Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Carbon dioxide hysteria (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 42 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Carbon dioxide hysteria by olejoedad
Started on: 12-09-2022 03:51 PM
Replies: 1658 (19635 views)
Last post by: cliffw on 03-22-2024 08:42 AM
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2022 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fusion is the word of the day.
IP: Logged
MidEngineManiac

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post12-15-2022 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Quick, find something bad with fusion we can panic about.

We desperately need a new way to fleece the suckers serve the public.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2022 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Back to the original topic.....

What is the end game?

Hint: One would think that better agricultural production would be a good thing all around.
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2022 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Steven E. Koonin

"bio" online at U.S. Department of Energy, as a member of the Advisory Board
https://www.energy.gov/seab...tors/steven-e-koonin

U.S. Department of Energy Under Secretary for Science during Obama's first term, from 2009 to 2011.

Notable for authoring this book:
"Unsettled: What Climate Science Tells Us, What It Doesn't, and Why It Matters" (2021)

"If you know the name of William Happer, you should also know the name of Steven E. Koonin."

"CO2 Crime Stoppers Notebook... don't bogart that molecule!"

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-15-2022).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2022 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

What is 80US DT gs ?

Originally posted by cliffw:

The first off shore wind farm ? There is only one damn windmill.

40 years of off shore experience ? What kind of off shore experience ?

Is that off shore windmill floating free, no tethers to keep it place ?

Did you ignore my questions ?

Whay keeps that windmill from floating into shipping lanes ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2022 02:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you ignore my questions ? Whay keeps that windmill from floating into shipping lanes?

Floating offshore wind turbines are like ships at anchor. The ship floats, but the anchor line(s) keep the ship from floating free. Behold, floating offshore wind turbine anchors or mooring systems:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-18-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2022 04:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Yep.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2022 11:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you ignore my questions ? Whay keeps that windmill from floating into shipping lanes?

No. If you're here, just scroll back to the post before the post before this one. (Public Service Announcement.)
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2022 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
To continue on the topic of this thread.....

https://youtu.be/FvEQBMcwHVw
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2022 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Oh Yeah !

Think some more..

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 12-17-2022).]

randye

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2022 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2022 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I did not ignore the questions. If you are here, scroll back six messages before this one. I could "PM" you, but that seems so... straightforward.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-17-2022).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2022 09:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2022 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow. That took a lot of thought. Instead of just using text to say "THERE IS NO CLIMATE EMERGENCY", transform it into... that.

That's taking a play from the playbook of the Kuk'ster himself... "I will work a work you will not believe, though it be told you."

The new magic number is 8.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-17-2022).]

Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2022 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hmmmn..

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2022 11:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow. That took a lot of thought. Instead of just using text to say "THERE IS NO CLIMATE EMERGENCY", transform it into... that.

That's taking a play from the playbook of the Kuk'ster himself... "I will work a work you will not believe, though it be told you."

The new magic number is 8.

Does your brain cell get lonely?
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2022 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2022 03:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Floating offshore wind turbines are like ships at anchor. The ship floats, but the anchor line(s) keep the ship from floating free. Behold, floating offshore wind turbine anchors or mooring systems:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2022 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This video essentially disputes some of the comments that have been made over the past week since this breakthrough happened:

"It produced more energy than the lasers had deposited... 2 megajules in, 3 megajules out."

I'm not really sure HOW this is possible... creating more energy from less energy, but if the law of energy still holds true, it's coming from somewhere, but this is a very significant breakthrough.

What it is NOT; however, is that which all the lefties on Twitter are saying. This does not mean energy will be free ... nothing is free. It also does not mean that the Star Trek utopia comes to reality, we are probably a decade away from even seeing even an inkling of any benefit from it. It will definitely help mankind... but this is a first step.

[This message has been edited by 82-T/A [At Work] (edited 12-18-2022).]

MidEngineManiac

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 297
User Banned

Report this Post12-18-2022 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MidEngineManiacSend a Private Message to MidEngineManiacEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2022 03:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

This video essentially disputes some of the comments that have been made over the past week since this breakthrough happened:

"It produced more energy than the lasers had deposited... 2 megajules in, 3 megajules out."

I'm not really sure HOW this is possible... creating more energy from less energy, but if the law of energy still holds true, it's coming from somewhere, but this is a very significant breakthrough.

What it is NOT; however, is that which all the lefties on Twitter are saying. This does not mean energy will be free ... nothing is free. It also does not mean that the Star Trek utopia comes to reality, we are probably a decade away from even seeing even an inkling of any benefit from it. It will definitely help mankind... but this is a first step.

I don't even have to go onto Twitter to know that there could not be a bigger mistake than for someone to say that "all the lefties on Twitter are saying" that this fusion milestone means that "energy will be [or should be] free" in any foreseeably near-term future scenario.

People who line up with the idea of reducing carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gas emissions for the sake of Climate know full well that in all likelihood, significant energy production from nuclear fusion is still decades in the future, even under the most optimistic scenarios. These people have no time for the idea of abandoning wind and solar, or nuclear fission power reactors, or whatever else they are in favor of instead of fossil fuels, and just waiting for nuclear fusion reactors to become a practical reality.

"All the lefties on Twitter are saying ..." must be a small number of persons, indeed. Are you sure they aren't just "bots" that Elon hasn't been able to eliminate?

That's a really weird statement.
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2022 05:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2022 06:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Greta finally decided to let the beard grow, huh?
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2022 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The Mystery Of 536 AD: The Worst Climate Disaster In History

Recreating The Volcanic Eruption That Led To The Dark Ages

Prof. Juliet Biggs - What drives volcanic unrest?

Krakatoa pops again, inducing a catastrophic cooling, failing crops, consecutive years of cold summers, glaciers move into the valleys, snows fail to melt at much lower latitudes.
Ocean levels drop a few millimeters.
Polar bears are tracked on the north shore of Lake Superior, hundreds of miles south of their historical range, interbreeding with black bears, monster hybrids, carnivorous monster bears.
The Thames River in London freezes over, again.
Valkrie9

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2022 08:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Valkrie9Send a Private Message to Valkrie9Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Valkrie9

1393 posts
Member since Jan 2021

Only one place on Earth that looks like that, Gaspe, QC. That's the St Lawrence River.
Why Did The Earth Totally Freeze ?

[This message has been edited by Valkrie9 (edited 12-19-2022).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2022 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Did you ignore my questions ?

No. If you're here, just scroll back to the post before the post before this one. (Public Service Announcement.)

My. That was a lame try.

You show me an artist's rendition of an idea and call it settled science.

Without answering my other questions.

You said this theory has existed for 40 years. 40 years of experience. I asked you, "what experience ?"

Did you ignore my question, or, do you just not know what you preach about ?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2022 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

cliffw

35768 posts
Member since Jun 2003

Originally posted by olejoedad:
Does your brain cell get lonely?

Priceless !

So much potential for anybodies opinion.

Thank you.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2022 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My. That was a lame try. You show me an artist's rendition of an idea and call it settled science. Without answering my other questions.

You said this theory has existed for 40 years. 40 years of experience. I asked you, "What experience?"

Did you ignore my question, or, do you just not know what you preach about?

Let's have the GIF that I posted, again:

It's just an animated image that I kind of casually tossed into the conversation for some "eye candy." It's from whatever group (I'd have to look it up) is taking credit for developing and installing the world's first floating offshore wind energy project or "wind farm." It says "Based on more than 40 years of offshore experience."

"Based on more than 40 years of offshore experience." That is not to be read as more than 40 years of floating offshore wind energy experience. Just "offshore experience." If you think about "more than 40 years" that goes back to before 1982. It's offshore experience of various kinds. Some of it would be offshore wind energy, but closer onshore, so that the wind turbines are on foundations that extend all the way down into to the seabed. These are not floating offshore wind turbines. They are the currently far more common offshore wind turbines that do not float.

But it's not just wind energy. More than 40 years of offshore experience could (and undoubtedly does) include construction and installation of offshore oil and gas facilities. If not that, it could include offshore construction for container ship ports. Or other kinds of offshore construction. Bridges.

So "cliffw" is not understanding this GIF that I posted, in a kind of offhand manner. He was not understanding it, but now he is understanding it.

This isn't "theory". Floating offshore wind energy projects are already installed and operating, and there is more than just one such project already in operation.

Only a handful of mostly small demonstration projects have been developed so far, totalling around 125 megawatts, according to a Department of Energy report published earlier this year. The largest floating farm in the world so far is the nearly 50-megawatt Kincardine project off the shores of Scotland. There are also small projects operating in China, Japan, France, Norway, and Portugal, the report notes.

There are big plans to build more globally. The total capacity of projects in the pipeline—including large sites in Australia, Brazil, South Korea, and the United Kingdom—doubled in 2021, to more than 60 gigawatts.

The Biden administration has set a US goal of developing 15 gigawatts of floating wind by 2035 and established a program designed to cut the cost of the technology by 70% over that time. (It’s also aiming to build 30 gigawatts of all types of offshore wind by 2030.)

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2022 11:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

"Based on more than 40 years of offshore experience." That is not to be read as more than 40 years of floating offshore wind energy experience. Just "offshore experience." If you think about "more than 40 years" that goes back to before 1982.

My, you are right. Ships had anchors way before 1982.

You told us, that you have ridden a horse, one time. To the destination, and walked back. Have you ever been one a boat ?

There were anchors when man first sailed the ocean blue. Considerably more time than 40 years.

Do you not know the answer to the question I asked you ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 02:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My, you are right. Ships had anchors way before 1982.

You told us, that you have ridden a horse, one time. To the destination, and walked back. Have you ever been one a boat?

There were anchors when man first sailed the ocean blue. Considerably more time than 40 years.

Do you not know the answer to the question I asked you?

"Having been on a boat" encompasses a number of widely varied possibilities. But to cut to the chase: yes, I've been on a boat. More than once. I've been on various boats of various kinds on various occasions in various years.

I'm not sure what other question of me you are bringing up here. Is it about this other image that I posted?

I just posted it as eye candy. Wind energy-themed eye candy. I think it's amusing in that way. A very small amusement, to be sure.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 12-19-2022).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

... to cut to the chase: yes, I've been on a boat. More than once. I've been on various boats of various kinds on various occasions in various years.

Ok, thank you. Have you ever been on a boat that was anchored ?
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 10:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think not.

Several years ago, I toured the USS Hornet floating museum in nearby Alameda. The aircraft carrier that was the focal point of the recovery operations for the Mercury space capsules (if memory serves me.) That was moored to a dock. So I guess that's not what you mean by being on a boat that's at anchor. Or maybe it is.

I have no idea where you're going with this line of questioning.

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 11:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have no idea where you're going with this line of questioning.

Again, thank you.

I am only questioning your preaching. Do you believe what you say, or not.

You say 40 years of experience, you won't say where it came from, now you claim it was first when man sailed the ocean blue. Considerably more than 40 years.

Don't tell any one. I do know when those 40 years started.

I am going to make you say it. I do not believe you are that ignorant.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 11:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There's so much new wind energy-related material that I like to post every day (and even multiple times a day) that it takes two threads to keep up with it all.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...L/000377-4.html#p156

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There's so much new wind energy-related material that I like to post every day (and even multiple times a day) that it takes two threads to keep up with it all.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/...L/000377-4.html#p156

Then post your off topic comments in a thread about wind energy and quit diluting this thread about carbon dioxide hysteria.

Or perhaps you're posting here because the carbon dioxide hysteria pushback in this thread is making you hysterical.

Do you need a hysterectomy?
williegoat

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 12:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Do you need a hysterectomy?

cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

There's so much new wind energy ...

Actually, there is not !

I do believe you believe everything that you think. Everybody on this planet, everybody, has heard of a lot of wind coming from some bodies lips.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just don't light up a cigarette or try to vape when you're around these CO2 Coalition people that "olejoedad" has been posting about here.

You can smell the gasoline from the bankrolls of $100 bills that are stuffed in their lobbyist pockets from Exxon and Chevron and Peabody Coal.

Well not Peabody Coal.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can do better than that.
That response was pretty lame.

I feel like Marvin the Martian.......
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-19-2022 03:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just don't light up a cigarette , ...

I know what I speak about. Thanks for the advice. Can I light up my bong ?

You are talking to a guy whose career involved explosive environments, and poison gasses.

Life saving education. CO2 did not make the list.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 42 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock