Pennock's Fiero Forum
  The Mall - Archive
  Billet Pegasus Badges- orders now being taken for a group buy........................ (Page 20)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 
Previous Page | Next Page
Billet Pegasus Badges- orders now being taken for a group buy........................ by F-I-E-R-O
Started on: 11-13-2007 10:21 PM
Replies: 980
Last post by: silver 85 sc on 01-13-2013 01:21 PM
whadeduck

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 103
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 05:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for whadeduckSend a Private Message to whadeduckDirect Link to This Post
Well, to be completely honest, I only paid for one and I recieved one. But he said I could have another one for free for helping with the idea. That one I don't have yet. Then again, I haven't been home to check my mail yet today either.

------------------
Whade' "The Duck Formerly Known As Wade" Duck
'87 GT Auto
'88 Ferrario
'84 Indy

IP: Logged
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 109
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by CenTexIndy:

PFF Member Name Item QTY Status
pswayne Pegasus 2 Paid
dozol Pegasus 1 Paid ---------------------------------------------Received
blkcofy Pegasus 2 Paid--------------------------------------------Received
Terry B. Pegasus 1 Paid
Sourmug Pegasus 1 Paid ----------------------------------------Received
88formulaman Pegasus 1 Paid
88GT350 Pegasus 2 Paid
CenTexIndy Pegasus 3 Paid ------------------------------------Received
Vendetta Pegasus 2 Paid
metrofiero Pegasus 1 Paid -------------------------------------------Received
Robert 2 Pegasus 1 Paid ---------------------------------------------Received
88GTFormula Pegasus 2 Paid
PineyCreek Pegasus 1 Paid -----------------------------------------Received
hellbentkrusty Pegasus 1 Paid
whadeduck Pegasus 2* Paid -----------------------------------------Received
SNAPPERHEAD Pegasus 2 Paid
FieroWannaBe Pegasus 1 Paid
Silentassassin185 Pegasus 1 Paid
Jarhead 2m4 Pegasus 2 Paid
craigsfiero2007 Pegasus 1 Paid
AutoTech Pegasus 3 Paid --------------------------------------------Received
Steve25 Pegasus 2 Paid
DESTOS Pegasus 1 Paid
FieroGTguy Pegasus 1 Paid
formula2 Pegasus 3 Paid
Fierotaz Pegasus 1 Paid

Why do you think I got my badges? Who said I got my badges?

Im sure I will get them soon enough, but the sooner the better.
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 05:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AutoTech:

Why do you think I got my badges? Who said I got my badges?

Im sure I will get them soon enough, but the sooner the better.

I mis-read one of your posts. I just saw that you said the weather was nice so you could put them on - didn't realize that right in front of that it clearly states you haven't received them.

MY MISTAKE.
<------(grumbles to himself and reminds himself not to get in such a hurry next time)

Your post that I mis-read:

03-31-2008 04:34 PM

Doh!

Ive had that happen, it does hurt for a little while

I cant wait to get these and stick them on my car, and the weather is finally getting nice too, which will make it that much more enjoyable

[This message has been edited by CenTexIndy (edited 04-07-2008).]

AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-07-2008 05:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
Its all good, like I said, Im sure I will get them soon enough.

As for everyone wanting an update -

The healing proccess with Andrews burned hand is taking a little while, which is slowing him down, but he is working on them. A couple more badges have been polished as of yesterday, and all is looking good. It will probably be a few more days until he is fully healed.
Vendetta

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
I just wish he would let me know something. I know his hand is hurt and thats fine it is slowing him down. I don't mind delays because delays happen in life but i just want communication. That is all i have wanted this entire time. Andrew get better and let me know something. Thanks Austin
CenTexIndy

Feedback score:    (32)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 59
Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CenTexIndySend a Private Message to CenTexIndyDirect Link to This Post
Well - according to his post in the Cougar forum his hands are healing and getting better.
I truly believe he is NOW trying to get this whole episode behind him.

[This message has been edited by CenTexIndy (edited 04-08-2008).]

AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-08-2008 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
******UPDATE*******

2 more done, and still truckin' !!!

Cant wait
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-10-2008 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
--------------- UPDATE ---------------

I just received another email from Andrew, and figured it was best to copy / paste it here:

Mark,

Your emblems are in the mail. I got caught up with a bunch of stuff yesterday that I didn’t expect. L In addition to yours, I sent a bunch of emblems out today:

Brian H.

Leroy L.

Mark W.

Stephen W.

Michael L.

John M.

There are a few that I’m not sure what version they want solid or separated. I’ve tried emailing them but either haven’t gotten a response yet or the email kicks back:

<<< 550 SC-001 Mail rejected by Windows Live Hotmail for policy reasons. Reasons for rejection may be related to content with spam-like characteristics or IP/domain reputation problems. If you are not an email/network admin please contact your E-mail/Internet Service Provider for help.

I’m trying to get a hold of:

Stephanie T.

Vendetta

FieroWannaBe

The few that are outstanding will all be sent out by the end of next week, if not much sooner, especially since there’s not many more to go. What a big relief to be on track again and “in the groove” of things. J

Please let me know when you get them and what you think.

Best regards,
Andrew

If your name is in the list of people he is trying to contact, please email Andrew at:

Andrew-Rogers@stny.rr.com

Thanks Andrew

[This message has been edited by AutoTech (edited 04-10-2008).]

pswayne

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneDirect Link to This Post
Just curious... Did any of the above folks order before Nov. 21, 2007? I still don't have badges.
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
I order before Nov 21st. and i still dont have badges.

nvm he sent it to an email address i rearely check now.

[This message has been edited by Vendetta (edited 04-11-2008).]

AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-11-2008 10:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Vendetta:

nvm he sent it to an email address i rearely check now.

Vendetta, check your PM's.
PFF
System Bot
Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 01:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
I got one in and i must say they are worth the wait. Very nice work. I hope the other is just as nice..

Austin
ITALGT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ITALGTSend a Private Message to ITALGTDirect Link to This Post
This thread has been teasing me so long. Before things got ugly I was wanting to buy a couple of billet badges. I wanted one badge for my TPI intake... the other for the nose. I understand there is a long list of people who are waiting for their's... but I was curious if people like me could be added at the bottom of this list as new buyers???

BRett

Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Just got mine about 5 minutes ago. Most definitely worth the wait.
pswayne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by ITALGT:

This thread has been teasing me so long. Before things got ugly I was wanting to buy a couple of billet badges. I wanted one badge for my TPI intake... the other for the nose. I understand there is a long list of people who are waiting for their's... but I was curious if people like me could be added at the bottom of this list as new buyers???

BRett

Maybe you should get one here instead.
AutoTech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for AutoTechSend a Private Message to AutoTechDirect Link to This Post
HOLY POLISHED BADGES BATMAN!!!!!

I just got mine, and they are simply amazing! These things are absolutely perfect, Im not joking, and the pics dont do them justice.

Thanks for the badges Andrew, Im glad I finally got them.
F-I-E-R-O

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 294
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Brint:

I played the game and WON buddy. I was just trying to warn others who might not be as experienced.

OMG! This is too funny to just let go! I was late in sending a badge and gave a refund as well as sent a note:

http://i300.photobucket.com...art/Brint-Refund.gif

Yeah, got me Brint, you da man...

Originally posted by pswayne:
Maybe you should get one here instead.

This needs a visual comparison...

Click for larger version...

I figured it would be easier to update everyone and those that have been watching this so here I am. I've gotten a bunch of emblems out last week and as you can see, people are getting them as I type. I was hoping to get more done this weekend but the blisters are at the point where most all that's left is raw flesh. Eeeeew. Makes it hard to hold the pieces especially on the buffer (never mind the heat!) so I'll have to take it one day at a time. While getting back on track, I did some more research and discovered a secret to getting these polished without creating a haze on them- which was very discouraging and frustrating. No more hazing and the pieces are both easier and faster to polish up.

Vendetta, I'm pretty sure you got the PM that AutoTech was kind enough to forward for me while I was having trouble getting back on the forum. In my excitement to get as many out as I could, I only sent the one out instead of two. I also discovered a mistake on my spread sheet where in trying to keep the orders in order I kept telling someone that they had gone out for them when they were actually sent to someone else (wrong line highlighted as completed).

I fully expect that the few people that are waiting for theirs will have them sent out no later than the end of this week, based on the amount of time I have to work on these, the number left to do, and the much smoother process that I'm using. It's a great feeling to be back on this project.

Regarding other emblems, I have plenty extras which will be posted on eBay once they're polished and ready to go (VS the other way around). I'll also be making the billet badges which are a lot more fun to polish than the three separate pieces for the Pegasus!

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 04-14-2008).]

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 05:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
i got the message from AutoTech. thanks.
Andrew check your PM's.

Thanks Austin
Silentassassin185

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 93
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Silentassassin185Send a Private Message to Silentassassin185Direct Link to This Post
Andrew you have a PM
Emc209i

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 225
User Banned

Report this Post04-14-2008 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Emc209iSend a Private Message to Emc209iDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Click for larger version...

No offense intended, but he sent me 6 items for less than one of yours... Also, I'm going to be posting pictures of what they look like with a high gloss finish. I'll be sure to put them side by side for a true comparison.

He also took one week on his own personal time. This also includes burning a custom design that I sent him.

Shouldn't you be more focused on getting your badges out.....?
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 09:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Emc209i:
Shouldn't you be more focused on getting your badges out.....?

Jeeeze. Get mad when I don't post, wag your finger when I do... sometimes I just can't win (besides, I know I posted an explanation as to why I'm able to take a few moments to post here, it's hard enough to hold these things to polish with a good hand without them bouncing off the wall, but try doing it with two missing finger tips and a burned hand). Looking at what I've seen so far, I can understand how the pricing could be different. As far as the high gloss finish, you can polish a lump of coal all you like, but it'll never shine as bright as a diamond. Regardless of what happened here in the past, I can still take pride in the quality of my work. From the extreme attention to detail, to ensuring that it most closely resembles the original design. If that product suits your needs and represents what you feel is quality while being able to save a few bucks in the process, great. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.
PFF
System Bot
86_IRM_TURBO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 86_IRM_TURBOSend a Private Message to 86_IRM_TURBODirect Link to This Post
Andrew, Thanks for taking the time to post here!
never2old

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 68
Rate this member

Report this Post04-14-2008 11:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for never2oldSend a Private Message to never2oldDirect Link to This Post
Andrew........In the words of "Florsheim shoes"

Quality sells itself
IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMDirect Link to This Post
So I get home last night and I have a little orange piece of paper saying I have a certified letter at the post office. I was expecting a package but not a letter. Then I figured Andrew had sent the badges in a bubbled envelope to keep them protected. Then that's when the brain wandered...why is it certified? Why do I have to sign for it? I've never seen this name before as the sender...oh damn, who's trying to collect money or sue me now?

Well, after my route guy takes his sweet time looking for the certified letter he comes to the front of the post office after fifteen minutes of waiting. In this time, I count the endless line of people sending their last minute tax returns and they are all paying for their returns to be certified? I asked the postal clerk why they were doing that and she said she didn't understand it either since they weren't asking for a return signature. Oh well, just goes to show how easily people can waste money.

Anyway, sorry for the diatribe. What was in the package? Two very nice, highly polished badges. The quality and finish is outstanding on these two pieces. I have to give Andrew kudos to a job well done. I ordered the IMSA badges just like Troyboy had created and to be honest, the photo in Troy's thread doesn't do these badges justice.

picture borrowed from Archie

The two badges I received have more shine and flash to them. Thanks Troy for having Andrew create these for the IMSA's and thanks Andrew for creating something of great quality. I'll try to post a pic tonight of the badges.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-15-2008 09:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post
Please note that the billet Fiero badge pictured above was a first run piece for fitting only and not representative of the final product. That's a horrible picture of an excellent badge as you can see here...

Sorry about the hassle in picking those up, I sent them registered to ensure that you got them and not the postman...
Brint

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BrintSend a Private Message to BrintDirect Link to This Post
And I made it perfectly clear to people that you refunded my money as well as (in a VERY untimely manor) received the badges I payed for. Yes, I am "Da Man" because I've got your number and no matter what you may or may NOT produce, you'll NEVER get another dime of my money. No, Andrew it's not funny, It's sad. Very very sad. Be advised and let IT go. I don't see how YOU have room to point fingers at ANYONE!

Not only did I get the product but a complete refund (One of the SCAMMER's moment of consciousness). And I learned to NEVER deal with him again!

Vendetta

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 12:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VendettaSend a Private Message to VendettaDirect Link to This Post
how can you complain about a complete refund and the product you didnt pay for??? .... Get a life man... you had to wait a whole 3 months for a free product....Sounds terrible to me(sarcasm).
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 01:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

I don't see how YOU have room to point fingers at ANYONE!

Even based on what has happened previous, I will defend what I can about myself. Making a mistake does not mean that a person loses all rights to maintaining some sense of respect or dignity and building on it from there. Now that things are much more positive in my mind, I feel that whether it's myself or anyone else, a person should strive to stand up for themselves when they have a legitimate argument or concern. If a person fails to do that, then how can they possibly hope to build on their positive attributes? There are plenty of people in this world who are very good at pointing out the flaws in others yet fail to accept their own. Part of moving forward is understanding that and learning how to work with that realization. Regrets aside, my intention is to make the best of all that has happened and move forward. I felt that your comments were a little too self indulgent and could have been expressed in a different tone. As I write this, I realize also that I need to stop and think a little more before reacting. Considering that I'm not completely walking away from this and am on the road to making things right, I feel that I have a little wiggle room to point a finger where it seems appropriate- albeit a stubby one... Not everyone will see this viewpoint the way I do. I think that not allowing people the opportunity to redeem themselves makes it difficult for anyone who has made mistakes to have a sense of hope. Looking at this from the "other side," I have a somewhat unique perspective of why so many people continue to fail their whole lives. They feel that no matter how hard they try, they'll never be able to get past the image that others have of them and stop trying. This can be a crippling consequence. Fortunately for me, it was a temporary one. My frame of mind now is that I could have one pixel or green bar left (probably by someone no longer on the forum or who forgot they rated me ) yet I'll still strive to build on whatever good thing happens each day. Because my determination and understanding of things are so much clearer now, I am able to brush aside non-productive comments or reminders and concentrate on the things that I can take pride in.

Brint, thanks for your response. Without it, I wouldn't have had this moment to reflect on where I am now vs last month. I probably would have at some point, but sooner is always better than later... unless your painting a car or cooking bacon, then it's better to take your time and wait.
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 03:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
if you want to defend your self why not address the fact you where happy selling stuff on ebay and playing with your cougar until it started raining down on your personal life. Then you decided to make it right.

F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 04:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrisgtp:
if you want to defend your self why not address the fact you where happy selling stuff on ebay and playing with your cougar until it started raining down on your personal life. Then you decided to make it right.

I appreciate your thoughtful comment. Some people turn to drugs as a form of escape, others have other addictions or coping skills. I struggled with over achieving a perfect product. My inexperience and frustration with creating something that was as close to professional looking as I could get consumed me to the point where it was difficult to face. As far as being "happy" I understand that a person's perception could be that I was happy doing one thing or another based on a what might be gleaned from reading a forum page or witnessing a certain activity but that's a mistake that many people make when considering the true nature of a person's actual mental health. I have been very surprised to learn the number of people either here or on the other forum that are not as they seem. By that, I mean in reading the posts and being aware of their activities, many if not most really don't realize what is happening behind the facade they portrait until being shared in an email or PM. How often have any of us heard or read a news story about someone who committed suicide and had no idea that he or she was struggling with depression. Just because a person has depression doesn't mean that they are unable to mask it in public, or around their friends. Having participated recently in group meetings with others who were in (and many still are) the same/similar state of mind, it really takes some probing to realize how much trouble they're really in. For many people who have no experience with depression, I can certainly understand how confusing it can be, if not down right unbelievable. Let's say some one needs to fix a bad lifter in an engine. For someone who has the experience or at the very least the mechanical aptitude to do that, it would be easy for them to tell someone who doesn't to just do it. Even with a detailed explanation on how to do it, many people either wouldn't be able to or would struggle with it until they either finally managed to accomplish the task or just gave up. For me, it was a little more complicated than that. I'm one of those people that can accomplish the task, but went into a frame of mind that was something like having someone turn out the lights and expecting the work to get done anyway. Now that the so called lights are back on, I'm picking up all the dropped tools and parts to finish what was started. I'm not sure that I can explain it any better than this. At this point, not only is it important for me to pick up the pieces, but I'm really hoping that going through the embarrassment of explaining this (or at least attempting to) will somehow be something that helps someone else. People wonder why it's so hard to reach out when something like this happens. I think the plain and simple answers are that they're afraid to admit they need help, they're afraid that people won't understand, they feel shame for not being able to help themselves, and they hope that tomorrow will be better so they don't have to. As time slips by, tomorrow turns into a week which turns into a month and so on. Dealing with depression is something that happens on a day to day basis. You don't look at how much time has gone by as much as trying to forget yesterday and working to get through the day at hand. Where others see a long period of time as passing, someone who is suffering from depression mostly feels it as another shovel full of dirt being thrown out of the hole. The deeper it gets, the harder it is to climb out of.

I hope this sheds a little light on your question/comment. I expect that there will be those who might not be able to look past the social stigma, be able to relate, or may even be caught up in the high school mentality that it's easier to make fun of someone who is different than to look deeper with an open mind, and that's OK with me. I'm not here to change people as much as having a place to express my creativity and try to be helpful when I can. It'll be a while before I'll be able to relax and enjoy myself though, I'm not at a point where I really fit in very well, but that will come in time I'm sure.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 04-16-2008).]

Brint

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrintSend a Private Message to BrintDirect Link to This Post
I have a life and am free to complain about whatever I choose, including crappy "customer service" if you will. I've considered the source...

Originally posted by Vendetta:

how can you complain about a complete refund and the product you didnt pay for??? .... Get a life man... you had to wait a whole 3 months for a free product....Sounds terrible to me(sarcasm).

PFF
System Bot
troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 10:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by F-I-E-R-O:

Please note that the billet Fiero badge pictured above was a first run piece for fitting only and not representative of the final product. That's a horrible picture of an excellent badge as you can see here...

The final product will be on it's way to Archies for final fitment next week, they will be installed after paint.
BTW: Andrew they are FABULOUS.
any advise on what to use to mount them, I would cry if they fall off.
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post04-16-2008 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by troyboy:

The final product will be on it's way to Archies for final fitment next week, they will be installed after paint.
BTW: Andrew they are FABULOUS.
any advise on what to use to mount them, I would cry if they fall off.

Since Archie is doing the work with the emblems, you may want to have him weld tabs on the back...one behind the logo and another behind the Fiero name. He can use the press tabs to secure it to the car. If he has a good person doing the welding, the piece won't even have to be re-polished.
F-I-E-R-O

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 12:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for F-I-E-R-OSend a Private Message to F-I-E-R-ODirect Link to This Post

One idea is to drill and tap some threaded posts into the badge as seen above, or tack welding them to the back instead. The other thing to consider would be to use some clear RTV Silicone sealant dabbed onto the back and set lightly and firmly to the surface. You want it to keep good contact but not spread out the sides, though it can be cleaned up without too much trouble using an X-acto knife. Personally, I like the Silicone...

Here's an example of one of my badges with the threaded post holes...

Keep in mind though that this is much thicker than yours, even so, I don't think that spot welding a couple threaded posts will be a problem. Also keep in mind that I am not a welder and have zero experience in this area which means that my opinion on this matter means practically nothing... for what it's worth.

Ooops, just noticed this...

Originally posted by IMSA GT:
Since Archie is doing the work with the emblems, you may want to have him weld tabs on the back...one behind the logo and another behind the Fiero name. He can use the press tabs to secure it to the car. If he has a good person doing the welding, the piece won't even have to be re-polished.

Re polishing will be a breeze should there be any issues with attaching them to the car- which is why I really prefer the billet over chrome plating. No pitting or re-chroming to worry about as they age. Touch up with a soft cloth wheel, rub with Mother's billet polish and wipe clean with a cotton tee-shirt. Just like new. Generally, over time very fine scratches may appear which can be easily fixed. I love the soft white pads that are sold in a kit with velcro handle at most any local car parts store. This is also recommended for the Pegasus emblems.

[This message has been edited by F-I-E-R-O (edited 04-17-2008).]

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post04-17-2008 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Direct Link to This Post
F.I.E.R.O.- Glad to see you back. I haven't been on in a while, so I know I am late. But I am glad to see you back.
pswayne

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-19-2008 10:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pswayneSend a Private Message to pswayneDirect Link to This Post
Bump.... Still no badges....
chrisgtp

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 08:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for chrisgtpSend a Private Message to chrisgtpDirect Link to This Post
I have no ill will to you because your diffrent I could care less if you where 9ft tall with a 3ft Mohawk. What i have a problem with is they way you blame others for your problems. You come on here with an attitude like "don't you know i have a problem". I'm glad to see your doing better I don't like to see people suffering from any issues, My uncle suffers from about the same issue that you have But as a family we don't let him get away with setting in the basement moping around every time he gets a mood swing. what you have here and at home is a lot of enabler's that will tell you that everything is ok when its not or cover for you. Thats never going to help you get better. Im not going to sit here and try to diagnosis your issues from 500 miles over the Internet. In this life a man is judged by his words and his actions. There is not one person on this site that will say you don't make amazing things. Its your follow up that sucks. Maybe its just a lucky time line that as soon as the pressure started raining down you snapped out of your depression but i think tough love had a lot to do with it. Think what you may of me but i hold every member of society to the same standers. You getting a free pass for have a few months out off the year doesn't fly in my book. You just have to make damn sure that the remained good months you have is enough to make good on the promises you made.
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Direct Link to This Post

Originally posted by chrisgtp:

I have no ill will to you because your diffrent I could care less if you where 9ft tall with a 3ft Mohawk. What i have a problem with is they way you blame others for your problems. You come on here with an attitude like "don't you know i have a problem". I'm glad to see your doing better I don't like to see people suffering from any issues, My uncle suffers from about the same issue that you have But as a family we don't let him get away with setting in the basement moping around every time he gets a mood swing. what you have here and at home is a lot of enabler's that will tell you that everything is ok when its not or cover for you. Thats never going to help you get better. Im not going to sit here and try to diagnosis your issues from 500 miles over the Internet. In this life a man is judged by his words and his actions. There is not one person on this site that will say you don't make amazing things. Its your follow up that sucks. Maybe its just a lucky time line that as soon as the pressure started raining down you snapped out of your depression but i think tough love had a lot to do with it. Think what you may of me but i hold every member of society to the same standers. You getting a free pass for have a few months out off the year doesn't fly in my book. You just have to make damn sure that the remained good months you have is enough to make good on the promises you made.

Your spot on. Not to worry though while he was diddling himself and blaming the world another stepped in. https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/041694.html Now maybe he will just go away so he wont taunt us another time,, http://www.youtube.com/watc...-KZQ&feature=related I think three times is the charm as he will only do it a fourth time if he gets teh chance. Rick

Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-20-2008 11:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Direct Link to This Post
Finally got 'em!

------------------
"Semper Fiero"

troyboy

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post04-22-2008 04:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for troyboySend a Private Message to troyboyDirect Link to This Post
bump for madcurl
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 25 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25 

All times are ET (US)

T H I S   I S   A N   A R C H I V E D   T O P I C

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock