Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Billet Pegasus Badges- orders now being taken for a group buy........................ (Page 3)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
Previous Page | Next Page
Billet Pegasus Badges- orders now being taken for a group buy........................ by F-I-E-R-O
Started on: 11-13-2007 10:21 PM
Replies: 980
Last post by: silver 85 sc on 01-13-2013 01:21 PM
troyboy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2007 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

I'm thinking that these should be cut tomorrow as well, but don't hold me to that. Once they come off the CNC, they get cleaned up a bit at the shop then I get to pick them up. They ran the Pegasus first, and I do know that the badges will be done immediately right after that. At least they're a day ahead of schedule. Most any place that I've talked to or dealt with in the past would have taken a couple or three weeks to get started on a project, so I'm happy with the progress so far.

sounds good to me.
PayPal sent
IP: Logged
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post11-27-2007 11:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post
F-I-E-R-O, Come up with some sort of Billet Keychain that is similar to the Billet Nose badge that can be customized to say 3800SC, V8, GT and so on. I have been looking for a super nice keychain for years as I do not like the leather keyfob ones.

------------------

My best advice when it comes to your Fiero is to "NOT" do any dealings with www.kitcarman.com
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...070315-1-061575.html <~ The drama with kitcarman
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/078336.html <~ finishing and fixing kitcarmans mess
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum2/HTML/079860.html <~ re-do after kitcarmans motor blew up.

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 11-27-2007).]

F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2007 04:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
The emblems are in! Now to start the polishing!

As far as the key chain thing goes, I'll start looking into coming up with a design that can be customized. The thing that worries me most is that there are a lot of VERY cool designs out there that can be ordered with a custom logo that would be way cooler than what I think I can do... I will see what ideas I can come up with though.

I have something that I've been working on that I'm on the verge of announcing but can't just yet... It's going to be VERY cool, and WILL be the one thing that will tip the scales in a dead even auto show competition. At least that's my opinion- but I am going to be very proud of this once it gets going...
AutoTech

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2007 04:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post

Sweet! Cant wait to see what these look like in person!

Im taking the next week off just so I can sit by the mailbox and wait for them I should go buy some heated gloves.....
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2007 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySDirect Link to This Post

As far as the key chain thing goes, I'll start looking into coming up with a design that can be customized. The thing that worries me most is that there are a lot of VERY cool designs out there that can be ordered with a custom logo that would be way cooler than what I think I can do... I will see what ideas I can come up with though.

And where are these companies that sell a custom Fiero keychain? All I have ever seen are the leather keyfob ones. Whats wrong with taking this design and just making it a bit smaller?

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 11-28-2007).]

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-28-2007 06:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:
And where are these companies that sell a custom Fiero keychain? All I have ever seen are the leather keyfob ones. Whats wrong with taking this design and just making it a bit smaller? http://i177.photobucket.com...%20Badges/Old-meets-

Not Fiero specifically. The first step to coming up with something that I thought would be not only worth while, but something that I could take pride in as well as others was to do some research on what's out there already. It means a great deal to me that if I'm going to make something that it be the sort of thing that everyone can be proud to show off rather than something that is made just for the sake of making it. So, I've started taking a look around at what other people have designed. I may be over thinking things, nut I'd feel better knowing that I put my best effort into coming up with a design idea that we can all appreciate.

As far as the design you pointed out, I think that it will be close to that. I'm concerned about the inside points getting caught in things and want to make sure that it is durable, which means that it will probably be modified to fit those concerns. I got my table sander put together and opened the box that I thought had my fine sanding belts in it but they haven't come in yet- should be here tomorrow. So I'll be doing a little more by hand than I expected to tonight.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-29-2007 12:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
For those that wanted a solid version of this emblem, I wanted to share something that I just realized...

I think it looks even better with the polished Pegasus and brushed background! I know I had mentioned that I'd paint the background black, but this looks much better not painted- in my opinion. The choice is yours. Please pm me with your choice. In the mean time, I'll go through all the messages and contact those that wanted a solid background to find out for sure how to proceed. Time to get my wife involved with the bookkeeping I think...
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
bump for update
FieroGTguy

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroGTguyClick Here to visit FieroGTguy's HomePageSend a Private Message to FieroGTguyDirect Link to This Post
Hello,

I ordered the seperate (without backing), but was just thinking... Can I get the brushed backing seperate? I would like to use it to connect the wings to the body, but leave the center open. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Greg
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 04:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FieroGTguy:

Hello,

I ordered the seperate (without backing), but was just thinking... Can I get the brushed backing seperate? I would like to use it to connect the wings to the body, but leave the center open. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Greg

Yours went out today as three separated parts. I'll send you a back on Monday.

Update:

Greg's went out in today's mail, as did Johnathan from TX. I have 4 more that are about ready to go, just need a final polishing. The more that I polish up, the better I'm getting at doing them more quickly.

Troy,

I stopped by the shop yesterday and discussed the badge. We came up with a better way to make the badge without having the loose letters to worry about losing or falling off. He ordered a new bit that will be in on Monday and the badge should be picked up on Tuesday. As soon as I get it, I'll start getting it ready and post a pic for you to see. I'll work as fast as I can to get it out to you. I really think it'll be worth a couple days wait to do it right. My big concern was being able to keep those loose letters from coming off while making sure they stay aligned during the installation. These are going to be awesome!

Edit:

Just wanted to add that the process starts with wet sanding using denatured alcohol (works better than water) 800, 1000, 1500, and ending with 2000 checking between each sanding for any scratches. I use a thick glass shelf to sand on for a super flat surface. Rinse off before going to the buffer and buff to a nice shiny surface. The part goes to my wash sink where I spray it with some ZEP Citrus Degreaser (mmmmmm smells so good I could drink it) then rinsed with a custom sprayer. Hand polish and clean again. This happens for each individual piece before being assembled then one last hand polish before being sent out which is why it's taking a little bit of time to send them out... Wheeew.

Added...

The key to getting a nice smooth polish is to really put some downward pressure on the piece as you go through the various papers. The 2000 grit does a great job of getting a nice finish! the one thing I hate is accidentally flipping the piece and polishing the wrong side. I was marking the backs with a sharpie but the ink doesn't stay on long after using the denatured alcohol to rinse between sanding.

Looking at these as they get finished makes me a little sad to send them out into the world, but I know their going to good homes. Still...

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 12-02-2007).]

Robert 2

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 05:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
Do you use some polishing "rouge " ?
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 05:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Yes.

Edit...

The soft wheel gets cleaned each time (note to self: pick up another large flat head screw driver) and a blue rouge stick is used to get to a polish. Then cleaned and polished by hand with billet polish and soft cloth. I've got some more polish coming that I've seen some good reviews about as well as a secret polishing agent... I'm doing everything I can to get these to a mirrored polish. Let me add that should you have a problem with the polish on these before you put them on (accidents happen) send it back to me and I'll polish it back up for you. If it's gouged, then there's not much I can do except polish the gouge.

I can share a tip on putting the separated pieces on your surface: I've got a bunch of scrap aluminum that I've been experimenting many different adhesives. So far, the best is still the clear RTV Silicone. The way to put this on is to hold your piece in one hand with your thumb and forefinger. Taking your opened RTV Silicone, place a small dab on your middle finger. With the index finger of your other hand take a small amount and start dabbing on the large areas of the back of the piece. Dab, dab, dab dab the silicone around in a thin layer spreading out from the starting point spreading evenly outwards. This will result in little tiny spikes over the surface. Repeat until the total area of the piece is covered. You don't want it too thick as it will spread out when you place it firmly on the surface, but you want to make sure it's thick enough to stick solidly. Don't press too hard, just enough to get the tiny spikes to spread out under the part and not enough to spread out from the sides. The silicone will be strong enough to hold the part in place and flexible enough to adapt to changing temperatures, which is something that cyanoacrylate's can't do (which is one of the glues I've tested as well). Hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 12-01-2007).]

Robert 2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
Thanks for the info
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
i would like the unpolised center i like it better than it painted black thanks Austin
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2007 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vendetta:

i would like the unpolished center i like it better than it painted black thanks Austin

Got it.

I just got back from putting lights and decorations up at church. Thought I'd show you what I got to pick up this afternoon from the shop...

Anybody got one of these?

OK, back to polishing...

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 12-02-2007).]

metrofiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 01:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for metrofieroSend a Private Message to metrofieroDirect Link to This Post
I ordered a solid one from you and I will also take mine unpainted because I think they look awesome as is(like the one you post a few posts back)
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by metrofiero:

I ordered a solid one from you and I will also take mine unpainted because I think they look awesome as is(like the one you post a few posts back)

No problem!
88GTFormula

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 09:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GTFormulaSend a Private Message to 88GTFormulaDirect Link to This Post
I ordered one of each (one with a solid backround and the other in 3 pieces.) could i possibly get them both in a solid piece now (not painted black or anything) sorry for my change of mind. lemmie know if theres any problem with that.

Thanks again,
~Tim
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 11:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 88GTFormula:

I ordered one of each (one with a solid backround and the other in 3 pieces.) could i possibly get them both in a solid piece now (not painted black or anything) sorry for my change of mind. lemmie know if theres any problem with that.

Thanks again,
~Tim

Got it.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2007 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

F-I-E-R-O

8410 posts
Member since Jan 2005
Just thought I'd share a shining moment....

Shiny!

This was taken with an old Cannon digital camera, still got to get the Nikon battery.
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
So when do mine come out?? Sorry im just excited about this... thanks austin
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2007 11:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
I've got 4 more boxes going out tomorrow, and I'm working on yours right now.

-Shane in IA
-Robert in Quebec
-Clynt in WA
-Terry in MD

Richard, Vince, Tim, and Austin are in progress and should go out shortly.
dozol

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 04:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dozolClick Here to visit dozol's HomePageSend a Private Message to dozolDirect Link to This Post
i would like mine with unpolished center, not painted

thanks, dominik
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2007 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
The big metal sheet with all the cutouts would make a cool art piece. If you put frosted glass with lights it would look cool or something along those lines
88GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT350Send a Private Message to 88GT350Direct Link to This Post
I ordered two solids and after seeing the unpainted version, I think I'll go unpainted. Thanks
88GT350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 10:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 88GT350Send a Private Message to 88GT350Direct Link to This Post

88GT350

13 posts
Member since Nov 2004
I ordered two solids and after seeing the unpainted version, I think I'll go unpainted. Thanks
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Getting ready to send them out that way.
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
Cant wait to get them
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 03:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Some people should have gotten theirs already. I have to go to church to help with the after school program but will start back on polishing and getting more out as soon as I get home. Time to put my serious hat on...
Dragon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2007 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DragonSend a Private Message to DragonDirect Link to This Post
Very Nice

Have any more left?

Thanks

Frank

http://floridafieros.org/daytona2008

blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 12:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post
Still waiting to receive my double set. Can you provide an ETA?
PFF
System Bot
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 12:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by blkcofy:

Still waiting to receive my double set. Can you provide an ETA?

It's going out first thing in the morning.
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 12:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
did mine go out today?
StoicMe

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 05:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for StoicMeSend a Private Message to StoicMeDirect Link to This Post
Sorry if I missed it. What is the word on the door tabs?
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2007 09:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
Were mine sent? I orderd 2 seperate and one solid. I want the solid un-painted. LMK
Robert 2

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2007 10:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Robert 2Send a Private Message to Robert 2Direct Link to This Post
F-I-E-R-O
You have a PM
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2007 06:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
hello? and bump
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2007 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by StoicMe:
Sorry if I missed it. What is the word on the door tabs?

I ordered some more so I have a bunch of extras, so if anyone wants one they can. I want to finish the ordered ones first then the door tabs will start. I expect them to be ordered within the next two weeks, those will be much easier to get out.

Originally posted by Vendetta:
hello? and bump

Your's went out today. I'm not sure if I made the Pack & Mail pickup for delivery but they are on their way. I also responded by pm to the post above.
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2007 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
Im looking for some confirmation here too, have mine been sent?
blkcofy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2007 12:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for blkcofySend a Private Message to blkcofyDirect Link to This Post
Soooooo, I'm sitting here by my mailbox every day for the last 6 days since F I E R O said he was mailing them out, and so far nothing yet. I know it's the holidays, and mail might be a bit slow...but would love to have some level of confirmation here.

Has anyone received their pegasus badges yet? Just anxious to get my hands on what looks like a beautiful piece.
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock