suck planet-warming CO2 out of the atmosphere and desalinate seawater at the same time? This "Two Things at Once" idea is the focus of California and New Zealand-based startup Capture6, which has a plan—and a contract—to build a pilot installation dubbed "Project Octopus" for the petrochemicals industry in South Korea.

Justine Calma for TheVerge; January 17, 2024.
https://www.theverge.com/20...-korea-pilot-project

Celebrated NFL Kansas City Chiefs player Travis Kelce is featured in a "Two Things at Once" commercial from Pfizer, aimed at boosting uptake of their latest Covid-19 "booster" vaccine.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-21-2024 02:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Suck planet-warming CO2 out of the atmosphere and desalinate seawater at the same time? This "Two Things at Once" idea is the focus of California and New Zealand-based startup Capture6, which has a plan—and a contract—to build a pilot installation dubbed "Project Octopus" for the petrochemicals industry in South Korea.

"We have screwed up the weather, but I have a plan to alter the chemistry of both the air and the sea! Yeah, that'll fix things."
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2024 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 01-23-2024).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock