Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Carbon dioxide hysteria (Page 39)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Carbon dioxide hysteria by olejoedad
Started on: 12-09-2022 03:51 PM
Replies: 1696 (20284 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 04-25-2024 12:26 PM
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2024 07:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm fine with fossil fuels, especially if domestically produced.
Domestic jobs.
Domestic wealth.
National security.
No funding to other countries.
More CO². It's a good thing, no matter what brainwashing you have bought into.
No fossil fuels wasted in international transport.
Reduced risk of huge maritime spills.
More fuel efficient transportation technologies - ICE/electric hybrids, hydrogen.
Reduced damage to the environment from building full electric battery technology.
No money to China for their electric technology.
Money freed up in USA for improving our grid.
No waste disposal issues from turbine blades and batteries.
That's a partial list.

But more importantly, keeping the beauty of the countryside pristine and unspoiled by solar panels and wind turbine monstrosities.

Natural gas fired and nuclear electrical generation makes a lot more sense.

The green energy movement isn't about saving the planet, it's about wealth redistribution and control of the masses.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 02-26-2024).]

IP: Logged
ray b

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2024 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
KOCH BRO'S THANK YOU

you completely swallowed the propaganda
and regurgitate it so well

do you even ever care about the truth ?
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2024 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ray b:

KOCH BRO'S THANK YOU

you completely swallowed the propaganda
and regurgitate it so well

do you even ever care about the truth ?

Translation....

Build the economies of Russia, Iran, Venezuela and China, at the expense of security of America.

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2024 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Translation....

Build the economies of Russia, Iran, Venezuela and China, at the expense of security of America.

yes I support putin the china nut and I love the rump
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2024 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

yes I support putin the china nut and I love the rump

I believe you do.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2024 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Corn fields near Des Moines, Iowa.

Do people come from far and near just to see the monotony of these cornfields? Or seemingly endless, straight rows of lettuce or artichokes on flat land? Or flat acreages of wheat, as far as the eye can see? I think not. And I think there is a lot of agricultural land of this kind, all around the country, where solar installations or modern wind turbines would not be unwelcome intrusions, in terms of the visual aesthetics.

Of course, there are farms, orchards, ranches and the like, all around the country, that people do enjoy for the aesthetics of the scenery and the classic or vintage farm buildings and barns and other installations. Rolling hills. Rough hewn timber fences or old fashioned windmills. It's understandable that people would not want to see solar panel installations or modern wind turbines encroaching on these areas.

Remember that converting just 1% of U.S. farmland with agrivoltaic installations for dual use farming and solar energy is a figure to hang your hat on:

While agrivoltaics research is still in relatively early stages, harmonizing agricultural and solar energy interests has the potential to greatly benefit both industries. According to a 2021 University of Oregon study, converting just 1% of U.S. farmland to agrivoltaic systems would allow solar developers to reach upcoming renewable energy targets. For farmers, agrivoltaics create the rare opportunity to make agricultural land dual-use, allowing farmers to diversify income streams while continuing crop production. As interest continues to grow, developers should expect new and varied opportunities to implement agrivoltaics in future projects.

"Common Ground: Agrivoltaics Provide Mutual Benefits to Developers and Farmers"
Jordan Farrell and Bo Mahr for Husch Blackwell "Climate Solutions"; December 20, 2023.
https://www.climatesolution...cultural-production/

... keeping the beauty of the countryside pristine and unspoiled by solar panels and wind turbine monstrosities.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-26-2024).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2024 11:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Do people come from far and near just to see the monotony of these cornfields? Or seemingly endless, straight rows of lettuce or artichokes on flat land? Or flat acreages of wheat, as far as the eye can see? I think not. And I think there is a lot of agricultural land of this kind, all around the country, where solar installations or modern wind turbines would not be unwelcome intrusions, in terms of the visual aesthetics.

I have always wanted to run through a corn field, like in the movies... but I honestly don't have a problem with dual-use of the land as this proposes. I actually think it would be a good use of the land and could be beneficial to certain plants, so long as it doesn't increase the cost of farming. It could, actually... allow a greater use of existing farm land so as to protect natural currently undisturbed natural habitat. Most solar power fields are built on Federal or state-owned land... which is usually undeveloped land... thus resulting in pristine lands getting ruined.

So I think it could be a huge benefit, so long as the three things I mentioned in my first response to you, are mitigated (or considered).

But as I am not the ruler of the world (yet), all I can do is give you my opinion!

EDIT, instead of farm subsidies... the state and local governments could subsidize farmers in their state through the integration of solar panels.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 02-26-2024).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2024 12:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Corn fields near Des Moines, Iowa.

Of course, there are farms, orchards, ranches and the like, all around the country, that people do enjoy for the aesthetics of the scenery and the classic or vintage farm buildings and barns and other installations. Rolling hills. Rough hewn timber fences or old fashioned windmills. It's understandable that people would not want to see solar panel installations or modern wind turbines encroaching on these areas.

Remember that converting just 1% of U.S. farmland with agrivoltaic installations for dual use farming and solar energy is a figure to hang your hat on:

The farmers in my area would not agree with your opinion.
They are fed up with state government pushing solar and wind onto agricultural ground.

Your opinion doesn't mean squat to them, or really to anyone besides you.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-26-2024 07:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The farmers in my area would not agree with your opinion. They are fed up with state government pushing solar and wind onto agricultural ground.

Your opinion doesn't mean squat to them, or really to anyone besides you.

That's all well and good, but what are going to say to Detroit-based DTE Energy?

DTE Energy is seeking proposals for renewable energy projects in the state of Michigan to add 1GW of capacity.

The projects will be part of the company’s CleanVision IRP and will support the state’s aim of 60% of energy from renewable resources by 2030.

The initiative is a critical step towards DTE’s broader carbon reduction goals.

The projects are expected to be operational by March 2027 and must be located within Michigan, with connections to the Midcontinent Independent System Operator or distribution-level transmission.

The deadline for bid submissions is 14 May 2024, with plans to finalise contracts by the autumn.

DTE Energy renewable sales and project development vice-president Joseph Musallam stated: “DTE is committed to transforming the way we generate energy while maintaining reliability and affordability for our customers. As a result, we continue to be the state’s leading producer of and investor in utility-scale renewable energy projects.

“Our existing wind and solar parks are reducing Michigan’s carbon footprint while providing jobs, tax revenue and additional benefits to local communities across the state, and future developments will continue to grow our clean energy economy.”

Announced in 2022, the CleanVision IRP is a 20-year strategy to transition to more sustainable energy sources. This includes expediting solar and wind investments and facilitating the retirement of coal plants.

In July 2023, DTE Energy entered agreements with Michigan stakeholders including Attorney General Dana Nessel, the Michigan Public Service Commission and local labour organisations to collaborate on the future resource plan.

The company’s renewable energy portfolio comprises 20 wind and 33 solar parks, generating sufficient clean energy for 750,000 homes.

DTE Energy has set a goal of 1GW of additional new wind and solar capacity annually from 2026.

It also plans to shut down its coal plants and invest $11 [billion] in renewables in the decade to 2033.

By 2042, it aims to have a renewable energy generation capacity exceeding 15GW, enough to supply power to four million homes.

Power Technology; February 26, 2024.
https://www.power-technolog...s/?cf-view&cf-closed

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 02-26-2024).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2024 09:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"We in the United States could be on the wrong side of a turbine 'gap'... losing the international turbine 'race'..."

Let us know when they can land a man on the Moon. They can not do zhit until they steal our technology.

International turbine 'race' ?

Riddle me this rinselberg. Why do the Chinese even build windmills and solar panels ?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2024 09:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35931 posts
Member since Jun 2003

I can't remember how many stories I've heard about people with agricultural land expressing strong negative reactions—like olejoedad—to agrivoltaics.

Tell us about one that YOU heard. Or, do you hear about from an anonymous source, or hear say ?
PFF
System Bot
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2024 09:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35931 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Suddenly, the same land owners became agrivoltaics evangelists, encouraging their neighbors to consider it for themselves!

Can you walk and chew bubble gum at the same time ? I encourage you to try. If you get good at it, learn to blow bubbles at the same time.

Why are solar farms not growing crops already ? Those windmills. Tell me about them. Did they buy all the land their farms are on ?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-27-2024 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

As of March 2023, the National Renewable Energy Laboratory had identified 314 agrivoltaic projects in the United States representing over 2.8GW of solar capacity. Most were focused on grazing and pollinator habitat, with relatively [few] integrating crop production.

"Agrivoltaics: Solar and Agriculture Co-Location"
Solar Energy Technologies Office; U.S. Department of Energy.
https://www.energy.gov/eere...20crop%20production.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 07:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you think of any drawbacks to using fossil fuels for energy?

No. Tell us of just one.

Even if you believe that more carbon dioxide is a good thing, there are other environmental impacts from the oil and gas industry and the coal industry, and they mostly come as environmental damage and not benefits for the environment. Or would you even argue with that?

I would be glad to discuss that.

Even if you believe that the farcical green energy is a good thing, there are many environmental impacts from the stupidity.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

"Scientists Are Freaking Out About Ocean Temperatures"

“It’s like an omen oven of the future.”

David Gelles for the New York Times; February 27, 2024.
https://www.nytimes.com/202...an-temperatures.html
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
arctic ice is far less the NORTHEAST PASSAGE IS IN USE

AND THE NORTHWEST IS USABLE

NOW THE ANTARCTIC ICE IS ALSO GREATLY REDUCED

[MEDIA=youtube]eGkJSEOd1R4[/MEDIA]

https://youtu.be/eGkJSEOd1R4
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

ray b

12550 posts
Member since Jan 2001

Originally posted by cliffw:

I would be glad to discuss that.

Even if you believe that the farcical green energy is a good thing, there are many environmental impacts from the stupidity.

FLORIDA IS DOOMED BY THE LIES OF THE RIGHTWING OIL CORP'S

ICE ICE BABY IT IS MELTING

THE SEA WILL RISE

KOCH BRO'S WILL INCREASE THEIR PROFITS
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 10:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Agrivoltaics: Solar and Agriculture Co-Location"
Solar Energy Technologies Office; U.S. Department of Energy.
https://www.energy.gov/eere...20crop%20production.

You do realize that the Dept of Energy is run by a complete partisan idiot?
We had eight long years of her as governor.
She is a moron, and driving a political, not scientific, agenda
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 11:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You do realize that the Dept of Energy is run by a complete partisan idiot? We had eight long years of her as governor. She is a moron, and driving a political, not scientific, agenda.

"Moron" is the first word that comes to my mind when I think of how to describe Donald Trump, but that doesn't stop me from seeing positive in some of the things that happened during Trump's presidency. Here's an example from the U.S. Department of the Interior:

"Trump Administration Awards $6,800,000 to Promote Lower Consumer Costs and Greater Energy Efficiency in the U.S. Territories"
September 17, 2020.
https://www.doi.gov/oia/pre...s-and-greater-energy

There was a focus in that, on SOLAR ENERGY.

It's just something I turned up quickly, as I was thinking of how to respond to the criticism of the current Secretary of Energy, Jennifer Granholm.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 03:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Moron" is the first word that comes to my mind when I think of how to describe Donald Trump, but that doesn't stop me from seeing positive in some of the things that happened during Trump's presidency. Here's an example from the U.S. Department of the Interior:

"Trump Administration Awards $6,800,000 to Promote Lower Consumer Costs and Greater Energy Efficiency in the U.S. Territories"
September 17, 2020.
https://www.doi.gov/oia/pre...s-and-greater-energy

There was a focus in that, on SOLAR ENERGY.

It's just something I turned up quickly, as I was thinking of how to respond to the criticism of the current Secretary of Energy, Jennifer Granholm.

Of course you think that, and there is a reason you think that.

You are a victim of the liberal media that fills your brain with falsehoods and mush.
ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Of course you think that, and there is a reason you think that.

You are a victim of the liberal media that fills your brain with falsehoods and mush.

SO YOUR ODD IDEAS ONLY COME FROM THE EXTREME RIGHTWING

who are proven to lie and paid huge sums for it recently with more to come soon

why do you repeat known lies here from sites known to lie

lying for jesus and for the rump also
PFF
System Bot
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

SO YOUR ODD IDEAS ONLY COME FROM THE EXTREME RIGHTWING

who are proven to lie and paid huge sums for it recently with more to come soon

why do you repeat known lies here from sites known to lie

lying for jesus and for the rump also

Quoted as an example of posting hate.
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post02-28-2024 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Quoted as an example of posting hate.

I believe that the true beauty of free speech is that it gives everyone the opportunity to tell us who he really is.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2024 02:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Scientists Are Freaking Out About Ocean Temperatures".

Why ? Fear mongering ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-29-2024 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Why? Fear mongering?

Look at the data for 2023 and 2024, and how much difference there is from all previous years.
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Why scientists are "freaking out" over ocean temperatures...

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-01-2024).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2024 07:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Look at the data for 2023 and 2024, and how much difference there is from all previous years.

Why scientists are "freaking out" over ocean temperatures...

That is not why. You can't play me for stupid. You can play with yourself all you want.

What does that have to do with the cost of beer in Bandera TX ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2024 09:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is not why...

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-01-2024).]

ray b

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2024 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

note who uses only the unreliable nut con sites
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2024 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That is why scientists are freaking out ?

Lame.

You have demonstrated many times that you do not understand climate. Yet you preach to us about how we are screwing it up.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 06:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has curiosity ever led you to consider looking at a climate blog, just to see what's been blogged that might catch your eye?

I found two blog entries at PR Newswire that are like Michelin restaurant guides, except it's not about restaurants—it's about climate blogs. Blogs about blogs..!

"Blog Profiles: Climate Change Blogs, Volume 1"
Stephanie Donovan for PR Newswire; updated August 16, 2021.
https://mediablog.prnewswir...limate-change-blogs/

"Blog Profiles: Climate Change Blogs, Volume 2"
Cory Max Montoya for PR Newswire; updated August 13, 2021.
https://mediablog.prnewswir...ange-blogs-volume-2/

The first two blogs that are profiled in "Volume 1" merit marquee attraction status:

NASA Climate Change
https://science.nasa.gov/climate-change/

RealClimate "Climate science from climate scientists..."
https://www.realclimate.org/

Climate blogs are the online destinations that even the savviest Internet travelers often overlook.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-02-2024).]

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 11:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The farmers in my area would not agree with your opinion.
They are fed up with state government pushing solar and wind onto agricultural ground..

Why are they upset?

Government can't force them to do any of those things with their own land, and they have no right to complain about what other people chose to do with their own property. Windfarms and solar panels don't produce any pollution that would interfere with their neighbors rights. They are not like hog farms or commercial factories.

PFF
System Bot
williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:

Why are they upset?

Government can't force them to do any of those things with their own land, and they have no right to complain about what other people chose to do with their own property.

Uh huh...tell me about this magical land.

Windfarms and solar panels don't produce any pollution that would interfere with their neighbors rights. They are not like hog farms or commercial factories.

Of course you are a middle-of-the-road capitalist, we believe you. No, really, we believe you.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by williegoat:

Uh huh...tell me about this magical land.

What could I tell you about your state? They don't force farmers to convert to green energy and farmers should not care what other people do with their property?

So can you answer my question about why they are upset. Seems like they are squealing about politics instead of the actual FREEDOM they have to do whatever they want with their own property.

Of course you are a middle-of-the-road capitalist, we believe you. No, really, we believe you.

You should not just blindly believe what I tell you. Go do the research for yourself. Then you will see that what I am saying is true.

williegoat

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 01:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BingB:

You should not just blindly believe what I tell you.

Fred has spoken.
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Fred has spoken.

What is your point?

Don't you agree that Fred was 100% correct if he ever actually said that?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-02-2024 02:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The farmers in my area would not agree with your opinion: They are fed up with state government pushing solar and wind onto agricultural ground....

But not this farmer. Reading between the lines, it seems like he's receptive to the idea of having wind or solar installed on some of his land, and resents the idea that certain people are putting obstacles in his way:

“I can’t do on my property what I’d like to do, and I’m trying to save my family farm,” said Kevin Health of Milan Township. He accused “big money and outside forces” of stoking opposition to renewable energy in his community.

Effort underway to repeal the new Michigan law that allows the state to override local resistance to wind and solar
Kelly House for Bridge Michigan; January 19, 2024.
https://www.bridgemi.com/mi...le-energy-siting-law

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 03-02-2024).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Has curiosity ever led you to consider looking at a climate blog, just to see what's been blogged that might catch your eye?

Has curiosity ever led you to consider looking at climate blogs which do not agree with your fantasies ?

A blog is a blob of "opinion".
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 11:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35931 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Effort underway to repeal the new Michigan law that allows the state to override local resistance to wind and solar
Kelly House for Bridge Michigan; January 19, 2024.
https://www.bridgemi.com/mi...le-energy-siting-law

Link posted by rinselberg:
Why it matters

As the threat of climate change prompts a society-wide push to ditch fossil fuels, Michigan government and utilities have committed to decarbonizing the state’s energy grid by midcentury.

How can you be so dishonest ?

Since the beginning of Earth, climate change happened.

Prompts a society-wide push to ditch fossil fuels ?
BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

“I can’t do on my property what I’d like to do, and I’m trying to save my family farm,” said Kevin Health of Milan Township. He accused “big money and outside forces” of stoking opposition to renewable energy in his community.

Typical of the right. The strongly support your right to be free to agree 100% with them. That is what "freedom" means to them.

The support denying people the right to do what they want with their own property.

BingB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-03-2024 12:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BingBSend a Private Message to BingBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BingB

1036 posts
Member since Nov 2023

How can you be so dishonest ?

Since the beginning of Earth, climate change happened.

Prompts a society-wide push to ditch fossil fuels ?

You don't get it.

Everyone agrees that climate change has happened in the past. But pretty much everyone agrees that human activity that has caused a massive increase in CO2 in the atmosphere is making things much worse.

It is possible for BOTH of those things to be true. Climate change has happened in the past but human activity is making it worse.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock