Pennock's Fiero Forum
  Politics & Religion
  Carbon dioxide hysteria (Page 29)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Carbon dioxide hysteria by olejoedad
Started on: 12-09-2022 03:51 PM
Replies: 1696 (20286 views)
Last post by: olejoedad on 04-25-2024 12:26 PM
rinselberg

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2023 10:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh my. I thought they were something else.
IP: Logged
williegoat

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2023 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for williegoatClick Here to visit williegoat's HomePageSend a Private Message to williegoatEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rinselberg:

Oh my. I thought they were something else.

Well, they are all pointed Left. So, there is that.

Leftist crickets.
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2023 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's hilarious willie.

rinse, I was commenting on you not completing your thoughts on the methane question.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2023 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Radiative forcing is the scientific term for the planet-warming greenhouse effect.

In a straight up comparison, one molecule of methane (CH4) causes more radiative forcing than one molecule of carbon dioxide (CO2).

But there are more carbon dioxide molecules in the air, than methane molecules.

Methane doesn't "hang around" in the air as persistently as carbon dioxide. That's because methane is more chemically reactive. A molecule of methane in the air persists for about 8 to 12 years on average, before it reacts chemically and turns into something else. The something else includes carbon dioxide. (I think it mostly becomes water and carbon dioxide. But don't quote me on it.)

What about the longevity of carbon dioxide in the air?

[When carbon dioxide] is added to the atmosphere, it hangs around, for a long time: between 300 to 1,000 years.

So when you put it all together, carbon dioxide is the largest contributor among the various greenhouse gases to the planet-warming greenhouse effect. Methane is the second largest. It's represented visually in this data plot:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

Carbon dioxide comes before methane when the greenhouse gases are ranked on the basis of their greenhouse effect, but there are researchers who say that "action on methane" is the easiest and fastest way to slow down global warming. There are possibilities for actively removing methane from the atmosphere that are complementary to the possibilities for further reductions in methane emissions.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-26-2023).]

cliffw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2023 10:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Really? I don't know where olejoedad's comment comes from ...

I expected as much. Yet you preach to us about carbon dioxide hysteria.

What a bizarre remark here, from "olejoedad."

I find carbon dioxide hysteria bizarre.

Radiative forcing is the scientific term for the planet-warming greenhouse effect.
In a straight up comparison, one molecule of methane (CH4) causes more radiative forcing than one molecule of carbon dioxide (CO2).

Are you being silly ? Obtuse ?

But there are more carbon dioxide molecules in the air, than methane molecules.

Again, are you being silly ? Obtuse ? How many carbon dioxide molecules are there in the air ? How many methane molecules are in the air ?

A molecule of methane in the air persists for about 8 to 12 years on average, before it reacts chemically and turns into something else.

What chemical reacts with methane ?

What about the longevity of carbon dioxide in the air?

What chemical reacts with carbon dioxide ?

Are these chemicals radiating heat magnifiers ?

So when you put it all together, carbon dioxide is the largest contributor among the various greenhouse gases to the planet-warming greenhouse effect. Methane is the second largest. It's represented visually in this data plot:

You think you are dazzling us with brilliance. I think you are trying to baffle us with bullzhit.

Data plot ? There are lies, damn lies, statistics, and data plots.
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2023 11:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the question I asked, that you didn't answer, rinse.

Originally posted by olejoedad:

(snip)

How much more potent is methane than CO2 as a greenhouse gas?

A single number, bas d on scientific knowledge, will suffice.

Is the number 2 times, 5 times 30 times, 100 times, or another number?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2023 11:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cliffw:
Are these chemicals radiating heat magnifiers?

That would be an almost scientific way of describing the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, including CO2 and methane.

That brief sentence (a question) that I quoted from cliffw is the only sentence or question in his most recent remarks, that even merit any kind of response.

I've said this before, about cliffw's climate-related remarks, and I am saying it again:

When he talks about some of the problems that are inherent, or at least evident in Climate Mitigation ideas, such as more Wind and Solar Energy, and transitioning from ICE-powered vehicles to EVs, he at least has some understanding of what he is talking about.

When it comes to the basic science of the climate-related conversations, and the Greenhouse Effect in particular, he isn't even close. He's "not in the ballpark." He's standing outside the ballpark on Waveland Avenue (so to speak.) That is how to characterize what he has just said here, aside from that one brief part of what he said that I duplicated with the quote format and honored (yes, honored!) with my response.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2023 12:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is the question I asked, that you didn't answer, rinse.

A single number, based on scientific knowledge, will suffice.

Is the number 2 times, 5 times 30 times, 100 times, or another number?

The Green Guru has no answers or is not willing to provide them if they cast doubt on Climate Change Jihad.

Some questions I have asked of which he could not, or would not answer include ...

What causes a hurricane's Catagory to increase or decrease ?
How does Global Warming cause both floods and droughts ?
How does Global Warming cause both hotter temperatures and colder temperatures ?
If you (rinselberg) believe the Earth's climate is warming, why did your ilk repackage Global Warming to Global Warming to Climate Change ?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2023 12:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is the question I asked, that you didn't answer, rinse. A single number, based on scientific knowledge, will suffice. Is the number 2 times, 5 times, 30 times, 100 times, or another number?

There isn't a single number, because this question of "How much more potent is methane than CO2 as a greenhouse gas?" is not clearly defined—there is not just a single interpretation of that question.

Let me dazzle "olejoedad" and other forum members with more brilliance—but not brilliance of my own.

Molecule for molecule comparison: Methane or CH4 is 25 times more potent than CO2 as a planet-warming greenhouse gas.

Ton for ton (or pound for pound) comparison: Methane is 70 times more potent than CO2 as a planet-warming greenhouse gas. This takes into account the difference between the molecular weights. A methane molecule has less mass, and therefore, less weight, than a CO2 molecule. A ton (or pound) of methane is more molecules than a ton (or pound) of CO2.

Based on my reading, I can say that for every molecule of methane in the air or atmosphere at this very moment, there are about 200 molecules of CO2.

With some simple arithmetic, using the numbers 200 and 25 (the molecule for molecule comparison), it would seem that CO2 should be assigned about 8 times the Radiative Forcing or Greenhouse Effect of methane. And yet, this data plot tells a different story.

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE

According to this data plot, CO2 currently has only about 3 times as much Radiative Forcing or Greenhouse Effect than methane.

Why is that? Is it because of "indirect effects"..? Is it because of TCRE, or GWP, or some of the other acronyms and nouns in this report that I very honestly do not have the scientific background to understand? Maybe. But that begs the question, "What report?" That question, at least, has a clearly defined answer; to wit:

The definitive comparison of carbon dioxide and methane from a Climate Mediation perspective, or "The definitive CO2/CH4 comparison post."
Gavin Schmidt for the RealClimate blog; September 19, 2021.
https://www.realclimate.org...ch4-comparison-post/

RealClimate... climate science from climate scientists.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-26-2023).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2023 02:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you rinse.

Next questions...

How much of the global methane load comes from non-human activities?

How much CO2 comes from human activities?
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2023 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are these chemicals radiating heat magnifiers?

That would be an almost scientific way of describing the greenhouse gases in the atmosphere, including CO2 and methane.

Almost ? Should I have said radiating forceifiers ? Are you trying to change what I asked, or, do you think chemical compounds are singular chemicals ?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rinselberg:
That brief sentence (a question) that I quoted from cliffw is the only sentence or question in his most recent remarks, that even merit any kind of response.

Well now, now I am getting somewhere. You admit you are scared you do not have a good explanation of proof of your religion.

I've said this before, about cliffw's climate-related remarks, and I am saying it again:

When he talks about some of the problems that are inherent, or at least evident in Climate Mitigation ideas, such as more Wind and Solar Energy, and transitioning from ICE-powered vehicles to EVs, he at least has some understanding of what he is talking about.

I have more understanding than you think. Mitigation ? Climate Mitigation ? Do we have a crisis which needs mitigation ? Are you scared of Mother Nature ?

When it comes to the basic science of the climate-related conversations, and the Greenhouse Effect in particular, he isn't even close. He's "not in the ballpark." He's standing outside the ballpark on Waveland Avenue (so to speak.) That is how to characterize what he has just said here, aside from that one brief part of what he said that I duplicated with the quote format and honored (yes, honored!) with my response.

Heh. Climate-related conversations. So says the non scientist.

PFF
System Bot
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2023 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I have more understanding than you think. Mitigation ? Climate Mitigation ? Do we have a crisis which needs mitigation ? Are you scared of Mother Nature ?

Heh. Climate-related conversations. So says the non scientist.

I think 165 from a TS overnite is very scary esp in late oct
that is a killer class cat
one THAT IS hard to see coming

and what I said could happen as NEW NORMAL NOW
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2023 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wichita

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2023 06:31 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leftists are not green. Hypocrites when it comes to environmental concerns or green energy. What they really want is for you to die so they can steal your wealth.

I can guarantee all of their dog lappers and lackeys who spill fake science in the name of Climate Change do nothing themselves to help. They still drink, smoke, eat at Texas Roadhouse, drive gas guzzling suvs, go on ship cruises, have inefficient homes and etc. Yet they pound their chest saying they help by eating organic pumpkin seeds from While Foods or cheering on people who spill tomato sauce on art work.

Yet they want others to suffer economic decline by stealing money from you in the name of Climate Change.

Those that don't subscribe to the leftist narrative of Climate Change are way more green then any of them. We are the ones cleaning the environment and making the world a better more sustainable place without wanting people to die or to refuse to give 3rd World people access to better, more modern and healthier lifestyles.

Biden just inked a deal to pay 20,000 Brown shirt youth activist to harass you and companies (Stop Oil group), but really it's political intimidators and agitators being paid on the backs of working people to cohearse people to vote Democrats by fear and intimidation. Leftists are not good people. They are not green. They want you dead so they can take your stuff.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 10-27-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2023 08:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Wichita:
Biden just inked a deal to pay 20,000 Brown shirt youth activist to harass you and companies (Stop Oil group), but really it's political intimidators and agitators being paid on the backs of working people to cohearse [sic] people to vote Democrats by fear and intimidation.

*** Top-rated news report ***
"Biden’s new Climate Corps will train thousands of young people"
Maxine Joselow for the Washington Post; September 20, 2023.
https://www.washingtonpost....e-corps-biden-youth/

*** New online portal ***
This is the online portal for Americans like Wichita to discover what the newly announced American Climate Corps has to offer for teenagers and young adults across the country... and order their "American Climate Corps" brown, all cotton Tee!
https://www.whitehouse.gov/climatecorps/

*** White House press release ***
"Biden-⁠Harris Administration Launches American Climate Corps to Train Young People in Clean Energy, Conservation, and Climate Resilience Skills, Create Good-Paying Jobs and Tackle the Climate Crisis"
THE WHITE HOUSE; September 20, 2023.
(This can be found at https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/page/34/ because the actual Internet page link is too many text characters.)

"Biden's new 'American Climate Corps' aims to enlist 20,000 young people"
Ben Geman for Axios; September 20, 2023.
https://www.axios.com/2023/...onment-climate-corps

"White House launches clean energy youth workforce program amid labor shortage concerns"

The American Climate Corps aims to put more than 20,000 people to work in its first year, in clean energy, conservation and climate resilience.
HR Dive; September 21, 2023.
https://www.hrdive.com/news...gy-workforce/694410/

"Biden Announces New ‘American Climate Corps’ to Train Youth for Clean-Energy Careers"
Ari Blaff for National Review; September 20, 2023.
https://www.nationalreview....lean-energy-careers/

"REALITY is where Wichita's social media addiction-fueled solipsism goes to die."

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-27-2023).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 198
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2023 08:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Leftists are not green. Hypocrites when it comes to environmental concerns or green energy. What they really want is for you to die so they can steal your wealth.

You're going to get a lot of flack for the rest of your post, but I wanted to focus on this line... because I 100% completely agree with you.

I've always said that Democrats confuse me because they spend 99% of their resources on 1% of the problem. They do this with almost every issue, every industry, and every challenge. I used to think they were... what's a nice way of saying it, confused. But now I think it's intentional... it's not meant to actually solve problems, but create new problems and funnel money to groups that keep them in power.

Let's look at the "green" movement...

Every aspect of TRUE environmentalism... and I mean things like, the Division of Forestry, the Environmental Protection Agency, the National Park Service, recycling programs... these are ALL... every single one of them was created by Republicans or... "CONSERVATIVES."

I've moved a LOT over the past 20 years... I've lived in multiple states, which include everything from solid red states, to solid blue states. In every BLUE state I've lived... recycling was a joke... they didn't actually do it. Maryland for example (which when I lived there had a Democrat governor). We had a recycling bin, but then there was a labor union dispute, and Anne Arundel County decided to halve the number of days they did recycling down to one. I watched one day when the trash truck came... both bins were dumped in the exact same truck. I e-mailed the county, and they said that they don't actually recycle and that everything goes into the landfill... ???

This happens all the time in liberal cities because they are so poorly mismanaged, that they can't afford basic services.

But then you look at places like Florida, which does a fantastic job of recycling. They have a multi-stage system that uses a serious of magnets and water pools to filter out ferrous from non-ferrous metals, glass, plastic, and everything else. They are able to separate into multiple bins, where they are compressed and sent off to plants to re-use the copper, lead, steel, plastics, etc.. They've had this system since the late 1990s.

For things they cannot recycle, or are not cost-effective to recycle, they use a system called a Wheelabator which was originally a concept designed by Waste Management (when it was owned by Wayne Huizenga from South Florida). It takes trash and incinerates it to generate power. It uses a series of high-powered scrubbers to eliminate all chemicals, CO2, and everything else from the furnace exhaust, and when done... the filters are incinerated along with the trash. Every step of the system is environmentally friendly.

Democrat states can't even manage a simple recycling program, and it's the red states that are not only managing it, but innovating. For the Democrats, everything seems to be about global warming, without considering the actual damage they're causing TODAY, to the environment. Like the mask and glove craze... my God... any concept of environmentalism went away when the new mass-psychosis was that everyone had to wear a mask.

systems like Wheelabators...
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2023 11:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:

(snip)

I've always said that Democrats confuse me because they spend 99% of their resources on 1% of the problem. They do this with almost every issue, every industry, and every challenge. I used to think they were... what's a nice way of saying it, confused. But now I think it's intentional... it's not meant to actually solve problems, but create new problems and funnel money to groups that keep them in power.

(snip)

/QUOTE]

I will focus on this single paragraph.

You're still young, compared to me, and I'm happy you finally came to this conclusion.

It's been my belief for the last 40 years.
ray b

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2023 01:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ray bSend a Private Message to ray bEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I can guarantee all of their dog lappers and lackeys who spill fake science in the name of Climate Change do nothing themselves to help. They still drink, smoke, eat at Texas Roadhouse, drive gas guzzling suvs, go on ship cruises, have inefficient homes and etc. Yet they pound their chest saying they help by eating organic pumpkin seeds from While Foods or cheering on people who spill tomato sauce on art work.

Yet they want others to suffer economic decline by stealing money from you in the name of Climate Change.

Those that don't subscribe to the leftist narrative of Climate Change are way more green then any of them. We are the ones cleaning the environment and making the world a better more sustainable place without wanting people to die or to refuse to give 3rd World people access to better, more modern and healthier lifestyles.

Biden just inked a deal to pay 20,000 Brown shirt youth activist to harass you and companies (Stop Oil group), but really it's political intimidators and agitators being paid on the backs of working people to cohearse people to vote Democrats by fear and intimidation. Leftists are not good people. They are not green. They want you dead so they can take your stuff.

your side is self limiting with crazy fear of shots to prevent DEATH
PLEASE NEVER CHANGE
LESS MAGATS IS A GOOD THING

I can't understand the self-destruction or what trump gains by it
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2023 01:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 82-T/A [At Work]:
But then you look at places like Florida, which does a fantastic job of recycling. They have a multi-stage system that uses a serious of magnets and water pools to filter out ferrous from non-ferrous metals, glass, plastic, and everything else. They are able to separate into multiple bins, where they are compressed and sent off to plants to re-use the copper, lead, steel, plastics, etc.. They've had this system since the late 1990s.

For things they cannot recycle, or are not cost-effective to recycle, they use a system called a Wheelabator which was originally a concept designed by Waste Management (when it was owned by Wayne Huizenga from South Florida). It takes trash and incinerates it to generate power. It uses a series of high-powered scrubbers to eliminate all chemicals, CO2, and everything else from the furnace exhaust, and when done... the filters are incinerated along with the trash. Every step of the system is environmentally friendly.

Democrat states can't even manage a simple recycling program, and it's the red states that are not only managing it, but innovating. For the Democrats, everything seems to be about global warming, without considering the actual damage they're causing TODAY, to the environment. Like the mask and glove craze... my God... any concept of environmentalism went away when the new mass-psychosis was that everyone had to wear a mask.

Can you point us to any articles in the Journal of Solid Waste Management along the lines of "Recycling and incineration, correlating efficiency metrics with Republican v. Democrat states, cities and counties"..?

Not just for myself... "fredtoast" could be lurking the forum.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2023 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ah, I see, you are asking for a friend.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2023 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PFF
System Bot
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2023 05:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're going to get a lot of flack for the rest of your post, but I wanted to focus on this line... because I 100% completely agree with you.

Let's look at the "green" movement...

Every aspect of TRUE environmentalism... and I mean things like, the Division of Forestry, the Environmental Protection Agency, the National Park Service, recycling programs... these are ALL... every single one of them was created by Republicans or... "CONSERVATIVES."

I've moved a LOT over the past 20 years... I've lived in multiple states, which include everything from solid red states, to solid blue states. In every BLUE state I've lived... recycling was a joke... they didn't actually do it. Maryland for example (which when I lived there had a Democrat governor). We had a recycling bin, but then there was a labor union dispute, and Anne Arundel County decided to halve the number of days they did recycling down to one. I watched one day when the trash truck came... both bins were dumped in the exact same truck. I e-mailed the county, and they said that they don't actually recycle and that everything goes into the landfill... ???

This happens all the time in liberal cities because they are so poorly mismanaged, that they can't afford basic services.

systems like Wheelabators...

I'm not at all surprised by this behavior. It's all show for leftists.

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 10-28-2023).]

shemdogg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2023 09:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for shemdoggSend a Private Message to shemdoggEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2023 07:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Biden just inked a deal to pay 20,000 Brown shirt youth activist to harass you and companies (Stop Oil group), but really it's political intimidators and agitators being paid on the backs of working people to cohearse people to vote Democrats by fear and intimidation.

Leftists are not good people. They are not green. They want you dead so they can take your stuff.

Wichita often appears as just an image—a meme, a cartoon or a photograph that he captions—but when he speaks, the hallucinatory landscape that shapes his online remarks comes into even sharper focus.

Describing the newly announced American Climate Corps as "20,000 Brown shirt youth activist to harass you and companies (Stop Oil group), but really it's political intimidators and agitators being paid on the backs of working people to [coerce] people to vote Democrats by fear and intimidation"..?

I myself have questions and doubts about this newly announced American Climate Corps that the Biden administration is trying to set up with an Executive Order.

But Wichita's description of it as "Brown shirts," hearkening back to Hitler's SA, is completely over the top.

You can scroll back and follow the links that I posted, for some descriptions of the American Climate Corps.

Wichita lacks gravitas to the extent that he should be studied by physicists as a possible way to achieve anti-gravity.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-30-2023).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2023 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Biden is over th top.
His policies are over the top.
His cronies in the media are over the top.
Your incessant yammering is over the top.

Wichita is not over the top.
cliffw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2023 08:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for cliffwSend a Private Message to cliffwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wichita often appears as just an image—a meme, a cartoon or a photograph that he captions—but when he speaks, the hallucinatory landscape that shapes his online remarks comes into even sharper focus.

But Wichita's description of it as "Brown shirts," hearkening back to Hitler's SA, is completely over the top.

What hallucinogens did you take, ? Over the target likely, perhaps on top of the target !

Do you even know anything, anything at all about Hitler's Brown Shirts.

You can scroll back and follow the links that I posted, for some descriptions of the American Climate Corps.

You can scroll back for us. You want us to scroll back through 29 pages to see what you said ? Links ? Oh, yeah, if it's on the internet, it is true, .

Wichita lacks gravitas to the extent that he should be studied by physicists as a possible way to achieve anti-gravity.

Day-um. Those appear to be good hallucinogens you are taking. Gravitas has nothing to do with gravity.

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2023 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Biden is over the top. His policies are over the top. His cronies in the media are over the top. Your incessant yammering is over the top.

Wichita is not over the top.

Copy-and-paste from a news media report.

President Biden on Wednesday announced an initiative to train more than 20,000 young people in skills crucial to combating climate change, such as installing solar panels, restoring coastal wetlands and retrofitting homes to be more energy-efficient.

The American Climate Corps comes as Biden seeks to win over young voters, a critical constituency, before next year’s presidential election. Polls show that climate change is a top concern for young people, who are more likely than older generations to face raging wildfires, stronger storms and rising seas in their lifetimes.

The initiative resembles a proposal that was included in an early version of Biden’s signature climate law, the Inflation Reduction Act. The Civilian Climate Corps was ultimately dropped from the final version of the legislation during private negotiations last summer between Senate Majority Leader Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.) and Sen. Joe Manchin III (D-W.Va.).

Since then, many Democrats and climate activists have called on Biden to use his executive authority to resurrect the Civilian Climate Corps. In a TikTok video Monday that racked up more than 16,000 views, the Sunrise Movement, a youth-led climate group, declared that “Dark Brandon would pass a CCC”—a reference to a meme that Biden’s 2024 campaign has embraced.

Youth climate activists have criticized the Biden administration for approving new fossil fuel projects such as the Willow oil drilling project in Alaska, with the hashtag #StopWillow going viral this spring. They say the president must do more to curb America’s dependence on fossil fuels, the leading cause of global warming, to lock in their support.

“I can’t speak on behalf of every single youth voter, but if President Biden continues to take bold climate action like this, I think it could go a long way,” Varshini Prakash, co-founder and executive director of Sunrise Movement, said in an interview. “Young people need to see more policies like this from the administration in the lead-up to the election.”

As part of a recruitment push, the White House on Wednesday will launch a new website where Americans can sign up to learn more about the workforce training program. All participants in the program will be paid, administration officials said, although they declined to disclose specific salaries.

The officials, who are closely monitoring the United Auto Workers’ ongoing strike against Detroit’s Big Three automakers, emphasized the program would help young people secure high-quality jobs after their training is complete.

The administration “will specifically be focused on making sure that folks that are coming through this program have a pathway into good-paying union jobs,” White House National Climate Adviser Ali Zaidi said on a Tuesday call with reporters previewing the announcement. “We’re very keenly focused on that.”

Zaidi said the initiative could help train the next generation of electricians. The country faces a dire shortage of electricians, who are needed to install a host of climate-friendly technologies, including heat pumps, efficient air conditioners and electric car chargers.

Biden’s push to transition to electric vehicles has become a key sticking point for the striking autoworkers, who fear the shift to EVs will mean fewer jobs and lower pay. The new initiative demonstrates that “green jobs can be good jobs,” said Trevor Dolan, industry and workforce policy lead at Evergreen Action, a advocacy group.

Biden is not the first president to envision such a program. In 1933, President Franklin D. Roosevelt established the Civilian Conservation Corps, which put more than 3 million young men to work planting trees, constructing trails and making improvements to the nation’s infrastructure. However, the New Deal-era plan limited leadership roles to White men, whereas “this climate corps will uplift and empower a diverse and inclusive workforce,” Prakash said.

Biden’s move bypasses gridlock on Capitol Hill, where Sen. Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.) and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) have introduced legislation to establish a Civilian Climate Corps that is unlikely to pass the Republican-controlled House. In recognition of this reality, Markey and Ocasio-Cortez sent a letter to the president on Monday urging him to take executive action.

“We must mobilize and train Americans to tackle the threats climate change poses to our communities by putting people to work on thousands of projects with one shared sense of purpose,” Markey said in a statement.

Democrats had proposed $30 billion in new funding for the Civilian Climate Corps that was included in the early version of the Inflation Reduction Act. In contrast, the new initiative will rely on existing funding sources, although administration officials declined to say how much money the program will receive or where these dollars will come from.

In the absence of federal action, eight states have established versions of climate corps programs, many of which are embedded in state governments and receive federal funding from AmeriCorps. The White House announced Wednesday that an additional five states—Arizona, Maryland, Minnesota, North Carolina and Utah—will move forward with climate corps programs that are funded through public-private partnerships, including AmeriCorps.

In California, which established the nation’s first state-level climate corps program in 2020, participants have sought to divert food from landfills—a significant source of climate pollution—to residents who struggle with food insecurity. Meanwhile in Michigan, the program has partnered with Wayne State University to help [Detroit residents] protect their homes from flooding, which has been exacerbated by rising global temperatures.

Try and square that description of the American Climate Corps with Wichita's over the top description of it:

Biden just inked a deal to pay 20,000 Brown shirt youth activist to harass you and companies (Stop Oil group), but really it's political intimidators and agitators being paid on the backs of working people to [coerce] people to vote Democrats by fear and intimidation.

I'd like to see "olejoedad" make any progress on squaring what is known at this point about the still nascent American Climate Corps, with Wichita's lurid description of it as a modern day reincarnation of Hitler's brownshirts.

Wichita is over the top, and he exposes other forum members like "olejoedad" who say otherwise.

Wichita, with help from "olejoedad" himself, has just exposed "olejoedad" as suffering from a full blown case of Over The Top Blindness syndrome.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2023 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You spout nonsense.
You copy and paste nonsense.
Have you ever had a logical thought that you can claim as your own?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2023 10:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You spout nonsense. You copy and paste nonsense. Have you ever had a logical thought that you can claim as your own?

Wichita has a lot of thoughts that he can claim as his own... thoughts that are disconnected from reality. That's why such thoughts are so original. No one else has them.

I'm still waiting for "olejoedad" to explain how the American Climate Corps concept equates to (in Wichita's words) "political intimidators and agitators."

Does Wichita think that someone from the American Climate Corps is going to force him to have solar panels installed on his roof... "or else."

Or else—what?

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2023 01:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010
I'm still waiting for "olejoedad" to explain how the American Climate Corps concept equates to (in Wichita's words) "political intimidators and agitators" that are like (Wichita's words, again) "brown shirts."

The way to get rid of these crickets is for "olejoedad" to explain...

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2023 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not my job to explain anything to you.

Ask Wichita.

I doubt he answers you though, as you have set the standard on this Forum for not answering questions.
PFF
System Bot
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2023 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's not my job to explain anything to you.

Ask Wichita.

I doubt he answers you... as you have set the standard on this Forum for not answering questions.

Do you think there's any real chance that someone from the newly announced American Climate Corps is going to try to intimidate you with threats like "Replace your home's old fashioned HVAC system with a new, energy saving heat pump, or else!" Or else—what?

I don't know what else to make of Wichita's remarks, in which he compares the still nascent American Climate Corps to the Nazi Party Brownshirts of the Hitler-era Germany... the Sturmabteilung or SA, for people who want to look that up online.

You can't support Wichita's remarks with any plausible explanation for them, but you are conspicuously "all over me" for having had the "temerity" to call out these latest Wichita remarks as bulls**t.

You suck.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2023 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Then do as I do with your posts....ignore them.

Forum rules and personal decorum prevent me from telling you what I think of you.
Wichita

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2023 05:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WichitaSend a Private Message to WichitaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Why? Don't you care about the environment?

[This message has been edited by Wichita (edited 10-31-2023).]

82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2023 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Can you point us to any articles in the Journal of Solid Waste Management along the lines of "Recycling and incineration, correlating efficiency metrics with Republican v. Democrat states, cities and counties"..?

Red states lead in many areas... including green energy. FP&L (or as we call it, "FPL") is owned by NeXT Energy (NEE) which I own stock on. And FPL (Florida Power & Light) is, if I'm not mistaken, the largest producer of solar electricity of any power and energy company in the United States (possibly the world).

Let's talk about wind... you need only look at the map of current wind power installations, and you can see that, yet again, red states lead (by far) the number of wind plants:

(Note, Florida doesn't want wind power because of NIMBY, and because they have 24x7 sun so they use more solar than wind, and... they also have nuclear power plants)

But it speaks to a much larger issue... the blue states time and time again, claim that Republicans are evil, are destroying the environment, and that Democrats are everything that is good, and saving the world. But when you get down to the brass tacks as they say... the blue states aren't actually doing ANYTHING. They have the worst water, the worst air pollution, the worst environmental records, the dirtiest waterways, etc. And you look at the red states... and they're actually the ones DOING the very things the blue states give themselves the pat on the back for.
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2023 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
These remarks are discussable.

Why? Don't you care about the environment?
CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
CLICK THUMBNAIL IMAGE TO ENLARGE

Red states lead in many areas... including green energy. FP&L (or as we call it, "FPL") is owned by NeXT Energy (NEE) which I own stock on. And FPL (Florida Power & Light) is, if I'm not mistaken, the largest producer of solar electricity of any power and energy company in the United States (possibly the world).

Let's talk about wind... you need only look at the map of current wind power installations, and you can see that, yet again, red states lead (by far) the number of wind plants:

CLICK FOR FULL SIZE
CLICK THUMBNAIL IMAGE TO ENLARGE

(Note, Florida doesn't want wind power because of NIMBY, and because they have 24x7 sun so they use more solar than wind, and... they also have nuclear power plants)

But it speaks to a much larger issue... the blue states time and time again, claim that Republicans are evil, are destroying the environment, and that Democrats are everything that is good, and saving the world. But when you get down to the brass tacks as they say... the blue states aren't actually doing ANYTHING. They have the worst water, the worst air pollution, the worst environmental records, the dirtiest waterways, etc. And you look at the red states... and they're actually the ones DOING the very things the blue states give themselves the pat on the back for.

This is just hallucinatory nonsense.

Biden just inked a deal to pay 20,000 Brown shirt youth activist to harass you and companies (Stop Oil group), but really it's political intimidators and agitators being paid on the backs of working people to cohearse people to vote Democrats by fear and intimidation.

Leftists are not good people. They are not green. They want you dead so they can take your stuff.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-31-2023).]

rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2023 11:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

rinselberg

16118 posts
Member since Mar 2010

Forum rules and personal decorum prevent me from telling you what I think of you.

A deh... deh... deh... I can't say it... Democrat!

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2023 12:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A deh... deh... deh... I can't say it... Democrat!

The surrender tour continues...
82-T/A [At Work]

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2023 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 82-T/A [At Work]Send a Private Message to 82-T/A [At Work]Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

This is just hallucinatory nonsense.

I just told you that Red states definitively lead Blue states in the use of Solar and Wind... yet everyone "believes" that Blue states are more environmentally friendly than Red states, yet it could not be further from the truth. I WANT you to address this. Maybe you can explain to me why that is?
rinselberg

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-31-2023 01:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rinselbergClick Here to visit rinselberg's HomePageSend a Private Message to rinselbergEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just told you that Red states definitively lead Blue states in the use of Solar and Wind... yet everyone "believes" that Blue states are more environmentally friendly than Red states, yet it could not be further from the truth. I WANT you to address this. Maybe you can explain to me why that is?

Maybe I could say something about this, but not on a short turnaround or even a foreseeable schedule.

I don't believe there is a simple or straightforward Reply message that would do justice to this Red v. Blue remark.

It would help if you could document the source for that map that you just posted, of wind energy installations.

[This message has been edited by rinselberg (edited 10-31-2023).]

Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 43 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36   37   38   39   40   41   42   43 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock